HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 05:50 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree with you, but based on precedent I'm skeptical many of our options are going to be true impact players for a few years at least. Grigorenko might be more physically mature and more familiar with NA ice, for instance, but big perimeter players tend to be very up and down early on, and if the goal is to get a draft pick who will be the saviour in 2 years then we are making a big mistake.
I don't think Timmins or Bergevin are making this pick to find a savior.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Would you trade Leblanc for the 32nd pick ? I sure as hell would not.
While I might not entirely agree with WTK, it is not about trading a guy for a pick. You might think that the 32nd guy will be more valuable than Leblanc, it might not be by an incredibly wide margin. Chances are you would want to keep the top 10 of your prospect pool list. And maybe do without the others depending who comes in return.

Now, there is a possibility that you pick a guy like Laughton with the 32nd pick and he only amount to be a 3rd liner. Or pick a guy like Nieves with that pick and he amounts to be an absolute bust or pick a guy like DiGiuseppe and, of course, being a Wolverine and all, amounts to be an incredibly solid top 6 player. So there IS a possibility that for whoever thinkgs Leblanc will never a top 6 player, that the 32nd pick ends up ahead of him....But frankly, that list means so much to be honest.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
While I might not entirely agree with WTK, it is not about trading a guy for a pick. You might think that the 32nd guy will be more valuable than Leblanc, it might not be by an incredibly wide margin. Chances are you would want to keep the top 10 of your prospect pool list. And maybe do without the others depending who comes in return.

Now, there is a possibility that you pick a guy like Laughton with the 32nd pick and he only amount to be a 3rd liner. Or pick a guy like Nieves with that pick and he amounts to be an absolute bust or pick a guy like DiGiuseppe and, of course, being a Wolverine and all, amounts to be an incredibly solid top 6 player. So there IS a possibility that for whoever thinkgs Leblanc will never a top 6 player, that the 32nd pick ends up ahead of him....But frankly, that list means so much to be honest.
I realize you are trying to be objective,but I have to object about Nieves he will be a Wolverine next season and playing for the great Coach Red Berenson (former Hab)

Old
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Almost certain? Link?
He keeps throwing out tidbits that make it seem like he has inside info, but all the things I've seen him predict haven't happened (re: habs coaching/management hires)

Old
06-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:

Thing is, I don't think that 33rd pick will be in front of Leblanc after the draft. Maybe after a few months into next season, but not right away.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
Would Evander Kane for the #3 pick be a fair swap? There have been rumblings about him in Winnipeg for awhile. What would Mtl have to add to the #3 to get Winnipeg's #9 pick and Kane?
Wouldn't work , the habs are gonna have to play him on the same line as Pleks whom which has had history with Kane in the past.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Thing is, I don't think that 33rd pick will be in front of Leblanc after the draft. Maybe after a few months into next season, but not right away.
Yeah, it usually happens that a good portion of the first round and early second get a big bump after their draft year. However, I'm having trouble thinking of guys who may get that bump that we'll be drafting in 33rd.

If someone like Kerdiles fell, then yes, quite possibly...

Old
06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazygene View Post
Wouldn't work , the habs are gonna have to play him on the same line as Pleks whom which has had history with Kane in the past.
Wait...what? We wouldn't go for a player like Evander Kane because of some incidents with Plekanec?

Old
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Wait...what? We wouldn't go for a player like Evander Kane because of some incidents with Plekanec?
Yes , I know I wouldn't want to play with a guy I hate. It might be hockey , but it was a fight that was not staged. Chemistry of that line wouldn't work. Sort of how the Crosby/Malkin never worked(though it woulda been a killer line) because they just don't have chemistry togheter.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
See Pouliot / Kreji.

Thats funny though, I forgot that they almost fought so many times.. I was scared it was gunna get uglier than it did.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:20 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Forsberg will likely slide if he gets by Columbus at 2. I see him going around 6-7th. Something like Couturier last year. He lacks first step quickness. Quite sure the Habs won't take him as they need first line center. Unless Bergevin trades down
Well if Galchenyuk is gone its either Forsberg or Yakupov.I see some great talent in FF and given 3-4 years and good linemates he could be a force.The type of players TT,Bergevin and Dudley like are Alex & Filip,shouldn't base my choice on the small samples of Filip I've seen but there's something about his play that screams at me pick him.If the Habs somehow get MacKinnon or Shinkaruk with Forsberg hohoho will I be howling.Couturier and Forsberg are two different players,and Forsberg's upside is like a team captain with the game-breaking talent and force that won't be stopped IMHO.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Well if Galchenyuk is gone its either Forsberg or Yakupov.I see some great talent in FF and given 3-4 years and good linemates he could be a force.The type of players TT,Bergevin and Dudley like are Alex & Filip,shouldn't base my choice on the small samples of Filip I've seen but there's something about his play that screams at me pick him.If the Habs somehow get MacKinnon or Shinkaruk with Forsberg hohoho will I be howling.Couturier and Forsberg are two different players,and Forsberg's upside is like a team captain with the game-breaking talent and force that won't be stopped IMHO.
I agree when FF fills out his big frame he will be a great player

Old
06-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I realize you are trying to be objective,but I have to object about Nieves he will be a Wolverine next season and playing for the great Coach Red Berenson (former Hab)
What a stupid example on my part....of course he won't be a bust, he will indeed be a Wolverine. Let's trade Nieves for Jankowski. . By the way, it was just an example. I have Nieves on my 2nd round list....being a Wolverine and all...

