HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XI - Luoraker (Mod warning #432)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
SOO some how you have managed to get that I think Scrivens in a top 15 goalie right now??? So you think Lou is a better goalie than Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak. 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller If I had the choice I would take them over Lou. So who personally do you think out of my top 14 do you feel that Lou is >>>>than?

There is nothing I can say about this post...

Old
06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
BowDangles

vCash: 500
I keep hearing the Oilers are on Luo's list. I wonder if these two teams would ever make a deal, i highly doubt it. Gillis would not want to play Lou 6 times a year.

But for all purposes here goes..

To Edm:
Luongo

To Van:
Devan Dubnyk
32nd overall
MPS

The Canucks would virtually take on next to no salary back. Dubnyk is a young developing goaltender who would hopefully challenge for the #1 role in the future. MPS is a highly touted prospect who struggled last year. And the 32nd is essentially a late first.

Old
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
BowDangles

Before Oilers fans start complaining about Luo's contract, just remember that we would be getting a actual #1 goalie (something we have not had in a while) and as long as the cap keeps rising Luo's cap becomes less and less of a factor...

Old
06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
its just not "1 pick" its a top 5 pick, would the canucks be interested lets say leafs were drafting 15th overall instead of 5th ov? obvioulsy not! by reading the posts on this topic, canuck fans would have asked for kessel and gardiner for luongo
When would you like Luongo delivered? If it's June, the offer has to convince Gillis that it is not worth waiting to see if something better comes along the next few months... Does it not? Why would Gillis let go of Luongo cheap, in June, before exhausting the entire offseason first? Why would Gillis give up in June? If it's a few months from now, and still underwhelming offers across the board, then Luongo might be had for some of the Leaf proposals here... Can't have it both ways, IMO... It's not realistic... Toronto can't expect to have Luongo traded ASAP, with an underwhelming return coming the other way... It's one or the other... Offer a lot now, and secure Luongo... Or, don't offer a lot now, and see if you can get Luongo a few months from now, at the end of the offseason, for cheap...

I don't think that a lot of these Leaf proposals are unrealistic (in that, in the right situation, it could happen)... In a perfect storm, they might be realistic... If Luongo is to be traded... If it's determined that Luongo will be a distraction if back on the team next season... If all offers that come for Luongo are equally underwhelming come the end of the offseason, then I think that an underwhelming return might be able to return Luongo... I think where a lot of these Leaf proposals are unrealistic is when they expect that it will get Luongo at the start of the offseason... At the draft? No way, IMHO... To get Luongo at the start of the offseason, the return has to be nice... Otherwise, Gillis will try to take the next few months, and try to maximize the value he can out of Luongo... He's a real patient guy... As long as Burke is prepared to wait the course of the offseason, he might be able to get Luongo at an underwhelming return (assuming Luongo is still available)... Can't blame Gillis for trying to maxmize the value for Luongo though... No reason to rush...

Old
Zarpan

Quote:
SOO some how you have managed to get that I think Scrivens in a top 15 goalie right now??? So you think Lou is a better goalie than Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak. 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller If I had the choice I would take them over Lou. So who personally do you think out of my top 14 do you feel that Lou is >>>>than?
Thomas isn't playing next season.

Rask and Schneider are backups who haven't carried a full starters load in the NHL yet. I think they easily have the potential to be top 10 goalies, but it's a bit premature to rank them that high.

Luongo has a better save percentage than Hiller in each of the last two seasons.

Elliott has played 40 games at a high level, and the rest of his career has been very average. Smith has had one good season as well. I'd pick Luongo over either of them if another team needed a goalie, since I don't think their success would translate to other teams over the long run.

Kiprusoff had slightly better stats than Luongo last year, and was significantly behind the year before. Miller's stats were slightly worse than Luongo's last year. Neither has won a playoff series in a very long time.

Brodeur's regular seasons have been pretty pedestrian lately. Great career, but he is in his twilight now.

Halak's a bit hard to place. Was very good in Montreal, not so good in St Louis until Hitchcock became the coach.

Old
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Before Oilers fans start complaining about Luo's contract, just remember that we would be getting a actual #1 goalie (something we have not had in a while) and as long as the cap keeps rising Luo's cap becomes less and less of a factor...
If Luongo's on his list, every team in the league is on his list...

Old
06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:

Lunquist, rinne, quick, thomas, sure. Price, Kiprusoff, miller, halak...maybe. Everyone else? Are you crazy?

