HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 11:53 PM
  #151
Blackhawks4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
Actually most of the philly fans I talk with are still very happy with the deal. They are happy for All the ex-flyers on the team but realize they weren't going to win with those 2 being thr main parts and now they have so much young and talented and gritty forwards moving forward. This is a team to watch
young talent..that is a luxury however with a salary cap, you need to win the cup when you have the chance......if they keep richards and carter, the may of had had the team to win

Blackhawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
  #152
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
Actually most of the philly fans I talk with are still very happy with the deal. They are happy for All the ex-flyers on the team but realize they weren't going to win with those 2 being thr main parts and now they have so much young and talented and gritty forwards moving forward. This is a team to watch
I don't think the trade is something the Philly fans should feel bad about. Just b/c Carter and Richards ended up on a cup winning team doesn't mean it was a bad trade.

I'll reveal my bias by saying I have a ton of time for Richards, who I think is a fantastic player and got a raw deal when it came to the Philly press, and absolutely no time for Carter, who I think is a real loser of a guy.

That aside...I think when you look at the players got Philly got back (specifically Schenn and Couturier) this is a trade that will help Philadelphia...just like it's a trade that will have helped LA. Sometimes, it is in fact possible to have a trade where both teams end up benefitting.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:56 AM
  #153
tomcat24
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
And this is the kind of trade that can help chicago, too. If I trade kane I would want a similar return. We get 2 nhl-ready tough and skilled wingers for the top 9 to add to elite forwards in Toews, Sharp, and Hossa. Those 3 can still get a lot of points but by adding 2 gritty players to add to bolland, a year of shaw, plus maybe guys like Foligno or Smith if we trade Hammer to ottawa we could also score against big, tough teams

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:04 AM
  #154
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 500
can we stop all the kane trade talk? It's not going to happen

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:58 AM
  #155
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
can we stop all the kane trade talk? It's not going to happen
How do you know that? StanBo is at the helm.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
  #156
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 500
Because Stan Bo is not dumb. Many like to think he is but he is a good GM - good enough to know that this would be a mistake

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
  #157
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
How do you know that? StanBo is at the helm.
Thats exactly why he won't be..they're good friends and Bowman doesn't make knee jerk reactions like everyone else want's him to do.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:45 AM
  #158
MrV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
The only trade I make for Kane is one that sends Stamkos to the Hawks.
(Kane, Hammer and Morin for Stamkos)
Think Stevie I would go for it?
Otherwise, don't trade him.

MrV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  #159
Ujjy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrV View Post
The only trade I make for Kane is one that sends Stamkos to the Hawks.
(Kane, Hammer and Morin for Stamkos)
Think Stevie I would go for it?
Otherwise, don't trade him.
Aren't Stamkos and Kane pretty good friends? That would be so awkward for them

Ujjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:17 PM
  #160
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 500
there would be more players I'd trade Kane for, but we won't get them

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:12 AM
  #161
Gabranth
#19 #88
 
Gabranth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
As much as i love Evander (especially after he one hit KO'd Cooke) i wouldn't trade him for Patrick.

Gabranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:28 AM
  #162
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Thats exactly why he won't be..they're good friends and Bowman doesn't make knee jerk reactions like everyone else want's him to do.
He doesn't make reactions at all. He sits with a puzzled look on his face and waits for a Blackberry Message from Daddy telling him what to do.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:41 AM
  #163
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
He doesn't make reactions at all. He sits with a puzzled look on his face and waits for a Blackberry Message from Daddy telling him what to do.
Which one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stan Blow.jpg‎ (6.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Stan Blow2.jpg‎ (5.7 KB, 0 views)

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
  #164
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,321
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Because Stan Bo is not dumb. Many like to think he is but he is a good GM - good enough to know that this would be a mistake
You really make a fool out of yourself when you write meaningless tripe like that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:46 AM
  #165
Central PA Hawk Fan
Registered User
 
Central PA Hawk Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: York, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
You really make a fool out of yourself when you write meaningless tripe like that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, talk about others looking like fools?

