Old
06-15-2012, 04:49 PM
SerenityRick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I didn`t have the heart to do it, clearly Rick, u did
I tend not to call people out on how big of a fan they are... but if you preface that sentence by saying that you're "a die hard fan" and that "you love them" and proceed to exclaim that you bleed their colors... get the colors right!

More on point, I don't understand why Chia is getting heat from him and other fans.. there was literally almost nothing he could do at the deadline last year. No GM could do anything as it was a sellers market. The only thing that bothered me was that he could have got Rolston for free off of waivers and he didn't but that just tells me he probably had another deal in the works that fell through at the last second (OOG said that the Bruins were really close to getting Ryder back)

Anyway.. I don't get getting upset right now. The offseason has barely begun. Let's wait to lambaste the fellow if nothing happens after free agency.

As of right now he has all the right pieces signed and ready to go (save for Tuukka), that's really all we can expect right now.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Nobody quantified this for me... (E7)?

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I didn`t have the heart to do it, clearly Rick, u did
Lmao.You guys are relentless.lol.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:53 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
Lmao.You guys are relentless.lol.
Only because we bleed ebony and sunshine.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:56 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Only because we bleed ebony and sunshine.

Personally it's Charcoal and Bananas

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Alicat
Charge!

What's a rumour?

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I tend not to call people out on how big of a fan they are... but if you preface that sentence by saying that you're "a die hard fan" and that "you love them" and proceed to exclaim that you bleed their colors... get the colors right!

More on point, I don't understand why Chia is getting heat from him and other fans.. there was literally almost nothing he could do at the deadline last year. No GM could do anything as it was a sellers market. The only thing that bothered me was that he could have got Rolston for free off of waivers and he didn't but that just tells me he probably had another deal in the works that fell through at the last second (OOG said that the Bruins were really close to getting Ryder back)

Anyway.. I don't get getting upset right now. The offseason has barely begun. Let's wait to lambaste the fellow if nothing happens after free agency.

As of right now he has all the right pieces signed and ready to go (save for Tuukka), that's really all we can expect right now.
it's not good to always assume.i said black and yellow because i don't consider the bruins color black and gold.some people do but i don't

Old
06-15-2012, 05:01 PM
jstaal
go canes go

well the colors are black and yellow, offically called black and gold, so hes not too far off..

jstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
it's not good to always assume.i said black and yellow because i don't consider the bruins color black and gold.some people do but i don't
Is this real life?

If so.....awesome.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
Really doubt Nash is coming to Boston. The more I think about it the more I like the thought of it but I just don't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenian24 View Post
Too bad I would have liked Nash. This of course means he is going to anyplace but Boston or San Jose.
Neither Nash nor Parise were ever coming to Boston, but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about why we think it would be a good thing for the Bruins.

06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
MioneRask134

I'd rather overpay for Parise, at least he's a great leader above all else.

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Neither Nash nor Parise were ever coming to Boston, but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about why we think it would be a good thing for the Bruins.
Sure we can and should but I tend to let myself get carried away, especially by thoughts of Parise.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Fair enough.you definitely the voice of reason.that's why i have i have always respected you.your one of my favorite posters.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Duchene to Blue Jackets? (e5)

According to my sources within the Colorado Avalanche organization, the Columbus Blue Jackets are willing to part with D Mike Commodore, G Steve Mason and LW Rick Nash to obtain the services of C Matt Duchene. Remember, you heard it here first!

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:19 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
The Bruins consider their colors black and gold and that's good enough for me.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Duchene to Blue Jackets? (e5)

According to my sources within the Colorado Avalanche organization, the Columbus Blue Jackets are willing to part with D Mike Commodore, G Steve Mason and LW Rick Nash to obtain the services of C Matt Duchene. Remember, you heard it here first!

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm
lol first one i got

Bergeron to Blackhawks? (e4)

According to my sources within the Boston Bruins organization, the Chicago Blackhawks are willing to part with RW Patrick Kane, a 5th round pick and D Duncan Keith to obtain the services of C Patrice Bergeron. Remember, you heard it here first!

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
lol first one i got

Bergeron to Blackhawks? (e4)

According to my sources within the Boston Bruins organization, the Chicago Blackhawks are willing to part with RW Patrick Kane, a 5th round pick and D Duncan Keith to obtain the services of C Patrice Bergeron. Remember, you heard it here first!

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Merk57

According to PC he seems only interested in bringing in a Mark Recchi replacement player..I'd look to Whitney, Smyth, Iginla, Doan for this type of character.

To everyone saying they'd include Krejci in their deals, I believe he has a NTC in his contract and was recently praised for taking a discount to stay in his last contract. I wouldn't expect to see him leaving B-town anytime soon.

Oh and it's Black and Gold! nothing else will do! not even chocolate and banana

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk57 View Post
According to PC he seems only interested in bringing in a Mark Recchi replacement player..I'd look to Whitney, Smyth, Iginla, Doan for this type of character.

To everyone saying they'd include Krejci in their deals, I believe he has a NTC in his contract and was recently praised for taking a discount to stay in his last contract. I wouldn't expect to see him leaving B-town anytime soon.

Oh and it's Black and Gold! nothing else will do! not even chocolate and banana
Lmao.Good one.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Commodore to Bruins? (e2)

According to my sources within the Columbus Blue Jackets organization, the Boston Bruins are willing to part with C Patrice Bergeron, a rusty zamboni and LW Milan Lucic to obtain the services of D Mike Commodore. Remember, you heard it here first!

Rubber Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
He has a point.
You cannot expect to repeat with the same roster while other teams keep improving.
The bulk of Boston's top forwards are 26 and under, lots of room for those guys to keep getting better and better, especially Seguin. This team dosen't need to make drastic moves, the Flyers do it every year, where has it got them.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Merk57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
The bulk of Boston's top forwards are 26 and under, lots of room for those guys to keep getting better and better, especially Seguin. This team dosen't need to make drastic moves, the Flyers do it every year, where has it got them.
Agreed! but I do like the idea of a veteran presence of maybe Smyth, Iginla, or Doan

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Of course they get better, but they also get more expensive and you eventually have to cut loose some of those guys.
Well, I guess we have to wait until next season. It was just too optimistic that almost the same squad could repeat after such a short break.
Some players did get better like Seguin, but some others played worse. And PC didn't upgrade on Ryder and Recchi ... it was more of a downgrade.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:59 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Its completely legit to go with either. The Bruins are the ones who chose the tint of their color and for years have decided to have the gold basically be yellow. Pittsburgh's yellow is closer to gold than ours. Marchand goes w/black and yellow. They aren't ever going to change it to a more gold like color I'd be shocked if it happened (Pittsburgh's yellow will change.)

We are the Bruins its not Michigan or Syracuse in college sports where the color is the name. Im glad its officially black and gold though because you want black as the main color (I wouldn't want everyone wearing gold/yellow for a playoff game like Nashville.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is online now   Reply With Quote