HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XI - Luoraker (Mod warning #432)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
You think Roy or Hasek would be playing for the same team in a cap world? or that either one would tolerate not being the go to guy?
But that doesn't make either less valuable...

Old
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Apparently the Oilers are on his list. Not sure I'd be willing to pay the price though.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:05 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
But that doesn't make either less valuable...
The 33 year old guy who has lost his job to his backup with ten years left on his deal and 47 million left owing is going to be less valuable to the team he plays for because a quality backup can be had for far less in the way of cap and actual dollars, allowing for that money to be invested in other players for his team.

Your point would be valid if there was no salary cap.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
Your point would be valid if there was no salary cap.
What about Malkin? As a 2C is Malkin less valuable than most 1C's in the league?

Old
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Maybe you could post how you arrived at that ranking. In any event, I believe there was a poll recently on the top goalies on HF and Luongo was ranked 6th or 7th IIRC. I'd say that would be about right if you ignore age. Most people tend to rate goalies on their last season stats so players like Mason, Elliott etc tend to get rated above the legitimate top goalies like Luongo. Scrivens belongs on no list. He's not even in the conversation. He may one day develop into an NHL starter but that is not a certainty.
My list would be:
1.Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller 15.Lou then mix or MAF. Pavlec, Howard, Neimi, Ward, Anderson etc HM Holtby.

Also when I mentioned Scrivens on a list i was considering the long long term.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:11 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
What about Malkin? As a 2C is Malkin less valuable than most 1C's in the league?
Of course not but the fact remains that only one of Luongo or Schneider can be on the ice at any given time during play.

Not really the same situation when discussing a skater vs a netminder.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Someone gets it.

All I ways saying is that you can't use that as an excuse to try and lower his value. The Canucks can easily run with Luongo.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Luongo outplayed Miller in that final game or, at the very least, played him even.

Final regulation shots were 32-32 and 39-36 Canada overall. That game was a flip of the coin, Luongo or no Luongo.
Not even close here's a bit from a story at the time.

""We wanted to throw the puck at the net because it looked like [Luongo] was fighting it."

Canada hit two posts early in the third period on shots from defencemen Shea Weber and Chris Pronger. Patrick Marleau and Heatley had two excellent chances off a Marleau steal, but Miller made stops on both close calls.

The Olympic tournament all-star team was Miller, Ralfaski, Weber, Slovakia's Pavol Demitra, Toews and Parise, with Miller earning MVP honours. Rafalski was named the tournament's top defenceman, while Toews was named the top forward."

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/hockey/st...d-can-usa.html

The Canadian team was all over the Americans and Miller was the only thing that held them in. They were firing pucks at Luongo cause as they said they thought he was fighting the puck. He didnt even react to the rebound he gave up on the tieing goal. All the talk at the time was how amazing Miller had played and he beat Luongo out as the goal tending all star of the tournament.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
My list would be:
1.Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller 15.Lou then mix or MAF. Pavlec, Howard, Neimi, Ward, Anderson etc HM Holtby.

Lol oh my god, what one season does to folks.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
vanwest

Quote:
My list would be:

Wow! I'd say Most of those guys aren't qualified to carry Luongo's jockstrap.
Scrivens does not deserve to be even in the discussion. First he has to prove that he's an NHL goalie.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:17 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oignon Saute View Post
To Van
Schenn
Ashton
Conditional 2013 1st Rounder

To Tor
Luongo
2012 2nd rounder
Conditional 2013 2nd rounder.

If the 1st rounder is a Top 6 pick Vancouver gets a 2nd rounder instead. If the Leafs make the playoffs they receive a 3rd rounder in 2013 instead.
If I'm Gillis, I put that offer on file... See what the tide brings in over the next few months before deciding if it makes sense, or if it should even be considered... What's the rush? Obviously, turn the 2012 2nd rounder to 2013 2nd rounder, and conditional 2013 2nd rounder, to conditional 2014 2nd rounder... Revisit end of next September, or just before / during / end of pre-season?

