HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Rampage vs Glover sounds like it'll happen. Rampage asked for it on Twitter and Dana said yes. That should be a doozie since both men actually love to stand and bang.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
m9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Rampage vs Glover sounds like it'll happen. Rampage asked for it on Twitter and Dana said yes. That should be a doozie since both men actually love to stand and bang.
I think Glover will try to take Rampage down and work from there as opposed to standing with him.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I think Glover will try to take Rampage down and work from there as opposed to standing with him.
He won't be able to.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Glover will tear him up. Rampage seems really hesitant to pull the trigger of late.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
I love Rampage but I don't think this will end well for him. Too slow and flat-footed at this point in his career. Glover is fast and explosive.

Rampage always has a chance against a guy who is going to stand and come forward but it's going to be tough.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
He won't be able to.
He wont have to.

Rampage is a shadow of what he once was.

Glover by whatever he wants.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Sonnen/Griffin canceled. Lots of rumors swirling right now as to why.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Sonnen/Griffin canceled. Lots of rumors swirling right now as to why.
The only thing on google I could find about this was...... this post...

Old
10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The only thing on google I could find about this was...... this post...
It's on twitter, so maybe I should have said it's rumored to have been cancelled. There's a video of Dana post 153 saying the fight was still on, but the updates on the cancellation I read were from a couple of hours ago.

edit: it looks like it was just fluff. the rumor link is to the video I watched and Dana clearly said the fight was still on, so I'm not sure what they're talking about.

Last edited by VeddarRants: 10-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
It's on twitter, so maybe I should have said it's rumored to have been cancelled. There's a video of Dana post 153 saying the fight was still on, but the updates on the cancellation I read were from a couple of hours ago.

edit: it looks like it was just fluff. the rumor link is to the video I watched and Dana clearly said the fight was still on, so I'm not sure what they're talking about.
yeah yesterday Dana himself said to Helwani that Forrest/Sonnen is still on. UFC 155 is stacked as hell. Still great names out there looking for opponents, mainly Koscheck, Cerroni, Alves, Belfort, Guida, Rashad (why is he fighting so little?), Pettis, Lil Nog, Barao, and so on.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
yeah yesterday Dana himself said to Helwani that Forrest/Sonnen is still on. UFC 155 is stacked as hell. Still great names out there looking for opponents, mainly Koscheck, Cerroni, Alves, Belfort, Guida, Rashad (why is he fighting so little?), Pettis, Lil Nog, Barao, and so on.
Pettis/Cerrone for the next LW title shot.
Alves/Koschek just because it'd be a good fight.
Lil Nog/Belfort or Rashad depending if Vitor wants to stay at LHW.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Pettis/Cerrone for the next LW title shot.
Alves/Koschek just because it'd be a good fight.
Lil Nog/Belfort or Rashad depending if Vitor wants to stay at LHW.
What the hell are they waiting for? That fight has been rumored since UFC 150. Alves/Koscheck has already been done, Kos' next opponent is likely Ellenburger when he's cleared to fight again. As for Rashad, I have no idea, Lil Nog doesn't stand a chance imo.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
What the hell are they waiting for? That fight has been rumored since UFC 150. Alves/Koscheck has already been done, Kos' next opponent is likely Ellenburger when he's cleared to fight again. As for Rashad, I have no idea, Lil Nog doesn't stand a chance imo.
I think Pettis is hurt still. I was throwing out match ups with the names you presented

Koschek/Diaz would be a good return fight for Nick..if he comes back. Rashad is in a weird spot..all other top guys at LHW all have fights lined up..they need to get him booked.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
I think Pettis is hurt still. I was throwing out match ups with the names you presented

