HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[TB/NSH] 2x2nd, 3rd, Caron for Lindback, K.Wilson, 7th | Lindback re-signed 2yrs/1.8m

Old
06-15-2012, 06:03 PM
LateNightOilerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Helenius first year is 2-way
That has no impact on waivers though. It just means his contract has an AHL salary and an NHL salary.

He would have signed his first pro contract in 2008 when he was 20, and the way I read the rules, waivers kicks in 4 years from that signing or after 80 NHL games (the 4 years obviously came first). It's not mid-season so the European rule shouldn't factor in.

I assume it's been confirmed he is no longer waiver exempt?

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes

More Steve Yzerman: The expectation is Lindback and Garon will be the 2012-13 tandem for Lightning, regardless of who emerges as No. 1.
That settles that apparently.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Unless your defence corps is improved, Lindback will get shelled like Garon and Roloson did. Nashville plays a way tighter game defensively.

Very risky move by Stevie imo.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Eb
TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoracle View Post
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/6...ning#storyjump

Go here and watch the video... It's Linback shopping in Costco. Not a highlight reel film, but you get an idea of how he acts...
Poor guy just got his apartment set up and he gets shipped out!

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:26 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Unless your defence corps is improved, Lindback will get shelled like Garon and Roloson did. Nashville plays a way tighter game defensively.

Very risky move by Stevie imo.

You don't say?

It's 6/15. I'm fairly sure that if everybody on HF boards can see the defense needs improvement, Yzerman has probably noticed and likely has a plan.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 06:47 PM
newham89

So avatars for the new season....

Lindback is now the future of the Lightning in goal.

Back to the future...

Marty McFly...

There's potential there.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...medium=twitter
Quote:
"He's relatively inexperienced, but we think he has tremendous potential," Yzerman added. "We gave up a significant amount to get him, but there weren't a lot of options, so we paid a hefty price, but we thought the return was worth it. We feel he's ready, and in talking to him, he is excited about the opportunity to take on more."
Quote:
Yzerman also stated that he was satisfied with the moves, especially since he was able to retain both of the Lightning's first-round picks at next weekend's NHL Entry Draft and still have up to two more remaining second-round picks.

"We really wanted to hang on to both of those," Yzerman said. "Fortunately we were able to, and we also got a deal done in the process that we can feel good about."
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|TBL|home
Quote:
“I’m very excited to now be with the Tampa Bay Lightning. I had some great years with Nashville but I was in a tough spot behind Pekka Rinne. My dream all my life has been to be a number one goalie in the NHL and I think I have a great opportunity to be that in Tampa Bay.”

“I’ve heard great things about the city of Tampa and the Lightning organization. I’m friends with Victor Hedman and he’s told me lots about the team there. I’m thrilled and excited to start next season with the Lightning.”

“It’s going to be great playing on such an offensive team. Obviously, having Steven Stamkos, Vinny and Marty on your team is exciting for anyone. It’s the kind of team I want to be a part of and excited to have this new opportunity ahead of me.”

Old
06-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Not a bad trade. Lindbäck is unproven yes, we will see how it pans out but as Yzerman said there were not many options.

The price for a guy like Schneider was ridiculous, to be able to keep the first rounders and still get a decent goalie is good enough for me.

06-15-2012, 07:12 PM
stammerhammer91

boltprospects just tweeted that helenius does not need to pass through waivers now. they said that the lightning just corrected the rumor.

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
So avatars for the new season....

Lindback is now the future of the Lightning in goal.

Back to the future...

Marty McFly...

There's potential there.
I was thinking more of a "all apart of the yzerplan"

Thomas takes the year off, all apart of the yzerplan

Linstrom retires, all apart of the yzerplan

Sign lindback and helenius, all apart of the yzerplan

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:21 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Canucks fan here.

Interesting move especially knowing that Lindback played under an extremely tight defensive system. If he doesn't pan out though, what do you think Stevie Y should do?

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:24 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
boltprospects just tweeted that helenius does not need to pass through waivers now. they said that the lightning just corrected the rumor.
That makes things a bit easier. He played in 08/09, maybe the date of signing was past the off-season, or maybe that contract doesn't count since he went to Europe and he has a year of waiver exemption starting with this contract.

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:27 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Canucks fan here.

Interesting move especially knowing that Lindback played under an extremely tight defensive system. If he doesn't pan out though, what do you think Stevie Y should do?
That's hard to say because he hasn't even started yet and he's young. I believe they will take their time and let him adjust somewhat slowly with Garons help to being a true #1 unless he starts off on fire. He still needs to be signed so his contract could be an indication of how long the plan is to see if he can completely take the job. Tokarksi, Janus, and Helenius are all waiting for their chance too and could be ready to challenge him in the near future so I would say they get next shot if Lindback fails.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
IdealisticSniper

Helenius not needing waivers helps with him going to the AHL. BUT that leaves the question of, who is leaving and how between Tokarski and Janus.

