09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Rangers up 1-0

Old
09-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Krishna

I don't know if it's because I am used to stronger NHL skaters, but it seems like OHLers seem to go down easy as hell

Old
09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I don't know if it's because I am used to stronger NHL skaters, but it seems like OHLers seem to go down easy as hell
Well, the ones in the cream coloured jerseys do.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Well, the ones in the cream coloured jerseys do.
Was actually in reference to the Ranger that went down with a light tap of the stick

Probably going down to get PPs since the Rangers can't score 5 on 5

Old
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Krishna

Domi gets 2 minutes for being held up

Old
09-28-2012, 08:05 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Was actually in reference to the Ranger that went down with a light tap of the stick

Probably going down to get PPs since the Rangers can't score 5 on 5
Horvat must just have weak knees.

And yeah, I agree - the Rangers have got to get their 5 on 5 play going or it's going to be a disappointing season.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Krishna

Good period..

Gibson made a few big saves to keep the game tied and then the Rangers scored off the PP

Old
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Krishna

Damn it.

Game plan should be : Stay 5 on 5.

THEY KEEP SCORING ON THE POWERPLAY

STOP GIVING THE PPS

Old
09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Krishna

****ing Gibson.. Dear god

Old
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
mapleleaf979

Seth Griffith was a STEAL in the fifth round for the Bruins. I think he has at least 2nd round quality. HE had 45 snipes and still fell to the fifth round? As a Leaf fan Im more than pissed they didnt take him.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:07 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
****ing Gibson.. Dear god
His name is John, but God will do.

He's amazing - so incredibly calm back there, so solid. He simply doesn't get rattled. Baillie is playing really well, and I hope he's thanking his goalposts too.

Edit: I almost don't know how to act watching my team with a goaltender like this! Thank God one of my teams has one!

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 09-28-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old
09-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Krishna

Gibson go home damn it

Old
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Gibson go home damn it
I'll make you feel better - he's likely to be Team USA's goalie at the WJC.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Krishna

AND THEY SCORE!

Down by 1!

Old
09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Krishna

So close to tying it. Dear god

Old
09-28-2012, 09:47 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

It must feel like a Flyers/Pens game for you, but from the other side.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Krishna

That puck was still free damn it.

Charliegirl, you win this round

Old
09-28-2012, 09:52 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
That puck was still free damn it.

Charliegirl, you win this round
I know you're new to the Knights, but just pay attention to how many PP's they get if they're down a goal and there is 2 minutes left in the game. It's like watching the Pens.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I know you're new to the Knights, but just pay attention to how many PP's they get if they're down a goal and there is 2 minutes left in the game. It's like watching the Pens.
Maybe the other team should take less penalties

Old
09-28-2012, 10:48 PM
KnightsInsider93

At the game tonight. A couple things I noticed:

Knights did not figure out they had to park people in front of Gibson till oh about 10 minutes left in the game. Other than that. Knights outplayed them in the third. Coulda easily taken that one with better passing, less turnovers and more people standing in front (Nevins's job)

Best Player on the ice for London:Kyle Platzer: The whole 4th line was creating and controlling play when they were out. Didn't see much time in 1st or 2nd frames but were put out there in key situations in the 3rd. Kyle got another assist and worked hard all game.

Worst Player on the ice:Bo Horvat BY FAR! Way too many turnovers, Very little hustle clearing the zone on delayed offsides, 2 minute PP shifts, falling, 3 open nets missed. Terribe game. BUT I know he plays a valuable role on the team, If you remember back to last year he did not hit stride till a couple months in. HOWEVER it is not his rookie season anymore and he should not be playing this soft. It took him until halfway through the 3rd period to park his butt in front of the net, After Matt Rupert had to tell him what to do during the timeout. Awful Game.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:36 AM
sportnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
At the game tonight. A couple things I noticed:

Knights did not figure out they had to park people in front of Gibson till oh about 10 minutes left in the game. Other than that. Knights outplayed them in the third. Coulda easily taken that one with better passing, less turnovers and more people standing in front (Nevins's job)

Best Player on the ice for London:Kyle Platzer: The whole 4th line was creating and controlling play when they were out. Didn't see much time in 1st or 2nd frames but were put out there in key situations in the 3rd. Kyle got another assist and worked hard all game.