Old
06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
If Luongo's on his list, every team in the league is on his list...
Luongo grew up an Oiler fan. Grant Fuhr is his hero.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:01 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
I keep hearing the Oilers are on Luo's list. I wonder if these two teams would ever make a deal, i highly doubt it. Gillis would not want to play Lou 6 times a year.

To Edm:
Luongo

To Van:
Devan Dubnyk
32nd overall
MPS

The Canucks would virtually take on next to no salary back. Dubnyk is a young developing goaltender who would hopefully challenge for the #1 role in the future. MPS is a highly touted prospect who struggled last year. And the 32nd is essentially a late first.
I don't see how Canucks fans could complain about a return like that.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Zarpan

Quote:
well lets see how he does next year? I'd bet big $$ that Elliot's GAA with StLouis will be better that Lou's with the Leafs.
And I'd bet big $$ that Elliott's GAA with the Leafs would be worse than Lou's with St. Louis, Vancouver, or really most of the teams in the league.

You realize that Reimer faced around 25% more shots per minute than Elliott did, right?

Old
06-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Numbers

I was reading an article in the Toronto Sun saying that because Vokoun and Lindback are gone the Leafs are in stronger negotiation stand point in regards to Luongo.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/16...ongo-trade-now

Yes TB might be out, but we have known that for a while now. It is absolutely ridiculous though to consider this help the Leafs.

No wonder many Leaf fans undervalue Luongo when local media is writing this garbage.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
I don't see how Canucks fans could complain about a return like that.
Its not a bad return but I don't see it addressing any major needs for Vancouver.

I think most are comfortable with a Schneider-Lack duo next year so we dont have a lot of interest in Dubnyk.

MPS is a good prospect but I dont see him being a lock for our team anytime soon, or a prospect we need.

I think its not bad value but not really a package Vancouver needs...

Old
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
My list would be:
1.Lundqvist 2.Rinne 3.Quick 4.Thomas 5.Price 6.Rask 7.Brodeur 8.Hiller 9.Elliot 10.Halak 11.Schneider 12.Smith 13.Kiprusoff 14.Miller 15.Lou then mix or MAF. Pavlec, Howard, Neimi, Ward, Anderson etc HM Holtby.

Also when I mentioned Scrivens on a list i was considering the long long term.
My bro is a Ducks fan, and would not put Hiller anywhere near #8 Mise well put Vokoun in Top 10, one off year last year. Elliot,Smith, Rask and others are not ahead of Kipper, Luongo and Miller...it's called "body of work". Thomas drops back, and you are basing Brodeur ranking off of playoffs...he has slipped back further.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Numbers

Quote:

To Edm:
Luongo

To Van:
Devan Dubnyk
32nd overall
MPS

Keep Dubnyk he is more valuable to you guys then us. Give us Khabibulin if you do not want him and we will dump him in minors, loan to KHL, or flip for cheap return. Then to balance out the removal of Dubnyk and salary dump, add gagner and I think we got a deal.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Luongo grew up an Oiler fan. Grant Fuhr is his hero.
Yes, I realize that... It's also his goal to win the Stanley Cup (fact is, Edmonton is a lottery pick team and he's 33), and if being traded, he would probably much prefer to be closer to home... Also, if his wife hates Vancouver weather, she'll really hate Edmonton weather... and I won't get into the lifestyle alternatives between Edmonton and other places around the league...

IMO, if Edmonton is on his list, Luongo can see the good parts in playing anywhere... Not saying Edmonton is the worst place in the league to play... or is hideous... just not a place that screams an aging star with Stanley Cup aspirations wants to go to on a short list - unless from Edmonton... It's great if Edmonton is on his list... If Luongo is getting traded, and if he has a list, I hope that Edmonton is on it... If Luongo is willing to go to Edmonton, why not Columbus?

Old
06-18-2012, 06:15 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Its not a bad return but I don't see it addressing any major needs for Vancouver.

I think most are comfortable with a Schneider-Lack duo next year so we dont have a lot of interest in Dubnyk.

MPS is a good prospect but I dont see him being a lock for our team anytime soon, or a prospect we need.

I think its not bad value but not really a package Vancouver needs...

What are Van's needs exactly?

