Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
lol you guys are shipping out Jammes already. He hasn't even played a game yet, I really doubt the Knights move him especially next year.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Sold

IMO Jammes isnt needed at this time, and wed have Mathers for 2 yrs (?)

The Knights did the hard sell with Jammes last year but he decided to stay closer to home, so I know they liked the kid. Not sure theyd flip him but I cant see where he makes the team this year, esp if Broadhurst and McCarron show up.
Just this season for Derek, he has signed his ELC and played games for the Phantoms already! 2 career pro fights!

Old
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
aresknights

Quote:
lol you guys are shipping out Jammes already. He hasn't even played a game yet, I really doubt the Knights move him especially next year

Edited my post and said almost the same thing, not sure if Mark would flip him.

The issue is the Knights will have assets that arent going to get quality time with this roster. Some Fs should be moved to bolster othe areas. Not sure wholl itll be but there is a log jam (esp if all the kids sign- still not sure McCarron will this year but I gotta think Broadhurst will)
For sure-AA, Domi, Griffith, Rups x2, Ferry, Tierney, Horvat, Anderson
Hopefully-McCarron, Broadhurst
??-Flemmington() Pawley, Platzer, Jammes, MacDonald, Elie,
Any other FAs or drafted kids who make an impression at camp (there always seems to one the Hunters find)
Nikolai Prokhorkin if the Russian D doesnt work out

Add the NHLPA negotiations and things could get real crowded

Old
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
aresknights

If MAthers only got one year--hhhmmmmm, ok Id still like to see him wearing Green n gold

Just not sure what the price would be. Mark has proven to be shrewd in the past thou as Im sure your well aware He wont overpay

Old
07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Crottenham

Quote:

Edited my post and said almost the same thing, not sure if Mark would flip him.

The issue is the Knights will have assets that arent going to get quality time with this roster. Some Fs should be moved to bolster othe areas. Not sure wholl itll be but there is a log jam (esp if all the kids sign- still not sure McCarron will this year but I gotta think Broadhurst will)
For sure-AA, Domi, Griffith, Rups x2, Ferry, Tierney, Horvat, Anderson
Hopefully-McCarron, Broadhurst
??-Flemmington() Pawley, Platzer, Jammes, MacDonald, Elie,
Any other FAs or drafted kids who make an impression at camp (there always seems to one the Hunters find)
Nikolai Prokhorkin if the Russian D doesnt work out

Add the NHLPA negotiations and things could get real crowded
How do you "flip" a 17 year old who clearly had reservations about major junior last year and then signed specifically with this organization in March after a good junior season and some obvious maturing?!?

Doesn't sound like a very honourable thing to do to a teenager I'm afraid.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
aresknights

Im sure the Hunters would have that conversation with Jammes. They have a history of finding places for kids to play who dont fit into their current plans. If Jammes is not OK with a move Im sure Mark takes that into account and doesnt take it lightly.

My point was/is would "I" move a kid who may not find a spot to fill a need, YES. As long as it didnt hurt the kid being moved.
At he end of the day I gotta think a F or 2 gets moved. And hes one that Id consider moving along with AA. Its their area of strength and they have a couple needs. Who that ends up being, no idea.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
How do you "flip" a 17 year old who clearly had reservations about major junior last year and then signed specifically with this organization in March after a good junior season and some obvious maturing?!?

Doesn't sound like a very honourable thing to do to a teenager I'm afraid.
He signed with London as he didnt have any other choice- Knights draftee.

I know they liked the kid and said as much and also said IM not sure theyd flip him.
Would I, yes after talking it over with him. A stay here and take your chances with PT or move and get it immediately conversation. If hes OK with, I dont see anything not honourable about it.

If he does make it wiht the Knights outta camp I wish him the all best.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Im sure the Hunters would have that conversation with Jammes. They have a history of finding places for kids to play who dont fit into their current plans. If Jammes is not OK with a move Im sure Mark takes that into account and doesnt take it lightly.

