HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kane doesn't want to sign with the Jets? (MOD: All Things E. Kane)

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Philadelphia has the assets to get it done IMO (Schenn, Coutourier, Simmonds, Voracek, Carle)

I don't we will get fair value for him.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Sure it doesnt have something to do with that Flames logo to the left???

Seriously, Kane>>>>Baertschi, and Kanes has just as much if not more potential.

Take off the Homer glasses man.
Point of the story is we're expecting Baertshi to be Iginla's replacement. We don't move him unless it's astronomical.

Old
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
How do you know that he a awful attitude?(why are a lot of people saying that?) Have you met him before?
Its funny as Iginla once held out for money which isn't much different than this.

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Philadelphia has the assets to get it done IMO (Schenn, Coutourier, Simmonds, Voracek, Carle)
One of those things is not like the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthroughforest View Post
Point of the story is we're expecting Baertshi to be Iginla's replacement. We don't move him unless it's astronomical.
The irony is apparently lost on you.

Old
KingLB

Flames fans in this thread

They would be lucky if anyone on their Org had the value of Kane....

Old
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
I think something around J.Staal for Kane would make sense for all parties.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Flames fans in this thread

They would be lucky if anyone on their Org had the value of Kane....
Correction its 1 fan.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Thats alot better then claiming Baertschi is better then Kane. Understandable to not want to trade him.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
hockeyball

Sharks would be willing to move anyone not named Couture (lateral fairly pointless move) or Burns. Pavelski, Marleau, Boyle, etc would all be available.

Old
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Baertshi for Kane straight up? Whaaaaat? Never was a fan of the phrase, but it definitely applies here: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Old
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Thats fair but you would be getting Okposo and a the 4th overall. At worst its a second line player and very good prospect but if Nino becomes a top 6 player (or the first liner he is projected to be) it is a pretty great trade.
Can anyone explain to me why the isles would use 19 yr old Nino, as some sort of sweetener in a deal,when Morrow admits the team erred in keeping him up this season and the gm indicates he's headed to the AHL next season?

Only on these boards,have the isles soured on Nino.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Huffer

Quote:
I dont get your point, when did I say there wasnt other teams in the league?
Because it seemed like your point was that the Jets would be in a position of weakness where that is not the case. Kane would hold no cards besides holding out and leaving money on the table, and there would be 28 other teams with offers if one teams offer wanted Kane at a discount.

Quote:
No, I think it was Baertshi averaging 2 PPG in the WHL during his sophomore season, scoring 3 goals in 5 NHL games, and reading the analysis of countless publishings about him.
FYI, if you want to compare draft seasons, Sven's draft season was his also his rookie year, and he still outscored Kane in the playoffs.
Lol, so how do you know how many points Kane would have put up in his sophomore season?

Old
06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
How do you know that he a awful attitude?(why are a lot of people saying that?) Have you met him before?
His rumoured antics during this past season and now his apparent desire to leave Winnipeg.

This is not supposed to be a slight against the Jets. I truly believe they would be better off with players who actually want to be there. A number of the offers in this thread, I believe, give the Jets far more value in return than what Kane currently brings to the organization.

Old
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Does it make sense to trade Kane, for a soon to be ufa?

Old
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Can anyone explain to me why the isles would use 19 yr old Nino, as some sort of sweetener in a deal,when Morrow admits the team erred in keeping him up this season and the gm indicates he's headed to the AHL next season?

Well, the guy has been treated horribly by the Islandes, playing in the NHL when he was clearly FAR from ready, and getting 4th line minutes.

Certainly doesnt look good for Nino, to me it looks like the Isles have screwed his devellopment alot, and it doesnt look good for him.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
Kane is a center/left wing while Michalek is left/right wing. They have comparable point totals in recent years but Kane is younger (and Ottawa will be in Year 2 of our rebuild). What could be added on either side to sweeten the deal?
Seriously? Would you take Byfuglien for Karlsson? Even that's not nearly as bad as Michalek for Kane but it should give you some idea of what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
How about Matt Puempel instead?

Edit: Meaning Michalek + Puempel, not just Puempel.
Terrible. Would have to be Zibanejad + to even be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
E. Kane is a hot commodity, I think a mod should jump the gun and start a All Evander Kane proposals here thread before the whole forum is spammed with them.
The forum was already spammed with awful quantity for Kane proposals. Do you want 3 aging second line players for your star? No? Why not? Combined they put up more points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
2012 1st + Niederreiter + Okposo + 2013 1st (top 5 protected; becomes 2014 1st no restrictions)

Quote:
Baertschi has a higher ceiling than Kane. Not a chance.
You're so certain of that fact that you'd refuse to give up a good prospect for a proven star who's 20 years old? I don't think your GM would agree with you. Odds are pretty good than Baertschi, or any prospect of that level, doesn't live up to their ceiling as perceived by fans of the team that drafted them. Not that many players score 30 goals and even fewer do it at the age of 20 with no help from their linemates. Jets would turn down that 1-for-1 deal in a split second.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

O I totally agree and I am extremely high on him if his value has lowered at all to the Islanders I would grab him if I was a GM.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I'd give up a boatload for him.

Zibanejad, Puempel, 1st round pick and 3rd round pick. Willing to sweeten if necessary...
Deal!

Man, I like a lot of these deals. This is fun.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
So the Jets trade a guy who wants out now, for a guy who has the option to leave next summer?

Old
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Because it seemed like your point was that the Jets would be in a position of weakness where that is not the case. Kane would hold no cards besides holding out and leaving money on the table, and there would be 28 other teams with offers if one teams offer wanted Kane at a discount.

Lol, so how do you know how many points Kane would have put up in his sophomore season?
Except the Offer I posted earlier is close to the best deal being offered. Your already getting low balled and its not even a confirmed rumor. Now yes nobody on here is a GM or anywere close, but generally if everyone is low balling around here, theres a good chance GM's will lowball aswell....

Would you rather Baerschi straight up, for Duchene and a High end prospect for Kane and Enstrom? Or Jordan Staal?

Old
Wpgpage

IF, and its a very big if, Kane was made available I think the best trading partner would be the Rangers. Something around Stall + Erixon +picks/prospects for Kane would probably be what the Jets would be looking for, allows them to build around a strong young D core and trade Enstrom/Hainsey for depth at wing. Not the ideal situation but defiantly workable.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Edler, conditional 2013 1st for Kane

Old
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So the Jets trade a guy who wants out now, for a guy who has the option to leave next summer?
Well if Staal's getting traded I'm sure there would be an agreement worked out for him to sign an extension; similar to the Kessel trade.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Except the Offer I posted earlier is close to the best deal being offered. Your already getting low balled and its not even a confirmed rumor. Now yes nobody on here is a GM or anywere close, but generally if everyone is low balling around here, theres a good chance GM's will lowball aswell....

Would you rather Baerschi straight up, for Duchene and a High end prospect for Kane and Enstrom? Or Jordan Staal?
How is it the best deal though?

Kane and Duchene are very close, but Enstrom is worth more that Elliot or Barrie.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Considering Sven's one of the only players to do it in the last 15 years, I'd say chances aren't great.

Closed Thread