Worst Player on the ice:Bo Horvat BY FAR! Way too many turnovers, Very little hustle clearing the zone on delayed offsides, 2 minute PP shifts, falling, 3 open nets missed. Terribe game. BUT I know he plays a valuable role on the team, If you remember back to last year he did not hit stride till a couple months in. HOWEVER it is not his rookie season anymore and he should not be playing this soft. It took him until halfway through the 3rd period to park his butt in front of the net, After Matt Rupert had to tell him what to do during the timeout. Awful Game.
Watched the game last night. Horvat certainly didn't play is best hockey. But, we have to remember this kid is only 17 and has played a great deal of hockey in the last year with U17 tryouts, U17 tournament and the U18 in Russia at the end of the summer. And even if Domi has done the same, it doesn't affect everyone the same way and at the same time. Those extras can take the legs right under you sometime for a while. We just have to be patient because he will be a dandy!

Agree with you with the 4th line. But on the other hand, they don't have the choice to prove themselves every night because other players want in and they have to be at their best for the little ice that they do get.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Gibson's Finest.

The Knights weren't beaten by a team last night..they were beaten by one player. John Gibson stole 2 points for his team...end of story. The Rags got outplayed for a good portion of the game(all of the 3rd) and still took 2 points....it happens. I thought Kitchener did their best in their own zone....they cut the lanes well and let Gibson do his job. Gibson was intoxicating and the Knights were sobered by it.

Nevins' hip still isn't 100%...why chance it in a game like that this early in the year. Gotta agree with the status quo...when Nevins is good to go...Restoule comes out.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:45 AM
dino200022

I think two words are able to sum up last nights game "John Gibson"

If Welly could have put that first goal home 30 seconds in to the game it could have been a different outcome. I guess thats why Gibson is a early NHL pick. No fault to Bailie either he played his first good game IMO and kept us in there making a few very nice saves himself.

2 side notes though

1. I don't know if they had too much confidence going in or what it was but they were playing way to cute on the PP and with the puck. Too many careless giveaways last night that seemed to stopped all momentum.

2. Kitchener runs the same power play every powerplay and have been doing so since the Deboer days. Why can London and there coaching staff not figure this out. it pretty much goes High, low, high, low and they will keep working it high low while someone stands in front of the net waiting for the pass...while this is happening a floater sneaks to the other side of the net and is unguarded for the tap in. They draw the PKers over to the side where the guy down low and the D man play catch then they low guy slides a pass across and bam thank you very much. It irks me everytime we play Kitchener because as a fan I already know how they are going to set up so I am hoping the staff will be able to figure it out one day and adjust there pk for this situation and maybe become for aggresive and force the high go to go D to D to throw things off a bit!

Old
09-29-2012, 08:52 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post

2. Kitchener runs the same power play every powerplay and have been doing so since the Deboer days. Why can London and there coaching staff not figure this out. it pretty much goes High, low, high, low and they will keep working it high low while someone stands in front of the net waiting for the pass...while this is happening a floater sneaks to the other side of the net and is unguarded for the tap in. They draw the PKers over to the side where the guy down low and the D man play catch then they low guy slides a pass across and bam thank you very much. It irks me everytime we play Kitchener because as a fan I already know how they are going to set up so I am hoping the staff will be able to figure it out one day and adjust there pk for this situation and maybe become for aggresive and force the high go to go D to D to throw things off a bit!
Maybe the Knights coaching staff is waiting for the Rangers' PP to be as bad as their own.

The Knights don't know how to work a PP...haven't since the Memorial Cup days. News Flash...if it hasn't worked the past 7 seasons...it's not gonna work this year either. Back to basics.... get 2 men in his grill..and pound shots from the perimeter. Rupert in front?...please.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Maybe the Knights coaching staff is waiting for the Rangers' PP to be as bad as their own.

The Knights don't know how to work a PP...haven't since the Memorial Cup days. News Flash...if it hasn't worked the past 7 seasons...it's not gonna work this year either. Back to basics.... get 2 men in his grill..and pound shots from the perimeter. Rupert in front?...please.
It always seems Dale finds the smallest forward to stick in front. Erlich, Ruperts and so on.... If a goalie is 6'3-6'4 and you stick someone boarding 5-9 in front he'll still see over the player in front. Anderson is built for the heavy going... stick him there slide Horvat done low around the net and only 1 Rupert on the PP not both. There is better talent to be used out there... How about Zadorov and his cannon back there and Maatta gets tasered everytime he head fakes and passes the puck when he a great opportunity to shoot it. It's the same freaking problems every year and for someone that's such a great coach he surely doesn't know what the heck to do to fix the problems that have been around since 06-07.

I love the Ruperts and what they bring but they're playing a little to much IMO.

Last edited by JL17: 09-29-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread