HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Lol, "trust us, we're professionals."

I'm going to go ahead and bet that Grigorenko's going to dominate the Q next year, and you're going to be very quiet while it happens.
He's gonna be an overager, if he doesn't dominate there's a problem.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
did you guys see the bergevin interview with duthie on tsn.....he looked pretty sour....I guess he wasn't too happy doing that interview....
That's pretty much how rumors get started..

MB just seemed like he was tired to me.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Can we add a poll to the thread for #3 overall?

Murray/Forsberg/Galchenyuk/Grigo/TT/Dumba
This

Old
06-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
how come? He's only 19.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
how come? He's only 19.
No, he'll be 21 next year.

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Leblanc didn't...

Old
Top Corner2

Grigorenko has tons of talent and is definitely one of the rare players that can slow the game down....but he has for one reason or another soured on many scouts.

It only takes one team picking high to fall in love with him for him to go high.... but this is the real thing...not some video game. Teams will NOT draft players that they have serious concerns about high in the draft....doesn't matter how much skill they have. It's all about risk vs reward and if the risks are too high and outweigh the rewards, teams will look elsewhere.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's pretty much how rumors get started..

MB just seemed like he was tired to me.
Yeah you could be right....I'm just so used to him being all smiles. Maybe that is his poker face.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Yeah, everyone, including yourself, have been completely fair and unbiased when dealing with Grigorenko since March.

You see, if you say Grigorenko is a bust, 100%, that's what's known as being "objective."

...if you suggest that maybe the wheels would've fallen off the bus of Galchenyuk had he played more than, oh, 8 games in this season, and gone the way of Nick Ebert: THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS! Have you ever seen him ride a bike!?

BTW, Galchenyuk is still 6'2. I want to believe...
I'm one of the "everybody" too.

I didn't like him 3rd overall to Montreal for a couple of reasons, mostly because I believe that other players would be a better fit for this organization.

I see him going 5th to 8th and he'll have a decent NHL career. Is that objective enough for you?

Time to chill.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Didn't Pierre answer to the question ''if you're Tambellini, what would it take out of Mtl to get your #1?''...

I don't think PM said he would trade PK for #1 pick.

That being said, I never wanted PM, for reasons I made obvious. MB was my pick and hopefully he won't prove me wrong.

If Murray is available, I have a very hard time passing him up, unless it's for Yakupov.
If both those guys are out, than no doubt go with Galchenyuk.
When asked McGuire said he thought that kind of deal would be completely feasible for Edmonton to pull off if they add a bit. Its pretty fair to say he considers it a relatively fair trade for Montreal.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Yeah, I don't think "a few websites" changed the perspective of nearly the entire scouting community.
That's exactly the problem, it's not the entire scouting community.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Thus exposing the ridiculous double standards of this board vis-a-vis Grigorenko:

1.) He dominates, 100+ point season, business as usual.

2.) Doesn't dominate, "see, told ya so."

And you may wish to explain to me how someone who just turned 18 will be an "over-ager" next season.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
When asked McGuire said he thought that kind of deal would be completely feasible for Edmonton to pull off if they add a bit. Its pretty fair to say he considers it a relatively fair trade for Montreal.
Funny how people ripped on Gauthier and praised this idiot. They are all rather quiet and oddly missing.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
did you guys see the bergevin interview with duthie on tsn.....he looked pretty sour....I guess he wasn't too happy doing that interview....
Looks more tired than anything. But then again, I'd be cranky if I was on TSN answering stupid questions.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Et le But

I'm sorry but I just don't see why you'd draft Grigorenko over Galchenyuk or Forsberg. They are in the same league skill-wise, I'd rather go with one of the guys who are already better defensively and more physical over the guy who is slightly taller.

It would make no sense to me to take say, Faksa or Girgensens over Grigorenko. But that's not that what we are talking about.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Funny how people ripped on Gauthier and praised this idiot. They are all rather quiet and oddly missing.
I thought Gauthier had a disastrous final year and soured on him heavily after cautiously liking his first 2. But nothing he ever did in Montreal was as bad as the trade McGuire is pitching.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Lol, "trust us, we're professionals."

I'm going to go ahead and bet that Grigorenko's going to dominate the Q next year, and you're going to be very quiet while it happens.
Who cares what Grigorenko does in the Q regular season. You draft players for what they will be in the NHL. I don't see him making as smooth a transition as guys like Murray Yakupov Galcheyuk Dumba Reinhart etc

I guess the hockey community also has a hate on gor Ebert Frk and Collberg?

Old
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I thought Gauthier had a disastrous final year and soured on him heavily after cautiously liking his first 2. But nothing he ever did in Montreal was as bad as the trade McGuire is pitching.
I still didn't get the feeling McGuire would actually endorse this trade, just that he felt this is what the asking price would be, and that if he's in Edmonton, he wants this trade.
But anyways, that trade will never happen, thankfully.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
poetryinmotion

All I want on friday is Galchenyuk or if Columbus takes him Grigorenko. One of them will be available so it's a sound plan, amirite?

Old
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
tlureb

This cynical Grigorenko take-down is nothing but a pre-draft cabal run to wrest a generational talent away from Montreal's grasp. A new GM, especially in Montreal, might think twice before staking his tenure on whom is played up...crescendo-like in 'Toranna'-centric media... to be a disaster in waiting.

"The story has legs, ...so has Grigorenko, and lo-and-behold Galchenyuk might not... Let's make it real easy and gratifying for a GM's dubious mettle to partake in our 'echo-chamber' plot... We're on the cusp of swapping picks...and flattery...with the devil, at no cost; who would have thought just a few months ago that we could have even hoped to pull that one off!"
...might be saying the shadow director of the Toranna Chamber Orchestra, Brian Burke.

You trade up and draft Grigorenko first overall, ... or you trade down and draft Grigorenko in the teens. In each instances you get exactly what you pay, or do not pay for. Either a player who plays with confidence and his employer's draft-day-tested trust to his generational talent, ...or a player who delivers exactly what's expected of him by drafting community's consensus: a volatile repository of partly fulfilled creativity.

You pick him first...or almost, you get him whole...or almost. You pick him on a drift, ...dime-a-dozen sorta, might as well draft a ghost...

Old
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Always fun to hear a scout drooling on a player as much as you do. If Thrower is available at 33, I'll be EXTREMELY dissapointed if we don't pick him. And you have to think that if he's not being picked up before, that we saw him a lot with him being on Dietz team and all. Thrower is just an under the radar guy that will pay off more than some of the guys on the radar.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
All I want on friday is Galchenyuk or if Columbus takes him Grigorenko. One of them will be available so it's a sound plan, amirite?
Seems to me that every day that passes by, there's a chance Grigorenko is available.....at 32.....

Old
06-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Grigorenko has tons of talent and is definitely one of the rare players that can slow the game down....but he has for one reason or another soured on many scouts.

It only takes one team picking high to fall in love with him for him to go high.... but this is the real thing...not some video game. Teams will NOT draft players that they have serious concerns about high in the draft....doesn't matter how much skill they have. It's all about risk vs reward and if the risks are too high and outweigh the rewards, teams will look elsewhere.
His reward is way greater than his risk. In this site http://thehockeywriters.com/mikhail-...-factor-looms/
Risk= 1/5 Reward = 5/5

Old
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
I still didn't get the feeling McGuire would actually endorse this trade, just that he felt this is what the asking price would be, and that if he's in Edmonton, he wants this trade.
But anyways, that trade will never happen, thankfully.
Well he made it clear he considers it a feasible trade for Edmonton. One they could actually do if they wanted too. So its either a fair deal for him or he has a very dim view of Bergevin.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Grigorenko taken at 17th overall in the TSN mock draft, I guess McGwire and Button are ALSO in on the big conspiracy...

Closed Thread