HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

10,000 part XXX: Summer time, and the living is easy. But news is slow

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 01:47 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
They will probably be rebooting batman in 5 years.
Or less, it's already planned.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:22 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Old
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...

vCash: 1004
Quote:
If I see the name Schumacher anywhere near that I will punch a nun

Old
08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Probably sooner. They have to if they want to make a JL movie.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Probably sooner. They have to if they want to make a JL movie.
Not necessarily. Depends how creative or ballsy the producers of the JL movie will be. There are ways to incorporate Nolan's Batman world into a JL movie.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Not necessarily. Depends how creative or ballsy the producers of the JL movie will be. There are ways to incorporate Nolan's Batman world into a JL movie.
They really can't unless they want to recreate the JL which would be a dumb idea. JL Batman is completely different.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
They really can't unless they want to recreate the JL which would be a dumb idea. JL Batman is completely different.
Spoil:
Well, Bruce Wayne isn't Batman anymore in Nolan's world, so in a sense Nolan has already rebooted Batman.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:30 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Well, Bruce Wayne isn't Batman anymore in Nolan's world, so in a sense Nolan has already rebooted Batman.
I didn't watch the TDR yet so I don't even know what that means. Spoilers?

Regardless, Nolan's Batman doesn't fit in the JL universe.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
I didn't watch the TDR yet so I don't even know what that means. Spoilers?

Regardless, Nolan's Batman doesn't fit in the JL universe.
Oops, thought you already had. Added spoiler tags.

And if you watch TDKR, you will see what I mean. It's quite possible.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Well JGL would have to be Nightwing. If its Superman vs Batman in the Nolan verse I will lose my ****. Bringing any mystical powers to the nolanverse is just a terrible idea.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Oops, thought you already had. Added spoiler tags.

And if you watch TDKR, you will see what I mean. It's quite possible.
Way to spoil the movie.

And again, regardless, the whole Nolan universe doesn't fit into the JL universe.

Old
08-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Well JGL would have to be Nightwing. If its Superman vs Batman in the Nolan verse I will lose my ****. Bringing any mystical powers to the nolanverse is just a terrible idea.
The Nolanverse still had Ra's Al Ghul and all that stuff. It's not devoid of supernatural or "superhuman" forces. They could conceivably make them co-exist. It wouldn't be easy, but if they were dead set on preserving Nolan's world, they could.

Quote:
Way to spoil the movie.

And again, regardless, the whole Nolan universe doesn't fit into the JL universe.
Sorry.

Old
08-02-2012, 06:51 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
The Nolanverse still had Ra's Al Ghul and all that stuff. It's not devoid of supernatural or "superhuman" forces. They could conceivably make them co-exist. It wouldn't be easy, but if they were dead set on preserving Nolan's world, they could.

Sorry.
but it was Ra's Al Ghul without all the supernatural. There was never any mention of him being functionally immortal, the lazarus pit, etc. He was just the man who led the League of Shadows during the time of the movies. Absolutely nothing that was done surrounding him across the entire trilogy required the explicit or implicit assumption that any or all of the standard comic-verse Ra's' mystical elements were present or even required.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
08-02-2012, 07:02 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

brodiebrazilCSN: I'm going to get this hat for @logancouture. Big series this weekend! http://t.co/NYWSIh4K 2:47pm, Aug 02 from Instagram

Logancouture: @brodiebrazilCSN looks nice sir 4:49pm, Aug 02 from Twitter for iPhone

Old
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Even if you accept that the Nolan DC universe to date has no supernatural/superhuman forces, that doesn't mean that the Nolan DC universe cannot have Kal-El land here in Smallville. What kind of faulty logic is that? If you have some movies "grounded in reality," all of a sudden you can't introduce aliens, especially a particular alien who is representative of the DC universe? Come on. We're not talking about the ****-age of Indiana Jones with that Indy 4 crap, these are movies based on DC comics.

