*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2012, 11:09 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Oshawa trades Kevin Ballie to London for a 4th rd pick in 2013

As per Loosepucks.com twitter

Last edited by aresknights: 08-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Ottawa trades Kevin Ballie to London for a 4th rd pick in 2013

As per Loosepucks.com twitter
Dont know if it matters to much where he came from but I believe it's Oshawa.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116006

Last edited by BenchedGuy: 08-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
aresknights

My bad, brain cramp. Fixed it

Old
08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
aresknights

Rob Simpson named Asst GM

Old
08-01-2012, 10:32 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Rob Simpson named Asst GM
He is a good hockey guy, plus he can flat out skate not that that is going to help him in the front office though! Congrats to him!

Old
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Hawks19

So, this guy coaches two stacked teams in Minor Midget AAA and that gets him an AGM job with the Knights? Is he going to shaft the Jr B Stars who already signed him to be an Assistant Coach there?

Old
08-09-2012, 03:12 PM
aresknights

The London Knights have acquired forward Jack Nevins from the Kingston Frontenacs for a 9th round pick in 2014. #knightstalk #OHL

Old
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks19 View Post
So, this guy coaches two stacked teams in Minor Midget AAA and that gets him an AGM job with the Knights? Is he going to shaft the Jr B Stars who already signed him to be an Assistant Coach there?
His Assistant GM duties are on the PR/business side.

That said, never heard of an organization suggest that someone being promoted to the OHL was shafting kids.

I have heard individual parents say that who have a bit of a bias view, but never an organization. Its a selling point for them.

Old
08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
The London Knights have acquired forward Jack Nevins from the Kingston Frontenacs for a 9th round pick in 2014. #knightstalk #OHL
Great pick up by the Knights big tough forward who can play
Restoule and Nevins certainly give the Knights some snarl up front

Old
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Great pick up by the Knights big tough forward who can play
Restoule and Nevins certainly give the Knights some snarl up front
and some Knights fans are asking where they fit in.

This isn't another Flem or Yovanic we're talking about.

You need jam. London has all the razz and dazz...now they need some solid filler. Restoule and Nevins fit that bill. Throw in a rookie (MacDonald) and the 2 Rupes and this is gonna be a nasty team to play against. Loving this move...and on the cheap too.

Old
08-09-2012, 06:12 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
and some Knights fans are asking where they fit in.

This isn't another Flem or Yovanic we're talking about.

You need jam. London has all the razz and dazz...now they need some solid filler. Restoule and Nevins fit that bill. Throw in a rookie (MacDonald) and the 2 Rupes and this is gonna be a nasty team to play against. Loving this move...and on the cheap too.
Yes PP31 u are correct on all accounts
Cant wait till London plays Windsor it might be like old times
Bowen,Bilcke,Czinder,Hunter Smith,Seiloff,Alonge match up well against the London ruffians lol
Should be interesting

Old
08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yes PP31 u are correct on all accounts
Cant wait till London plays Windsor it might be like old times
Bowen,Bilcke,Czinder,Hunter Smith,Seiloff,Alonge match up well against the London ruffians lol
Should be interesting
Bilcke and Nevins already have a history..pretty tight bouts as well. Let's not forget Scott Harrington...he shocked Bilcke last season. The Knights needed to toughen up..you can't have your top guys answering the bell. Although I love players that will do it all..you need wingmen. London had none last year. Nevins and Restoule are a solid base.

Old
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
JL17

Agreed with PP31 and HL11 on all accounts... too bad we could have used it last year as well.

We do have alot up front but if it's a constant battle to get in the line up then you'll have to battle.

These moves combat Plymouth and Windsor and some other teams moving forward.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Jackman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Agreed with PP31 and HL11 on all accounts... too bad we could have used it last year as well.

We do have alot up front but if it's a constant battle to get in the line up then you'll have to battle.

These moves combat Plymouth and Windsor and some other teams moving forward.
Windsor won't be competition for London this year. Likewise Bilcke won't be competition for Nevins. While Bilcke fights a lot he loses virtually every fight.

So yeah, London will definitely be a force this year.

Old
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

Surprised to read that posters think Restoule and Nevins are going to be regulars. London had the deepest forward crop last year and have arguably more this year. Time and time again we see moves like these made and the player either doesn't finish out the season or they are scratched from the new year on. Keep in mind I'm not saying Nevins is a Flemer. I know Nevins can play but it does not change the fact that you will rely on your skill over grinders when you need wins. Unless Hunter is defintely trading Athanasiou and Welychka with McCarron a no show this season. Even then, I think moves will be made in January and Nevins and Restoule will be weeded out.

Anyone wanna toss around some lines?

Old
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Surprised to read that posters think Restoule and Nevins are going to be regulars. London had the deepest forward crop last year and have arguably more this year. Time and time again we see moves like these made and the player either doesn't finish out the season or they are scratched from the new year on. Keep in mind I'm not saying Nevins is a Flemer. I know Nevins can play but it does not change the fact that you will rely on your skill over grinders when you need wins. Unless Hunter is defintely trading Athanasiou and Welychka with McCarron a no show this season. Even then, I think moves will be made in January and Nevins and Restoule will be weeded out.

Anyone wanna toss around some lines?
In my opinion AA is as good as gone.

His ego checked in above the team last season = strike 1
His camp went public and questioned the direction of the organization because AA wasn't playing= strike 2
He didn't attend the team reunion last week when the rings were handed out = strike 3

Welychka is an interesting player..I think he can fit in fine on this team....but would make interesting trade fodder to fit in a rook like MacDonald.

Yes the forward corp is deep...but there are also a lot of cookie cutters in the pantry. This lineup needs more diversity and in my opinion additions like Restoule and Nevins will force others to either step up..or ship out.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 08-09-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old
08-09-2012, 10:05 PM
mkraayen

London adds/acquires via trade:
F - Adam Restoule
F - Jack Nevins
G - Kevin Bailie

London gives up/loses:
12th Rnd (2015)
9th Rnd (2014)
4th Rnd (2013)

Added a potential starting goalie (thou some on here claim him to be backing-up Patterson - your opinion), and two 4th line forwards who can play a muck & grind style and drop the mits. And they have given up little to nothing. Knights fans should only be pleased with how Mark Hunter is filling in 'missing' pieces in very 'inexpensive' ways.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

Phlyer, I think Athanasiou being traded is one of the worst kept secrets right now. I agree with you on all fronts there. Let me add that I still think London gets a good return as they can sell him well saying he scored 20+ goals at 17, is the fastest kid in the league, drafted by one of the model NHL franchises, etc. However, not many in London will be sad to see him go. I also believe Welychka will be caught up in the numbers again. And for his sake I hope he goes some place where he get top 9 minutes. He can definitely put up good numbers with ice time. I don't really agree with you on the cookie cutter statement but the thought of a lineup with the Rupert bros, Horvat, Anderson, McCarron, Restoule, Nevins, and Raine pushing the opposition around is awesome. However, London won with mostly the same "cookie cutter" forwards last year. And I thought last year's 3rd and 4th lines were great role players and they're still here for a few more seasons at least. Granted, Watson is gone but I don't think there is another player like him in the O at the moment.

Mkraayen, no can say that these are bad moves. They are low risk, high reward type moves and I think knowledgable fans see it that way. I'm looking forward to seeing what Bailie can do. His career hasn't gone as planned after being a first round pick but last year he had a 3.15 GAA and .910 save % on a dysfunctional team. Those are actually pretty good stats considering where he was. If he can stop .900 of the shots here the team will do fine. Many contenders have won with average goalies before. (Shawinigan, St. John, Windsor)

Old
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Phlyer, I think Athanasiou being traded is one of the worst kept secrets right now. I agree with you on all fronts there. Let me add that I still think London gets a good return as they can sell him well saying he scored 20+ goals at 17, is the fastest kid in the league, drafted by one of the model NHL franchises, etc. However, not many in London will be sad to see him go. I also believe Welychka will be caught up in the numbers again. And for his sake I hope he goes some place where he get top 9 minutes. He can definitely put up good numbers with ice time.
What do you or other knights fans see as the price tag for AA? Also what assets do you think they would be looking for?

Old
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
afrobomber11

where is teichmann?

Old
08-10-2012, 02:28 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
where is teichmann?
He'll be at camp cause we need the goalies. But my guess is he'll hit the waiver wire or be traded for a late pick to any team that needs a goalie. His time in London seems to be up.

Old
08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

With a pending NHL lockout looming I think you will see any "major" moves slid to the back burner until Sept 15th. With the outside possibility of Watson,Tinordi,Knight,McKegg,Namestnikov and Houser being returned..the logjam will be that much bigger. Outside chance..yes..but it could still happen that you see 2 or 3 of them sent back because most 2 ways and EL's will fill out AHL rosters.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:02 AM
dino200022

Quote:
With a pending NHL lockout looming I think you will see any "major" moves slid to the back burner until Sept 15th. With the outside possibility of Watson,Tinordi,Knight,McKegg,Namestnikov and Houser being returned..the logjam will be that much bigger. Outside chance..yes..but it could still happen that you see 2 or 3 of them sent back because most 2 ways and EL's will fill out AHL rosters.
The Knights should get Namestnikov and Houser back for sure if there is a lockout. Knight and Mckegg are a fairly good possibility as well but as far as Watson and Tinordi I Think they would be in the A for sure. If we can get two of three of those guys back we are laughing.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
The Knights should get Namestnikov and Houser back for sure if there is a lockout. Knight and Mckegg are a fairly good possibility as well but as far as Watson and Tinordi I Think they would be in the A for sure. If we can get two of three of those guys back we are laughing.
Agreed..if anyone comes back I doubt Watson and Tinordi are among them. Anything is possible. If there is a lockout..London will be loaded.

Old
08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Agreed..if anyone comes back I doubt Watson and Tinordi are among them. Anything is possible. If there is a lockout..London will be loaded.
The wildcard in all of this is the possibilty of these players signing on with European club teams or the KHL in which the players could sign contracts that would allow them back into the NHL or the AHL. While having these players in the CHL wouldn't allow that.

Closed Thread