HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason move predictions

Old
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPete96 View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

Traded: Franzen, Kindl, Tatar, Jurco, and 2013 1st to Anahiem for Bobby Ryan
That's insane. That's so one sided that Anaheim would take pity on us and tell us to regroup and try again.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
That's insane. That's so one sided that Anaheim would take pity on us and tell us to regroup and try again.
yah that is quite a bit for bobby ryan

i do love the idea of getting him and would gladly hand over franzen to do so but man thats too much for one guy

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
flame away

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.200m)
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Ryan Suter ($6.900m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Greg Zanon ($1.500m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Cristobal Huet ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,092,045; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,207,955

I know we won't sign all three of those guys, but I thought it was fun to play around with. With Eaves, I just don't have faith that his health will allow him to return. And I move White for a pick to make room for Zanon. What I found myself wanting to do was ditching both Quincey and White, but that just seemed too unlikely even for this roster.

Also, looking for some flak for the idea of bringing in Huet.

06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Switch Cleary and Franzen, find a better backup than Huet (any particular reason you chose him?) and I'd be more than happy with that lineup.

Of course, signing all three of the top FA's this summer is never going to happen. Suter is a possibility, maybe even Semin, but Parise on top of that? Yeah, not happening.

My ideal lineup:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Semin
Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Prust-Abdelkader-Cleary
Mursak (rotate in 4th line), Tatar (rotate in 3rd line)

Suter-White
Kronwall-Smith
Quincey-Ericsson
Kindl (rotate with Smith/Quincey)

Howard
Hedberg

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Switch Cleary and Franzen, find a better backup than Huet (any particular reason you chose him?) and I'd be more than happy with that lineup.

Of course, signing all three of the top FA's this summer is never going to happen. Suter is a possibility, maybe even Semin, but Parise on top of that? Yeah, not happening.

My ideal lineup:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Semin
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Prust-Abdelkader-Cleary

Suter-White
Kronwall-Smith
Quincey-Ericsson

Howard
Hedberg
cheap, former starter, and likely to still be there in August when Holland usually gets around to finding a backup goalie. Also, he wasn't that bad before the hawks exiled him. He wasn't nearly $6m good, but he was a lot better than Conklin.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Huet wasn't ever that bad when I watched him. I wouldn't pay him 6 mil but he was hung out to dry. I wouldn't have a gripe about giving him a shot. If he plays lights out we could trade him at the deadline. Backup goalies don't matter much from the end of March on.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

i want a 1st rounder back so
-quincey plus emmerton to buffalo for the 21st overall pick(nashville's)

i want the rights to alex semin so
-mursak to washington for rights to semin

eaves has got to go as well as their isnt room for him, maybe get a mid round pick

huet as a backup isnt a bad idea

adding nquist and semin to our top 6 would be huge

adding penner and prust to our bottom 6 is EXACTLY what babcock has been asking for and EXACTLY what we need

adding Jurcina to our defence gives us a bit more stability on the backend

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.200m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Dustin Penner ($3.950m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($1.000m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.200m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Milan Jurcina ($2.000m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Cristobal Huet ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,433,712; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,866,288

Old
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
cheap, former starter, and likely to still be there in August when Holland usually gets around to finding a backup goalie. Also, he wasn't that bad before the hawks exiled him. He wasn't nearly $6m good, but he was a lot better than Conklin.
He hasn't played in the NHL for two full seasons, his last respectable season was in 2007-2008. He's old too. I rather go for:

C. Mason
Ellis
Hedberg
Clemmensen
Biron

Hell, even Gustavsson. He's still young, maybe he just needs a change in scenery. Salary is not an issue, I rather put up another 750k and get a decent backup.

Worse comes to worse, you stick with MacDonald who wasn't horrible when called upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
Huet wasn't ever that bad when I watched him. I wouldn't pay him 6 mil but he was hung out to dry. I wouldn't have a gripe about giving him a shot. If he plays lights out we could trade him at the deadline. Backup goalies don't matter much from the end of March on.
They don't matter much if your starting goaltender isn't injured or out of form. But during the whole regular season you need your backup to take at least 25-30 games off your number one tender and do well.

I just don't trust someone like Huet to handle that.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Well I'm obviously saying if he can do it, then trading him at the deadline wouldn't matter much. That was my point.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
He hasn't played in the NHL for two full seasons, his last respectable season was in 2007-2008. He's old too. I rather go for:

C. Mason
Ellis
Hedberg
Clemmensen
Biron

Hell, even Gustavsson. He's still young, maybe he just needs a change in scenery. Salary is not an issue, I rather put up another 750k and get a decent backup.

Worse comes to worse, you stick with MacDonald who wasn't horrible when called upon.
I'd be pretty okay with any of those options, too. Given how deep the goalie pool is, and how Holland seems to loath to pay a penny more than he has to for a backup goalie, I think it's going to be the best of whoever is left late in the summer.

Quote:
My ideal lineup:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Semin
Miller-Helm-Bertuzzi
Prust-Abdelkader-Cleary

Suter-White
Kronwall-Smith
Quincey-Ericsson

Howard
Hedberg
I meant to comment about this in my earlier post but I realize I didn't. I'm actually okay going into the season with that defense group. It's not my favorite, but I don't think it's as rough as I get the impression some others see it.

With the forwards, I think Nyquist has the chops to play in the top6, but I think he'd have an easier time getting used to the NHL on the third line. I'd consider bumping him down, moving either Cleary or Bert up, benching Miller and starting Tatar (may as well, if he's with the Wings and not in GR). Maybe something like this for a bottom6:

Nyquist-Helm-Bert
Prust-Abdelkader-Tatar

Let the kids provide some jump/offense from the bottom6, and/or work their way into bigger roles as the season goes on. Maybe Nyquist could end up in the top6 with Tatar sliding up onto the third line and someone else getting bumped down to the fourth.

Last edited by Winger98: 06-21-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old
06-21-2012, 05:10 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
i want a 1st rounder back so
-quincey plus emmerton to buffalo for the 21st overall pick(nashville's)
Doubt that package gives you a 1st.

Quote:
i want the rights to alex semin so
-mursak to washington for rights to semin
Maybe.

Quote:
eaves has got to go as well as their isnt room for him, maybe get a mid round pick
I think there's room for him - especially since we're now dumping three of the foursome of Miller, Eaves, Emmerton and Mursak that you enjoy tearing down. Besides that, with him out with a concussion, there's no way he's even worth that.

Quote:
huet as a backup isnt a bad idea
You lost me. I'd rather just have Conklin back and overwork Jimmy again if he's our best option for a backup.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post

Maybe.

I think there's room for him - especially since we're now dumping three of the foursome of Miller, Eaves, Emmerton and Mursak that you enjoy tearing down. Besides that, with him out with a concussion, there's no way he's even worth that.

You lost me. I'd rather just have Conklin back and overwork Jimmy again if he's our best option for a backup.
maybe it wont work which i would like to know why given we gave up the 19th pick for quincey alone and it was alluded to as a brillant/spectacular move by some

millera, eaves, emmertona nd mursak simply arent good enough, they are not skilled enough nor tough enough nor physical enough nor capable of contributing enough offence nor gritty enough to form 75% of your bottom 6, thats fact and is of no dispute.

huet i admit isnt the best but if you think he isnt better then conklin then your nuts

Old
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
maybe it wont work which i would like to know why given we gave up the 19th pick for quincey alone and it was alluded to as a brillant/spectacular move by some
I hope you're not crazy enough to think Holland is going to trade Quincey away now. Because in spite of your wishes, he isn't.

Quote:
millera, eaves, emmertona nd mursak simply arent good enough, they are not skilled enough nor tough enough nor physical enough nor capable of contributing enough offence nor gritty enough to form 75% of your bottom 6, thats fact and is of no dispute.
Funny - because our PK really suffered without Eaves most of the season. That's fact and is of no dispute.

Quote:
huet i admit isnt the best but if you think he isnt better then conklin then your nuts
No, I'm not nuts, but thank you for your inquiry into my mental health. There has to be a reason Chicago couldn't find a taker for him other than his ****** contract: it's quite simple, and it's that he's just not good enough for the NHL

Old
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
I hope you're not crazy enough to think Holland is going to trade Quincey away now. Because in spite of your wishes, he isn't.