Janus might not get a new contract (would be silly not to give him one IMO though). Or one of them could be traded as part of a package.

I wouldnt have a problem sending the 19th+Janus+something for a top 4 dman.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Welcome to your new home, Anders Lindback, welcome to the Tampa Bay Lightning!!

I smiled when I received the tweet we got Lindback. Really excited!! In terms of my personal want list for new goaltenders, based off who everyone was talking about was available...Lindback was second to only Cory Schneider(of which I seriously doubt Schneider is going anywhere. Luongo will be a Leaf or Panther very soon). So #2 on my wanted list is fine with me.

Its painfully obvious, that it doesn't matter who our goalie is if our blueline isn't built up properly this summer. Assuming in some way or another, our defense is much better than last season...I really don't think Lindback will disappoint, not at all. And we could have a potential franchise goalie on our hands here for the next 10 years. We'll see.

Still holding out strong hope that Yzerman and Co. can entice Ryan Suter to come to Tampa.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:52 PM
TBLHoser

I'm happy with the way this turned out. We got to keep our two firsts and still have (maybe) two seconds. As for Lindback, he has as much potential as any other goalie we were going to be looking at....a number of which are still yet unproven themselves. Harding, Bernier and Schneider are not yet guaranteed #1s.

In reality the only proven #1s out there were Luongo and Brodeur both of which weren't coming here anyway so, yeah, it's a risk but I think one worth taking. He's an RFA so it will be interesting to see what type of contract SY gives him.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I'm happy with the way this turned out. We got to keep our two firsts and still have (maybe) two seconds. As for Lindback, he has as much potential as any other goalie we were going to be looking at....a number of which are still yet unproven themselves. Harding, Bernier and Schneider are not yet guaranteed #1s.

In reality the only proven #1s out there were Luongo and Brodeur both of which weren't coming here anyway so, yeah, it's a risk but I think one worth taking. He's an RFA so it will be interesting to see what type of contract SY gives him.
There is zero reason to think he cant be had for his QO. Maybe very very slightly more than that. He hasnt done anything to deserve anything more.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
HoseEmDown

Two 2nds isn't a ton to give up. It's better than a 1st and a 2nd, Connolly and a 1st/2nd. The chances of a 2nd making the NHL are a lot lower than a 1sts so the gamble isn't that big. We are also getting close to our max in contracts and I'm sure the two 1st with get signed and now we don't have to worry about signing 3/4 2nds. I feel Lindback and Bernier were pretty equal and we already have a small goalie like Bernier in Tik so it's nice to have a big goalie like Lindback. Only thing that sucks is it means Janus will probably be in Europe next year, hope we can do what we did with Riku and hold his rights.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:15 PM
IdealisticSniper

I would be very curious to hear what the vets like Marty and Vinny have to say about this and Yzerman saying he is the number 1 going into the season.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Poor guy just got his apartment set up and he gets shipped out!

That video is from 2010,when he was a rookie.

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Nashville plays a pure defensive game, 100% defensive responsibility by all players, and they possess 2 of the top 4 defensive D-men in the game logging big minutes.

Sorry, but the guy is quite overrated.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Nashville plays a pure defensive game, 100% defensive responsibility by all players, and they possess 2 of the top 4 defensive D-men in the game logging big minutes.

Sorry, but the guy is quite overrated.
Maybe so, but considering its June 15th, there is a lot of time to settle/improve the D problem. The Yzerplan seems to be moving along, how nicely it moves we won't find out for another 4 months.

Side note I'm in the Dominican right now, and just saw the trade! Been reading the forums and websites like a mad man on my phone (free wifi). At first I thought I was too drunk, but upon further inspection I realized that I read this right.

I Had Lindback and Bernier tied on my list of of choices at #2. #1 Schneider but that was a dream of innocent child that some how got into this bitter man's head. So I am thrilled with Lindback. The thing I don't get is Kyle Wilson. With one-way contract what are we supposed to do with him? Segal, or Wallace not coming back? With the signing of Wyman and Hall, I don't see too much of a fit for the guy.

Here's to Lindback !

And here's to hoping like Detroit and Nashville a 7th Round pick is just as good as a first round !

stryfe604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
toob

unexpected but not totally unwelcome especially if the scouting reports by Preds fans are on the money (thanks for those by the way)

at the very least Lindback is a lot cheaper project than Schneider

toob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

I think they should Lindback one of those seconds.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I think they should Lindback one of those seconds.
I think it's actually pronounced: Lined back.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote