HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE OT THREAD - Lockout edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
What's a humas?
Quote:
Ah I see nothing changes in the US. Maybe he should sue his parents for not conceiving him a millisecond sooner.
Yeah me bad I fixed the spulling errar dat I hed.

As for the 2nd story, why the the bat company counter sue the parents for letting their child play such a dangerous sport?

When it comes to the US **** like that will always be far more ridiculous due to what they let get into their court system. As for the Canadian article I'd still be ashamed if my name was in the news blaming my family members death on the government not doing enough for public safety.

Old
08-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-mistake...061839983.html

Well ST troll faces, I think I have you beat.
I think the believers of evolution will love this story.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
i cant stop reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series (game of thrones). I can only put it down to eat, sleep, post on HF, and other mundane tasks.
slow down and savour it, we've got a long wait until the Winds of Winter comes out.

Old
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
slow down and savour it, we've got a long wait until the Winds of Winter comes out.
Im about done with the second book. This is by far the best 30 bucks I have spent in a long time (for the first four).

I'm starting to realize how unfaithful the show was in the second season.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
Im about done with the second book. This is by far the best 30 bucks I have spent in a long time (for the first four).

I'm starting to realize how unfaithful the show was in the second season.
People (the internet) have made a stink about this but I understand the reasoning ... there is simply too much content to really fit it all into a 10 or 11 episode long season on TV. They had to cut corners, and for the most part none of it really effected the general outcome of the plot IMO.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
IBleedOil247

Cell Phone Provider

Telus, Bell, Rogers - GO.......

For the past 10 years I have never had a cell phone bill. The companies I have worked for have always provided me with a cell phone and never once have I needed one of my own....that is about to change.

Please share your opinions on providers. I will be holding out until late September to grab the new iPhone5 as I have had an iPhone4 for the past couple years and am comfortable with Apple products. Because I will still be using my phone mostly for work, I will need probably 300ish daytime minutes (some incoming calls will be Long Distance - don't know if that makes a difference), all work emails will be going to my cell (approx. 500-1000 per month), unlimited texting, odd web search (Facebook, twitter). I am not a huge gamer and I use my iPad for videos so I don't think i will go over 1G per month.

I have looked at packages from the 3 providers listed above and it looks like Telus has the best package that would suit my needs at around $65 per month, but I am worried about their service....

Thanks in advance!

Old
08-28-2012, 12:18 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 3251
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedOil247 View Post
Telus, Bell, Rogers - GO.......

For the past 10 years I have never had a cell phone bill. The companies I have worked for have always provided me with a cell phone and never once have I needed one of my own....that is about to change.

Please share your opinions on providers. I will be holding out until late September to grab the new iPhone5 as I have had an iPhone4 for the past couple years and am comfortable with Apple products. Because I will still be using my phone mostly for work, I will need probably 300ish daytime minutes (some incoming calls will be Long Distance - don't know if that makes a difference), all work emails will be going to my cell (approx. 500-1000 per month), unlimited texting, odd web search (Facebook, twitter). I am not a huge gamer and I use my iPad for videos so I don't think i will go over 1G per month.

I have looked at packages from the 3 providers listed above and it looks like Telus has the best package that would suit my needs at around $65 per month, but I am worried about their service....

Thanks in advance!
I'm with Rogers and have been for about 10 years. I was going to switch when I decided to get a new phone, but they actually called me shortly before I was going to look. They asked how I liked Rogers and I told them I was very unimpressed with them. They quickly transferred me to someone with power and gave me quite a deal on my phone. I pay 60 bucks or something and have 200 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends, unlimited text messaging, 1G data(which I don't really use as I'm connected to wi-fi at home), 1000 long distance minutes and some other stuff that I can't remember about.

Pretty much if I was to get a new phone I'd go in and just take whoever was going to give me the best package. That was my plan until Rogers gave me such a deal.

Edit: I'll add that I was kinda pissed there was no Iphones at any Rogers store and had to go to an Apple store to get my phone, but in the end it was worth it. They transferred everything from my old phone, setup my new phone and gave me a few pointers.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:45 PM
joestevens29

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/08/2...-policy-school
A Nebraska preschool is asking a three-year-old deaf boy to change his name because it violates the school board's weapons policy.

Hunter Spanjer signs his first name by making what looks like shooting gestures with both hands. He crosses his fingers when he does it - a modification to show it's his proper name.

But the Grand Island Public Schools board says its "Weapons in Schools" policy bans "any instrument ... that looks like a weapon." The school wants him to change the sign, a request Hunter's family says is both unfair and silly.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
I'm quickly losing what little hope I had left for humanity.