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
  #166
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
I swear some of you would trade Kane or hjalmarsson for anything just for the sale of making a trade.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:06 AM
  #167
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,321
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, talk about others looking like fools?
When I have ever made a fool of myself. Bowman still can't get this team out of the first round. Emery is still the worst goalie in the NHL.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:23 AM
  #168
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,774
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Because Stan Bo is not dumb. Many like to think he is but he is a good GM - good enough to know that this would be a mistake
Oduya? Flolik? Emery? Bruno? A pretty decent draft GM and not much else. I don't think he will make a trade because he is still figuring out how to make a call with his BB.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  #169
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 500
Emery as of now is not a mistake
Oduya is for D depth and not a mistake
I would have given Frolik the same deal and we all liked it
Bruno was the only FA willing to sign a 1 year deal last year


what else do you have? Pisani when he had no other chance?


Bowman has a team that makes the POs and needs better coaching. He build a Top5 prospect pool

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
  #170
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Oduya? Flolik? Emery? Bruno? A pretty decent draft GM and not much else. I don't think he will make a trade because he is still figuring out how to make a call with his BB.
Bruno was the only mistake here.

Oduya is a good dman signed to a decent contract, and worth the picks that will likely never make it to the NHl.

Frolik was coming off of a big playoff, and had 20 goals in each of his previous 2 seasons, any other GM would of done the same (plus got rid of Skille in that deal)

Emery was a good backup signed for almost the minimum, and proved he is capable of the back up so signed for another year in a year where there is crap for available goalies.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:16 PM
  #171
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,321
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Bruno was the only mistake here.

Oduya is a good dman signed to a decent contract, and worth the picks that will likely never make it to the NHl.

Frolik was coming off of a big playoff, and had 20 goals in each of his previous 2 seasons, any other GM would of done the same (plus got rid of Skille in that deal)

Emery was a good backup signed for almost the minimum, and proved he is capable of the back up so signed for another year in a year where there is crap for available goalies.
Problem is, a large part of the board thinks Oduya, Frolik and Emery suck and want them gone. You're not convincing those people. Only performance is going to do that, not words.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
  #172
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Emery as of now is not a mistake
Oduya is for D depth and not a mistake
I would have given Frolik the same deal and we all liked it
Bruno was the only FA willing to sign a 1 year deal last year


what else do you have? Pisani when he had no other chance?


Bowman has a team that makes the POs and needs better coaching. He build a Top5 prospect pool
The mistake with Emery was the timing of the signing.
Oduya is getting paid a lot for being a depth signing.
I would not have given Frolik that deal and did not like the signing at that dollar amount.
I had no problem with the Bruno signing. Sometime guys just lose it and he clearly did this year.

A top 5 prospect pool is no guarantee that the Hawks will improve.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
  #173
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Oduya is at best a good 3rd pairing guy being paid like a 2nd pairing guy for far too long. Anyone using that as a positive for Bowman is clueless.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
  #174
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
The mistake with Emery was the timing of the signing.
Oduya is getting paid a lot for being a depth signing.
I would not have given Frolik that deal and did not like the signing at that dollar amount.
I had no problem with the Bruno signing. Sometime guys just lose it and he clearly did this year.

A top 5 prospect pool is no guarantee that the Hawks will improve.
Emery was signed, no other Free Agent is better and would maybe a slight upgrade. Nothing to get excited
Oduya is what he is and took less than he would get as UFA
Look back to last years thread with Frolik and you will see 90+% of positiv responses. Coldsteel wrote "outSTANding"

He took over with a bottom 10 prospect pool and with his drafting and trades, he build a Top5 pool

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
  #175
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,321
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Look back to last years thread with Frolik and you will see 90+% of positiv responses. Coldsteel wrote "outSTANding"
Yeah, I never liked Frolik at all from day one UNTIL the playoffs where the guy was just a flat out beast. I thought it all came together for him once he got that first taste of playoff action. Boy was I wrong. The single stupidest thing I have ever endorsed or said on these boards. I knew better but was blinded by the playoffs. I was SO WRONG.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.