My point was/is would "I" move a kid who may not find a spot to fill a need, YES. As long as it didnt hurt the kid being moved.
At he end of the day I gotta think a F or 2 gets moved. And hes one that Id consider moving along with AA. Its their area of strength and they have a couple needs. Who that ends up being, no idea.
Sure makes it look even tougher for a kid like MacDonald to make the team! My son played him numerous times in the SCTA last season; great motor, speed and heart and soul kid. My son hated playing him. Tough.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
aresknights

Sounds like a Hunter type kid. He should become a fan fav in no time.

There are already high hopes for MacDonald. Everything Ive heard is hes kid youd love to have on your team. MAybe moving a F or 2 helps give him a shot. Thanks for the info. Just cooberates what weve heard as Knights fans

Just a guess on my part, but I hope hes brought along much like the Ruperts were. Slow to start, in and out of lineup, but by Jan he dresses regularly

2 years of MAcD and the Rups sounds like fun

AA, Domi, Horvat, Tierney, Anderson, Welychka, Griffith, rupert x2
Broadhurst, McCaarron (?), Jammes, MacDonald, Pawley, Platzer, Restoule, Elie, Flemmington() FAs, other draftees not on my radar.

Not a lot of opportunity for minutes, as it stands now. I think itll change.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Sounds like a Hunter type kid. He should become a fan fav in no time.

There are already high hopes for MacDonald. Everything Ive heard is hes kid youd love to have on your team. MAybe moving a F or 2 helps give him a shot. Thanks for the info. Just cooberates what weve heard as Knights fans

Just a guess on my part, but I hope hes brought along much like the Ruperts were. Slow to start, in and out of lineup, but by Jan he dresses regularly

2 years of MAcD and the Rups sounds like fun

AA, Domi, Horvat, Tierney, Anderson, Welychka, Griffith, rupert x2
Broadhurst, McCaarron (?), Jammes, MacDonald, Pawley, Platzer, Restoule, Elie, Flemmington() FAs, other draftees not on my radar.

Not a lot of opportunity for minutes, as it stands now. I think itll change.
For a smaller player he backs down from NO-ONE! Last year in a summer league in Brampton he was restrained from going after two bigger kids who were mouthing off.

Must be his high-end lax background, but he was definitely one of my favorites to watch when my son's team played Guelph the last couple of years.

Best of luck to him! The knid of problem junior management loves to have I suppose.

Old
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Owen MacDonald will force the Knights to trade a veteran. Bank it..MacDonald will make this team out of camp.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Owen MacDonald will force the Knights to trade a veteran. Bank it..MacDonald will make this team out of camp.

I took your earlier prediction about the Knights drafting Dansk in the Import Draft to the bank as well. It bounced.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

London has championship aspirations this year. With about 16 forwards ready for ice, a '96 will no be getting minutes here. MacDonald will have to force Hunter to trade more than a veteran to get ice. How about 5 of them? And why is it so important for London to have Mathers? If Hunter traded Jammes for Mathers straight up, that would be bordering on a fleecing like the Austin Watson trade only from the other side. Didn't the Knights just win the OHL championship without those types playing minutes? The OHL is moving quickly away from guys like Mathers, Flemington, Janssen, etc. I used to think it was kind of important to have that guy in the O but it just isn't anymore. Please don't give me this Mahers can play crap. Maybe he can but even the worse forward London has is 10 times the player Mathers will ever be.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:17 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
From what Ive heard I agree-
Quote:
There are already high hopes for MacDonald. Everything Ive heard is hes kid youd love to have on your team. MAybe moving a F or 2 helps give him a shot.
Although I think they take a lil time working him in full time, hell get there by Dec is my guess

Old
07-15-2012, 08:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
I took your earlier prediction about the Knights drafting Dansk in the Import Draft to the bank as well. It bounced.
My fault there...I listened to a source I felt was reliable...needless to say that source is off the reliable list now..it wasn't a prediction as much as it was relaying a message that backfired.

Also...how can you take a player that isn't available?...now I control when and where players are picked? Cool...first the ROTY voting..now this...wow..my influence is legendary.

If Dansk was available at 9..he'd be wearing a Knights jersey. He wasn't...meh...it happens.

As for MacDonald...this is my prediction...not from a source. He will force the Knights to make a move to fit him in. I've seen enough of him to know he's already better than a few ahead of him in seniority.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 07-15-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old
07-15-2012, 09:41 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
lol you guys are shipping out Jammes already. He hasn't even played a game yet, I really doubt the Knights move him especially next year.
It's only one guy on here... almost everyone I've spoken with is stoked to see him play. He practically made the team last year, but wanted to stay at home in Ottawa to grow and build the strength needed.

Old
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
aresknights

What role do you all see Jammes in this year with the London Knights?

I know the knights gave him the hard sell last year, and prolly would have found some time for
him, but can they this year?

Again, my point was I would move "a F or 2," to help address any needs Mark feels he has. The poster asked a ? with Jammes named specifically. Doesnt matter who neccessarily, just that Id move "assets" that dOnt fit into this years plans for help, looking at winning another OHL title.
I also said I don't know if Mark would part with him as they were very impressed with him at camp last year.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:

I know the knights gave him the hard sell last year, and prolly would have found some time for
him, but can they this year?

Again, my point was I would move "a F or 2," to help address any needs Mark feels he has. The poster asked a ? with Jammes named specifically. Doesnt matter who neccessarily, just that Id move "assets" that dOnt fit into this years plans for help, looking at winning another OHL title.
I also said I don't know if Mark would part with him as they were very impressed with him at camp last year.
I would like to see Athanasiou moved out. I think other teams think a lot more highly than London does, so we could probably get a decent return.

Assuming Broadhurst shows up, that would leave one spot in the top-9 forwards up fro grabs.

Griffith, Domi, Horvat, Broadhurst, Tierney, Rupert, Rupert, and Anderson should be locked into the top-8.

If Ferry comes back, he and Welychka, Jammes, McCarron, MacDonald, Restoule, Elie, Pawley, and Platzer can fight for the last top-9 spot as well as fill out the 4th line.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:14 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Athanasiou for DeMelo and I'd be happy

Old
07-15-2012, 01:02 PM
aresknights

Id like to see a top 4 D added as well

Old
07-15-2012, 01:03 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
It's only one guy on here... almost everyone I've spoken with is stoked to see him play. He practically made the team last year, but wanted to stay at home in Ottawa to grow and build the strength needed.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:55 PM
JL17

Well dealing AA is like a double edged sword. I was reading reports from Red Wings D camp he was the most consistent scorer in the 3 scrimmages. If I read it right he had 5 or 6 goals.

Again for me he's a wait and see similar to Fox last year. I think you have to start the year with him in a Knights uniform.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:56 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Well dealing AA is like a double edged sword. I was reading reports from Red Wings D camp he was the most consistent scorer in the 3 scrimmages. If I read it right he had 5 or 6 goals.

Again for me he's a wait and see similar to Fox last year. I think you have to start the year with him in a Knights uniform.
AA had a great summer last season as well. Well publicized in fact. Problem is he started reading his own press clippings, started believing he was the next best thing and his ego outgrew his jersey. Ship him out...you could get something you need. Untapped potential is one thing..the kid has it.. admirable trait in fact...but tripping over your ego isn't a flattering trait. I'd test the waters and see what he could bring in. Residual talent on this team....maybe top 6 somewhere else.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 07-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old
07-16-2012, 07:42 PM
aresknights

@GoLondonKnights: GM Mark Hunter announced today that Knights have signed 2011 4th rd pick @kyleplatzer to an OHL contract! #GreenAndGold

Old
07-16-2012, 08:19 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
@GoLondonKnights: GM Mark Hunter announced today that Knights have signed 2011 4th rd pick @kyleplatzer to an OHL contract! #GreenAndGold
This team just keeps getting deeper, Platzer is another strong addition.

Closed Thread