Funny - because our PK really suffered without Eaves most of the season. That's fact and is of no dispute.

No, I'm not nuts, but thank you for your inquiry into my mental health. There has to be a reason Chicago couldn't find a taker for him other than his ****** contract: it's quite simple, and it's that he's just not good enough for the NHL
is that because he is trying to save face or because he thinks is worth more then a 1st round pick(remember you said no chance quincey and emmerton could land a 1st rd pick)?

pk? who cares that is not the reason we were embarrassed and not the reason why our coach has begged for some more depth and size up front in particular our bottom 6.

chicago couldnt find any takers for a 6 MILLION dollar goalie, to which no wonder they couldnt. a 750k Huet though is a whole other story, fyi, no team would pay Howard 6 million a season, dosent mean he is crap

Old
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Comparing Conklin to Huet is ********. Sorry but it is. One is a guy who played mediocre who we think played horribly because we're picky little babies. The other is a guy who we haven't seen play in the NHL in years who probably was hard to judge for people who saw him play, nevermind us who didn't.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
is that because he is trying to save face or because he thinks is worth more then a 1st round pick(remember you said no chance quincey and emmerton could land a 1st rd pick)?
I don't think Quincey gets moved because it'd be difficult to find a better D at his expected salary elsewhere. If we make some other moves and we need to drop salary and it makes sense to move him, I'm sure he'd be available, but I think it would take a special set of circumstances. I still think White is first on the exit list, despite his being our only righty.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
I don't think Quincey gets moved because it'd be difficult to find a better D at his expected salary elsewhere. If we make some other moves and we need to drop salary and it makes sense to move him, I'm sure he'd be available, but I think it would take a special set of circumstances. I still think White is first on the exit list, despite his being our only righty.
I think this year we find out how important Lidstrom was to the success that White had. And that said, I think White becomes a trade deadline piece.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
despite some pouncing all over me, its not that i dont think Quincey is good, its just that my proposal was based on my desire to see us get back into the 1st rd with Quincey being our best tradeable asset(that i can see us actually move)

white was solid because of lidstrom and lidstrom only

Old
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Quote:
despite some pouncing all over me, its not that i dont think Quincey is good, its just that my proposal was based on my desire to see us get back into the 1st rd with Quincey being our best tradeable asset(that i can see us actually move)

white was solid because of lidstrom and lidstrom only
I didn't mean to pile on, and I agree with you and Bench about White. While I wouldn't mind seeing Q moved, I just have a hard time seeing Holland doing it for the reasons I've already stated. It could be interesting this summer, though.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:24 PM
sarcastro

Quote:

Maybe.

I think if someone offered the Caps an empty Tim Horton's cup for Semin, they'd take it. They have no plans to sign him so I'm sure they'd love to take anything they can get for his rights before the deadline.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I think if someone offered the Caps an empty Tim Horton's cup for Semin, they'd take it. They have no plans to sign him so I'm sure they'd love to take anything they can get for his rights before the deadline.
I've been saying it: Hudler's rights for Semin's rights.

Or we could send them SJ's conditional 7th.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
I've been saying it: Hudler's rights for Semin's rights.

Or we could send them SJ's conditional 7th.
Or just wait until July 1st and hope Parise is available instead of signing Semin and leaving no room for Parise since Holland most likely won't trade the guys necessary to make room.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Frk It
#TwentyFour

Has anyone else heard of these rumors that Parise got traded to the Avs?

Sources do not seem credible, I know, but I wonder if there is any weight to it?

http://www.rantsports.com/fiveholedi...ado-avalanche/

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
Has anyone else heard of these rumors that Parise got traded to the Avs?

Sources do not seem credible, I know, but I wonder if there is any weight to it?

http://www.rantsports.com/fiveholedi...ado-avalanche/
I highly, highly doubt it.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Colorado is a legit contender for Parise's services.

I would not be surprised if this or something like it were true to became true