Another Eklund rumour - today...

Old
06-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
You might be surprised. Rick Nash could be a major impact player that the bruins are looking for and it might take less than you think since he has to okay a deal.
I think Nash would love to go to places like Boston or San Jose.

You might see a deal like:

Krejci for Nash- Don't think Boston doesthis.

But

Horton, Pouliot, Spooner and a 1st round pick.
Horton has a no trade clause. This is a recording. Horton has a no trade clause. This is a recording. :blip: This is a recording. This is a recording this is a recording this is a record... :blip: :BLIP: :BLIPBLIPBLIPBLIP:

And you can bet he ain't waiving it to go to Columbus.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:57 PM
petipas1414

I'd do Krejci + Spooner/Knight + 1st and possibly another pick.

You can say you want to "keep the core together" but when Tim Thomas was playing as well as he did, and take into account that Nathan Horton's brain is squishy as a hackey-sack, we could use Nash. I don't think some old dude on the back nine is going to give us that offense we need.

petipas1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
If Pouliot can get 3M in arbitration, I want that arbiter when it's time for my new contract at work
The arbiter would have to have been bribed by Pouliot for half of his reward.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
Can people stop overrating Claude as a coach. He is a great defense coach but when it comes to offense he sucks. It has nothing to do with seeing him gone.

One thing about me is that i'm not a blind homer. when i see things that i perceive that my team is doing wrong or certain players, i call them out on it.

My alliance is not to any player or management. it is with the Bruins. I can be objective when it comes to the bruins even though my favorite player is Seguin, if he plays bad or does something to embarrass the team, i will not hesitate to call him out on it.

I will keep saying this if chia does nothing to improve this team,he is gone. That is a fact and you can quote me on that. even if he makes the playoffs. The bruins even with this roster should always be a playoff team.

Some people might not like what i say,but that's too bad. It's called an opinion for a reason. Not everyone can have the same opinion that would be boring. This is why alot of good posters here leave.

Good opinionated topics cannot be discussed and debated without getting chastised. Im starting to think that way like the other good posters that left. furthermore i see what you guys are talking about.i noticed some posters here using bullet type style of writing. why don't you yall just say so.
Usually stay away, far, far away from this stuff. But I just need some clarity here.

Which is it fact or opinion?

If it's fact, can you tell us your source please?

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Usually stay away, far, far away from this stuff. But I just need some clarity here.

Which is it fact or opinion?

If it's fact, can you tell us your source please?
It is in fact an opinion.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
The arbiter would have to have been bribed by Pouliot for half of his reward.
While I agree that Pouliot would not get $3m, there was an interesting point in Fluto's article yesterday that referenced guys with comparable stats (Stewart & Grabner were two, and there was a 3rd guy that escapes me) and how they ended up with $2.75m or more.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pouliot double his pay with an arbiters decision.

And per the conversation happening above: it does seem like this off-season has created a "pretend an opinion is a fact and hope not to get called out on it" mentality. Why let small details like facts get in the way of a rant, though, right?

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Regarding Pouliot, if his rights have any kind of value at all, to any team ... I cash in before July 1st. Even if it's just a mid-to-late round pick.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
bp13

I see Nash going to Edmonton for the #1 overall, with another piece or two thrown in, draft picks swapped, etc. But I'd bet anything the Bruins aren't involved at all.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I see Nash going to Edmonton for the #1 overall, with another piece or two thrown in, draft picks swapped, etc. But I'd bet anything the Bruins aren't involved at all.
Ah... Interesting. I hadn't thought of that.

Nash has to agree to go there... But that's a very good trade proposal.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
While I agree that Pouliot would not get $3m, there was an interesting point in Fluto's article yesterday that referenced guys with comparable stats (Stewart & Grabner were two, and there was a 3rd guy that escapes me) and how they ended up with $2.75m or more.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pouliot double his pay with an arbiters decision.

And per the conversation happening above: it does seem like this off-season has created a "pretend an opinion is a fact and hope not to get called out on it" mentality. Why let small details like facts get in the way of a rant, though, right?
Stewart and Grabner BOTH have a history of putting up far better numbers than Pouliot's "career year." Grabner has scored 30, Stewart 28 (with two 50+ point seasons).

