HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

It would be best for the NHL if Crosby was

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2004, 05:40 AM
Safir*

vCash: 500
Rangers, Blackhawks or Pittsburgh.

Old
12-29-2004, 10:28 AM
PhoPhan

I don't think he is needed in a huge market. Those teams already have large fan bases. He is needed on a team with a new fan base with the potential to grow, i.e. Nashville, Columbus, Florida, Anaheim, Carolina, etc. Or Phoenix .

Old
12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
LannysStach
Thou shall

re: the Rangers -- as a 20-year Manhattan resident i gotta say Crosby will make about as much impact there as a snowflake falling in Tampa. he'll be noticed for a split second and then evaporate and be completely forgotten. it was only by an act of God (Mark Messier) that the rangers ever won anything in the last 50 years. don't get me wrong, i'm a HUGE Rangers fan, but there's just too many other distractions in that town for anyone to care about hockey for longer than a two-second highlight reel. i love the broadway blues, but like the toronto make believes, it's Because they're perpetual losers.

the kid should play in canada because nobody (.00001%) in the States gives a rat's patoodie about hockey. in fact he should be play on the new team in Winnipeg! did you guys see that great spankin new 15,000 seat arena during the Junior's exhibition games? or if they keep that tony soprano bertuzzi out of the league, have him play in Calgary with jerome. that would bring the cup home.

Old
12-29-2004, 12:03 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Mainly anywhere NOT in Canada.

For Crosby to matter, he has to be in an American market where he could have a significant impact. I don't think a southern team getting Crosby will make it a hockey town. He should go to a city that would reenergize their interest in hockey:

Chicago
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
St. Louis
NY Rangers
Washington

The only new market I would think would make as much as an impact is Columbus. Maybe Atlanta, but if Kovalchuk and Heatley can't do it, Crosby probably can't either.

Old
12-29-2004, 12:23 PM
salty justice

The NHL would be better off today, IMO, if guys like Kovalchuk and Heatly were not in Atlanta. We do not need to throw away Crosby to them too.

Old
12-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Diaboli

A soccer player. I mean, the way some Crosby fan talk, you'd think he's the next becoming of Christ. So it would just make NHL boring. Only the team that had Crosby could win the cup.

Old
12-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Me being a Flyers fan and all, I could care less where he ends up. I would support his move to the Rangers more than any other franchise though. The GM looks like he's starting to get his head on straight by moving the more expensive players for youth. Gretzky, Messier, Crosby (I haven't been too impressed with this "phenom" yet.. but if someone wants to throw away two or three first rounders that's fine)

Old
12-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Boomhower

I agree with the Chicago theory. As a Wings fan, it would be nice to see Chicago re-embrace the game. Maybe Crosby could wake the sleeping giant?

Old
12-29-2004, 01:20 PM
wilka91*

Washington or Pittsburgh. Guess why!

Old
12-29-2004, 01:20 PM
NYRangers

It would be best if he came to the Rangers. LA is a great choice but there not in as bad of a shape. Chicago is a good choice. But I think Ruutu will be a 90 point superstar. The Rangers are currently lacking someone like that.

I just hope he doesnt go to Colombus or Washingotn, which are realy possibilities. Colombus has Nash and Zhardev as potential franchise players. And well, the most likely destination, Washington, would be bad. It would waste the hype and excitment that AO and Crosby could make in different cities.

Old
12-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
I'd choose LA, but the Rangers wouldn't be bad either.

Of course, I hope he ends up in NJ...

Old
12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
London Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold
picked by the Ottawa Senators so that the NHL can have its next dynasty.
The Senators already have a dynasty going. They have trounced the Maple Leafs time and time again.

The best spot for Crosby would be in New York because that is the most interested hockey location in the US. Detroit may have great fans, but people outside of Red Wings fans really don't care about Detroit. But New York is New York. It is the ultimate bandwagon city, and sticking a huge star in a major bandwagon location makes people interested in the team.

The best place personally though to me would be any true hockey market, a place where he would be appreciated for what he does and not just when you see his name in the scorers list.

Old
12-29-2004, 01:39 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Any place where a high profile team is or a team that is gonna have a massif dynasty going in the nxt 2 yrs. Oh yeah and he must go to the U S of A. Thats where the NHL future lyes. Canadian teams are just fine in terms of popilarity and fan base with out Crosby. I think NY, LA are the best places.

Old
12-29-2004, 01:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evman
Can you say has-been?

I thought you could.

The last real superstar the Rangers had was Mark Messier a decade ago. And we all know how that worked out.
They won the Stanley Cup.

Old
12-29-2004, 01:47 PM
wildslip

Corsby should go to minnesota could u imagine gaborik-rolston-crosby damn best line in the league by far.

Old
12-29-2004, 01:49 PM
PecaFan

Crosby in New York accomplishes nothing. The game is already popular, well publicised, etc.

Old
12-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi-wayman

I think Washington should be automaticly awarded first overall pick in both 2005 & 2006. That way they can draft both Crosby and Kessel and thus have the top Russian, Canadian and U.S. prospects in their lineup.

Old
12-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Evman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
They won the Stanley Cup.
Really?

Old
12-29-2004, 05:05 PM
hfboardsuser

Crosby would only be a short-term fix in the Southern markets, and then really only for the one that picked him up. Chicago has a bright future already: if the fans won't come to see Ruutu, Barker and Seabrook in 2-3 years' time, then they don't deserve a team. The Rangers are getting their just desserts for trying to buy a contender. Montreal doesn't need him- they're popular enough as it is.

I don't think it would help the NHL in any significant way if he went to any one franchise- it might for the first few seasons, but it's a bandaid solution.

Old
12-29-2004, 06:24 PM
GoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman
I think Washington should be automaticly awarded first overall pick in both 2005 & 2006. That way they can draft both Crosby and Kessel and thus have the top Russian, Canadian and U.S. prospects in their lineup.
I love you

Old
12-29-2004, 07:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evman
Really?
Really.

Old
12-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Remember guys during the NHL's most successful period Gretz was in LA (homer mode off)

Old
12-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Inactive

Without a question, the Atlanta Thrashers.

Playing on a line with Heatly and Kovalchuk, getting passes from Coburn and Exelby on defence, and watching Lehtonen kick out shots would be the best option for him, and with other stars like Patrik Stefan, Mark Savard on the team already and other HOT prospects like Jim Slater, Boris Valabik and Lane Manson coming up in the system, I think that Atlanta would be a heavy cup contender in no time. Add Crosby in and the win the cup in 4 years.

Old
12-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob
The NHL would be better off today, IMO, if guys like Kovalchuk and Heatly were not in Atlanta. We do not need to throw away Crosby to them too.
Would you care to explain why? Kovalchuk and Heatly both had tremendous starts to there careers there and the fans love them. They are becoming better players by the day in Atlanta, and have a potentially solid team to work with. Crosby would make things better in Atlanta, and bring even more fans in, and make Atlanta a even more hockey crazy town? So what is so bad about "throwing away" Crosby to a future Stanley Cup contender?

Old
12-29-2004, 07:54 PM
pittengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
Corsby should go to minnesota could u imagine gaborik-rolston-crosby damn best line in the league by far.
I dont know. A Mario-Malkin-Crosby line could do a lil damage here and there

Closed Thread