Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 12:32 AM
gongshow519

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
As for Why Andreas Athanasiou was traded

He did ask for a trade to return closer to home. From what I was able to see, he was never really close to the guys like teammates should be, he does not attend the same school as most and the school he is at, he is the only knight there. Similar situation to Jake Worrad, GREAT KID, but did not connect with the players. Jake Worrad attended Saunders and between classes when all the Knights hang out, Jake would walk by his teammates with other friends on the way to class. When asked his response was "Gotta get my marks up" Good kids, just Did not mesh with the team.
I thought every knight goes to Saunders? Like it's not an option unless your from london

Old
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow519 View Post
I thought every knight goes to Saunders? Like it's not an option unless your from london
Knights at Saunders last year: Chris Tierney, Bo Horvat, Max Domi, Ryan Rupert, Matt Rupert, Seth Griffith, Scott Harrington, Olli Maatta, Jake Patterson, Kevin Raine and Josh Anderson.

Knights at STA: Chase Hatcher (before trade), Brett Welychka

The rest were at University or not attending school. Andreas Athanasiou went to some religious school.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
KnightsInsider93

As for London Knights Camp Day One

Noteables:

-Former Goalie call-up Mark Foley (Lambton Shores Predators) is NOT at camp.
-Former Forward call-up Noah Schwartz (London Nationals) is NOT at camp.
-Lots of siblings at Camp- Remi (5th Round 2011) and Tristen Elie (15th Round 2012), Matt and Ryan Rupert as well as Miles and Dillon Liberati.
-Vladislav Namestnikov is in attendance
-Tait Seguin (2011 6th Round) Is in attendance
-Marselis Subban (2011 5th Round) is in attendance

Standouts!

-Nikita Zadorov (6'4 200lbs at last check at import draft) and Tommy Hughes (6'2 215Ibs) playing together on the 2nd D pairing in the scrimmage. Total weight- 415lbs and an average height of 6'3. That would be a TOUGH line to play against.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:57 AM
KnightsInsider93

My mistake, It is Dillon Liberty not Dillon Liberati

Old
08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
aresknights

First scrimmages over. I expect the intensity to pick up this aft and tomorrow now that everyones had a skate.

Ill get a btter look this aft but heres a bit
Zadarov- looks good, has size, moved OK. Hopefully come reg season he picks it up as quick as Matta
Broadhurst- good stick
MacDonald- seems to compete well, bubble guy for now but will be on OHLer
Restoule- got better as scrimmage went on- not sure hell be a reg with the depth at F
Nevins- gets around well enough, one of the few throwing body around (except when he had Anderson on the tracks at centre and didnt finish, glad he didnt thou leave the vets alone lol)- opening shift scrap vs Leroux( not sure his background) Nevins caught him once good.
Liberati- looked ok- shot at 6 or 7 spot
Centorame- looked ok - prolly jr B
Subban- Im thinking no chance
Jammes looked OK- should be in the mix come home opener
Platzer- Ill get acloser look this aft- should be in the mix,
Pawley- ditto
Di lorenzo- MAybe a year away- Ill get a closer look this aft
Remi Elie- seems to have improved skating a bit- bubble guy

Tait Seguin seemed to throw himself around and had a couple hits, maybe a bit small and in tough to get a serious look

Just a quick recap from this morning. Any ?s on specific players jsut ask, heading back out this aft

Old
08-29-2012, 04:46 PM
aresknights

Zadarov will make an impact this year. Good pick Mark.
In no particular order---MacDonald, Elie, Platzer, Jammes, Nevins, Restoule, Pawley, Ferry all looking to impress enough to make the 10-13 F spots on the roster.
Nevins, Jammes, Elie, and maybe Platzer as a guess. I really like MacDonald but hes in tough with the #s game. I guess itll be who steps up tomorrow and thru the exxy sched to see who gets the early nod.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
kenabnrmal

Hey..was in town visiting and took in one of the afternoon skates...one young guy that impressed me was John Schilling on Team Green...#17. Obviously slight because he's very young, but decent height, wasn't afraid to throw his weight around, drove the net consistently, handled the puck well. Any background on him? Did a bit of research and didn't come up with a lot.

Will be back out there tomorrow, and at the two pre-season games this weekend. Great stuff!

Old
08-29-2012, 05:30 PM
aresknights

He showed well for an unknown as did a couple others. Just not sure theres any room, but having said that the Hunters have kept FAs, unknown, under the radar kids before,

Old
08-29-2012, 05:40 PM
KnightsInsider93

Day 1 analysis:

Domi Griffith (BOS) Broadhurst (CHI)
Anderson (CLB) Tierney (SJ) Horvat
Welychka R Rupert (TOR) M Rupert
Restoule Jammes MacDonald

Scratch: Elie, Platzer, Pawley, Nevins
Junior B: Elie, Flemington, Pieter Schinkelshoek, *Tait Seguin* *Adam Arseneault*

*Yet to be contracted*

There are not a lot of spots on the team at the forward position, which will mean a LOT of cuts and unhappy players. Players will go back to Junior B in their respective towns/cities and try again next year and even perhaps be a call up on emergency basis. I believe Remi Elie could use a full Junior B season. As for Platzer and Pawley they could be up and downers just like players like Matt Rupert, Ryan Rupert and Brett Welychka were. This being said, one of them could take Restoule's spot, but if Michael McCarron comes to London expect him to get that spot.

Another side-note: Ryan Rupert, Matt Rupert, and Brett Welychka were all at the Toronto Maple Leafs development camp. Matt and Brett by way of letter invite, and Ryan by way of the entry draft. At this camp they got to spend a week working with one of the best skating coaches in the continent, Barb Underhill, look for major improvement not so much from Brett, but from Matt and Ryan because they are very week on the skating.

Defence

There are really only 2 questions here: what are the lines are. People seem to think that Tyler Ferry is a bubble player, but in order to be a memorial cup team, you need guys like that in there. Tyler Ferry WILL play. The other question is who are the scratches and who are Junior B players.

Harrington (Pit) (6'1 195) Maatta (Pit) (6'2 198) Offense
*Zadorov* (6'4 200) Hughes (6'5 215) Defence
Ferry (5'10 175) Raine (6'1 200) Shutdown

Any Defense that averages 197.2lbs with an average height of over 6’0ft. Is going to be hard to get through.
*Yet to be contracted

Junior B: *Miles Liberati* (1st Call) John Di Lorenzo (2nd Call) Santino Centorame (3rd Call)

Marsellis Subban and Matt Heffernan stood out for me on Defense in Day one of camp.

Another interesting scenario would involve Dale Hunter turning Jack Nevins into a defender. It is do-able.

No questions in Goal. Except for when will Herbst make an appearance.

Bailie
Patterson

Junior B: Liam Herbst

Herbst is still recovering from a surgery. He is at least another 6-8 weeks away from even getting in shape again to play. MIGHT see a few pucks in the OHL around christmas time. Other than that, I think a season in Junior B would work wonders for Liam Herbst.

Things can change tomorrow.
Follow me on Twitter @KnightsInsider for live updates.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Restoule Jammes MacDonald

Scratch: Elie, Platzer, Pawley, Nevins
Junior B: Elie, Flemington, Pieter Schinkelshoek, *Tait Seguin* *Adam Arseneault*
I liked Seguins play (until he got smoked by Leroux in that scrap) Just no room for him.
Agreed on all the F spots you had in the top 9 but Id give Nevins a clear edge for 4th line duty. The others are in a dog fight for the 11-13 F spots. As you said some may work there way into the lineup thru the year. NIce to have quality depth, even if it means some tough decisions.

On D, Im not sold on Ferry. I like the kid, hell do anything hes asked, but I just worry about him battling for loose pucks in his own end. Teams will dump it to his corner and attack. He got moved up front for a good stretch today. Well see where they use him. Maybe a shutdown F again?

Old
08-29-2012, 06:16 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
My mistake, It is Dillon Liberty not Dillon Liberati
and it's Liberti not Liberty

Old
08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I liked Seguins play (until he got smoked by Leroux in that scrap) Just no room for him.
Agreed on all the F spots you had in the top 9 but Id give Nevins a clear edge for 4th line duty. The others are in a dog fight for the 11-13 F spots. As you said some may work there way into the lineup thru the year. NIce to have quality depth, even if it means some tough decisions.

Well see where they use him. Maybe a shutdown F again?
I know, Tait Seguin will be Junior B, that is For Sure.
As for the Ferry situation. I think converting Nevins into a defenseman, would solve that problem that you alluded to.

If Ferry is moved to a forward. That puts MacDonald's spot in jeopardy. I think the players one lines 1-3 are locked in. Line 4 is debatable.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Nevins will not be scratched this season...especially not in favour of Restoule.

Subban will not make this team...and by all accounts didn't even belong on the ice today. Completely outclassed was the word I heard.

Wish I coulda been there to give my insight...love "scouting" these camps.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Nevins will not be scratched this season...especially not in favour of Restoule.
After watching today 100% agreed!!!
He brings a more Physical approach, seemed to get around the ice better and scored a nice
Goal
I won't be shocked if Restoule gets flemmington minutes or is moved eventually

Old
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post

Subban will not make this team...and by all accounts didn't even belong on the ice today. Completely outclassed was the word I heard.

