HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
MrNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
2012 LOTTERY EDITION DRAFT RANKING
Check TSN's Lottery Edition NHL draft rankings - a compilation based on input from various scouts around the National Hockey League.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=62636

NHL Central Scouting 2012 FINAL DRAFT RANKINGS

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=62970

I'm sorry, you were saying?

These are a consensus view of multiple NHL scouts, not one guy or two but MANY. The CONSENSUS view is that Grigs is top 3 talent in the draft. Don't like it, deal with it.

Jesus, you'd think I was the crazy one here. What's wrong with all these people saying Grigs isnt a top pick? I'm not making this up. I'm not a professional scout here but most who are think he is. If you don't believe me too bad, you're the one with the issues here, not me.
That TSN list is pretty old. Bob MacKenzie is releasing his list this week which is usually pretty reliable.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:10 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

The rankings you posted, when were they published? Specifically the TSN one.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:11 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/dalton_thrower/

Wow looks like a solid 2nd rounder.

Solid D who scraps, shoots R, can ship in points. and an epic name.
I'm thinking if the Habs get really lucky Thrower,Sutter and Makarov to join Dietz in the Memorial Cup.Those are solid picks a few others I like Nieves,Jankowski,Matteau,Nerdiles Schmaltz a real favorite of mine,Marcantuoni,Iafrate,Karlsson,Frk,McCabe and Zharkov.My 1st round choices are Galchenyuk or Forsberg if they are gone then Murray,Dumba or Teravainen.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 12:20 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Check TSN's Lottery Edition NHL draft rankings - a compilation based on input from various scouts around the National Hockey League.

NHL Central Scouting 2012 FINAL DRAFT RANKINGS

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=62970

I'm sorry, you were saying?

These are a consensus view of multiple NHL scouts, not one guy or two but MANY. The CONSENSUS view is that Grigs is top 3 talent in the draft. Don't like it, deal with it.

Jesus, you'd think I was the crazy one here. What's wrong with all these people saying Grigs isnt a top pick? I'm not making this up. I'm not a professional scout here but most who are think he is. If you don't believe me too bad, you're the one with the issues here, not me.
Why are you giving me the TSN draft ranking that are 2 months old?

McKenzie has said it on record that Grigs will be dropping from that list, so you have only proved my point that Grigs was top 2, but is no longer.

Why don't you reply back to this email on Monday after you watch McKenzie explain why Grigs is no longer considered a top 2 prospect. Can't wait to hear you bash McKenzie for dropping your boy Grigs.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I will repeat it...people making Grigo fall that much will be up for a rude awakening in due time.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:38 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
That TSN list is pretty old. Bob MacKenzie is releasing his list this week which is usually pretty reliable.
Maybe you didn't see the FINAL part. There's been nothing player development wise that's happened since that list came out. Would it be more accurate if they waited 2 weeks to publicize it?

Last edited by shutehinside: 06-16-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 12:40 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Why are you giving me the TSN draft ranking that are 2 months old?

McKenzie has said it on record that Grigs will be dropping from that list, so you have only proved my point that Grigs was top 2, but is no longer.

Why don't you reply back to this email on Monday after you watch McKenzie explain why Grigs is no longer considered a top 2 prospect. Can't wait to hear you bash McKenzie for dropping your boy Grigs.
I think very highly of Bob McKenzie but when did he become Nostradamus?

Old
06-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think very highly of Bob McKenzie but when did he become Nostradamus?
Bob McKenzie's list is not HIS it's a consensus of NHL scouts. Probably the closest thing to knowing what NHL teams want. Obviously he is the average, some teams may like player X at #3 on their list while another team can have him at #18 while McKenzie has him at #12 as the average of all NHL teams.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Why do we still hold the 1st pick of the 5th round based on NHL.com? We traded this pick to Calgary in the Cammy trade. Traded the 124th to the Isles. And traded our own to get the great Paul Mara. Yet, we still seems to have 1 5th round pick....

Seems to me NHL.com has it wrong. They mention us with the 122nd and Calgary with the 124th. While it should be Calgary with the 122nd, and Isles with 124th 'cause the conditions of that pick was us making the 10-11 playoffs and Wiz playing at least 50% of the games which he did. Unless the league didn't approve of those "conditions"....

Old
06-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why do we still hold the 1st pick of the 5th round based on NHL.com? We traded this pick to Calgary in the Cammy trade. Traded the 124th to the Isles. And traded our own to get the great Paul Mara. Yet, we still seems to have 1 5th round pick....
habsprospects found the info about this yesterday. He had an NHL.com link from the day the Wiz trade was made explaining it. Seems like it was only our own 5th in 2012 (not Columbus' or any other team's) that could be sent to them, there was a condition that if the Habs 5th in 2012 is not available they get our 4th in 2013. So another thing to blame Gauthier for.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Bieber fever

please no fosberg or Teravainen !

Fosbert is the next MPS and TT the next Lauri Tukonen.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:56 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post

I lol'd.

