HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XI - Luoraker (Mod warning #432)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy View Post
Once again, youre not the GM of the Vancouver Canucks.
none of us are, it's all speculation, it's a but silly to all out one person on speculating.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:27 AM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Liles a bad contract

Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Jrtu

Quote:
What's bewildering is how's Liles and Komisarek equal?
I'd welcome Liles as part of a package but I wouldn't want Komisarek anywhere near this team...

Old
06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
What's bewildering is how's Liles and Komisarek equal?
I'd welcome Liles as part of a package but I wouldn't want Komisarek anywhere near this team...
It's Ed Willes....are we surprised?

So here's a new one:

Liles+Frattin+2012 2nd+2013 1st

As a Canucks fan I could live with that....not at all high on Liles, but he has some Ehrhoff like qualities we missed this past year.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Peasy
Lace Up

vCash: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
none of us are, it's all speculation, it's a but silly to all out one person on speculating.
Really? I thought you guys were GMs my bad.

wut? @ the bold.

The way the dude wrote it, "Were not taking Komisarek back." Not something along the lines like "IMO i would not want Komisarek in a trade."

Old
06-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Tuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

So here's a new one:

As a Canucks fan I could live with that....not at all high on Liles, but he has some Ehrhoff like qualities we missed this past year.
As a leafs fan I would be extremely upset with a package like that for luongo.

Just when we start making progress with ashton, colbourne, lombardi etc we get thrown overboard by way off proposals. Its happening from both sides not just you

Old
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Quote:
That's hilarious that you just quoted Ed Willis of all people to try to prove your point.... he's one of the most uninformed and worst hockey journalists around the NHL.

If he suggests a way that something could happen, you can guarantee that it won't.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Gillis held onto both Schneider and Luongo and traded one of them when another team realizes they have goaltending issues next year. Since Gillis has been here, everyone said "Oh, he'll trade Schneider at the Draft.... He'll trade Schneider at the Deadline... etc" and he didn't. He held onto him. Luongo is no different. He doesn't HAVE to trade him right now. If the package that the Leafs are offering are centered some of the pieces that have been suggested in this thread.... then Gillis can wait. And don't tell me he HAS to move one or the other... he doesn't.

The Canucks are a good enough team that even with 9m locked up in Goalie contracts going into next season, they'd still easily make the playoffs. And then at some point when another team loses a goalie due to injury, or because they're just not living up to expectations, they can talk to the Canucks and they can work out a deal where the Canucks will actually get a piece or two they could use.... and not the Schenns or Komisareks of the world.

I love how some people think that trading with the Leafs is Gillis ONLY option! Gillis has proven to be a lot more sly than anyone on these forums when it comes to working deals and around the cap.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
dave babych returns

I like how one Leafs fan quotes Willes to suggest the Canucks will get a poor return for Luongo and another ridicules Willes' characterization of JM Liles contract as bad.

YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO ALWAYS AGREE ON EVERYTHING WTF

Old
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:

So here's a new one:

lol.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuts View Post
As a leafs fan I would be extremely upset with a package like that for luongo.

Just when we start making progress with ashton, colbourne, lombardi etc we get thrown overboard by way off proposals. Its happening from both sides not just you
When one side sees progress, it's pretty likely their isn't common ground.

Ashton, Colborne and Lombardi are of no interest to the majority of Canucks fans...a small minority have waivered from their original positions. I haven't.

Salaried NHL player + top prospect + 1st round pick has always been the package I am seeking.

So delaying the 1st from this year to next costs you a 2nd this year.

Frattin is a more desirable piece as he's shown ability to play at the NHL level (Im not holding my breath for Colborne or Ashton).

I know my view point is unpopular with most Leaf fans, and some Canucks fans who have submitted to you guys...it is what it is.

I'd much rather keep Luongo and flog Schneider to the Blue Jackets for something really good.

Old
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
That's hilarious that you just quoted Ed Willis of all people to try to prove your point.... he's one of the most uninformed and worst hockey journalists around the NHL.
And what point is that? I posted a link to an article and quoted it verbatim. I bolded text to show what Willes thinks the return will be. Again, what point am I trying to prove?

Quote:
If he suggests a way that something could happen, you can guarantee that it won't.
Well, I assume he knows a little more than you. And guys like McKenzie are saying similar things (i.e. soft deal), so maybe it is you that is misinformed?

Quote:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Gillis held onto both Schneider and Luongo and traded one of them when another team realizes they have goaltending issues next year.
Yeah, that would do wonders for team chemistry. That is exactly what Gillis wants -- the media writing nightly about the goaltending "controversy" and asking if Lu really wants to be there. Exactly what a Stanley Cup contender needs.

Quote:
Since Gillis has been here, everyone said "Oh, he'll trade Schneider at the Draft.... He'll trade Schneider at the Deadline... etc" and he didn't. He held onto him. Luongo is no different. He doesn't HAVE to trade him right now.
Of course, unless Lu has asked to be traded, a point that has probably been made 10,000 times. Vancouver fans just don't want to rationalize that, though, so I am not getting into it again.

Quote:
The Canucks are a good enough team that even with 9m locked up in Goalie contracts going into next season, they'd still easily make the playoffs.
That's just stupid business, and I am guessing Gillis is al little more intelligent that that. A Stanley Cup contender should have loftier expectations than "easily making the playoffs."

Quote:
I love how some people think that trading with the Leafs is Gillis ONLY option! Gillis has proven to be a lot more sly than anyone on these forums when it comes to working deals and around the cap.
Who said that? Sure, Gillis is probably a "lot more sly" than anyone on these boards, but I am guessing McKenzie is a lot smarter than anyone around here as well and when he said "soft deal" he didn't say "soft deal only if the Leafs make the trade." So, again, what is your point?

Old
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick
Keep Kessel

Quote:

So here's a new one:

Pass.. You're welcome to keep trying though

Old
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

With the current landscape, if Burke is looking to land the big fish like Luongo, he can be relatively sure that Canucks GM Mike Gillis is bluffing if he says that another team is expressing considerable interest in taking on his decade-long contract. link http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tion/120/45006

Old
06-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
With the current landscape, if Burke is looking to land the big fish like Luongo, he can be relatively sure that Canucks GM Mike Gillis is bluffing if he says that another team is expressing considerable interest in taking on his decade-long contract. link http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tion/120/45006
So a Leafs blogger posts a pro-Leafs, negative value Luongo piece? U don't say.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Mike Augello is not a source. He is a random blogger with no connections that is constantly proven wrong.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
yeah, a blog on hockeybuzz, thats all the proof I need.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
A Toronto based blogger, putting a Leafs spin on something.

Cool.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Gillis held onto both Schneider and Luongo and traded one of them when another team realizes they have goaltending issues next year. Since Gillis has been here, everyone said "Oh, he'll trade Schneider at the Draft.... He'll trade Schneider at the Deadline... etc" and he didn't. He held onto him. Luongo is no different. He doesn't HAVE to trade him right now. If the package that the Leafs are offering are centered some of the pieces that have been suggested in this thread.... then Gillis can wait. And don't tell me he HAS to move one or the other... he doesn't.

The Canucks are a good enough team that even with 9m locked up in Goalie contracts going into next season, they'd still easily make the playoffs. And then at some point when another team loses a goalie due to injury, or because they're just not living up to expectations, they can talk to the Canucks and they can work out a deal where the Canucks will actually get a piece or two they could use.... and not the Schenns or Komisareks of the world.

It isn't just one blogger saying this, it seems to be common knowledge in the hockey community except with Nuck fans LOL link:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tion/120/45006

Old
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:

So here's a new one:

I don't hate it as much as other Leaf fans will.
I dont really view Liles as a bad contract he can be in a deal but I would still want to see one of LAC going your way. Also I would much prefer one of Colbourne or Ashton in there instead of Frattin. The first round pick would have to be top 5 protected as well.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:44 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
It isn't just one blogger saying this, it seems to be common knowledge in the hockey community except with Nuck fans LOL link:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...tion/120/45006
Mike Augello is not considered a valid source.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:

So here's a new one:

You are going to be extremely disappointed in the return if you think the Canucks are getting anywhere close to that. Why in the world do you think the Canucks have any kind of leverage to get anywhere near that package. You ain't getting that from anyone and if it's this or nothing, the Canucks are keeping him

Old
06-18-2012, 01:49 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Gillis himself could be saying the return will not be what is expected by certain Nuck fans and they still wouldn't believe it, hahahahaha. I don't want to take pleasure in a select few of an other fan base feeling ripped but in this case after about a million I told you so!'s it could be nice. To all the Nuck fans who are reasonable and have an understanding of the business dynamic of the situation please try to educate some of the other Nuck fans who expect a top player back. Sure a really solid prospect, the 2nd and either a later rd or low prospect is where its at, or 2 solid prospects ie Colbourne+Kadri+a 3rdish if Komi or Lombardi goes as well.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:50 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
You are going to be extremely disappointed in the return if you think the Canucks are getting anywhere close to that. Why in the world do you think the Canucks have any kind of leverage to get anywhere near that package. You ain't getting that from anyone and if it's this or nothing, the Canucks are keeping him
then they keep him and trade schneider
the canucks are close to a cup, and golatending is the least of their issues
this trade is their one real chance to get the assets to put them over the top
they will not throw him away to the leafs for scraps due to a bad market, Gillis has more respect for him and belief that he can deliver the cup

Old
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I don't hate it as much as other Leaf fans will.
I dont really view Liles as a bad contract he can be in a deal but I would still want to see one of LAC going your way. Also I would much prefer one of Colbourne or Ashton in there instead of Frattin. The first round pick would have to be top 5 protected as well.
So you think a completely different deal would be better? Yeh, I agree too. The one he proposed is ridiculous.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:

So here's a new one:

switch Liles for Schenn, Frattin for Mueller the 2012 2nd for the 2013 2nd and drop the 2013 1st so... Schenn+Mueller+2013 2nd would work

Closed Thread