*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 12:14 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
HL11 heres another article on Fuller.
http://www.lfpress.com/sports/hockey.../18654076.html

Looks to be in the Nats plans for this year. I wouldnt rule out a call up in emerg situation (like as you mentioned xmas tourney)
If Ferry gets moved theyd give Liberati the 6th spot (IMO hes already got it)
They then would have Leroux avail for spot duty (as well as Fuller I guess)
Im not expecting him to play much a role with the Knights, but ya never know.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
HL11 heres another article on Fuller.
http://www.lfpress.com/sports/hockey.../18654076.html

Looks to be in the Nats plans for this year. I wouldnt rule out a call up in emerg situation (like as you mentioned xmas tourney)
If Ferry gets moved theyd give Liberati the 6th spot (IMO hes already got it)
They then would have Leroux avail for spot duty (as well as Fuller I guess)
Im not expecting him to play much a role with the Knights, but ya never know.
That was last years article re Fuller,though I can see the same thing happen again

Old
11-23-2012, 12:49 PM
aresknights

Nice catch HL!

I still feel the same thou, with Raine, Hughes , Zad, Harrington, Matta and the emergence of Liberati Im not sure theres a spot. Cant see him being an upgrade over these if the Soo waived him and he feel all the way to the Knights.

Depth never hurts thou,

Old
11-23-2012, 12:52 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
It was solely a move for the Nationals, and to bring him home. He's a London kid. Other youngsters will see icetime during xmas

Old
11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
hockeylegend11

So do the Knights go after Schoenmakers or Hottot ?
Personally I hear Schoenmakers is a great kid,well liked in Windsor,Hottot can play but seems to be a walking time bomb
Could u imagine if the Knights had Hottot,Cousins and throw in Rupert twins they would be the most reviled team in Jr History and probably would win too

Old
11-24-2012, 10:59 AM
JL17

Good start to the weekend... let hopes there gas in the tank for tonight.

Like to know why London was so excited to sign Chase Hatcher??? He was on the game sheet last night but never noticed him on the ice.

I applaud M Rupert for playing last night but he wasn't the same player... he should have taken the weekend off... Pawley could have played and probably done a better job. MR for the most part stayed away from the physical stuff and look tired.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
So do the Knights go after Schoenmakers or Hottot ?
Personally I hear Schoenmakers is a great kid,well liked in Windsor,Hottot can play but seems to be a walking time bomb
Could u imagine if the Knights had Hottot,Cousins and throw in Rupert twins they would be the most reviled team in Jr History and probably would win too
Schoenmaker isn't much of an upgrade on the OA position. Hottot with the Ruperts would be an interesting line... 3 ticking time bombs that could all go off at once would be wild...

I don't think they improve the Knights in any position. The kids are proving to be better as the weeks go by.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:15 AM
sbrug

Can't see them adding any more players to the team considering they just let go of both Nevins and Restoule to "let the young guys play more." You have to remember that when the all of the forwards are healthy, 2 will still have to sit (3 if you include Leroux). Unless a deal involves a player leaving the Knights, I don't see anything happening for a while.

As for tonight, will it be 11 in a row? Owen Sound has had two days off while London has played both of those days. The Knights shouldn't be tired at all. They've played conservative hockey for almost the entirety of both games. Should be a great game tonight

Old
11-25-2012, 11:49 AM
aresknights

A big win in the Sound and this team keeps rollin.

Domi/Griff/Broadhurst really moving the puck around well and at times controlling the O zone for extended stretches.
THey know what it takes and are payin the price. The compete level is high thru all lines and the shot blocking parade continues. Its the lil things theyre willing to do thats lead to this run. (that and real solid goaltending by both netminders)

Old
11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
shootscores

A number of fans are calling for gaining a Watson - like player by way of trade. I am not sure but to me I think that player is already here. His name is Horvat. He has become a premier shot blocker, solid defensive forward, and someone awesome on the PK. He also has some offensive talent as well.
I would love to see what this team could do if kept together for this year into next. But let's be realistic here. London is in the hunt this year so Hunter will find a piece here and there that will help, not hinder, the cohesiveness of this first half effort. They won't mortgage the future as they could go for hosting the Memorial Cup next year, but I could see a trade or two happening.
My guess is Jammes, and or Herbst along with draft choices would be the price tag.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
wings5

Is this London's Year? Seems like alot of their top players are able to return next year.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Is this London's Year? Seems like alot of their top players are able to return next year.
Why not make em both Londons year?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
aresknights

A few good points shootscores.