Old
Issacar

Quote:

I personally would take Forsberg or Teravainen over any Grigorenko, Yakupov or Galcheyuk myself :S

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
habsprospects found the info about this yesterday. He had an NHL.com link from the day the Wiz trade was made explaining it. Seems like it was only our own 5th in 2012 (not Columbus' or any other team's) that could be sent to them, there was a condition that if the Habs 5th in 2012 is not available they get our 4th in 2013. So another thing to blame Gauthier for.
Great thanks. So is it time for another....Gauthier

Old
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I lol'd.
MPS and Forsberg comparaison are actually legit...

Old
06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bob McKenzie's list is not HIS it's a consensus of NHL scouts. Probably the closest thing to knowing what NHL teams want. Obviously he is the average, some teams may like player X at #3 on their list while another team can have him at #18 while McKenzie has him at #12 as the average of all NHL teams.
So what's this?:

Old
06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Because Magnus Paajarvi is already a bust, while playing on the Oilers 3rd line, right?

Old
06-16-2012, 01:05 PM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
Actually most scouts have him at #1 or 2 which goes to show how distorted your view is.

EVERY player has short comings including your boy Galy but you chose to solely point out Grigs giving the impression that you do take it personally.
I'm not a Grigorenko hater. I was even up for drafting him but after taking everything into accounts, I changed my mind.

I'm no scout, nor do I pretend knowing all misteries of hockey, but from all I saw, I think there will be better prospects available at the 3rd position for Montreal than Grigorenko.

To me, Grigorenko doesn't have character issues. He played with an injury for most of the second half of this past season and he took the all the blame after being eliminated in the playoffs. As for him not being strong enough at the moment, I believe he will figure it out and be strong enough at his prime. He also has consitency issues but I also believe he will figure it out as he matures.

No. The real knock on him for me is his PLAYING STYLE; the perimeter game. I just don't think you can win the cup someday with someone playing that style of game as one of your key players. In fact, I have a hard time remembering a player playing that style of game being one of the key components of a Stanley Cup champion team since the return of the lock-out in 2005. As a complimentary player of a Stanley cup champion, a player as skilled as Grigorenko doesn't hurt any team. All to contrary, It very well be an advantage over other teams like Kovalev was when the New York Rangers won the cup in 1994.

However, in the other hand, just look at players who play the perimeter game like Grigorenko like Thornton and Spezza's playoffs resumes. Thornton does not succeed to make the difference in the playoffs to lead his teams to the stanley cup whereas Spezza, thanks to a strong cast of core guys supporting him like Alfredsson, Heatley, Phillips and Redden and overall a very strong team, went to the stanley cup finals in 2007 vs Anaheim but when his team needed him to step up at that stage, he didn't. Anaheim challenged him physically and closed all the open areas that allowed Spezza to create plays in the offensive zone before. Spezza didn't change his style of game. Results: Anaheim shut him down and doing so shut down almost instantly his wingers in the first line; Alfredsson and Heatley. It is not because those players are lazy and/or that they don't care that they failed when their teams needed them most, It is mostly because of their style of game.

Now the real question regarding Grigorenko is: Can he evolve into a player who goes into high traffic areas and pay the price in front of the net? I don't know. That's where the team will have to make their homeworks and predict. But if we look at the examples of high caliber players like Thornton and Spezza, i guess the chances aren't that high.

And can people please stop with the ''My boy is better than yours'' crap. Jesus. It's so childish.

At the end of the day, we should just hope that the team drafts a player that hopefully, one day, will play a key part in a Stanley cup championship.

Last edited by HockeyFan87: 06-16-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Because Magnus Paajarvi is already a bust, while playing on the Oilers 3rd line, right?
I don't want a 3rd liner with the 3rd overall pick

Old
06-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
So what's this?:
Let's see what his final list looks like.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Issacar

Quote:
I don't want a 3rd liner with the 3rd overall pick
Is he a 3rd liner for real? Or is it because Taylor Hall and Ryan Smyth are already hogging the space on the 2 lines above?

Old
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Because they are both Swedish?

So, Grigorenko is the next Filatov?

MPS is a total perimeter player.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:14 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Is he a 3rd liner for real? Or is it because Taylor Hall and Ryan Smyth are already hogging the space on the 2 lines above?
No MPS is not top 6 material right now. He's still young but he hasn't developed well. Not that this has anything to do with Filip though.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:14 PM
S Bah

Bergevin,Dudley and Timmins all like the same traits in their prospects;Strong character (leaders)good skating,skill,strength(stamina)and team players.Galchenyuk,Forsberg, Murray,Dumba and Trouba are players that fit the bill in the Top Six IMO.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No MPS is not top 6 material right now. He's still young but he hasn't developed well. Not that this has anything to do with Filip though.
My point exactly. It does not mean he is a bust though, he still has 3-4 years of development ahead of him until he readch his peak. Until then I wouldn't judge a young player with such upside too quick.

Closed Thread