HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terrell ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2004, 11:14 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Terrell ?

Anyy official word on the injury ?????

Old
12-20-2004, 11:50 AM
i am dave

vCash: 500
The MRI came back inconclusive. They're running "more tests" and should have answers in a few hours. That was what was discussed in the 12:00 press conference. The "more tests" were not described.

Old
12-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Who?

Old
12-20-2004, 01:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Who?
Terrell Owens. injured ankle in the game yesterday. I wouldnt expect to see him again until then first game of the playoffs in 4 weeks at the earliest if he is able to come back. Probably too much swelling to get a good read on the MRI.

Old
12-20-2004, 01:42 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Terrell Owens. injured ankle in the game yesterday. I wouldnt expect to see him again until then first game of the playoffs in 4 weeks at the earliest if he is able to come back. Probably too much swelling to get a good read on the MRI.

As long as he is back for the playoffs, that is all that matters !

Old
12-20-2004, 01:48 PM
pelts35.com

I think, in addition to what the results of TO's MRI, another major issue is what is wrong with Todd Pinkston. He had recovered pretty well after last year's NFC championship game's post-game comments that he wasn't focused, however, the fact that it appears that he is afraid to take a hit in consecutive games is also an item for major concern.

If the Eagles receiving core for the playoffs is going to be Lewis, Mitchell and McMullin, I think that the Super Bowl chances are quickly fading away as I have zero confidence in any of those 3.

Old
12-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Gagne2433

Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Broken fibula (or something to that degree)

Done for the year (with the exception that he heals perfectly, then he may be able to play in the Super Bowl)

Old
12-20-2004, 03:30 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
yeah, just listened to the press conference and he is basically done for until next year... even if he does play in the Super Bowl, he won't be very effective to say the least...

Old
12-20-2004, 03:31 PM
MASK

Send a message via AIM to MASK
Earliest he can came back is the Super Bowl. And if he scores a touchdown there Reid will put the tights on.

Old
12-20-2004, 03:41 PM
bennysflyers16

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=108689

Dammit, Philly has the worst damn luck, just when it looks good, injury like this happens, ********

Old
12-20-2004, 05:02 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=108689

Dammit, Philly has the worst damn luck, just when it looks good, injury like this happens, ********

Yup.

As I told my 8 year old last year in the playoffs "Get used to it. This is what it is like to be a Philly fan!" And after Smarty Jones lost I said to him "I told you, this is the way it is. Get used to it." Today he said"The jinx is back Dad." "Atta boy!" I replied.

Old
12-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Dammit, Philly has the worst damn luck
I don't know... I've got some buddies from Buffalo and wouldn't wish to have their fortunes.

Old
12-20-2004, 07:44 PM
goodrev

it makes me so happy, i hate owens, he is the most classless and foul person, while also being one of the most explosive recievers in the league.... he is one of those players you hate when he is on any team other than yours... Owens is the tie domi of the NFL

Old
12-20-2004, 07:49 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev
it makes me so happy, i hate owens, he is the most classless and foul person, while also being one of the most explosive recievers in the league.... he is one of those players you hate when he is on any team other than yours... Owens is the tie domi of the NFL
Classless? Despite his after touchdown celebrations, the guy is nothing but a class act. He isn't a criminal, does a lot of good in the community and is a team guy that works his a@@ off whenever he is on the field. He is nothing but an asset to the Eagles.

You, on the other hand, are classless and foul for being happy that he was injured. Based on your NY location, I'm guessing you are a disgruntled Giants fan.

Old
12-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Ok, I realised this later when I was watching TV, but since it was not labled (OT) or Eagles I didn't honestly know.

Ah well, I pay just about zero attention to football, carry on.

Old
12-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
It's nice to know that people take joy in players getting hurt. And to compare him to Tie Domi is just absurd.

Old
12-20-2004, 08:54 PM
FlyersFan10*

ESPN said that Owens has torn ankle ligaments and they need to be operated on. Too bad, because Terrell was really buying into the Philadelphia organization philosophy. I like Jeff Garcia and the fact that T.O. went to the media to complain about Jeff was a horrible thing to do. And then to publicly question the man's sexuality was really a lack of class. However, T.O. for the most part up shut up and played football this year. Hey, maybe a hyperbaric chamber might be a way to speed up the healing process.....

Old
12-21-2004, 09:09 AM
i am dave

Quote:
Classless like the time he ran over a traffic cop? Oh wait, no that was Randy Moss...

Classless like the time he quit football to pursue his life of smoking marijuana? Oh wait, no that was Ricky Williams...

Classless like his questionable involvement in a double murder case? Oh wait, no that was Ray Lewis...

Classless like the time he beat up his dog? Oh wait, no that was Damon Moore...

Classless like the time he murdered his pregnant girlfriend? Oh wait, no that was Rae Carruth...

Classless like the time he fired his agent during negotiations, hired another, then fired him and rehired his first attorney? Like the time he left a mandatory rookie symposium early and got fined $25K? Like the time he boycotted the media? Like the time he got busted on a DUI? Oh wait, no that was Sean Taylor...

