Old
09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
At the game tonight. A couple things I noticed:

Knights did not figure out they had to park people in front of Gibson till oh about 10 minutes left in the game. Other than that. Knights outplayed them in the third. Coulda easily taken that one with better passing, less turnovers and more people standing in front (Nevins's job)

Best Player on the ice for London:Kyle Platzer: The whole 4th line was creating and controlling play when they were out. Didn't see much time in 1st or 2nd frames but were put out there in key situations in the 3rd. Kyle got another assist and worked hard all game..
Nevins will be at home in his office as soon as he's good to go...too bad he's injured right now..they coulda really used him last night. Restoule isn't smart enough to go to those spots...or consistent enough really. The 4th line played more at times because the 1st 3 lines were generating very little other than cute plays that went nowhere. Cute is fine...if you're a 7yr old girl and you just saw a puppy. Cute doesn't cut it in hockey.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Dreakmur

Looks like the Knights are going to be fun to watch this year....

Old
09-30-2012, 04:42 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Looks like the Knights are going to be fun to watch this year....
Well after today... Fun wouldn't be the word.

Griffith with a banner day with B's scouts in the building... boneheaded penalties, selfish play and turnovers.

Don't think Dale understands how to work a PP.... Like I said before I love the Ruperts but they have a role on this team and it's not first line offensive talent... Just cause the live with you Dale doesn't mean you play the snot out of them. Your leaving Broadhurst, Tierney, Domi sitting on the bench on the first unit.

Bailie with another solid performance today.

I'm sure Branch will be having a few chats with London players after this game.

Old
09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Hope McNaughton is OK...he tried to line up Hughes and Tommy just dodged him and McNaughton caught the dasher. Can't point a finger at Hughes at all he was avoiding an oncoming hit. Just a fluke...but I hope Cody is ok...he was moving his hands and talking so that was a good sign.

Second passive game in a row by the boys....it's early..but still needs to be nipped now. Sparks wasn't "hot" as I heard some fans put it...the Knights fired nothing but duds all game. Easiest 45 shot game a goalie will ever see. A jersey hung from the crossbar would have stopped 44 of 'em.

edit: just saw the replay on the McNaughton injury...from my angle at the rink it looked like Cody caught the dasher...not the case..Hughes was pivoting away and McNaughton just ran into his arm...I really don't know how he caught hurt there..didn't look bad at all. Musta just been the way he caught his arm.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 09-30-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
mesh

i think there will definitely be one long suspension , branch cannot let this individual get away with his head hunting, gotta stop him before he hurts someone seriously.

Old
09-30-2012, 05:26 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh View Post
i think there will definitely be one long suspension , branch cannot let this individual get away with his head hunting, gotta stop him before he hurts someone seriously.
Ya..that Pedan checking from behind hit on Anderson was brutal. Definitely deserves a suspension.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
dino200022

Maybe the ohl refs could use some replacement officials, some consistency would be nice guys, if hitting fron behind shoving someones head into the boards is a 5 and a game in the first, why is it not the same with 5 mins left in the game?

On another note, baillie has found a home I think kept the boys in it for the most part!

2nd note, the boys are playing way to cutesy with the puck! Get some traffic and take a shot and hit the effing net please!

Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of having a young overconfident sqaud, nothing will come they have to earn in game in and out!

Old
10-02-2012, 04:45 PM
sbrug

I don't think there should be much beef with the officials for costing the Knights the game. They were bad, but they were bad for both teams. One legitimate beef that London has from that game were the high sticks in front of the net while the Knights were 5 on 4. London was down 5 on 3 twice in the third period and Park and Carrol neglected to call Pedan in front of the net to put them down two men. Not a big deal, but could have been a game changer. As for the Rupert and Pedan hits, I thought Rupert deliberately hit McGinn from behind (hit his head too) while Pedan hit Anderson more from the side and into the back. Anderson also turned a little bit so that is why I think you saw Rupert get 5 and a game while Pedan got a double minor.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Good teams find ways to win regardless of the officiating. Like I said(on another forum)...don't want the officials to play a part in the outcome...don't put the game in their hands. The Knights unraveled and started running around...do that...yer gonna get pegged more times than not. I highly doubt the coaching staff is sitting there saying.."oh the refs cost us that game"...highly unlikely. Maybe in beer leagues that flies..but in higher end coaching and Junior Hockey the end result is 100% relevant to the team's play and discipline on the ice. Blaming officiating for your own teams lack of execution of their game plan is a cop out.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
mesh

that was a dangerous hit by rupert on mcginn , a direct hit to the head . ther will definitely be a long suspesion on that hit , no room in the game for that. cant wait for the generals to play the knights , i dont think rupert will run biggs like that

Old
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Something like the lengthy suspension he got last year?

remember this from your crystal ball?

Quote:
real dirty hit by rupert , looking at 20 games for sure no class at all escpecially with a 7 goal lead i hope the guy who fought him pounded him . no class at all by the knights
he got nothing.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:34 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
that was a dangerous hit by rupert on mcginn , a direct hit to the head . ther will definitely be a long suspesion on that hit , no room in the game for that. cant wait for the generals to play the knights , i dont think rupert will run biggs like that
You forgot he plays for London, Branch does not believe in giving them long suspensions or even consistent ones in comparison to the other teams in the league

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 10-03-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old
10-03-2012, 07:14 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

How's Bo Horvat's ice time looking so far? I've heard rumblings that he isn't being used much in offensive roles. I know he's a stud defensively but he doesn't seem to get enough credit offensively or used

Wondering how his off ice time is looking

Old
10-03-2012, 08:35 AM
mesh

bo has always been a great offensive player, a natural goal scorer but in london ,ofensively he has to take a back seat to hunters favorites and the ones that are guaranteed icetime.feel bad for the kid, he is a great player .

