HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Colby Rasmus is

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 04:11 PM
TootooTrain
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Guy who made the video, obviously
Damn, that's....not as exciting.

The vid was better than I thought it was gonna be. I got a few cheap laughs out of it.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:35 PM
MrLegend28*

with the way the phillies are plummeting, how awesome would it be if AA tried to reacquire Halladay? I know hes now on the decline and with shoulder issues, but lol, he wanted to play for a contender, and at this point I'd say Toronto is better contenders than Philly.

I'd LOVE for AA to try and pry Lee away while they're at their lowest.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:50 PM
trellaine201

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
with the way the phillies are plummeting, how awesome would it be if AA tried to reacquire Halladay? I know hes now on the decline and with shoulder issues, but lol, he wanted to play for a contender, and at this point I'd say Toronto is better contenders than Philly.

I'd LOVE for AA to try and pry Lee away while they're at their lowest.
LOL good luck with that. Most of all way too expensive for AA and Rogers.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

It'd take a huge overpayment to acquire both of them knowing that Hamels is leaving after the season wraps up.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:43 PM
TootooTrain
-

Finally some updates on Hutch. Unfortunately they don't sound good.

Barry Davis ‏@SNBarryDavis

Farrell says TJ not out of question but Hutch needs to discuss with family and deicde where to go from here. #bluejays

Dr in Cinci comfirms sprain to Hutchison's elbow. In Dunedin for more tests. Will take couple of days to determine next step. #bluejays

-----------

Farrel also mentions that someone from the pen will start tomorrow. Nobody is being called up.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:05 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Finally some updates on Hutch. Unfortunately they don't sound good.

Barry Davis ‏@SNBarryDavis

Farrell says TJ not out of question but Hutch needs to discuss with family and deicde where to go from here. #bluejays

Dr in Cinci comfirms sprain to Hutchison's elbow. In Dunedin for more tests. Will take couple of days to determine next step. #bluejays

-----------

Farrel also mentions that someone from the pen will start tomorrow. Nobody is being called up.
Damn, sucks for Hutch. Still really young though so he'll bounce back.

My bet is on Villanueva starting tomorrow.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Was the Rogers Centre pitching mound built on an Indian burial ground or something?

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
06-19-2012, 06:39 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMarleauLeafs View Post
Damn, sucks for Hutch. Still really young though so he'll bounce back.

My bet is on Villanueva starting tomorrow.
could be Perez too. Chances are whoever doesn't enter the game tonight will be the one who starts tomorrow (because one of hte long relief guys is gonna have to pitch, Chavez probably doesn't go more than 5 or 6).

Or we could imagine the nightmare scenario where John Farrell decides that Cordero should get the start.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Or we could imagine the nightmare scenario where John Farrell decides that Cordero should get the start.
Who knows, maybe that's his true calling for this team!

Old
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Was the Rogers Centre pitching mound built on an Indian burial ground or something?
I remember hearing that a lot of pitchers don't like our mound. It's too stiff or something like that. Could explain some things. I think there is something wrong with it and on a side note I really hope they do decide to go with real grass next year. They need to invest in not having their players getting hurt.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I remember hearing that a lot of pitchers don't like our mound. It's too stiff or something like that. Could explain some things. I think there is something wrong with it and on a side note I really hope they do decide to go with real grass next year. They need to invest in not having their players getting hurt.
That's funny because I swear when Doc was here it was said that we had one of the best mounds in the league...haven't really heard anything about it the past couple years, but it was apparently very good not too long ago

Old
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
That's funny because I swear when Doc was here it was said that we had one of the best mounds in the league...haven't really heard anything about it the past couple years, but it was apparently very good not too long ago
I'm going off of memory so that's pretty shaky at best but it would explain a lot. I don't think it's great.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:41 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

LMAO love this tweet:

Jose Bautista ‏@JoeyBats19

Quote:
Great win tonight boys! Wow! RF does exist! #HustleAndHeart @BlueJays

Old
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Jenkins pitched another good game today. Hopefully, he's turning it around

7 ip 5h 0er 2bb 3so 5.2 era on the season now

Woj also had a decent start today

6ip 7h 2er 1bb 7so 4.69 era on the season now

Sanchez pitched very well once again in Lansing today

4ip 2h 0er 1r 5bb (not great) 5 so 0.77 era on the season

GCL

Alford 1 for 4 with a hr
Davis 0 for 4 with 3 so yikes

Snider 1 for 3 hr and 2 walks
D'Arnaud 2 for 5 2so

Old
06-20-2012, 12:30 AM
weems

Wojciechowski is starting to pitch better and the strikeouts are up and walks are down over last season.

Would be pretty exciting if the team adds all of Stilson, Stroman and Woj to the bullpen in the future if they decide they arent starters.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Tampa pitcher Joel Peralta was ejected from their game tonight vs the Nationals for having a foreign substance (believed to be pine tar) on his glove.

And ESPN almost laughs it off as "cheating the way you're supposed to cheat", mentioning old school, pre-steroid cheating tactics like corking bats, doctoring balls, uppers and downers, and.... stealing signs.