Old
12-21-2004, 09:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
I don't know... I've got some buddies from Buffalo and wouldn't wish to have their fortunes.

Buffalo doesn't only has 2 sports teams. One of their super bowls they had bad luck. The other 3 they got annhiliated.

It doesn't matter. This same group on offense got to the NFC championship game 3 straight years. If they still can't go to the super bowl it is still massive, no excuse, no crying go home in shame loss, whether they have TO or not.

If the Eagles lose at home again, it won't be because they don't have Terrell Owens. It has been obvious for 3 years that Todd Pinkston sucks, and Freddie Mitchell is no better than a #4 receiver. Owens is great, yes, he has done great things for this offense that we haven't seen before, yes, but to pin the hopes of your team on one guy like some people are doing shows that this team probably is not for real. Then again neither are any of the teams in the NFC. McNabb has already shown he has NO confidence in his receivers as noted by the final drive the Eagles had against Dallas when he did it by himself.

Old
12-21-2004, 10:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Buffalo doesn't only has 2 sports teams. One of their super bowls they had bad luck. The other 3 they got annhiliated.

It doesn't matter. This same group on offense got to the NFC championship game 3 straight years. If they still can't go to the super bowl it is still massive, no excuse, no crying go home in shame loss, whether they have TO or not.

If the Eagles lose at home again, it won't be because they don't have Terrell Owens. It has been obvious for 3 years that Todd Pinkston sucks, and Freddie Mitchell is no better than a #4 receiver. Owens is great, yes, he has done great things for this offense that we haven't seen before, yes, but to pin the hopes of your team on one guy like some people are doing shows that this team probably is not for real. Then again neither are any of the teams in the NFC. McNabb has already shown he has NO confidence in his receivers as noted by the final drive the Eagles had against Dallas when he did it by himself.
I am not a Eagles fan. (some of you know who my team is but that is another story for another day)
But i have no issues with TO. he brings his A game every night, and the guy has fun as well, If the worst thing he does is dance on a Dallas Star at the 50 yard line, or sign a football after scoring a TD, or dance with the cheerleaders with pom-poms or do a funny skit before a game then i will take that any day of the week. He is the best WR in the game, because he shows up every night unlike some wideouts **cough,cough Randy Moss cough, cough**

Old
12-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
So what if they only have two sports? You'd rather have no championships, let alone in your lifetime; Wide Right, No Goal, and the Music City Miracle? I wouldn't. Being a Philly fan ain't the best, but it's not the worst either.

Old
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
pelts35.com

Again, my big concern is the fact that, all of a sudden, Todd Pinkston is afraid of getting hit and isn't running out patterns and/or gets alligator arms.

Prior to this phobia, Pinkston, coupled with TO and Brian Westbrook had done an above average job as the number 2 receiver on this team. Although he isn't physical, he does help stretch the field. The Eagles really need him to get over his fear and get his head back in the game if they expect to make it to the Super Bowl.

Freddie Mitchell (whom I truly believe is the basis of Budweiser's Leon character) just flat out stinks. He is slow and runs average patterns at best. Go Kim is right on the money in that he is a #4 receiver at best. I'm tired of his antics with the belt and pointing to his "watch" when McNabb finally throws him the ball. I don't mind it out of TO who backs it up, but when "One Catch" Freddie does it, it's a bit ridiculous. That being said, him moving up to the #1 or 2 receiver is a big concern. As far as I am concerned, Greg Lewis should be given the opportunity at the #1 spot in TO's absence.

Just thinking outside the box, how about moving Westbrook to wide out from time to time and using Levens in the backfield? Or maybe moving LJ Smith to wide out from his tight end position?

Let's just remember that the rest of the NFC is horrible. Despite the loss of TO, the Eagles will, most likely, be favored in every game in the conference playoffs. With how well the defense is playing, they still should make it to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, I then expect them to get blown out by the Pats, Steelers or Colts.

Old
12-21-2004, 11:43 AM
JCD

Quote:
He is the best WR in the game, because he shows up every night unlike some wideouts **cough,cough Randy Moss cough, cough**

If it was still 1999, you might have something there.

Old
12-21-2004, 01:08 PM
goodrev

actaully i am a ravens fan, and you can add to the list

classless like the time he complained about being fairly traded to a team then telling them there is no way he will play for them and dissing the franchise in the media?? oh that was TO... class-less

he is the Tie Domi of the NFL with significantly more talent
(one of my favorite football clips of all time was him getting nailed while dancing on the dallas star... that was even when i thought he would be a raven)

Old
12-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
actaully i am a ravens fan, and you can add to the list

classless like the time he complained about being fairly traded to a team then telling them there is no way he will play for them and dissing the franchise in the media?? oh that was TO... class-less

he is the Tie Domi of the NFL with significantly more talent
(one of my favorite football clips of all time was him getting nailed while dancing on the dallas star... that was even when i thought he would be a raven)
How many players has Owens intentionally injured? You might want to back your Domi comparison up a bit...

Closed Thread