HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  #176
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Oshawa trades Kevin Ballie to London for a 4th rd pick in 2013

As per Loosepucks.com twitter


Last edited by aresknights: 08-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
aresknights is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
  #177
BenchedGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Ottawa trades Kevin Ballie to London for a 4th rd pick in 2013

As per Loosepucks.com twitter
Dont know if it matters to much where he came from but I believe it's Oshawa.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116006


Last edited by BenchedGuy: 08-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
BenchedGuy is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
  #178
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
My bad, brain cramp. Fixed it

aresknights is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
  #179
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Rob Simpson named Asst GM

aresknights is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 10:32 PM
  #180
dino200022
Registered User
 
dino200022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Rob Simpson named Asst GM
He is a good hockey guy, plus he can flat out skate not that that is going to help him in the front office though! Congrats to him!

dino200022 is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  #181
Hawks19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
So, this guy coaches two stacked teams in Minor Midget AAA and that gets him an AGM job with the Knights? Is he going to shaft the Jr B Stars who already signed him to be an Assistant Coach there?

Hawks19 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 03:12 PM
  #182
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
The London Knights have acquired forward Jack Nevins from the Kingston Frontenacs for a 9th round pick in 2014. #knightstalk #OHL

aresknights is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
  #183
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks19 View Post
So, this guy coaches two stacked teams in Minor Midget AAA and that gets him an AGM job with the Knights? Is he going to shaft the Jr B Stars who already signed him to be an Assistant Coach there?
His Assistant GM duties are on the PR/business side.

That said, never heard of an organization suggest that someone being promoted to the OHL was shafting kids.

I have heard individual parents say that who have a bit of a bias view, but never an organization. Its a selling point for them.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
  #184
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
The London Knights have acquired forward Jack Nevins from the Kingston Frontenacs for a 9th round pick in 2014. #knightstalk #OHL
Great pick up by the Knights big tough forward who can play
Restoule and Nevins certainly give the Knights some snarl up front

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
  #185
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Great pick up by the Knights big tough forward who can play
Restoule and Nevins certainly give the Knights some snarl up front
and some Knights fans are asking where they fit in.

This isn't another Flem or Yovanic we're talking about.

You need jam. London has all the razz and dazz...now they need some solid filler. Restoule and Nevins fit that bill. Throw in a rookie (MacDonald) and the 2 Rupes and this is gonna be a nasty team to play against. Loving this move...and on the cheap too.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 06:12 PM
  #186
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
and some Knights fans are asking where they fit in.

This isn't another Flem or Yovanic we're talking about.

You need jam. London has all the razz and dazz...now they need some solid filler. Restoule and Nevins fit that bill. Throw in a rookie (MacDonald) and the 2 Rupes and this is gonna be a nasty team to play against. Loving this move...and on the cheap too.
Yes PP31 u are correct on all accounts
Cant wait till London plays Windsor it might be like old times
Bowen,Bilcke,Czinder,Hunter Smith,Seiloff,Alonge match up well against the London ruffians lol
Should be interesting

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
  #187
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yes PP31 u are correct on all accounts
Cant wait till London plays Windsor it might be like old times
Bowen,Bilcke,Czinder,Hunter Smith,Seiloff,Alonge match up well against the London ruffians lol
Should be interesting
Bilcke and Nevins already have a history..pretty tight bouts as well. Let's not forget Scott Harrington...he shocked Bilcke last season. The Knights needed to toughen up..you can't have your top guys answering the bell. Although I love players that will do it all..you need wingmen. London had none last year. Nevins and Restoule are a solid base.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
  #188
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,025
vCash: 500
Agreed with PP31 and HL11 on all accounts... too bad we could have used it last year as well.

We do have alot up front but if it's a constant battle to get in the line up then you'll have to battle.

These moves combat Plymouth and Windsor and some other teams moving forward.

JL17 is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
  #189
Jackman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Agreed with PP31 and HL11 on all accounts... too bad we could have used it last year as well.

We do have alot up front but if it's a constant battle to get in the line up then you'll have to battle.

These moves combat Plymouth and Windsor and some other teams moving forward.
Windsor won't be competition for London this year. Likewise Bilcke won't be competition for Nevins. While Bilcke fights a lot he loses virtually every fight.

So yeah, London will definitely be a force this year.

Jackman is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  #190
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Surprised to read that posters think Restoule and Nevins are going to be regulars. London had the deepest forward crop last year and have arguably more this year. Time and time again we see moves like these made and the player either doesn't finish out the season or they are scratched from the new year on. Keep in mind I'm not saying Nevins is a Flemer. I know Nevins can play but it does not change the fact that you will rely on your skill over grinders when you need wins. Unless Hunter is defintely trading Athanasiou and Welychka with McCarron a no show this season. Even then, I think moves will be made in January and Nevins and Restoule will be weeded out.

Anyone wanna toss around some lines?

Nabru is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
  #191
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Surprised to read that posters think Restoule and Nevins are going to be regulars. London had the deepest forward crop last year and have arguably more this year. Time and time again we see moves like these made and the player either doesn't finish out the season or they are scratched from the new year on. Keep in mind I'm not saying Nevins is a Flemer. I know Nevins can play but it does not change the fact that you will rely on your skill over grinders when you need wins. Unless Hunter is defintely trading Athanasiou and Welychka with McCarron a no show this season. Even then, I think moves will be made in January and Nevins and Restoule will be weeded out.