Old
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Yes, I realize that... It's also his goal to win the Stanley Cup (fact is, Edmonton is a lottery pick team and he's 33), and if being traded, he would probably much prefer to be closer to home... Also, if his wife hates Vancouver weather, she'll really hate Edmonton weather... and I won't get into the lifestyle alternatives between Edmonton and other places around the league...

IMO, if Edmonton is on his list, Luongo can see the good parts in playing anywhere... Not saying Edmonton is the worst place in the league to play... or is hideous... just not a place that screams an aging star with Stanley Cup aspirations wants to go to on a short list - unless from Edmonton... It's great if Edmonton is on his list... If Luongo is getting traded, and if he has a list, I hope that Edmonton is... If Luongo is willing to go to Edmonton, why not Columbus?
The only reason I can see Luongo wanting to go to Edmonton is because Edmonton has one of the brightest futures in the league.

Luongo has a contract with a big amount of years left on it and if he thinks Edmonton is going to be competing in 2-3 years for a long time why not want to play there?

Also Edmonton's biggest needs are defence and goaltending so if he fills one of those holes it puts Edmonton closer to the playoffs

Old
06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
freakydave

Quote:
What are Van's needs exactly?
A 2nd pairing RH Dman/top 6 fwd

Old
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
The only reason I can see Luongo wanting to go to Edmonton is because Edmonton has one of the brightest futures in the league.

Luongo has a contract with a big amount of years left on it and if he thinks Edmonton is going to be competing in 2-3 years for a long time why not want to play there?

Also Edmonton's biggest needs are defence and goaltending so if he fills one of those holes it puts Edmonton closer to the playoffs
Sounds great to me... If getting traded, the more on his list, the better I like it...

Old
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Zarpan

Quote:

To Edm:
Luongo

To Van:
Devan Dubnyk
32nd overall
MPS

That's not too bad. I think MPS might be too much like Raymond unless he decides to start driving to the net more though. He might end up as another whipping boy on the Canucks.

Not sure I'd want Luongo in the same division either, especially if Edmonton develops a semblance of a good defense as well.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
This.

Gagner may be an interestingpiece either as a 3C or if Kesler moved to the wing.

Obvioysly Edmonton/Van wont address any needs on defense but using Gagne as a focal point may be a good place to start?

Gagne + 2nd Roud 2012 and a lottery protected 1st in 2013?

Just spitballin here

Old
06-18-2012, 06:21 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
All right so what about something along these lines

To Edm:
Luongo
Salary dump

To Van:
Sam Gagner
32 overall
Khabibulin

Gagner would fill the 2C role until Kesler gets back than he can play RW. Khabi would be a salary dump from Edmonton to be waived or buried by Van for the last year in his contract.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I was reading an article in the Toronto Sun saying that because Vokoun and Lindback are gone the Leafs are in stronger negotiation stand point in regards to Luongo.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/16...ongo-trade-now

Yes TB might be out, but we have known that for a while now. It is absolutely ridiculous though to consider this help the Leafs.

No wonder many Leaf fans undervalue Luongo when local media is writing this garbage.
Of course it helps the Leafs, there were only a few buyers and now 1 more is gone. Since there are UFA goalies the Leafs can get slightly better by getting a UFA while the Nucks still have the cap tied up with Lou. Basically Van has less options to trade Lou to than the Leafs do with goalies. Sure Lou may be the best one available but if the price isn't right it hurts Burke less to walk.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
MessierII

Quote:

IMO, if Edmonton is on his list, Luongo can see the good parts in playing anywhere... Not saying Edmonton is the worst place in the league to play... or is hideous... just not a place that screams an aging star with Stanley Cup aspirations wants to go to on a short list - unless from Edmonton... It's great if Edmonton is on his list... If Luongo is getting traded, and if he has a list, I hope that Edmonton is on it... If Luongo is willing to go to Edmonton, why not Columbus?
Because he didn't grow up a blue jackets fan and anyone with half a brain knows that Edmonton + Luongo = instant playoff contender. Edmonton is a team on the cusp as much as HF refuses to acknowledge it any knowledgable hockey fan knows this team is only a few peices away from being a legitimate threat for the cup.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Gagner would fill the 2C role until Kesler gets back than he can play RW. Khabi would be a salary dump from Edmonton to be waived or buried by Van for the last year in his contract.
With Lack coming up next year we will need a Wolves starter so Khabibulin could be desirable.

Thoughts on

Gagner + 2012 2nd + 2013 Lottery Protected 1st?

Closed Thread