HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE OT THREAD - Lockout edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
  #426
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I haven't completely followed the shootings at the dark night premiere, but did the shooting have anything to do with the actual movie?

I just find it odd that they weren't releasing numbers for the movie because of the shooting. That and on the sun one of the poll questions is "will you go see the movie after the Colorado shootings".
Nope just some mental guy.

There is no scene in the movie where a red head with a gas mask opens fire into a movie theatre or anything resembling that.

Just like after columbine wearing a trench coat meant that it was the original Matrix's fault for the school shooting

Jamin is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:52 PM
  #427
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,798
vCash: 500
Do I really have to be alright with the Lakers and Yankees winning?

syz is online now  
Old
07-24-2012, 03:20 AM
  #428
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Do I really have to be alright with the Lakers and Yankees winning?
No, but I'd rather they win than the BoSox or the Heat.

SK13 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 09:47 AM
  #429
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
No, but I'd rather they win than the BoSox or the Heat.
I agree with the NBA part but as for the MLB part I'd rather not see the Yanks or BoSox win anything. However if they were head to head against each other I'd take the BoSox easily and even more easily now that their two biggest d-bag players are gone.

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
  #430
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Nice, BC complaining about not enough oil royalties. I guess maybe they shouldn't have spent 400-500mil on a roof.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
  #431
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Has anyone ever ordered something from walmart.com to send to a store in Edmonton?
I'm thinking I actually have to go to a store and ask, because I have to use a zipcode for ship to store, which we obviously don't have.

Unless someone else can find me a better deal in Edmonton for one of these bad boys.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-1...undle/15608847

Turrican* is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:16 AM
  #432
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Do I really have to be alright with the Lakers and Yankees winning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
No, but I'd rather they win than the BoSox or the Heat.
This is just another reason that hockey is the best sport to be a fan of. The parity makes for a much more interesting league (although I do admit the Yankees, Lakers, etc. of the world being consistent winners brings a lot more financial boon to their respective leagues).

How hard has it been to be a fan of a losing team for 4ish years? Imagine being a fan of the Pirates who haven't finished above .500 in 20 years...

Skm is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
  #433
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Nice, BC complaining about not enough oil royalties. I guess maybe they shouldn't have spent 400-500mil on a roof.
Why, aren't they getting copious amounts in tourism income from holding the prestigous olympics?

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
  #434
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalken View Post
Has anyone ever ordered something from walmart.com to send to a store in Edmonton?
I'm thinking I actually have to go to a store and ask, because I have to use a zipcode for ship to store, which we obviously don't have.

Unless someone else can find me a better deal in Edmonton for one of these bad boys.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-1...undle/15608847
Being a Canadian citizen you'd likely have to order it off of walmart.ca.

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
  #435
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Why, aren't they getting copious amounts in tourism income from holding the prestigous olympics?


Just pisses me off they complain, yet they upgrade an stadium which is pretty much the cost of our arena, but we don't want to fund one here? Look around people, we are funding stadiums/arenas across the country.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
  #436
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post


Just pisses me off they complain, yet they upgrade an stadium which is pretty much the cost of our arena, but we don't want to fund one here? Look around people, we are funding stadiums/arenas across the country.
I'm as pro-arena as anyone out there, but in fairness the BC government owns BC place outright so it was in their interest to pay for the renovations and reap the majority of the financial benefits.

Skm is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
  #437
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Being a Canadian citizen you'd likely have to order it off of walmart.ca.
Kinda crappy in that case.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
  #438
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
I'm as pro-arena as anyone out there, but in fairness the BC government owns BC place outright so it was in their interest to pay for the renovations and reap the majority of the financial benefits.
City of Edmonton will outright own ours

It's all the arenas though. Where is Quebec getting it's money? Hamilton? Isn't Sask building a new one as well?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
  #439
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
City of Edmonton will outright own ours

It's all the arenas though. Where is Quebec getting it's money? Hamilton? Isn't Sask building a new one as well?
I may be completely out to lunch on understanding the arena operation/ownership, etc. (and I just got back from vacation so my brain is functioning at about 20% capacity) but I thought the Katz group was supposed to be the operators of the arena with a percentage of earnings going to the city, no?

Since the BC government owns and operates BC place, they receive all of the revenue from concerts, events, etc. whereas here the Katz group would receive the revenue with a smaller portion going to the city.

Your point still stands however, there are examples across the continent where new arenas are being built in similar situations to ours. Bottom line is that it needs to happen.

Skm is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  #440
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
So this American Idol show that I really never paid attention to. Can someone explain why Mariah Carey is going to get 18mil to be a judge?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #441
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So this American Idol show that I really never paid attention to. Can someone explain why Mariah Carey is going to get 18mil to be a judge?
I think it's on the decline as far as viewership goes but apparently around 2007 it was bringing in almost a billion dollars per year on ad revenue alone.

Skm is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #442
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
I think it's on the decline as far as viewership goes but apparently around 2007 it was bringing in almost a billion dollars per year on ad revenue alone.
That she bangs guy made that show

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #443
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So this American Idol show that I really never paid attention to. Can someone explain why Mariah Carey is going to get 18mil to be a judge?
They want her to compete head to head with her husband to reality show supremecy.

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
  #444
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
They want her to compete head to head with her husband to reality show supremecy.
I don't even know who she is married to? Simon Cowell?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  #445
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't even know who she is married to? Simon Cowell?
No the super famous Nick Cannon. I only know because my girlfriend filled me in with these super important deets just days ago.

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
  #446
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No the super famous Nick Cannon. I only know because my girlfriend filled me in with these super important deets just days ago.
Sounds like a pornstar.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:22 PM
  #447
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sounds like a pornstar.
I believe he hosts America's Got Talent or some bs. All I know is that prior to that he was pretty much a G list movie actor that did some incredible stuff like... ... ...

Reimer is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 02:24 PM
  #448
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,419
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I believe he hosts America's Got Talent or some bs. All I know is that prior to that he was pretty much a G list movie actor that did some incredible stuff like... ... ...
Another show I know little about. Being single keeps me uniformed, but thanks reimer now I know crap I didn't need to know

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 04:33 AM
  #449
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I agree with the NBA part but as for the MLB part I'd rather not see the Yanks or BoSox win anything. However if they were head to head against each other I'd take the BoSox easily and even more easily now that their two biggest d-bag players are gone.
The biggest "d-bag" element in Boston is, always has been, and always will be their fans.

It's like cheering for the Rangers over the Canucks in my book.

SK13 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:51 PM
  #450
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
The biggest "d-bag" element in Boston is, always has been, and always will be their fans.

It's like cheering for the Rangers over the Canucks in my book.
I have less of an issue wth the Rags than I do the BoSox. There was a time when they would wildly spend and I hoped they wouldn't make playoffs. Now the way they go abut their business doesn't bother me. I attended a game at MSG last year and aside from a couple drunk d-bag fans(which are present in every arena) it was like going to an Oiler game. The fans there care about their team. Although I had to laugh when the crowd started the "we want Avery" chant.

Again that's probably why I'd cheer for Boston over NYY is because the fans in Boston are passionate. The fans in NY believe they are the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, even if they fail to make the playoffs. Again I still despise both and dislike having to make that depiction.

Reimer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.