Old
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
How's Bo Horvat's ice time looking so far? I've heard rumblings that he isn't being used much in offensive roles. I know he's a stud defensively but he doesn't seem to get enough credit offensively or used

Wondering how his off ice time is looking
Horvat has been getting plenty of ice time. He's the #1 shutdown forward in London..that's his role. Horvat doesn't have to find the back of the net to be effective. He's getting PP time on the back end as quarterback and he's getting top PK minutes as well.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
aresknights

Quote:
bo has always been a great offensive player, a natural goal scorer but in london ,ofensively he has to take a back seat to hunters favorites and the ones that are guaranteed icetime.feel bad for the kid, he is a great player .
So which guys are "gauranteed" icetime over the top 10 OHL pick? Or is it conjecture on your part?
Minutes are tracke dand some maybe suprised at the results. After Griffith, Id guess there isnt as big a disperity as many think with the F group minutes (minus the 4th line)

Dale is still (and will continue to all year prolly) play with line combos. He reunited the Tierney,Anderson, Horvat line for a stretch in one game last weekend and has had Bo on a few differnet lines. As PP31 says hes also getting plenty of special teams minutes and that should continue.

With this squad your almost looking at a fourth line and then 3 fairly balanced groups (so far anyway)-(Rups x2 with Griff) (Tierney,Wely,Broadhurst) (Bo,Domi,Anderson) saw time together and almost every other combo you can think of in spurts.

Scouts will see him, notice his overall game and it wont hurt his draft, IMO. The good scouts will notice the total package and he may even be better off learning how to play a D game instead of looking all O all the time

Old
10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Thanks for the clarification on Bo Horvat. I am aware of his complete game and i know it shouldn't affect his draft stock but I also feel as though there's some offensive potential there that isn't getting tapped at the moment.

Thanks again. He's a complete player!

Old
10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
aresknights

No doubt he has some untapped raw offensive ability and Id love to see it come thru.

I just think with the "current" make up of this squad hes more suited to play a role that doesnt just look for offense. It maybe a case of whats best for the team at this point. No way does Grif, Domi, Broadhurst, Platzer et al have the same skill to play a D style game. With Rups with Grif (for now) they are also looking to score. Bo,Wely, Anderson, Rups (if moved away from Grif) are among our best options right now for that role

I figure Bo puts up 20 or so when all is said n done.

Old
10-04-2012, 04:45 AM
aresknights

Broadhurst stated last night on a local TV show it was Plymouth or London that were interested in him.

He looks like hes gonna fit in fine, sees the ice well, should put up #s ect... Hes just adjusting to the speed and skill of this league.

If they ever get an OA year outta him its a great pick, if not, still a good one

Old
10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
tourlord*

It looked like Rupert got caught back and had to defend. McGinn came in, went around Rupert and got a shot on net before being drilled from behind. It was a hit to the head, he kinda left his feet and it was from behind. There has to be some sort of suspension for that. Can't wait for London to try that against Oshawa.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
KnightsInsider93

Just some news.

Jacob Jammes: Don't know how the knee is doing, He just started skating again last week. He has now gone home do to "Personal Reasons."

Jake Patterson: Back skating again, Last time I saw him (Sunday) He was still kind of sore. I'm not expecting him to play Windsor on Friday, but it very well could happen.

Corey Perry, Paul Gaustad and Drew Doughty are all skating with the Knights, jumping in on drills and keeping busy during the NHL lockout. Great Role models for the boys and it's cool seeing players wearing Anaheim Ducks, LA Kings or Predators equipment during practice.

FINALLY! Paxton Leroux: Gone to London Nationals (Jr. B) I think everyone knew this was going to happen.

Corey Pawley: The more I hear, the more i'm jumping on the "Trade him" band wagon. He wants to play, teammates know it, he knows it, and coaches know it. He knows he could be bottom 6 on 3/4 of the league's teams. It's frustrating everyone. I'd like to see him go for a 6/7th defender. Josh Brown (Generals) R. Shipley (67's) would be my targets.

Dale Hunter: KEEP THE LINEUP THE SAME!!! You have to go with what's working!! The lineups we had for the first week clearly worked. Players do not like the uncertainty of not knowing lineups! My two cents.

Old
10-04-2012, 04:05 PM
KnightsInsider93

Russian Import Nikolai Prokhorkin (Kings 4th Round Selection & Signed Prospect) has been traded to the Barrie Colts in exchange for a 15th Rnd. as well as Conditional 4th and 2nd *Contingent on him suiting up with Colts* He is currently trying out for the Manchester Monarchs (AHL) and doesn't look like he is in their plans to be cut.

Old
10-04-2012, 05:39 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:

FINALLY! Paxton Leroux: Gone to London Nationals (Jr. B) I think everyone knew this was going to happen.
Some Knights string pulling there. Leroux was Caledonia bound as he had signed with them last week...the inside track of having a couple of ex-Knights running the show led to him getting a spot on the Nats no doubt.

Quote:

Dale Hunter: KEEP THE LINEUP THE SAME!!! You have to go with what's working!! The lineups we had for the first week clearly worked. Players do not like the uncertainty of not knowing lineups! My two cents.
you haven't been around the team too long have you. Dale has ALWAYS juggled lines and never runs with a set lineup. He will go back to what works..but he's forever trying new combos to no end.

Old
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post

you haven't been around the team too long have you. Dale has ALWAYS juggled lines and never runs with a set lineup. He will go back to what works..but he's forever trying new combos to no end.
Oh I am well aware. Doesn't mean it gets any less frustrating.

Old
10-04-2012, 11:00 PM
gongshow519

Too excited for tonight's game. You know both teams dont like each other. Hopefully are boys are ready to go

Closed Thread