Koschek/Diaz would be a good return fight for Nick..if he comes back. Rashad is in a weird spot..all other top guys at LHW all have fights lined up..they need to get him booked.
Nick already said he is coming back, thankfully. He's easily one of my favorite fighters to watch. That being said, Kos would be an okay fight. Both coming off "losses" (still don't consider the Condit fight a loss for Diaz). Then if Diaz wins they could easily turn around and give us GSP/Diaz if he gets through Condit. They more than likely would give him that fight because GSP is a huge sell for them and I think most people would tune in for that fight.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Nick already said he is coming back, thankfully. He's easily one of my favorite fighters to watch. That being said, Kos would be an okay fight. Both coming off "losses" (still don't consider the Condit fight a loss for Diaz). Then if Diaz wins they could easily turn around and give us GSP/Diaz if he gets through Condit. They more than likely would give him that fight because GSP is a huge sell for them and I think most people would tune in for that fight.
I think a Kos/Diaz fight would do well because they are both abrasive personalties that everyone loves to hate.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:24 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
I think a Kos/Diaz fight would do well because they are both abrasive personalties that everyone loves to hate.
See but I'm not sure how much the general fans would be in to that. I could see both guys turning off a lot of the more casual fans and it not being as popular because no one wants either guy to win. And neither of them is a Chael Sonnen trash talker that brings in views but who knows. What I do know is that a GSP/Diaz fight would be a HUGE sell and I'd be willing to bet money that when that PPV does happen, it'll have more buys than GSP/Condit for sure.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

If they're not going to throw Diaz right in the title mix against GSP, Condit, Kampmann, Hendricks, etc then I hope they give him an exciting fight rather than someone like Koscheck or Fitch. I'd like to see Diaz against MacDonald, Silva, or Alves.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 1269
I want to see Diaz fight a wrestler before he gets a shot at GSP. He is coming off a loss and and he needs to prove he cant still just be laid on for the entire fight.
Kos, Fitch, Ellinburger, or Hendriks.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
If they're not going to throw Diaz right in the title mix against GSP, Condit, Kampmann, Hendricks, etc then I hope they give him an exciting fight rather than someone like Koscheck or Fitch. I'd like to see Diaz against MacDonald, Silva, or Alves.
Diaz/Alves would be fun. Silva just got thrashed by Fitch...his confidence is already low and then giving him Diaz would really put the nail in the coffin Ideally GSP beats Condit and gets his fight with Nick and I agree that it would do huge buys.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Diaz/Alves would be fun. Silva just got thrashed by Fitch...his confidence is already low and then giving him Diaz would really put the nail in the coffin Ideally GSP beats Condit and gets his fight with Nick and I agree that it would do huge buys.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least if Joe Silva and Dana White give Diaz the GSP fight as his first fight back even after the loss. Not saying I expect it, but wouldn't shock me. GSP absolutely despises Nick and you KNOW he's going to beg for that fight since he already has. And you add in the fact that GSP knows he could seriously get paid then it sounds like the perfect fight for him if he beats Condit. And I don't think it would really even be that hard to justify it. I still think he beat Condit and before that "loss", he was destroying everyone in the 2nd biggest MMA promotion out there.

Last edited by cnshockey: 10-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old
10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least if Joe Silva and Dana White give Diaz the GSP fight as his first fight back even after the loss. Not saying I expect it, but wouldn't shock me. GSP absolutely despises Nate and you KNOW he's going to beg for that fight since he already has. And you add in the fact that GSP knows he could seriously get paid then it sounds like the perfect fight for him if he beats Condit. And I don't think it would really even be that hard to justify it. I still think he beat Condit and before that "loss", he was destroying everyone in the 2nd biggest MMA promotion out there.
If thats the route it goes then and the way the year in MMA has gone...Condit will beat GSP.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least if Joe Silva and Dana White give Diaz the GSP fight as his first fight back even after the loss. Not saying I expect it, but wouldn't shock me. GSP absolutely despises Nate and you KNOW he's going to beg for that fight since he already has. And you add in the fact that GSP knows he could seriously get paid then it sounds like the perfect fight for him if he beats Condit. And I don't think it would really even be that hard to justify it. I still think he beat Condit and before that "loss", he was destroying everyone in the 2nd biggest MMA promotion out there.
What does the next LW champion have to do with this?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:40 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
What does the next LW champion have to do with this?
Wrong UFC champ. Sorry.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
m9

Sonnen and Jones coaching TUF, and will fight next April.

I'm all for this, it should be fun. Sonnen doesn't really deserve the shot, but neither does anyone else right now so the UFC might as well go for the fight that many of the fans want to see. I don't like the long wait (that's a ridiculous layoff for Sonnen) but I think it will make TUF worth watching.

As for the actual fight, Jones will kill him.

Don't know what this means for Forrest, but it would be nice if they slid Rashad, Glover, or Phil Davis into that spot.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I saw that announcement on my news feed on facebook and really my jaw dropped. This is awesome.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Closed Thread