HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending

Old
06-16-2012, 07:53 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Goaltending

Arguably our biggest exposure. Is Stan looking now?

Well, Tampa aren't waiting around. They traded for Lindback yesterday. Lindback is a goalie with much potential and should have been on the Hawks radar, imo. Too late!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Not Now John
Oh, Darling!

vCash: 858
First, I thank you for breaking the Lindback trade for me. I can't get NHL Network anymore for whatever reason, and now I'm not in the know on everything. That's one goalie that I really wanted crossed off my list. Who else could we trade for? Gustavsson?

OK, now I'm realizing I'm sort of kidding myself.

Not Now John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:55 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Gave up way too much for him. If that was the price, glad the Hawks passed.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
zytz
lumberjack

So re: the goalie needs of this team... I think we aren't really comparable to TB in that we have NHL ready goalie... like physical bodies to fill those roster spots even if they're not the best. TB I think didn't even have that... if they didn't make a move they were looking to start the season with a literal hole in their roster.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Sarava

Very good deal by Tampa IMO. It's a heavy price, but for a good young goaltender...I think it's worth taking a shot.

Last edited by Sarava: 06-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
It is beyond a doubt the Hawks need a certain #1 goalie considering the embarrassingly bad duo they are running right now (we go absolutely nowhere with these two).

I would prefer someone established, however.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Sarava

Hard to say if any good and established goaltenders are available. The Hawks could kick the tires on Tim Thomas. Try to find out if he would really take the year off...if say, he were traded to Chicago?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 11:29 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Hard to say if any good and established goaltenders are available. The Hawks could kick the tires on Tim Thomas. Try to find out if he would really take the year off...if say, he were traded to Chicago?
I don't want that guy on my team. He only cares about himself and he really hurt the B's with his little siesta

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:06 PM
MagicSlap*

Yeah, definitely no to Tim Thomas.

As for the goaltending, it'd certainly be nice to have an upgrade in net but I still think the biggest problem for this team is on the blue line. The group is so weak along the boards that causes them to not be able to get the puck out of our own zone. Teams can cycle aand forecheck the hell out of us and it really shows. Nobody stands in the crease and clears it out for the goalie and very few players on this team are even willing to consistently block shots. Also, Q's ***** play the lanes system and not th ebody further contributes to this problem since you need to use your body to disrupt the play but nobody on this team will do that (except for Seaobs and Hammer, and people want to trade Hammer too!!!).

So, what I think happened this year is Crawford started out solid. Then, this year's charmin soft D started letting the other team really work CC hard and it caused him to get rattled and when he started having bad games his confidence got shot. When his went, then the team's in front of him went too.

Sophomore slumps happen, it's up to CC this season to see if he'll reclaim his former swagger, I think he can. What I would've liked to see though is a backup who is actually a solid 1B so that if Corey doesn't get back what he had then that guy would be okay playing a lot of games.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Doubt Nsh would have traded him in division

And there is always risk with Lindback as your #1 given his disease. TB would be smart to have a capable backup to carry some of the load off him

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
MagicSlap*

Also, how does Bernier sound as a target acquisition? I think he could be had for something like... Stalberg + Morin

I would definitely do that.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I would do that in an instant. I think the Kings can do better than that on the open market though.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
MagicSlap*

I'd add a 2nd or something like that too. I think it could be done for aroudn that.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

It's a high reward low risk move acquiring him. They can get first++ for sure.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

nobody wants Bernier... makes you wonder what is wrong with him. Yzerman hasn't even asked about him, Jackets don't wanted him in the Carter deal and the Avs wanted Varlamov or Schneider. They all never even asked about him if the rumors are true. Yzerman said it himself so thats not a rumor.

We also don't need another backup. Already have 1 1/2 Backups. Bernier for pick and prospect we don't need, yes. Bernier for Roster player like Stalberg, no.
Lindback hasn't done anything as of yet and in the end, he isn't what we need. We need a proven goalie, nothing else

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Overpaying for Bernier would be mistake

He has yet to show this #1 potential ,, Infact he struggled badly at times behind 2 of the top defensive teams of last 2 seasons (Kings have been iron tight D for a while now)

I would rather move a 2nd for Bobrovsky who is younger , Bigger and more experienced so far

I think Bobrovsky would be cheaper to acquire and frankly better option for Hawks going forward

Crawford/Bobrovsky could push each other until one eventually wins out the #1 job

Old
06-16-2012, 03:19 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

I want CC starting this year. Wings were in the same boat last offseason, with Howard coming off a sophomore slump. Turned out alright for them, let's see if Crawford can do the same. 2013 UFA for goalies looks more promising than this one, so I think that's the right decision, unless a worthwhile trade came the Hawks way.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I want CC starting this year. Wings were in the same boat last offseason, with Howard coming off a sophomore slump. Turned out alright for them, let's see if Crawford can do the same. 2013 UFA for goalies looks more promising than this one, so I think that's the right decision, unless a worthwhile trade came the Hawks way.
Crawford bombed ,, Howard was much better as sophmore then the poor excuse of goaltending we saw from Craw

And Howard didn't give up brutal backbreaking goals in playoffs like Crawford

Old
06-16-2012, 03:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Crawford bombed ,, Howard was much better as sophmore then the poor excuse of goaltending we saw from Craw

And Howard didn't give up brutal backbreaking goals in playoffs like Crawford
No he wasn't. If you're gonna just spew generalizations, please back it up...

Howard went from .924 to .908 save percentage and dropped his GAA from 2.26 to 2.79

CC went from .917 to .903 and 2.30 to 2.72. Howard's drop off was even worse than Crow's was statistically.

And as always, playoffs are too small of a sample size to really go off of. I'm not gonna write off CC because of 3-4 bad games...

Last edited by IU Hawks fan: 06-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.
IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
HjamSandwich

2 candidates but both suck
Presidential Election?
No. Blackhawk Goalies.

HjamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:25 PM
MagicSlap*

BWC strikes out again!

Old
06-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Whether we give CC one more year or not bringing back Emery and not signing or trading for a guy who can at-least compete for the #1 job was one of the single most stupid things gone in hockey history.

Now if CC implodes again the Hawks have nobody to turn to and have wasted yet another year of this core and are scrambling to find a goalie next year along with quite a few other teams, and god help us if they strike out next year.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
And as always, playoffs are too small of a sample size to really go off of. I'm not gonna write off CC because of 3-4 bad games...
Playoffs are the ONLY sample that actually matters. Crawford played AHL caliber at best in the playoffs, failing to make the big save (sometimes the small save) against one of the most pathetic offenses among playoff teams. I don't want him back.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Overpaying for Bernier would be mistake

He has yet to show this #1 potential ,, Infact he struggled badly at times behind 2 of the top defensive teams of last 2 seasons (Kings have been iron tight D for a while now)

I would rather move a 2nd for Bobrovsky who is younger , Bigger and more experienced so far

I think Bobrovsky would be cheaper to acquire and frankly better option for Hawks going forward

Crawford/Bobrovsky could push each other until one eventually wins out the #1 job
Firstly the Kings are iron tight, they have one of the best goalies in the world to make them look better, good yes, great no.

You talk about Bernier struggles but don't mention that Bob had a worse year last year then any goalie not named Roloson.

They are 42 days apart in age so it's a non factor.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:49 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Lindback wouldnt be traded in the division, so we didn't miss out on anything. CBJ supposedly offered the world for him and NASH still said no.

Bernier would be a good option, but I don't believe we will see a goaltending change until somwhere around JAN, if Crow and/or Emery dont work out.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote