HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
  #51
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, there are tons of guys you put in his place. And it would be stupid to even assume Emery would get a tryout with someone else if we didn't resign him when we did. I guess we'll get our answer on that one when we find out where Roloson ends up, same guy.
Who exactly? Tons of *****ing about a back up goalie when this team's problem is the starter.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  #52
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Who exactly? Tons of *****ing about a back up goalie when this team's problem is the starter.
Qualifications to fill Emery's spot:

Play goalie
Pulse
SS# (for tax liability reasons)

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
  #53
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Qualifications to fill Emery's spot:

Play goalie
Pulse
SS# (for tax liability reasons)
Considering he put up similar numbers to Crawford, Hawks are in deep ****.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
  #54
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Considering he put up similar numbers to Crawford, Hawks are in deep ****.
Yeah, no ****.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:15 PM
  #55
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Who exactly? Tons of *****ing about a back up goalie when this team's problem is the starter.
This teams problems are goaltending, Crawford has a contract, fine, Emery didn't. Out biggest complaint was resigning Emery without taking a shot at anyone else, it's not like Emery would have been a hot commodity in the off-season anyhow.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
  #56
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,474
vCash: 500
It's ironic that the two have similar numbers yet Crawford has much better speed and skill whereas Emery just plain sucks yet has far better focus. I don't think Crow improves his focus much without a legitimate challenge to the starting position. I hope we at least get to see Hutton at prospect camp.

Another thing to note is I'm ****ing sick of watching everyone on our defense allowing net presence from the opposing side. Not tying up sticks and pummeling anyone around the crease is an example of the failure of Q's system. I don't care how much skill you have, waiting to play the puck is not the working method of defense in the west. All of our players allow too much time and space to the other team when stuck in our zone. Once again, any player can apply pressure and be more physical when coached to do so.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
  #57
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Qualifications to fill Emery's spot:

Play goalie
Pulse
SS# (for tax liability reasons)
What other goalies will be on the market July 1st?

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  #58
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
What other goalies will be on the market July 1st?
This!

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
  #59
TwistedWrister90
Registered User
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
What other goalies will be on the market July 1st?
none worthwhile IMO. which is why having crawford and emery is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  #60
TwistedWrister90
Registered User
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 500
free agent goalies

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...sition/#Goalie

someone please enlighten me

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
  #61
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
What other goalies will be on the market July 1st?
Hedberg and Clemmensen are the best options in UFA, significant improvements over Emery, both are capable of starting too and have proven it.

Rask and Schneider are RFAs that still haven't signed yet. Rask is probably out of the question given Thomas' situation but Schneider is a prime target given their cap situation, Luongo signed longterm and the rivalry (we're not going to be trading with them anyway, may as well **** them over).

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
  #62
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
none worthwhile IMO. which is why having crawford and emery is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be
Right having back the same goalies who combined for a whopping, .902 SV% 3rd worst in the NHL, what is wrong with that, brilliant move by Bowman not improving the biggest weakness on the team, that's the way to build a winner.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:31 PM
  #63
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Right having back the same goalies who combined for a whopping, .902 SV% 3rd worst in the NHL, what is wrong with that, brilliant move by Bowman not improving the biggest weakness on the team, that's the way to build a winner.
Nevermind that, like I said, still improvements out there in Clemmensen and Hedberg. The people that were saying there was nothing left were just talking out of their ass. There's two names, plus Schneider obviously (oh wait, we wasted our draft picks on Oduya, cross him off).

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
  #64
TwistedWrister90
Registered User
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Right having back the same goalies who combined for a whopping, .902 SV% 3rd worst in the NHL, what is wrong with that, brilliant move by Bowman not improving the biggest weakness on the team, that's the way to build a winner.
or how about the team that played like **** in front of them. dumb turnovers in the zone, poor clearing attempts, not clearing the crease, etc.

no doubt crawford and emery need to play better, but they aren't the only ones at fault. and one season does not define a career.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
  #65
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Would MUCH rather have Harding at 1.9 than Emery at 1.1.
How do we get Harding at 1.9??

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
  #66
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Who gives a ****, Clemmensen and Hedberg are still unsigned. Both would be great additions and improve the position in Chicago.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:03 PM
  #67
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
No to Hedberg, I'd like Clemmensen but in the end, who says they sign here and would they be really an upgrade over what we have? No, they wouldn't

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:08 PM
  #68
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
No to Hedberg, I'd like Clemmensen but in the end, who says they sign here and would they be really an upgrade over what we have? No, they wouldn't
Clemmensen is a MAJOR upgrade over Emery. He'll sign here if we sign him (he's from Iowa too for Christ sake), this is a chance to get the starting job on a good team he has always wanted, he'd likely LOVE to sign here. So we'll find out. My hunch is we stick with Emery and Clemmensen mops the ****ing floor with him both performance and stats wise all year long no matter where Clemmer ends up.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
  #69
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Clemmer is better IMO, but he really is not a starting goalie and he really is not a MAJOR upgrade.

Free agency never was an option for the Hawks to upgrade goaltending

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
  #70
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Clemmensen is a MAJOR upgrade over Emery. He'll sign here if we sign him (he's from Iowa too for Christ sake), this is a chance to get the starting job on a good team he has always wanted, he'd likely LOVE to sign here. So we'll find out. My hunch is we stick with Emery and Clemmensen mops the ****ing floor with him both performance and stats wise all year long no matter where Clemmer ends up.
but in reality you have noooo ideaaaa if he wants to pick up and move to a new team with new players to fight with emery for a backup spot.

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #71
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
but in reality you have noooo ideaaaa if he wants to pick up and move to a new team with new players to fight with emery for a backup spot.
He would have to be given the spot with Emery hitting the bricks, no doubt. This isn't Soviet Russia, I'm tired of this "Well, who knows if he would sign here if Bowman was actually interested in signing guys, so based on that, you can't blame him for not signing guys" **** that, I can talk to the 4 year old next door about the Hawks if I want to hear **** like that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
  #72
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He would have to be given the spot with Emery hitting the bricks, no doubt. This isn't Soviet Russia, I'm tired of this "Well, who knows if he would sign here if Bowman was actually interested in signing guys, so based on that, you can't blame him for not signing guys" **** that, I can talk to the 4 year old next door about the Hawks if I want to hear **** like that.
What are you talking about? soviet russia and 4 year olds?

you have no idea what players want to come to the hawks. just because a player is a UFA doesnt mean that you can just pick him up. This isnt capgeek. and if you could there would be ONE other goalie (Clemmenson) while like 8 other teams with goalie issues bid for him

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:27 PM
  #73
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Hawks only option to get better goaltending would be in a trade. Backstrom would be the most possible. They have Harding and Hackett with Kuemper in the AHL and they do some little rebuild.

Seto and Clutterbuck could be had too if rumors are true. Clutterbuck + Backstrom would solve many of the Hawks problems

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:37 PM
  #74
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
What are you talking about? soviet russia and 4 year olds?

you have no idea what players want to come to the hawks. just because a player is a UFA doesnt mean that you can just pick him up. This isnt capgeek. and if you could there would be ONE other goalie (Clemmenson) while like 8 other teams with goalie issues bid for him
Dale owns him right now. He's ours if we want him, you know that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
  #75
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
free agent goalies

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2012-n...sition/#Goalie

someone please enlighten me
Huet is on that list. I heard that guy wouldn't mind playing in Chicago.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.