HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
  #751
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Restoule, Nevins, Platzer and Liberati will be your scratches.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
  #752
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Noticed on the Ohl website as well as the Knights website that Jack Nevins no longer listed on roster
As well on the stats list for skaters re London his name is x for no longer with team
What happened?

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:12 AM
  #753
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Jack has been suffering from a hip injury since pre season. Would not shock me if he's gone home to Ottawa to focus on school.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 07:22 AM
  #754
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Jack has been suffering from a hip injury since pre season. Would not shock me if he's gone home to Ottawa to focus on school.
Shame too...the kid has the goods to play. Injuries like that have ended more than 1 career. I feel for the kid...I've been there with the exact same injury.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 11:21 AM
  #755
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Nevins has returned home (Ottawa)

He was complaining about lack of ice time which he has every right to do. But with all the young guys coming up (Platzer, Pawley, Elie) + Restoule's great play, it's been hard for the Hunter's to squeeze him in their.

He has been placed on waivers.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
  #756
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Nevins has returned home (Ottawa)

He was complaining about lack of ice time which he has every right to do. But with all the young guys coming up (Platzer, Pawley, Elie) + Restoule's great play, it's been hard for the Hunter's to squeeze him in their.

He has been placed on waivers.
Interesting,if he is at all healthy somebody should claim him
Many teams including the one that traded him can use a truculent player who can also play
In fact would not surprise me if Oshawa with their long term injuries and suspension snap him up,or Windsor since they are carrying 12 forwards might look at him as well
This is providing of course he relatively healthy
Another sleeper team might be Guelph

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:02 PM
  #757
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
+ Restoule's great play,.
I must be missing something...not much more than a pylon in my opinion when comparing what the 2(Nevins and Restoule) can both bring to the table. This will come back and bite London in the ass. Bank it. They need a player like Nevins. His injury has more to do with it than lack of ice time in my opinion. That injury at the wrong time sealed his fate. London has a cupboard full of Elie's and Pawley's, what they lack is grit and sandpaper.


Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 10-27-2012 at 01:07 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM
  #758
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I must be missing something...not much more than a pylon in my opinion when comparing what the 2(Nevins and Restoule) can both bring to the table. This will come back and bite London in the ass. Bank it. They need a player like Nevins. His injury has more to do with it than lack of ice time in my opinion. That injury at the wrong time sealed his fate. London has a cupboard full of Elie's and Pawley's, what they lack is grit and sandpaper.
PP31

I agree did not want to say it as relates to grit,sandpaper and a legitimate tough guy who can play,for fear of being labelled a troll
I like this guy and if I knew he was healthy enough,he would look great in a Windsor uniform,more valuable then Bilcke,O/A possibilities which I thought the Knights might think for next year
He and Bilcke would make an interesting duo,combine that with Emerson Clark and a team would have plenty of toughness,to handle the pain in the arse teams like Owen Sd and Guelph,and beat the bejejus out of Plymouth

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
  #759
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
PP31

I agree did not want to say it as relates to grit,sandpaper and a legitimate tough guy who can play,for fear of being labelled a troll
I like this guy and if I knew he was healthy enough,he would look great in a Windsor uniform,more valuable then Bilcke,O/A possibilities which I thought the Knights might think for next year
He and Bilcke would make an interesting duo,combine that with Emerson Clark and a team would have plenty of toughness,to handle the pain in the arse teams like Owen Sd and Guelph,and beat the bejejus out of Plymouth
I'd never wish becoming a Spitfire on any player...but this is one I hope Windsor gets. They'll admire his qualities and what he can bring to the table. The cookie cutter forwards in the Hunter stall are starting to wear mighty thin with this Knights fan.

I still say this is more injury related than ice time related. You don't just waive a player like Nevins unless you know he's damaged goods and you'd get nothing for him on the market.


Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 10-27-2012 at 02:12 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 02:36 PM
  #760
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I'd never wish becoming a Spitfire on any player...but this is one I hope Windsor gets. They'll admire his qualities and what he can bring to the table. The cookie cutter forwards in the Hunter stall are starting to wear mighty thin with this Knights fan.

I still say this is more injury related than ice time related. You don't just waive a player like Nevins unless you know he's damaged goods and you'd get nothing for him on the market.
Peterborough,Ottawa,Erie and Saginaw are the 1st 4 teams to have a crack at him via waivers
Maybe Ottawa will take a chance,afterall he is from there,Peterborough too banged up,dont need a guy who might be hurt,Erie too cheap,although he and Mcguire would be an interesting duo,Saginaw dont see it happening
I left Kingston out though they are in the bottom 5,doubt they would him back despite the fact they could use some toughness upfront especially with the recent trading of Nathan Cull
Btw Windsor would be more then happy to take Horvat off your hands PP31,he would look real good in a Windsor uni lol

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
  #761
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I must be missing something...not much more than a pylon in my opinion when comparing what the 2(Nevins and Restoule) can both bring to the table. This will come back and bite London in the ass. Bank it. They need a player like Nevins. His injury has more to do with it than lack of ice time in my opinion. That injury at the wrong time sealed his fate. London has a cupboard full of Elie's and Pawley's, what they lack is grit and sandpaper.
Agreed PP. Yeah it's too bad. I'd a loved for him to get a shot. He'd help this team form an identity. No offence to Restoule but Nevins woulda made a difference. I gotta think the Injury is serious. If not we lost out and someone else will gain.


Last edited by aresknights: 10-27-2012 at 05:38 PM.
aresknights is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
  #762
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Lets assume Nevins is healthy and can play, and lets assume that 14 is the comfortable # of Fwds to have on your Roster at any time. As well, at his point in his Junior career, I think he will either want to play close to home (Ottawa) or more of a cup contender than London is proving to be.

Teams that could use him include:
Brampton (13)
Guelph (13) Cup contender*
Kingston (13) Close to home*
Ottawa (12) As close as you can get to home*
Plymouth (13) Cup Contender*
Sarnia (13)
Windsor (12)

Take the numbers as you will.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:49 PM
  #763
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Lets assume Nevins is healthy and can play, and lets assume that 14 is the comfortable # of Fwds to have on your Roster at any time. As well, at his point in his Junior career, I think he will either want to play close to home (Ottawa) or more of a cup contender than London is proving to be.

Teams that could use him include:
Brampton (13)
Guelph (13) Cup contender*
Kingston (13) Close to home*
Ottawa (12) As close as you can get to home*
Plymouth (13) Cup Contender*
Sarnia (13)
Windsor (12)

Take the numbers as you will.
I doubt Nevins would want to revisit Sarnia and Kingston his 2 previous teams,as much as I like him,i can see him land in Oshawa or Guelph

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:49 PM
  #764
massey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Lets assume Nevins is healthy and can play, and lets assume that 14 is the comfortable # of Fwds to have on your Roster at any time. As well, at his point in his Junior career, I think he will either want to play close to home (Ottawa) or more of a cup contender than London is proving to be.

Teams that could use him include:
Brampton (13)
Guelph (13) Cup contender*
Kingston (13) Close to home*
Ottawa (12) As close as you can get to home*
Plymouth (13) Cup Contender*
Sarnia (13)
Windsor (12)

Take the numbers as you will.
I like Jack but he is not needed in Sarnia IMO.We have pretty good tough guys in Dundas,(Hottot if he ever sharpens up),Chapman on D,Addessi and Diapalo.We have 7-8 players who will drop the gloves if needed.We need another high scoring forward.Hope he gets over his injury and someone picks him up.

massey is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
  #765
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Sting no Longer looking anyways. Just Acquired Alex Carnevale from the Belleville Bulls. This move however puts Belleville down to 13

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 07:00 AM
  #766
sportnut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
How can Rupert be playing in the Subway series against Russia when he has 7 assists only with all the playing time that he gets? There must be other players in the league more deserving at the moment, no?

Good game last night. Could of gone both ways, but at least lots of positive, especially in this being 3 games in 3 nights!

sportnut is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 07:56 AM
  #767
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
How can Rupert be playing in the Subway series against Russia when he has 7 assists only with all the playing time that he gets? There must be other players in the league more deserving at the moment, no?
I agree... You look at Horvat who's played with Team Canada to date and been a leader .... I'm sure Dale had a hand in it.

------------------------

Dale had the balls to bench Ovie it's time to start benching some players from mindlessly stupid penalties... happening far to often with no consquences except more icetime.

Elie has a bomb from the point... probably all we'll see of that experiment. Too bad Zadorov hasn't been used yet

I think these kids right now need 4 lines that stay the same.. alot of confusion and disorganization out there. I think that would go a long way to sort out these highs and low this team is having...

Better effort against Guelph but still this team needs some help in form of a leader up front.

JL17 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:26 AM
  #768
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Dale does sit players. Just not for the whole games. They will miss shifts though. Max Domi was sat Vs. Plymouth when he tried to go all the way by himself when it was 4 on 4. Welychka has missed shifts quite a bit as well.

As for Rupert playing in the Super Series, Mark Hunter was on the selection comittee. Only thing I can think of is the team didn't need any more offense upfront. Looking for pests to play a third line role and that's where Rupert comes in.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:35 AM
  #769
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Dale does sit players. Just not for the whole games. They will miss shifts though. Max Domi was sat Vs. Plymouth when he tried to go all the way by himself when it was 4 on 4. Welychka has missed shifts quite a bit as well.

As for Rupert playing in the Super Series, Mark Hunter was on the selection comittee. Only thing I can think of is the team didn't need any more offense upfront. Looking for pests to play a third line role and that's where Rupert comes in.
To bad missing a shift doesn't mean very much to players... sitting a period or the rest of the game makes a bigger impact.

JL17 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:44 AM
  #770
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
To bad missing a shift doesn't mean very much to players... sitting a period or the rest of the game makes a bigger impact.
Oh I agree 100%

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  #771
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Oh I agree 100%
The one's that need to be benched are his favourites though so we know that won't be happening.

JL17 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
  #772
sportnut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
The one's that need to be benched are his favourites though so we know that won't be happening.
That is too bad.... I thought this was the OHL where people are in the business of winning, not pleasing kids who don't always give 100%. It is simply the best thing for a kid to be brought back to planet earth sometimes by being benched. The good ones respond by giving more in the next games because they get it that it is the same rules for everyone. It just doesn't seem to be the case here.

sportnut is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
  #773
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Favourtism is nothing new with the Knights...been happening since the fall of 2000. Find the nearest wall...it'll be more attentive. :

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
  #774
Knighthammer
Registered User
 
Knighthammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Happy that my hearing is back after Friday's game. Bloody hell the music was louder than usual that night.

Knighthammer is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 11:35 PM
  #775
sirom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
The one's that need to be benched are his favourites though so we know that won't be happening.
I have only caught few games live but have to agree on the favourites. To me Tierney does all the little things but never get's the ice some others do and no pp. I am biased as coached against the kid in minor and am an avid follower but am baffled as to how the Knights use him. That being said he has turned into quite the pk specialist!! I do know that a number of O teams would love to have him and play a bigger role so why not package him and get the return?

sirom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.