Anyone wanna toss around some lines?
In my opinion AA is as good as gone.

His ego checked in above the team last season = strike 1
His camp went public and questioned the direction of the organization because AA wasn't playing= strike 2
He didn't attend the team reunion last week when the rings were handed out = strike 3

Welychka is an interesting player..I think he can fit in fine on this team....but would make interesting trade fodder to fit in a rook like MacDonald.

Yes the forward corp is deep...but there are also a lot of cookie cutters in the pantry. This lineup needs more diversity and in my opinion additions like Restoule and Nevins will force others to either step up..or ship out.


Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 08-09-2012 at 08:54 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
  #192
mkraayen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
London adds/acquires via trade:
F - Adam Restoule
F - Jack Nevins
G - Kevin Bailie

London gives up/loses:
12th Rnd (2015)
9th Rnd (2014)
4th Rnd (2013)

Added a potential starting goalie (thou some on here claim him to be backing-up Patterson - your opinion), and two 4th line forwards who can play a muck & grind style and drop the mits. And they have given up little to nothing. Knights fans should only be pleased with how Mark Hunter is filling in 'missing' pieces in very 'inexpensive' ways.

mkraayen is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
  #193
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Phlyer, I think Athanasiou being traded is one of the worst kept secrets right now. I agree with you on all fronts there. Let me add that I still think London gets a good return as they can sell him well saying he scored 20+ goals at 17, is the fastest kid in the league, drafted by one of the model NHL franchises, etc. However, not many in London will be sad to see him go. I also believe Welychka will be caught up in the numbers again. And for his sake I hope he goes some place where he get top 9 minutes. He can definitely put up good numbers with ice time. I don't really agree with you on the cookie cutter statement but the thought of a lineup with the Rupert bros, Horvat, Anderson, McCarron, Restoule, Nevins, and Raine pushing the opposition around is awesome. However, London won with mostly the same "cookie cutter" forwards last year. And I thought last year's 3rd and 4th lines were great role players and they're still here for a few more seasons at least. Granted, Watson is gone but I don't think there is another player like him in the O at the moment.

Mkraayen, no can say that these are bad moves. They are low risk, high reward type moves and I think knowledgable fans see it that way. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bailie can do. His career hasn't gone as planned after being a first round pick but last year he had a 3.15 GAA and .910 save % on a dysfunctional team. Those are actually pretty good stats considering where he was. If he can stop .900 of the shots here the team will do fine. Many contenders have won with average goalies before. (Shawinigan, St. John, Windsor)

Nabru is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM
  #194
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Phlyer, I think Athanasiou being traded is one of the worst kept secrets right now. I agree with you on all fronts there. Let me add that I still think London gets a good return as they can sell him well saying he scored 20+ goals at 17, is the fastest kid in the league, drafted by one of the model NHL franchises, etc. However, not many in London will be sad to see him go. I also believe Welychka will be caught up in the numbers again. And for his sake I hope he goes some place where he get top 9 minutes. He can definitely put up good numbers with ice time.
What do you or other knights fans see as the price tag for AA? Also what assets do you think they would be looking for?

OHLFan8771 is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
  #195
afrobomber11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Flin Flon Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
where is teichmann?

afrobomber11 is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 02:28 AM
  #196
ReLyT
Registered User
 
ReLyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
where is teichmann?
He'll be at camp cause we need the goalies. But my guess is he'll hit the waiver wire or be traded for a late pick to any team that needs a goalie. His time in London seems to be up.

ReLyT is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
  #197
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
With a pending NHL lockout looming I think you will see any "major" moves slid to the back burner until Sept 15th. With the outside possibility of Watson,Tinordi,Knight,McKegg,Namestnikov and Houser being returned..the logjam will be that much bigger. Outside chance..yes..but it could still happen that you see 2 or 3 of them sent back because most 2 ways and EL's will fill out AHL rosters.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:02 AM
  #198
dino200022
Registered User
 
dino200022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
With a pending NHL lockout looming I think you will see any "major" moves slid to the back burner until Sept 15th. With the outside possibility of Watson,Tinordi,Knight,McKegg,Namestnikov and Houser being returned..the logjam will be that much bigger. Outside chance..yes..but it could still happen that you see 2 or 3 of them sent back because most 2 ways and EL's will fill out AHL rosters.
The Knights should get Namestnikov and Houser back for sure if there is a lockout. Knight and Mckegg are a fairly good possibility as well but as far as Watson and Tinordi I Think they would be in the A for sure. If we can get two of three of those guys back we are laughing.

dino200022 is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
  #199
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
The Knights should get Namestnikov and Houser back for sure if there is a lockout. Knight and Mckegg are a fairly good possibility as well but as far as Watson and Tinordi I Think they would be in the A for sure. If we can get two of three of those guys back we are laughing.
Agreed..if anyone comes back I doubt Watson and Tinordi are among them. Anything is possible. If there is a lockout..London will be loaded.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
  #200
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Agreed..if anyone comes back I doubt Watson and Tinordi are among them. Anything is possible. If there is a lockout..London will be loaded.
The wildcard in all of this is the possibilty of these players signing on with European club teams or the KHL in which the players could sign contracts that would allow them back into the NHL or the AHL. While having these players in the CHL wouldn't allow that.

Ward Cornell is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.