Inaccurate comparables.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Stewart and Grabner BOTH have a history of putting up far better numbers than Pouliot's "career year." Grabner has scored 30, Stewart 28 (with two 50+ point seasons).

Inaccurate comparables.
What do you think Pouliot would be awarded via arbitration?

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
If Pouliot can get 3M in arbitration, I want that arbiter when it's time for my new contract at work
Pouliot is worth about 1.3, so anything over that is overpayment.

I'm only lukewarm on him and would rather see the Bruins go with Caron, Bourque, Knight, Sleepyshev than him

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Considering age and contract, I would.

Rick Nash is a better player, but I think we actually underrate Lucic on this board, because we see what he can do - and how often he doesn't do that, so we get frustrated with him. But man, he is still sooooo young, and it feels like he hasn't come close to his ceiling yet.

I wouldn't do that deal straight up. But I sure as **** bet Columbus would. If the Bruins ever made Lucic available they'd have 29 offers.

QFT

I would hate to loose Milan Lucic. He is young and he is such a Bruin.

06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
stick9

Quote:
If Nash wants out of CBJ, why would he OK a trade to EDM?

Besides, why would the Oilers deal for a talented scoring winger that makes 7 mil when they can just draft one and play him less than half that AND it doesn't even address their biggest need, defense. Unless of course the Jackets are including J. Johnson.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:16 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
If Nash wants out of CBJ, why would he OK a trade to EDM?

Besides, why would the Oilers deal for a talented scoring winger that makes 7 mil when they can just draft one and play him less than half that AND it doesn't even address their biggest need, defense. Unless of course the Jackets are including J. Johnson.
Well there are a handful of reasons I'd suggest stick:

1. Tom Renney, by all accounts, was a very patient coach who gave kids ice time and helped the Oilers start down the path to a rebuild. The Oilers competed all season, even through injuries. So why did he get fired? Something tells there's a need to accelerate the process in Edmonton.

2. Edmonton is better than Columbus right now and will be far better in the coming years. If they get some defense, with Nash there, they will be potent. How far can they be from being one of the best teams in the West, maybe 3 years? Columbus looks like 100 years away.

3. Nash is a proven scorer...if they got him they'd be able to deal a youngster or two for defense, and they could use the 3rd pick for a d-man rather than being basically forced to pick a forward at #1.

It doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea to me at all.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Merk57

To all those that predict Krejci in a deal involving Nash, he has a NTC as does, Bergeron, Savard, Horton, Peverly, Kelly, Chara, Boychuck, and Seidenberg... I'm not so sure any one of them would want to go to Columbus. Especially with Nash coming the other way. The only "quality" players the Bruins can offer up in a deal are Lucic, Marchand, Ference and McQuaid (of course this assuming Paille, Thornton, Campbell, Pouliot do not have much trade value). With Both Lucic and Marchand having contracts up at the end of the year (RFA's) it's probably safe to assume if the Bruins are wanting to take a large contract coming the other way that one of those guys would be included in a deal to bring a top player the other way. I personally would not want to lose Marchand or Lucic.

A couple of years ago at Marchand's exit meeting he told Management that he was coming back the next year and scoring 20 goals. The next season he potted 21 and followed that with 28 last year. This is one serious competitor! He's a keeper in my books.

To me that leaves Lucic. Is there any player in the league not afraid of him? He can be a one man wrecking crew at times. I realize consistency is/ has been an issue with him, but due to his age and not knowing what injuries he's playing through at any given time, I'm not sure I'd want to lose him either. His size and aggressiveness makes his linemates better.

I'm ok with parting with any prospect not named Hamilton to aquire help through this lineup but does that bring us what we want? I doubt it. I read that Knight's attitude in requesting a trade from Peterbrough this past season did not please the Bruins Brass, and I'm sure it also doesn't help any trade value he has either

Just my 2 cents...

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk57 View Post
To all those that predict Krejci in a deal involving Nash, he has a NTC as does, Bergeron, Savard, Horton, Peverly, Kelly, Chara, Boychuck, and Seidenberg... I'm not so sure any one of them would want to go to Columbus. Especially with Nash coming the other way. The only "quality" players the Bruins can offer up in a deal are Lucic, Marchand, Ference and McQuaid (of course this assuming Paille, Thornton, Campbell, Pouliot do not have much trade value). With Both Lucic and Marchand having contracts up at the end of the year (RFA's) it's probably safe to assume if the Bruins are wanting to take a large contract coming the other way that one of those guys would be included in a deal to bring a top player the other way. I personally would not want to lose Marchand or Lucic.