Old
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
A Nebraska preschool is asking a three-year-old deaf boy to change his name because it violates the school board's weapons policy.

Hunter Spanjer signs his first name by making what looks like shooting gestures with both hands. He crosses his fingers when he does it - a modification to show it's his proper name.

But the Grand Island Public Schools board says its "Weapons in Schools" policy bans "any instrument ... that looks like a weapon." The school wants him to change the sign, a request Hunter's family says is both unfair and silly.
Now that's the stupidest thing I've heard of. Whatta joke.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:

So the school bans hands? good to know.

Seems like the parents should be looking for a different preschool in anycase. If some school told me this I'd be walking away slowly and watching for signs of a secret cult..

Also just to note, again, this is preschool, maybe they should ban lunchboxes because they might contain bombs, oh fudge, I said bombs somebody shoot me, or worse, I said shoot...

Old
08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
So the school bans hands? good to know.

Seems like the parents should be looking for a different preschool in anycase. If some school told me this I'd be walking away slowly and watching for signs of a secret cult..

Also just to note, again, this is preschool, maybe they should ban lunchboxes because they might contain bombs, oh fudge, I said bombs somebody shoot me, or worse, I said shoot...
I didn't read the article, but a headline on yahoo said the family won the right to keep his name.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
North Guy

Quote:
I didn't read the article, but a headline on yahoo said the family won the right to keep his name.
What happens if a deaf kid has the last name Semin?

Old
08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Guy View Post
What happens if a deaf kid has the last name Semin?
The name itself wasn't the issue, how you show the name in sign language was the issue. I somehow think Semin wouldn't be a motion of sexual nature, but who knows.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Jesus

Anybody know where I can buy safety razors in Edmonton?

Old
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

I just watched the Kite Runner (again). I want to know more about the history of that region, so I'm going to buy and read this. Only 700+ pages.... I've heard good things about the author though

Old
08-29-2012, 10:55 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

So I could use some help making a new avatar. Anyone who is a photoshop guru want to help?

08-29-2012, 11:38 PM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
I'm with Rogers and have been for about 10 years. I was going to switch when I decided to get a new phone, but they actually called me shortly before I was going to look. They asked how I liked Rogers and I told them I was very unimpressed with them. They quickly transferred me to someone with power and gave me quite a deal on my phone. I pay 60 bucks or something and have 200 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends, unlimited text messaging, 1G data(which I don't really use as I'm connected to wi-fi at home), 1000 long distance minutes and some other stuff that I can't remember about.

Pretty much if I was to get a new phone I'd go in and just take whoever was going to give me the best package. That was my plan until Rogers gave me such a deal.

Edit: I'll add that I was kinda pissed there was no Iphones at any Rogers store and had to go to an Apple store to get my phone, but in the end it was worth it. They transferred everything from my old phone, setup my new phone and gave me a few pointers.
So, in other words, you were bought off.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:05 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Anybody know where I can buy safety razors in Edmonton?
Is this for people that can't shave with normal razors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
So I could use some help making a new avatar. Anyone who is a photoshop guru want to help?
Use that ST one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
So, in other words, you were bought off.

Pretty much, but in today's day and age it doesn't really matter like it use to. Not for me anyway. All the major providers have coverage that works, so it's pretty much who can save me the most money.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Is this for people that can't shave with normal razors?
It's for people that don't want to overpay for Gillettes and Schicks. And want a closer shave. And want to feel sophisticated using a beaver brush to lather their face.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:58 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
It's for people that don't want to overpay for Gillettes and Schicks. And want a closer shave. And want to feel sophisticated using a beaver brush to lather their face.
So buy the wal-mart brand.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
So buy the wal-mart brand.
Really?

Gee, why sign Hopkins when we can have VanDeVelde for much cheaper?

vs

Old
08-30-2012, 10:13 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Really?

Gee, why sign Hopkins when we can have VanDeVelde for much cheaper?

vs

Wal-Mart actually had a knock off of one of the good gillette

Old
08-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Wal-Mart actually had a knock off of one of the good gillette
None of the Gillettes are good.
They put in 4-5-6-50 blades to trick people into paying ridiculous prices for their blade packages.

Safety razors are such a good money saver, since a box of single razor blades is super cheap.

I don't use one though, cause I'm scared to slice my throat hahaha

Old
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
None of the Gillettes are good.
They put in 4-5-6-50 blades to trick people into paying ridiculous prices for their blade packages.

Safety razors are such a good money saver, since a box of single razor blades is super cheap.

I don't use one though, cause I'm scared to slice my throat hahaha
What good are they if you can't find them and you slice your throat?

Closed Thread