Quote:
Possible. I would have a tendancy to agree...but we never know who might unexpectadly fall....

Old
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
JustAHabFan

If both Kerdiles and Matteau are available at 33rd pick, which player should we pick?

Old
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Yes , I know I wouldn't want to play with a guy I hate. It might be hockey , but it was a fight that was not staged. Chemistry of that line wouldn't work. Sort of how the Crosby/Malkin never worked(though it woulda been a killer line) because they just don't have chemistry togheter.
How do you know they hate each other ? Something you heard in your head ?

Old
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If both Kerdiles and Matteau are available at 33rd pick, which player should we pick?
Kerdiles.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
How do you know they hate each other ? Something you heard in your head ?
They fought like once when he was with the Thrashers... big deal.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
We try to get the 34th before we choose

Honestly, I would pick Kerdiles, I don't know, seen him play in the WJC, and was damn impressed. Matteau though, not something we have in spades, prospect wise...

Old
06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

Honestly, I would pick Kerdiles, I don't know, seen him play in the WJC, and was damn impressed. Matteau though, not something we have in spades, prospect wise...
Me too. Kerdiles really made good impression at the WJC. But we do not have players who used their big frame like Matteau. I think I would pick Matteau. We need these kind of players in the playoff.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWrist View Post
If Gomez has any decent people managing him, I'll assume at least about 1.2M of the 3 will go towards his portfolio. Half of whats left would be eaten up by immediate cost. Then comes his nuclear family, extended family, freinds, personal projects, charity demands and before you know it, theres not that much left to be running after prostitutes, fancy cars and spanish villas!

He's a hockey player not a saudi prince. Unless you want to become another mc hammer story, 3M is nothing in the real world.
He signed a 7 year, 51.5 million dollar contract, one year after signing a one year 5 million dollar contract.

Thats 56 million gross over 8 years. You can say 100k or 200k a year isn't a lot of money...but 7.3 million a year is a lot of money. Stop talking out your a$$.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
What a stupid example on my part....of course he won't be a bust, he will indeed be a Wolverine. Let's trade Nieves for Jankowski. . By the way, it was just an example. I have Nieves on my 2nd round list....being a Wolverine and all...

Possible. I would have a tendancy to agree...but we never know who might unexpectadly fall....
In this mock Habs get DiGuiseppe and Nieves in the 2nd round!

http://www.nhlmockdraft.org/2012-nhl...final-edition/

Here's the DiGuiseppe compilation, for the Wolverine Draft Dream.

http://www.hockeyprospect.tv/2012/06...seppe.html?m=1

Old
06-17-2012, 10:16 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
In this mock Habs get DiGuiseppe and Nieves in the 2nd round!

http://www.nhlmockdraft.org/2012-nhl...final-edition/

Here's the DiGuiseppe compilation, for the Wolverine Draft Dream.

http://www.hockeyprospect.tv/2012/06...seppe.html?m=1
That'd be a nice haul, but if they grab Di Giuseppe 33rd, I'd rather they pick Brian Hart than Nieves 51st. Just seems like PDG and Nieves are similar players, and that Hart could bring something different to the table.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That'd be a nice haul, but if they grab Di Giuseppe 33rd, I'd rather they pick Brian Hart than Nieves 51st. Just seems like PDG and Nieves are similar players, and that Hart could bring something different to the table.
Pick both like Vasculio says get the 34th pick,with those two linemates to play with Nieves at center.Both Matteau and Nieves can switch taking faceoffs,nice big line with speed,skill and a little nasty as well.I can barely stand the wait,five more days.Take Hart if Nieves is gone and that's a tough call.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Kerdiles > Matteau. Both will be 1st rounders imo.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

After a whole season of armchair scouting (attended a game between Shawinigan and Quebec), I've finally come to a decision on the 3rd overall pick that belongs to the Montreal Canadiens: Mikhail Grigorenko of the Quebec Remparts.

Despite having a huge weakness for Filip Forbserg(no homo), I believe Montreal cannot let Grigorenko pass them. This kid has demonstrated perseverance throughout language barrier, new coach and teammates, ankle injury and mononucleosis, media overscouting and criticism, and of course, the Russian factor labeled on his forehead.

I will post my article on this decision on my blog soon enough before the draft, and also my final Hockey Lobby Mock Draft for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. There will be a lot of changes in the 1st round since my post-draft lottery edition mock draft.

*More info on the Mikhail Grigorenko's pick for the Montreal Canadiens.

Closed Thread