And I'm sure you guys know that next year's Superman reboot, Man of Steel, is from Chris Nolan. No, he's not directing, but he has the main story credit (along with David Goyer, one of the story credit guys on the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy). I saw the Man of Steel panel at this year's Comic-Con. Zach Snyder (director of Man of Steel) said that Nolan called him and said, "I have an idea for a Superman film." They then met up, discussed it, and the rest is history.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Even if you accept that the Nolan DC universe to date has no supernatural/superhuman forces, that doesn't mean that the Nolan DC universe cannot have Kal-El land here in Smallville. What kind of faulty logic is that? If you have some movies "grounded in reality," all of a sudden you can't introduce aliens, especially a particular alien who is representative of the DC universe? Come on. We're not talking about the ****-age of Indiana Jones with that Indy 4 crap, these are movies based on DC comics.

And I'm sure you guys know that next year's Superman reboot, Man of Steel, is from Chris Nolan. No, he's not directing, but he has the main story credit (along with David Goyer, one of the story credit guys on the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy). I saw the Man of Steel panel at this year's Comic-Con. Zach Snyder (director of Man of Steel) said that Nolan called him and said, "I have an idea for a Superman film." They then met up, discussed it, and the rest is history.
So the Alien that does little whirlybirds in the sky and can pick up buildings is going to co exsist in the same world as Nolans Batman? How could you possibily take any realism from that at all? Smallville would be more 'dark and gritty' than that movie.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
So the Alien that does little whirlybirds in the sky and can pick up buildings is going to co exsist in the same world as Nolans Batman? How could you possibily take any realism from that at all? Smallville would be more 'dark and gritty' than that movie.
Why can't an alien be real in Nolan's Batman universe? It's not like there was a scene in any part of the trilogy that conclusively ruled out aliens. Sorry if that was a spoiler on TDKR.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:19 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Superman is a boring super hero. There I said it.

Old
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Why can't an alien be real in Nolan's Batman universe? It's not like there was a scene in any part of the trilogy that conclusively ruled out aliens. Sorry if that was a spoiler on TDKR.
It's not only the alien/supernatural stuff. Nolan's Batman is a completely different character than the JL Batman. Using Nolan's Batman in the JL would just be a bad move.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
but it was Ra's Al Ghul without all the supernatural. There was never any mention of him being functionally immortal, the lazarus pit, etc. He was just the man who led the League of Shadows during the time of the movies. Absolutely nothing that was done surrounding him across the entire trilogy required the explicit or implicit assumption that any or all of the standard comic-verse Ra's' mystical elements were present or even required.
All I'm saying is that the two worlds are not mutually exclusive. There is room for overlap, and where that room is, if the writers decided they wanted to, they could have a JL movie.

Quote:
It's not only the alien/supernatural stuff. Nolan's Batman is a completely different character than the JL Batman. Using Nolan's Batman in the JL would just be a bad move.
At the risk of more spoilers, I don't think this is as important now after TDKR as it was before. There is plenty of room for a JL movie in Nolan's world after TDKR that wouldn't be completely out to lunch on established characters.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Superman is a boring super hero. There I said it.
Beyond boring hes one of the worst and most overrated constantly.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Beyond boring hes one of the worst and most overrated constantly.
He's boring on screen because none of the movies made with him so far have had any interest in showing any sort of compelling character conflict or presenting a true dilemma for Superman. The movies so far were either made during a time when cheesy action was acceptable, or was just an excuse to show off what was supposed to be awesome CGI.

With Nolan and Goyer on board, Man of Steel should be a good movie.

It's why I'm also hoping EON signs the pair for Bond 24. With the way epic movies are being made these days, Skyfall with Mendes and Bond 24 with Nolan could be sweet.

Old
08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

Quote:
He's boring on screen because none of the movies made with him so far have had any interest in showing any sort of compelling character conflict or presenting a true dilemma for Superman. The movies so far were either made during a time when cheesy action was acceptable, or was just an excuse to show off what was supposed to be awesome CGI.

With Nolan and Goyer on board, Man of Steel should be a good movie.

It's why I'm also hoping EON signs the pair for Bond 24. With the way epic movies are being made these days, Skyfall with Mendes and Bond 24 with Nolan could be sweet.
Problem is, he's also boring in the comics.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Problem is, he's also boring in the comics.
I won't like; I can't completely disagree with you here either.

But my faith is in Nolan being able to come up with an idea that is more compelling.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

I don't see how they can make him even mildly realistic. He would either need to be stripped of his powers or not found them all yet.(sigh at the use of that again)

My main issue with him is all the villains don't translate well to the big screen. The best were Luthor and a super computer.

Oh well

Closed Thread