Old
06-18-2012, 04:19 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Lol oh my god, what one season does to folks.
The Leafs should save their assets and see if they can get Niemi. A Niemi/Scrivens duo would give them two top 15 goalies in case one stumbled.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
freakydave

Quote:
My list would be:

Your list is laughable & I mean lmfao funny --Rask Thomas is taking a year off so why not include Gump Worsley--- hiller elliot halak all ahead of Luongo & miller.
Your being disingenuous or you are a very bad judge of talent-either way nobody will take your opinion of Luongo seriously.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
They were firing pucks at Luongo cause as they said they thought he was fighting the puck. He didnt even react to the rebound he gave up on the tieing goal.
Yes he did. I re-watched the game yesterday and he did react but was moving to his left and couldn't move the other way quickly enough.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
My list would be:

I'd put Luongo ahead of Rask, Hiller, Elliot, Halak, Smith, Kiprusoff, and Miller. Just curious as to why you put those guys ahead of Luongo.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:32 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Wow! I'd say Most of those guys aren't qualified to carry Luongo's jockstrap.
Scrivens does not deserve to be even in the discussion. First he has to prove that he's an NHL goalie.
Quote:
The Leafs should save their assets and see if they can get Niemi. A Niemi/Scrivens duo would give them two top 15 goalies in case one stumbled.
SOO some how you have managed to get that I think Scrivens in a top 15 goalie right now??? So you think Lou is a better goalie than Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak. 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller If I had the choice I would take them over Lou. So who personally do you think out of my top 14 do you feel that Lou is >>>>than?

Old
06-18-2012, 04:35 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Two top AHL goalies maybe, not NHL.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
Your list is laughable & I mean lmfao funny --Rask Thomas is taking a year off so why not include Gump Worsley--- hiller elliot halak all ahead of Luongo & miller.
Your being disingenuous or you are a very bad judge of talent-either way nobody will take your opinion of Luongo seriously.
Did you watch Elliot at all?? Smith??? the only reason PHX was even in the play offs was Smith. Rask is better than Lou its pretty simple, he is younger and better. This isn't about their careers its about who is better right now. If I was given the choice between Thomas and Lou for the cup finals I would take Thomas. My list is based on who i would want reg season and playoffs.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Quote:
My list would be:

You just put together the worst list ever on HFBoards. Congrats bro... that's a hard thing to do.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Zarpan

Quote:
My list would be:

The goalies poll has Luongo at #7 (with Thomas still included). I think that is a much better assessment than your list, which seems to favour short-term results and potential way too much.

I don't think I'd put Elliott and Smith that high since they've had only one good season, and it's questionable whether they'd be able to have that success on other teams. Certainly their past track record is pretty spotty.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
I'd put Luongo ahead of Rask, Hiller, Elliot, Halak, Smith, Kiprusoff, and Miller. Just curious as to why you put those guys ahead of Luongo.
I still feel Lou is a great goalie and 15th best in the world is pretty good, any how IMO. Also I feel that Lou's stats have been padded by the strength of van as a team. If Van had Rask, Elliot, Halak, Smith, Hiller and Miller in 2011 then they won the cup

Old
06-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
I still feel Lou is a great goalie and 15th best in the world is pretty good, any how IMO. Also I feel that Lou's stats have been padded by the strength of van as a team. If Van had Rask, Elliot, Halak, Smith, Hiller and Miller in 2011 then they won the cup
Yeah I always dreamed about building a stanley cup contender around Brian Elliot...

Old
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
You just put together the worst list ever on HFBoards. Congrats bro... that's a hard thing to do.
says the Van fan the same fan base who thinks that any report that indicates the Lou trade situation isn't all roses must be false. Also lists are subjective, that's my opinion and when it comes to goalies the difference between them is fairly small.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
bobbyt91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Yeah I always dreamed about building a stanley cup contender around Brian Elliot...
well lets see how he does next year? I'd bet big $$ that Elliot's GAA with StLouis will be better that Lou's with the Leafs.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Anomander Rake

Quote:
well lets see how he does next year? I'd bet big $$ that Elliot's GAA with StLouis will be better that Lou's with the Leafs.
That's a suckers bet because St. Louis is actually good with or without Elliot.

Closed Thread