Wish I coulda been there to give my insight...love "scouting" these camps.
Then a 4th line of

Nevins Jammes MacDonald works for me.

I didnt say Subban would make this team. I said look for him to stand out in the next couple days.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
After watching today 100% agreed!!!
He brings a more Physical approach, seemed to get around the ice better and scored a nice
Goal
I won't be shocked if Restoule gets flemmington minutes or is moved eventually
Have I ever mislead anyone when it comes to a player with grit?

Old
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:

I didnt say Subban would make this team. I said look for him to stand out in the next couple days.
Sorry.misunderstood your meaning. If he stands out like he did at mini camp and last season it will be for all the wrong reasons. He's got the last name..but that's where the gene pool ends unfortunately. I just don't see OHL player when I view him.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
KnightsInsider93

Can we agree on a lineup like this.

Domi Griffith Broadhurst
Anderson Tierney Horvat
Welychka Rupert Rupert
Nevins/Restoule Jammes MacDonald

Harrington Maatta
Hughes Zadorov
Ferry/Liberati Raine

Bailie
Patterson

Old
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Subban- Im thinking no chance
That was previously posted thoughts aft today. Too many mistakes, too often caught outta position, lacked hustle at times. Maybe he shows better tomorrow, and I hope he does, but I doubt it.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:34 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Can we agree on a lineup like this.

Domi Griffith Broadhurst
Anderson Tierney Horvat
Welychka Rupert Rupert
Nevins/Restoule Jammes MacDonald

Harrington Maatta
Hughes Zadorov
Ferry/Liberati Raine

Bailie
Patterson
Looks pretty much spot on to what I have penciled in

I see 13 forwards 5 D and Ferry as the wheel man.

Domi/Broadhurst/Griffith
Horvat/Anderson/Tierney
Rupert/Rupert/Welychka
Nevins/Jammes/**MacDonald** (my dark horse I'm putting him in)
Ferry

Harrington/Maatta
Hughes/Raine
Zadorov

Old
08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal View Post
Hey..was in town visiting and took in one of the afternoon skates...one young guy that impressed me was John Schilling on Team Green...#17. Obviously slight because he's very young, but decent height, wasn't afraid to throw his weight around, drove the net consistently, handled the puck well. Any background on him? Did a bit of research and didn't come up with a lot.

Will be back out there tomorrow, and at the two pre-season games this weekend. Great stuff!
He did stand out! Unfortunately I can not find any more on him than you found. Kid is a 95' and went undrafted. This guy could very well be our Josh Anderson, still has more to prove though. Remember, Anderson was passed over in his draft because of lack of size, then he grew a ton, put on some weight and was signed a year later as a free agent.

Follow @KnightsInsider on Twitter

Old
08-29-2012, 07:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Schilling is an undrafted 95 out of Chicago Mission. Leaning more towards the NCAA route I believe. Played AAA for 6 years in the Chicago area.

6 foot around 160lbs C/LW

follow @phlyer_phanatic on Twitter

Old
08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Rojo2255
Rookie User

I know it looks like Bailie and Patterson are going to be the 2 in goal but are there any others that might challenge them for a spot or any of them good enough to go down to Jr B?

Old
08-29-2012, 09:08 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo2255 View Post
I know it looks like Bailie and Patterson are going to be the 2 in goal but are there any others that might challenge them for a spot or any of them good enough to go down to Jr B?
Bailie,Patterson and Herbst will be the trio to wear Knights uniforms this season.

The rest to pick from are:

Nicholas Hodgins
Mitchell Datz
Brandon Campbell
Tyler Parks
Connor Hughes
Trevor Wheaton

Old
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post

Nicholas Hodgins
Mitchell Datz
Brandon Campbell
Tyler Parks
Connor Hughes
Trevor Wheaton
Knights Selected G Eamon McAdam Round 4 in 2010 (Same draft as Tierney, Ruperts, Athanasiou, Troy Donnay and Welychka) He is currently going College route, but with all the players making recent decisions to play CHL don't be surprised if you see his name again. As of right now he is a VERY longshot and do not count on it. Bailie is our guy. As I said earlier, he was drafted ahead of guys like Jeff Skinner, Cam Fowler, John Carlson and Austin Watson. He brings a ton of experience as well as ability because we know the Hunters and goaltending coach Bill Dark don't just bring in anybody. He will step up almost to a Houser level. Bailie is our guy.

Closed Thread