HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Pre-Draft Analysis

Old
06-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Shoalzie

vCash: 500
There seems to be quite a bit of goaltending available in this draft...I don't think they need to reach for any early. I'm all about them going defense early on and find a few more diamonds in the rough up front.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:57 PM
sarcastro

Why not just sign Sadikov? He's just as likely to pan out as anyone they'd pick in the draft, they've had a good look at him, and he was pretty good last year before Erie became OHL bottom-feeders. And he wouldn't cost a pick of any kind.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:27 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Why not just sign Sadikov? He's just as likely to pan out as anyone they'd pick in the draft, they've had a good look at him, and he was pretty good last year before Erie became OHL bottom-feeders. And he wouldn't cost a pick of any kind.
He'll definitely be at prospect and maybe even training camp. But if they use a late pick on a goaltender with potential, I wouldn't mind. That's how they got Mrazek and he looks promising so far.

Speaking of goaltenders, if Larsson isn't returning to the Wings, but still hold his rights, can they trade him (or Andersson, who is in the same situation)? I'm sure they could dump Larsson, Andersson, Kindl+ and send them to the Oilers (who could use some goaltending and defensive prospects) for a nice pick (if they end up with the 2nd rounder, it's pretty much a late 1st round pick). It'll never happen, I'm sure, but is it technically possible? Even get a 6th or a 7th for Larsson so we have another shot with another prospect.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
He'll definitely be at prospect and maybe even training camp. But if they use a late pick on a goaltender with potential, I wouldn't mind. That's how they got Mrazek and he looks promising so far.

Speaking of goaltenders, if Larsson isn't returning to the Wings, but still hold his rights, can they trade him (or Andersson, who is in the same situation)? I'm sure they could dump Larsson, Andersson, Kindl+ and send them to the Oilers (who could use some goaltending and defensive prospects) for a nice pick (if they end up with the 2nd rounder, it's pretty much a late 1st round pick). It'll never happen, I'm sure, but is it technically possible? Even get a 6th or a 7th for Larsson so we have another shot with another prospect.
I'm pretty sure Larrson is in the Hat Trick Dick boat so far as not having any interest in coming back to NA. I suspect the Wings will hold onto their rights and that each player will finish their career in Sweden.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
Maybe the Wings could use another extra someone to develop into a future backup, but at this point, what honestly suggests that Mrazek doesn't have what it takes? Kid's only 20 years old. And really, anyone we draft this year would probably be automatically behind him anyway, based on age, so what sense does that make as a #1 need?

We're fine on that front, for the time being.
Well we have one solid prospect who has yet to play a single minute in the AHL against men. You simply cannot kick up your feet and say "DONE!" when it comes to goaltending depth. At this point McCollum looks like a bust who will never develop into so much as a backup goalie. It sucks but if you are honest there's simply nothing to indicate he has the makeup of being an NHL netminder.

We clearly do need a few more prospects who show the glimmer of becoming NHL level players. So it makes sense to continue to draft new prospects, some of us just don't see the value of using high draft picks on a position that is so volatile.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote