HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers qualify Del Zotto,Stralman and Zuccarello

Old
06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
He's stated a million times he wanted to play in the NHL. I assume the reason why he went from being the option IF he left the NHL to leaving was that Rangers told him they would give him a QO two ways. Not sure, but isn't a novelty in the NHL for anybody to claim players with a QO? That pretty much locked him to the Rangers if I understand it right, and why he took off. I guess I'm biased as a Zuke fan, but cannot understand that no other team would want him for a late draft pick. But then they should have done it before telling him to piss off, more or less. But if the rest of the NHL don't see him having any value at all, I guess you're right. Not much else to do than what they did.
if he wanted to play in the NHL so badly,he could have easily asked his agent to request a trade with Sather.
seems like he didnt really want to play in the NHL that badly considering how fast he jumped ship overseas.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
if he wanted to play in the NHL so badly,he could have easily asked his agent to request a trade with Sather.
seems like he didnt really want to play in the NHL that badly considering how fast he jumped ship overseas.
Yep. And Sather definitely would have traded him.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Yep. And Sather definitely would have traded him.
during the regular season word was he asked sather to move him if he wasn't going to play and sather refused.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
during the regular season word was he asked sather to move him if he wasn't going to play and sather refused.
Hmm.. I didn't know that.

Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
link?cause i dont recall hearing anything of the sort

Old
06-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
He said it was the word. That means that at some point someone said it and everyone just accepted it as fact. Just like Rucinsky's gentleman's agreement, Columbus being willing to accept Girardi instead of Tyutin for Zherdev, and Philadelphia wanting to pick Sanguinetti.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He said it was the word. That means that at some point someone said it and everyone just accepted it as fact. Just like Rucinsky's gentleman's agreement, Columbus being willing to accept Girardi instead of Tyutin for Zherdev, and Philadelphia wanting to pick Sanguinetti.
I'm pretty sure it's fact that Philly was about to pick Sanguinetti. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought that that was 100% going to happen if we didn't take Sanguinetti.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
word or not,i still dont believe it.and i certainly dont believe Sather would have refused to trade him full well knowing he wasnt a good fit on this team.

but the good news is,he's gone now.so in the end,it doesnt really matter anymore

Old
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
I'm pretty sure it's fact that Philly was about to pick Sanguinetti. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought that that was 100% going to happen if we didn't take Sanguinetti.
Exactly my point.

It may or may not be true, but it's certainly not a fact.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-0...iroux-scouts/5

Quote:
There was also a lot of talk that the Flyers would have taken Bobby Sanguinetti, a defenseman from Lumberton, N.J., if the Rangers had not chosen him with the pick before theirs. But both Holmgren and Patterson said that was not the case, that while they liked Sanguinetti, they always liked Giroux better.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
don't have one. you're more than welcome to look. pretty sure a beat writer wrote something on it, mighhtttt've just been rumor.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:27 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
He's stated a million times he wanted to play in the NHL. I assume the reason why he went from being the option IF he left the NHL to leaving was that Rangers told him they would give him a QO two ways. Not sure, but isn't a novelty in the NHL for anybody to claim players with a QO? That pretty much locked him to the Rangers if I understand it right, and why he took off. I guess I'm biased as a Zuke fan, but cannot understand that no other team would want him for a late draft pick. But then they should have done it before telling him to piss off, more or less. But if the rest of the NHL don't see him having any value at all, I guess you're right. Not much else to do than what they did.
Except there's no incentive for the Rangers to not trade him if there is an offer of any kind on the table if they knew he was going to bail for overseas. The Rangers aren't stupid. Find me proof that some team was interested and the Rangers said "nah, we'll just sit on his rights, you keep your draft pick"

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

According to his European agent NYR was talking about a one way deal but couldn't decide on an offer while the deal he accepted in khl was the better package deal incl the NHL out clause. Also they got the impression that khl will cut down on foreigners on each team from 5 to 4 so if he wanted a great deal he better sign sooner rather than later..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
According to his European agent NYR was talking about a one way deal but couldn't decide on an offer while the deal he accepted in khl was the better package deal incl the NHL out clause. Also they got the impression that khl will cut down on foreigners on each team from 5 to 4 so if he wanted a great deal he better sign sooner rather than later..
They were actually talking about a one way deal?

This is from the day before (22. March) before he got injured:
http://bluelinestation.com/2012/03/2...anger-revived/
The injury:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=167160
Then Rangers are talking about a one way deal, his European agent tells him what?, and he signs in a hurry for a team in Siberia. Gaborik gets hurts too. Wonder how much his agent makes from this piece of neutral advice, compared to him sticking around for a better chance then ever to make the team, possibly with a one way contract.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:47 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
You are right. He was very dissapointed that he was not delt before trade deadline.
And he was very suprised and very very happy for the re call late in regular season.

I believe his broken wrist destroyed everything.

Edit: I don`t know if Sather refused to trade him or if he couldn`t find the right deal. Maybe there where no teams interessed for what ever price sather was asking for.

Sorry my bad english. I`m in a hurry here at work.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 06-21-2012 at 03:54 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Link to article about zuke's agent and the possible one way deal;

http://www.vg.no/sport/artikkel.php?artid=10050607

Main points from the article;

* Metallurg was the only khl team that offered a "Nhl out" clause, about 6-7 khl teams presented offers..Metallurg was the best package deal (place of stay, pay and role on team etc.)

* Rangers were thinking/talking about a one way deal but couldn't decide

* khl might cut down foreign players from 5 to 4 and the timing for a great deal was now (or at the time of signing)

* zuke's salery (Pay) in khl is the same as it would've been if he gotten a one way deal (Before a raise that is..)

Quote from European Agent (Translated from article);

Quote:

He refutes that New York Rangers offered him a one-way contract, meaning the same salary in the NHL and the farmer made.

- They began to talk about it. But they could not decide it, says Erik Ryman.

He explains the apparent rush transition with the KHL clubs only have the opportunity to use five foreign players, and that number will probably be reduced to four - and the top players virtually standing in line to secure a salary wise very attractive KHL contract.

and original text reads..

Han tilbakeviser også at New York Rangers tilbød ham en enveiskontrakt, det vil si lik lønn i NHL og farmerlaget.

- De begynte å prate om det. Men de kunne ikke bestemme seg for det, sier Erik Ryman.

Han forklarer den åpenbare hastverksovergangen med at KHL-klubbene bare har anledning til å bruke fem utenlandske spillere, og at antallet antagelig vil bli redusert til fire - og toppspillere så å si står i kø for å sikre seg en lønnsmessig meget attraktiv KHL-kontrakt.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
You are right. He was very dissapointed that he was not delt before trade deadline.
And he was very suprised and very very happy for the re call late in regular season.

I believe his broken wrist destroyed everything.

Edit: I don`t know if Sather refused to trade him or if he couldn`t find the right deal. Maybe there where no teams interessed for what ever price sather was asking for.

Sorry my bad english. I`m in a hurry here at work.
probably could've been that nobody wanted to give up what sather wanted, but idk... we weren't using him and ended up not getting anything in return.

wrist certainly helped, but i still feel like he didn't get enough of a chance before the late season call up. going to be a shame if he doesn't come back to this league. he was one of my favorite players on the team.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Well then. Sather said clearly that they wanted to wait until after the season before they made offers, and that he would get an offer. Their hesitation would amount to a week before the Metallurg deal was public. Don't know. It was in his own hands then.
The arguments for signing in a hurry sounds a bit like agent talk to me. - Hurry up, your the fifth best foreigner they can get, you'll never crack top four. Well, it's a new experience for him. He'll be a rich kid. He'll probably make the same amount of money as his 200 closest neigbours, combined. Yet a fraction of his oligark boss. Lost some illisuions as a fan. Cash is king. Same reason it's so hard to rute for Chelsea football club. Some bored oligark spending insane amounts on idiots with a very screwed up image of the world and them selves in it. Hope he makes the best of it though. Up till now, I've been very impressed by his humbleness and sportsmanship. Not that impressed about his agent. I have been drinking BTW. Go Rangers. And must the steal price once again reach old hights, it will surely tricle down somehow. Maybe on Malkin? Couldn't care less about the hockey team though.

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 06-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Fataldogg

Glas to see Stralman qualified. He had a solid season for us, and was one of our best players in the post season. If it wasn't for him, we might not have gotten past Ottawa. Stepped up his game in a big way when we needed it and earned a top 6 position on this team. Should still be a top 6 defense man for us next season.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Glas to see Stralman qualified. He had a solid season for us, and was one of our best players in the post season. If it wasn't for him, we might not have gotten past Ottawa. Stepped up his game in a big way when we needed it and earned a top 6 position on this team. Should still be a top 6 defense man for us next season.

Top 6 defenseman? How do you have a top 6 defenseman when teams only use 6 defensemen? Lol unless you mean he shouldn't be the 7th.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:41 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
General manager Glen Sather told The Post why the Rangers will qualify impending restricted free agent Mats Zuccarello, who has agreed to a lucrative one-year deal with an additional one-year option with KHL Mettalurg Magnitogorsk that contains an NHL out-clause.

The qualifier is a two-way offer as mandated by the CBA for $900,000 on the NHL level and $67,500 on the AHL level.

“So we would keep his rights,” Sather “I understand he has to take the money over there but one day he might want to come back and I want it to be with us.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1ybGXhY40

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:57 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Interesting... Another little bridge between Sather and Torts it seems (Avery, Scott...) on composing the team and then how it is used...kind of makes me wonder.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:00 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Here is a quote the Zuccarello haters ( yes yesterday's Birthday Boy included) might want to read. Speaks volumes for itself IMO:

Quote:
“I really liked the way he looked when he came back up,” Sather said of Zuccarello who recorded 26 points (eight goals, 18 assists) in 52 games over two seasons with the Rangers. “He was stronger, he was smart, he helped us on the power play.

“I’d like to see him come back.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/rangers_select_elite_skater_skjei_yu5ZlOROYki4fc5N RAcV7J#ixzz1yba09MZf

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Haterz will still hate though..

Old
06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
NickyFotiu

I had no idea Zooks only made 67000 if in the AHL. Now I understand his decision. A guys playing career could end tomorrow. He cant risk his financial security for another 2 years.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Here is a quote the Zuccarello haters ( yes yesterday's Birthday Boy included) might want to read. Speaks volumes for itself IMO:
well atleast they kept his rights and he has an out next yr right?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote