HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part 6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 01:32 AM
  #601
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 43,965
vCash: 500
Werdum vs Cormier...make it happen Dana.

Gene Parmesan is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 02:19 AM
  #602
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Damn. Was really looking forward to Cormier vs. Mir.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM
  #603
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Werdum vs Cormier...make it happen Dana.
That would rule. I don't think Werdum wants to be stuck over there and ruled out as a contender for the UFC strap though.

What about Big Nog, if he gets through the Herman fight in Brazil? I don't think Nog is going to be fighting for the title in the UFC, and even if he somehow did climb back to a #1 contender spot I doubt he would fight JDS.

kurt is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
  #604
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
That would rule. I don't think Werdum wants to be stuck over there and ruled out as a contender for the UFC strap though.

What about Big Nog, if he gets through the Herman fight in Brazil? I don't think Nog is going to be fighting for the title in the UFC, and even if he somehow did climb back to a #1 contender spot I doubt he would fight JDS.
I don't think anyone has to worry about being stuck over there, the division won't be around much longer in Strikeforce. These guys will be in the UFC in 2013. I like the Werdum fight, although I doubt the UFC wastes a legit contender to fight JDS over in Strikeforce.

And there's no way Nog takes that fight on such a short turnaround time, zero chance of that happening IMO.

It doesn't really leave much for options over there, though.

m9 is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
  #605
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I don't think anyone has to worry about being stuck over there, the division won't be around much longer in Strikeforce. These guys will be in the UFC in 2013. I like the Werdum fight, although I doubt the UFC wastes a legit contender to fight JDS over in Strikeforce.

And there's no way Nog takes that fight on such a short turnaround time, zero chance of that happening IMO.

It doesn't really leave much for options over there, though.
I agree, but if Nog beats Herman 2 minutes into R1, who knows.

You think Strikeforce will be able to dissolve their HW division? I thought the contract with Showtime was preventing stuff like this from happening.

kurt is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 06:17 PM
  #606
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Enter Tim Sylvia to save the day.

Quote:
You think Strikeforce will be able to dissolve their HW division? I thought the contract with Showtime was preventing stuff like this from happening.
It's already happened. Every HW fighter of note has moved to the UFC save for Cormier and Barnett who each have one fight on their contract.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:30 AM
  #607
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,087
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
That would rule. I don't think Werdum wants to be stuck over there and ruled out as a contender for the UFC strap though.

What about Big Nog, if he gets through the Herman fight in Brazil? I don't think Nog is going to be fighting for the title in the UFC, and even if he somehow did climb back to a #1 contender spot I doubt he would fight JDS.
Lesnar vs Mir III.

Come back fight for Lesnar.

You heard it here first.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 12:00 PM
  #608
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Lesnar vs Mir III.

Come back fight for Lesnar.

You heard it here first.

I'm confused, are you suggesting Lesnar/Mir 3 to take the place of the Cormier/Mir fight for Strikeforce? You do know that it's Mir that is the one that is injured, not Cormier?

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #609
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I'm confused, are you suggesting Lesnar/Mir 3 to take the place of the Cormier/Mir fight for Strikeforce? You do know that it's Mir that is the one that is injured, not Cormier?
That, and Brock's WWE contract doesn't end until the 2nd week of April next year.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
  #610
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
That, and Brock's WWE contract doesn't end until the 2nd week of April next year.
Wasn't it already confirmed by Dana that Brock's WWE contract wouldn't prevent him from fighting for the UFC?

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 02:44 PM
  #611
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Wasn't it already confirmed by Dana that Brock's WWE contract wouldn't prevent him from fighting for the UFC?
Idk, haven't seen anything like that. I'm sure VKM wouldn't want Brock going back while under contract in case he would suffer a significant injury on the Road to Wrestlemania.

End of Line is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 03:33 PM
  #612
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,087
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I'm confused, are you suggesting Lesnar/Mir 3 to take the place of the Cormier/Mir fight for Strikeforce? You do know that it's Mir that is the one that is injured, not Cormier?
No, but I think it will happen within the next year or so.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 03:53 PM
  #613
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
No, but I think it will happen within the next year or so.
Ok, I was just confused because the discussion was about finding a replacement for Mir.