A couple of years ago at Marchand's exit meeting he told Management that he was coming back the next year and scoring 20 goals. The next season he potted 21 and followed that with 28 last year. This is one serious competitor! He's a keeper in my books.

To me that leaves Lucic. Is there any player in the league not afraid of him? He can be a one man wrecking crew at times. I realize consistency is/ has been an issue with him, but due to his age and not knowing what injuries he's playing through at any given time, I'm not sure I'd want to lose him either. His size and aggressiveness makes his linemates better.

I'm ok with parting with any prospect not named Hamilton to aquire help through this lineup but does that bring us what we want? I doubt it. I read that Knight's attitude in requesting a trade from Peterbrough this past season did not please the Bruins Brass, and I'm sure it also doesn't help any trade value he has either

Just my 2 cents...
thats false until 7/1/13

I think I missed when Jared play for the Petes

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Merk57

My appologies.... that was Spooner that requested the trade from the Petes not Jared.. thanks for pointing that out

Old
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

1. Tom Renney, by all accounts, was a very patient coach who gave kids ice time and helped the Oilers start down the path to a rebuild. The Oilers competed all season, even through injuries. So why did he get fired? Something tells there's a need to accelerate the process in Edmonton.

2. Edmonton is better than Columbus right now and will be far better in the coming years. If they get some defense, with Nash there, they will be potent. How far can they be from being one of the best teams in the West, maybe 3 years? Columbus looks like 100 years away.

3. Nash is a proven scorer...if they got him they'd be able to deal a youngster or two for defense, and they could use the 3rd pick for a d-man rather than being basically forced to pick a forward at #1.

I think you're right, dude.

Nash just has to... Edmonton just isn't a desirable place to play.

But yeah.... Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the Oilers. And Rick Nash is the PERFECT fit for them too. For them, it couldn't be better.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
patty59

Quote:

It kind of makes sense, the only thing working against the Oilers, is that I'm sure Rick Nash has been to Edmonton in January.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:46 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
thats false until 7/1/13

I think I missed when Jared play for the Petes
Him and spooner switched places for a weekend in an attempt to make their own reality television program. It was short lived, mostly because Jared requested a trade and the team was angry enough at ryan that they traded him.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
kman22

Quote:

I think accelerated might be the wrong word. I think they just want some sign of progress. Three straight #1 overall picks, plus a handful of other younger talent. That should result in something more than a last place, or second to last place finish. I just think Tambellini has had enough of being on tv because his team had a terrible season.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Merk57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
I think accelerated might be the wrong word. I think they just want some sign of progress. Three straight #1 overall picks, plus a handful of other younger talent. That should result in something more than a last place, or second to last place finish. I just think Tambellini has had enough of being on tv because his team had a terrible season.
Yep he fired his coach because he doesn't like being on tv.

At first I was a little offended by your sarcasm especially after my appology and correction, but now that I see where it comes from. It's all good.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Which again is perfect reasoning for acquiring Nash, right?

It's easy to see that Edmonton team is loaded with young talent, but young talent is inconsistent. When you add a reliable scorer it takes the load off the kids and will likely get more from them. With the #3 to offer back, Columbus could easily make something work there. And again, if I'm Nash any team looks better than Columbus. Columbus is horrible.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
kman22

Quote:
Which again is perfect reasoning for acquiring Nash, right?

It's easy to see that Edmonton team is loaded with young talent, but young talent is inconsistent. When you add a reliable scorer it takes the load off the kids and will likely get more from them. With the #3 to offer back, Columbus could easily make something work there. And again, if I'm Nash any team looks better than Columbus. Columbus is horrible.
I agree that he'd improve the Oilers, how could he not. But if you were Edmonton, wouldn't you rather trade for a #1 defenseman? Although inconsistent, eventually some of those guys are going to develop in consistent scorers. The guys they have on d do not appear to be close to that level.

I wasn't sure what you meant by the bolded part, so I figured I'd ask.