Yep. When a member of the Rays cheats and is caught red-handed, he's harking back to the good ol' days of baseball. When the Blue Jays are accused of cheating on nothing more than hearsay and wild supposition, they are demons out to destroy the integrity of the game.

Way to go ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...chool-cheating

Old
06-20-2012, 01:03 AM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:

Tampa pitcher Joel Peralta was ejected from their game tonight vs the Nationals for having a foreign substance (believed to be pine tar) on his glove.

And ESPN almost laughs it off as "cheating the way you're supposed to cheat", mentioning old school, pre-steroid cheating tactics like corking bats, doctoring balls, uppers and downers, and.... stealing signs.

Yep. When a member of the Rays cheats and is caught red-handed, he's harking back to the good ol' days of baseball. When the Blue Jays are accused of cheating on nothing more than hearsay and wild supposition, they are demons out to destroy the integrity of the game.

Way to go ESPN.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Swervin81
Magic Mitch™

Quote:

Way to go ESPN.

I was always suspicious about how he licks his fingers while pitching.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

No one's talking about it, but Carreno is supposed to start for Vegas tonight. Why not the big leagues?

My guess is Chavez and Coello down, Beck and Carreno up.

We can't expect much from Perez since he pitched sunday.

Old
06-20-2012, 07:19 AM
aingefan

Quote:
Jenkins pitched another good game today. Hopefully, he's turning it around

7 ip 5h 0er 2bb 3so 5.2 era on the season now

Woj also had a decent start today

6ip 7h 2er 1bb 7so 4.69 era on the season now

Sanchez pitched very well once again in Lansing today

4ip 2h 0er 1r 5bb (not great) 5 so 0.77 era on the season

GCL

Alford 1 for 4 with a hr
Davis 0 for 4 with 3 so yikes

Snider 1 for 3 hr and 2 walks
D'Arnaud 2 for 5 2so
And so much more....
All in all, the farm went 6-0, all big wins, dominant pitching up and down the ladder.
AAA starter Carpenter threw a gem - 7 SO innings, season era down to 3.68. Hech hitting .331. Evan Crawford with a scoreless frame.
AA MI Ryan Goins 3-5, but his 8th error.
^A SS Nolan 2-3 with 2 BB, Jake Marisnick 1-3 with 2 BB.
A - All-star game - Chris Hawkins 2-3.
Lower A...here's some excitement...
Bluefield: 6 xbh, only Jacob Anderson took the collar. Bonus baby 2B Lopes with a HR. Tandem starters Musgrove and Norris - awesome: 8ip, 1er, 2h, 0bb, 10K's - Norris was perfect.
GCL Jays: IFA bonus babies SS Lugo with a HR and OF Becerra 3-4 with 2 2b's. Pitchers combined 2 hit 3 bb SO.
Vancouver: Pitchers combined for 1er, 4 h, 3bb, with 14! k's. Avendano started and went 3ip.

(Thankfully the DSL Jays had the day off or they mighta spoiled it....)

Old
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
aingefan

Actually, it will be interesting to track the recent international free agent signings.
Gabriel Cenas, a hard hitting third basemen got a big bonus back in the day, and has been underwhelming as a pro so far. Interesting that he's been moved to 1B and is hitting fifth (a prominent spot in the lineup).
Santiago Nessy, another IFA bought for big bucks for his big bat at a premium position, has been equally underwhelming up until this year. Reportedly, he had a *great* extended spring training, and now is hitting 3rd for Bluefield, usually the spot reserved for a teams best hitter.
Becerra and Lugo were big deals too, and starting.
The big ticket kid pitchers are being handled cautiously, but may be pushed. Cordona has the big fastball, and hasn't pitched yet I don't think. Osuna I don't think has either, but he's got good heat too and has already pitched against men in Mexico, which is probably about AA level, or advanced A at least as a comp.
Will be interesting to watch unfold, and a big boon to an already pretty full system if they show good development.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:18 AM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

So something's got to give in Dunedin. Im guessing Sean Nolin is going to be promoted to pitch in NH tonight.

Carreno was originally supposed to start for NH, but was moved to Vegas, that opens a hole for Nolan who's been good in Dunedin and hasn't pitched since June 11.

To further speculate, Dunedin just promoted Marcus Walden (another worthy promotion) giving them 6 starters, Lawrence, Walden, Nolin, Smith, Wojo and Tepera.

If Im right, great news for Nolin. NH's rotation would then be McGuire, Jenkins, Stilson, Nolin, Pino.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
I'm going off of memory so that's pretty shaky at best but it would explain a lot. I don't think it's great.
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you, moreso I'm just saying how weird it is that, if what you're saying is true, it's amazing how it went from such a great mound to a ****** one in a few years.

The only reason I remember that is because I remember after a first pitch back then, Tabler or Campbell (God how awful was he?) said pitchers don't like it, especially here, because they could ruin the mound when they were screwing around.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:29 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

romero
cecil
carreno
chavez

Old
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
romero
cecil
carreno
chavez
Forgot Alvarez. God that looks awful......

Closed Thread