Quote:
Idk, haven't seen anything like that. I'm sure VKM wouldn't want Brock going back while under contract in case he would suffer a significant injury on the Road to Wrestlemania.
Yea I may just be getting info mixed up. That said even if Lesnar was to return to the UFC I doubt it would be any earlier than the Spring anyway.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 12:40 AM
  #614
MeatTornado
I was born ready
 
MeatTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
No link yet, but Melendez is hurt and out of the fight next weekend, SF card cancelled. I didn't even know there was a card coming up, but the injuries are getting just silly.

edit:

Link

MeatTornado is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 01:15 AM
  #615
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatTornado View Post
No link yet, but Melendez is hurt and out of the fight next weekend, SF card cancelled. I didn't even know there was a card coming up, but the injuries are getting just silly.
That sucks.

I can't wait until he's done with Strikeforce and comes over to the UFC.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 01:17 AM
  #616
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatTornado View Post
No link yet, but Melendez is hurt and out of the fight next weekend, SF card cancelled. I didn't even know there was a card coming up, but the injuries are getting just silly.

edit:

Link
Neither did I. I thought the next one was supposed to be Cormier/Mir.

This card was going to be brutal anyways.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM
  #617
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
That sucks.

I can't wait until he's done with Strikeforce and comes over to the UFC.
Isn't he one of the few locked in with Showtime? We could possibly never see him in the UFC. Anyways, I seriously had zero clue they had a card this weekend so whatever.

CNS is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 02:43 AM
  #618
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Isn't he one of the few locked in with Showtime? We could possibly never see him in the UFC. Anyways, I seriously had zero clue they had a card this weekend so whatever.
He's stuck with them for the time being, but there's no way we don't see him in the UFC, unless he falls apart, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 11:08 AM
  #619
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,994
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
He's stuck with them for the time being, but there's no way we don't see him in the UFC, unless he falls apart, which I don't see happening anytime soon.
Exactly, the guy is a top 5 LW. I have no idea why he wouldn't be in the UFC if it weren't for Showtime.

Same with Cormier, Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy, Mousasi, etc... The only talented fighter who might not get in is Barnett because of his past history, which would be a shame.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:10 PM
  #620
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Not a rumor as of yet but Struve said he'd like Werdum next. In the GDT for the FX card, I said that would be a good one next for him. I think its really the best fit for both fighters and I think the UFC will probably set that fight up in the future.

CNS is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
  #621
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,994
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Not a rumor as of yet but Struve said he'd like Werdum next. In the GDT for the FX card, I said that would be a good one next for him. I think its really the best fit for both fighters and I think the UFC will probably set that fight up in the future.
Werdum makes hamburgers of his face.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
  #622
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Daniel Cormier ‏@dc_mma

.@danawhite offer the fight to @HypeOrDie he's from Louisiana like me. He will take the fight. Let's do it!
Cormier wants Pat Barry. Would be a fun as hell fight but Cormier would smash him IMO.

EDIT: Also, Roy Nelson is also campaigning for the Cormier fight even though he's scheduled to fight Carwin at the TUF finale.


Last edited by CNS: 09-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.
CNS is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 09:06 AM
  #623
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 43,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Not a rumor as of yet but Struve said he'd like Werdum next. In the GDT for the FX card, I said that would be a good one next for him. I think its really the best fit for both fighters and I think the UFC will probably set that fight up in the future.
Werdum by whatever he wants. I like Struve but Werdum is better than him at everything.

Gene Parmesan is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 09:08 AM
  #624
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 43,965
vCash: 500
Meathead Mitrione apparently turned down the Cormier fight. So a guy who campaigns for bigger fights..turns down a fight against the best heavyweight not in the UFC....interesting.

Gene Parmesan is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 06:18 PM
  #625
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,087
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Werdum by whatever he wants. I like Struve but Werdum is better than him at everything.
No he isnt.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.