Bo has really showed hes as complete a player as anyone in the Knights camp. He just does so much well. The "new" breed of hockey toughness lol- paying the price, doing the lil things, attention to detail. You really gotta see him play a few times to see all that he adds on a reg basis. Has to be a coaches dream.

Quote:
London is in the hunt this year so Hunter will find a piece here and there that will help, not hinder, the cohesiveness of this first half effort. They won't mortgage the future as they could go for hosting the Memorial Cup next year, but I could see a trade or two happening.
Agreed, a move or two will be made. I hope Herbst isnt part of one thou, It would be nice going into camp with him and Patterson and then go from there, but well see. After all, every kid is just a # or asset if you will. If you can flip an asset for the better.....

Old
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
JL17

When I say a Watson type I mean a player that leads by example up front. Right now London doesn't have one. Horvat is that type of player no doubt... but maybe to young to show the team what to do.

Watson I mean a leader... Griffith IMO isn't doing it right now... he's racking up the points but aside from that he's lazy and showing no effort in his own zone. His only hustle is when the puck is on his stick or if there is a scoring chance there. For Watson it didn't matter what the situation was, it was balls to the wall.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:26 PM
aresknights

Grif has been better lately and is responsible defensively to a point, but it is what it is. He's never going to be that guy that does the Watson type things and that's ok. He brings other things. No team has 18 Watsons , Bo's or whoever. I'm not a huge fan of the Grif type player but lots of successful teams have them. There isn t a team in the O that wouldnt love
A Griffith on their team.

I do agree thou, a vet with good leadership qualities wouldn't hurt.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:43 PM
jgardz

While I understand wanting another Watson, I have 2 questions: 1) is there one available? 2) who comes out of the lineup to make room, and where does he play? Barring injuries, the only real spot would be removing platzer. And he's doing we'll on that 4th line. If you bring in a top 6 guy, who gets bumped down? I guess I'm questioning the need for a vet since the core of this team all played in the mem cup and know what it takes.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Any updates on Ryan Ruperts injury status?

Old
11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Any updates on Ryan Ruperts injury status?
Back to practicing full contact. He told me a 2 weeks and that was about 2 weeks ago. Some people are still saying sit him for a bit, but good luck keeping a Rupert out of the lineup if they are cleared by doctors.

Both Ruperts are gametime decisions as Ryan is very close to ready and Matt is questionable after having another root canal surgery.

Old
11-27-2012, 05:53 PM
KnightsInsider93

I've been told there are problems with the 4th line but only when a certain player is in the lineup. I'll leave you to infer who. I want to make this clear, it is STRICTLY an on ice issue a few people are having with one certain player

Old
11-27-2012, 06:11 PM
aresknights

Ive got my thoughts, based on play and rumblings. Itll either work itself out or..... as with any other asset--do you get better value to the team moving someone or keeping him?

Old
11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
aresknights

As posted on another forum before last game in Ktown--will the now "buried in building" item with knights logo be good luck for the green n gold or not lol.
Fun story anyway-a construction worker loyal to Knights placed a Knights logo item somewhere during renos and its now permanently buried.
Obviously I cant confirm but it was relayed by someone who was on a crew working there.
Bullsh%#$ or fact?

Old
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM
sbrug

Nevermind, saw a Pyette tweet saying that Hughes has some bruising and it's nothing serious

Old
11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
As posted on another forum before last game in Ktown--will the now "buried in building" item with knights logo be good luck for the green n gold or not lol.
Fun story anyway-a construction worker loyal to Knights placed a Knights logo item somewhere during renos and its now permanently buried.
Obviously I cant confirm but it was relayed by someone who was on a crew working there.
Bullsh%#$ or fact?
Fact(as sources go)..and it didn't happen during this reno...it's been there for quite some time

Old
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
aresknights

So, there could be 2? Im interested in hearing the story next Knights game

Streak wont go on much longer, but its fun to watch right now

Extending it by going into OS and Ktown (2 of the toughest places in the west conf) even more special.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
ForumShop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
I've been told there are problems with the 4th line but only when a certain player is in the lineup. I'll leave you to infer who. I want to make this clear, it is STRICTLY an on ice issue a few people are having with one certain player
Hmm. I heard something similar. Does the player have an 'L' in his name?

Closed Thread