HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane

Old
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Retail1LO
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
To me, trading Kane for picks and prospects is great....but the real draw to doing it is having a shot at Parise or Suter. The rest is gravy. If you replace Kane with either of those two....then whatever picks, prospects, and or top end talent you get for Kane, is gravy.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
madgoat33

nobody is saying the islanders SHOULD trade tavares for kane they are saying that the hawks SHOULDN"T trade kane to the islanders unless they are getting tavares. Big difference.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I agree with this. And, AmericanDream...maybe he is a contender for the US Olympic team...but that isn't saying much...your offense isn't that impressive.

also...why would we want niederreiter...he's shown so far he's not ready to handle NHL play and who knows how good he will be.

I also see no benefit to getting Galenchyuk if Kane is who we lose.

We need players who will help us now...not more prospects to add to the heap.
kid is going to be in the NHL this year, so he will help us now....

as for the US offense not being impressive, it wasnt really impressive in 2010, but you needed a lucky goal in o.t to beat us...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
kid is going to be in the NHL this year, so he will help us now....

as for the US offense not being impressive, it wasnt really impressive in 2010, but you needed a lucky goal in o.t to beat us...
Who won?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:18 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
nobody is saying the islanders SHOULD trade tavares for kane they are saying that the hawks SHOULDN"T trade kane to the islanders unless they are getting tavares. Big difference.
no its not.

its the same damn thing.

anyone saying this doesnt understand the value of Tavares as a center, and Kane as a winger....it is way off....

I want to trade Hjalmarsson to the Ducks but I want Bobby Ryan in return....just because I say this doesnt make it any less realistic..

Old
06-21-2012, 07:19 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Who won?
Belarus

Old
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Belarus
Who won?

anyway...our offense is going to be amazing this time around...we're going to be the most offensively stacked team in the tournament. our goaltending is another issue...but our offense will be amazing. yours will not be...esp. with a guy like okposo there.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
no its not.

its the same damn thing.

anyone saying this doesnt understand the value of Tavares as a center, and Kane as a winger....it is way off....

I want to trade Hjalmarsson to the Ducks but I want Bobby Ryan in return....just because I say this doesnt make it any less realistic..
its really not even remotely close to the same thing and I'm not sure how you can't see the difference.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Who won?

anyway...our offense is going to be amazing this time around...we're going to be the most offensively stacked team in the tournament. our goaltending is another issue...but our offense will be amazing. yours will not be...esp. with a guy like okposo there.
blah blah blah...you will finish in 6th place like every other non North American Olympics.... Canada with that amazing offense wont muster more then 2 goals against the Swiss.....seen it before and will see it again...

Old
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
its really not even remotely close to the same thing and I'm not sure how you can't see the difference.
....I just dont know anymore, or care anymore....

all I care about is the Hawks going out there and getting Suter or Parise.

drafting some players with highend potential and not a bunch of future grinders..

find a solid ****ing coach to replace Q eventually....

and see what our young kids can do....

outside of that, just wasting my life arguing over things that who knows will or wont happen...

Old
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
madgoat33

meanwhile, the USA led by kane and quick will be wearing that sweet sweet gold.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
meanwhile, the USA led by kane and quick will be wearing that sweet sweet gold.
I doubt that, as Patrick Kane is arrested before the Olympics starts for public intoxication and prostitution...

Old
06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
I doubt that, as Patrick Kane is arrested before the Olympics starts for public intoxication and prostitution...
kane is going to start selling his body?

Old
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Who won?

kane, brown, parise, stastny, ryan, pavelski, callahan, kesler, backes, oshie, kessel, etc.

but you can keep bringing up okposo i guess. you're a good poster, and i have no problems with you, but don't be one of those annoying canadians who can't admit when usa hockey is good. we have probably the second best depth at forwards behind canada

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Canada, as usual, has a chemistry issue with their forwards. They always will have the most talent in the tournament. As a unit, however, they have some trouble working together.

Fortunately for them, the group got it together prior to playing Russia (2010) and kept things going until the end.

The U.S. doesn't have a chemistry issue and will be better than it was in 2010. They are a definite contender as well.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:15 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
kane, brown, parise, stastny, ryan, pavelski, callahan, kesler, backes, oshie, kessel, etc.

but you can keep bringing up okposo i guess. you're a good poster, and i have no problems with you, but don't be one of those annoying canadians who can't admit when usa hockey is good. we have probably the second best depth at forwards behind canada
I never said US Hockey isn't good...in fact, if there's one team that will beat us Socchi it will probably be the US...our goaltending is a complete joke compared to the US and that's going to cause us problems...in fact, it might be the main reason we lose. But I still have no problem saying we have the deepest offense out of any country by quite a bit.

...and the reason I was bringing Okposo up is because *you* tried to sell him on the fact he'd be on the US Olympic team...and I was saying that fact didn't impress me all that much.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Pepe Silvia

lol where did i try to sell him on making the team?

and obviously canada has the deepest offense going into the olympics. that doesn't mean team usa's forwards are somehow bad. kyle okposo does not represent the rest of our forwards. although i think okposo deserves a lot more credit than you give him, especially considering he's on one of the worst teams in the league. doesn't mean i think he should be on team usa though. who knows, he might improve a lot and impress the coaches. if he does make the team, he'd be a fourth liner anyway

and canada and the us are not the only teams with a shot at the gold, especially since it's on european soil with the bigger ice. russia might get their **** together. they have a number of players with great talent. and sweden is always good

Old
06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
lol where did i try to sell him on making the team?

and obviously canada has the deepest offense going into the olympics. that doesn't mean team usa's forwards are somehow bad. kyle okposo does not represent the rest of our forwards. although i think okposo deserves a lot more credit than you give him, especially considering he's on one of the worst teams in the league. doesn't mean i think he should be on team usa though. who knows, he might improve a lot and impress the coaches. if he does make the team, he'd be a fourth liner anyway

and canada and the us are not the only teams with a shot at the gold, especially since it's on european soil with the bigger ice. russia might get their **** together. they have a number of players with great talent. and sweden is always good
sorry...my bad...i meant AmericanDream, not you. I was bringing it up b/c AD had mentioned him making the team. Sorry about that.

ETA...it's not like i think Okposo sucks...but the idea we should send Kane of the the Isle in return for Okposo, Galchenyuk, and Niederrater is a joke.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Pepe Silvia

haha all good

Old
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Canada, as usual, has a chemistry issue with their forwards. They always will have the most talent in the tournament. As a unit, however, they have some trouble working together.

Fortunately for them, the group got it together prior to playing Russia (2010) and kept things going until the end.

The U.S. doesn't have a chemistry issue and will be better than it was in 2010. They are a definite contender as well.
Team Canada tends to be overmanaged. On top of that there is a tendency, which is SOMETIMES, but not always, suppressed, to try to make an "old fashioned good old Canadian style hockey" team rather than just putting out the best players the country has.

That's where the "chemistry" problems (which are real) come from.

It goes in cycles though. Some olympics better, some olympics worse.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Team Canada tends to be overmanaged. On top of that there is a tendency, which is SOMETIMES, but not always, suppressed, to try to make an "old fashioned good old Canadian style hockey" team rather than just putting out the best players the country has.

That's where the "chemistry" problems (which are real) come from.

It goes in cycles though. Some olympics better, some olympics worse.
It didn't help that Gretzky was around for 2006...it turned into some ill-advised dream team scenario of 2002 carry-overs. Yzerman is way too savvy to make the same mistake.

For 2014, they should keep the team relatively young - the "veterans" should be people like Toews, Crosby, Keith, Doughty, Weber...who won last time...and the new additions should be heavy from the under 30 crowd....that where our most elite players lie. It will be tough for us b/c of our assy goal situation (although, god-willing, Price will be up for the job)...but I feel we can win it.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
sorry...my bad...i meant AmericanDream, not you. I was bringing it up b/c AD had mentioned him making the team. Sorry about that.
I said he was in contention for making the team....never said he would make the team??

I think by 2014 he will be one of those guys that will be in that final 4-5 choices for the US because he plays a style that the US team loves, and he answers the call to play for the US at the WC, as plenty other players do not...

Old
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I said he was in contention for making the team....never said he would make the team??

I think by 2014 he will be one of those guys that will be in that final 4-5 choices for the US because he plays a style that the US team loves, and he answers the call to play for the US at the WC, as plenty other players do not...
Fine, good luck to him. That doesn't make him someone who should be part of a Kane deal.

In fact...there should be NO Kane deal at this point.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Blackhawks4life

you guys are wasting all your time talking about kane..he is not going anywhere and i'm glad he is not...he is part of our young core; you don't trade your top players. Ask philly fans how they feel!!! Richards and carter partied too much so the report was.....well drinking out of the cup is all richards is doing now...patients ppl..we won our cup and can get back there with the core

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
tomcat24

Actually most of the philly fans I talk with are still very happy with the deal. They are happy for All the ex-flyers on the team but realize they weren't going to win with those 2 being thr main parts and now they have so much young and talented and gritty forwards moving forward. This is a team to watch

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote