HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders Targeting Possible Defensemen via trade

Old
06-17-2012, 05:39 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki View Post
Isles should not take Ballard for free. If you want 4.2M cap relief for the next 3 years you have to add.
What are you on? Ballard is not a dump by any means. He's a top 4 that has been misused by the coaching staff and behind two LSD that are much better than he is.

This is fair value and what's likely going to take for Gillis to swing a deal.

I'm only suggestion this because of Schultz wanting to sign with Canucks or Garrison wanting to sign with the Canucks we have a surplus of D. If Schultz doesn't sign then we keep Ballard on the third pair and watch his stock grow.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Just wondering how they are saying Michalek is on an unmovable contract? I'd love that guy on the Sens.
Staples didn't say he was unmovable.He named him along with 3 others,saying they were playing mediocre hockey and their contracts were fairly unworkable.

Ballard,Martin and Michalek each have 3 yrs on their contracts,paying $4m-$5m.
Maybe the isles don't want to take on 3 yrs of a struggling players contract.

JayBo's $6.6m deal is even uglier.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Ballard, Raymond for Okposo

Or

Ballard, 3rd for 2 2nds
Missed the part of Staples article,where he writes about Ballard's mediocre play and unworkable contract?

Old
06-17-2012, 05:42 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Okposo & Neiderreiter for Marc Staal

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:45 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
What are you on? Ballard is not a dump by any means. He's a top 4 that has been misused by the coaching staff and behind two LSD that are much better than he is.

I'm only suggestion this because of Schultz wanting to sign with Canucks or Garrison wanting to sign with the Canucks we have a surplus of D. If Schultz doesn't sign then we keep Ballard on the third pair and watch his stock grow.
Ballard was also hurt for chunks of the last two years. He's a #3/4 that's pretty decent. He has not been put in offensive situations in Vancouver. Hip-checks are amazing too.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:46 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Missed the part of Staples article,where he writes about Ballard's mediocre play and unworkable contract?
I didn't read the article. Just read the title of the thread. So yes I did miss the part where the writer speculates what he thinks is an immovable contract. Good thing he runs the team though and the rumors of NYI asking for Ballard during the deadline were false.

Old
06-17-2012, 05:46 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
I'm too lazy to search through five pages but does anyone else find it interesting that the Isles are rumored to be shopping for a defenseman while the Flames are rumoring to use JayBo to move up?

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
lefty2time*

He should get Boumeester and Ballard..
and reunite them. They used to be a pretty good pairing. Each of those two guys still have the physical skills to do what they did. They are both still pretty young. You could have a pretty good second pairing for cheap if they get even half the chemistry they used to have.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Lenny on Ice

vCash: 0
Quote:

If you think Ballard is that good you should keep him at 4.2M and play him as your #6. Why should Isles overpay every year for a recently not so good Ballard when they could offer even 7M for a much better Garrison.

Lenny on Ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:59 PM
A Sequel to Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
He should get Boumeester and Ballard..
and reunite them. They used to be a pretty good pairing. Each of those two guys still have the physical skills to do what they did. They are both still pretty young. You could have a pretty good second pairing for cheap if they get even half the chemistry they used to have.
Yep.

A Sequel to Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
And there it is. No, not a chance. Now please never post about Komisarek to the Islanders again.

I would definitely consider this. I love Pitkanen.
I think that would be a great deal for the Islanders. Still have a top 10 pick and fill a hole in the process.

06-17-2012, 06:14 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I didn't read the article. Just read the title of the thread. So yes I did miss the part where the writer speculates what he thinks is an immovable contract. Good thing he runs the team though and the rumors of NYI asking for Ballard during the deadline were false.
Staples didn't say those 4 contracts were immovable.
He said for the isles, they were fairly unworkable.

Staples has a very good rep.He's very credible.

If someone says the Isles asked for Ballard at the trade deadline,please post a link or provide the source's name.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I'm too lazy to search through five pages but does anyone else find it interesting that the Isles are rumored to be shopping for a defenseman while the Flames are rumoring to use JayBo to move up?
Anyone as suspicious as I am, that days after Snow is grilled by ex-STH in a meet and greet,he does a 180 on trading for a top 4 defenseman?

Old
06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
4th overall for Boychuk, Krug, and a 2nd
I like boychuk but isles have a plethora of undersized dmen so Krug isn't what I'd like. 4th overall for boychuk & a 2nd isn't worth it imo. Need to give up more from Boston's side

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:26 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
I like boychuk but isles have a plethora of undersized dmen so Krug isn't what I'd like. 4th overall for boychuk & a 2nd isn't worth it imo. Need to give up more from Boston's side
Totally right, Boychuk is not worth a lottery pick and I don't think Boston is prepared to give up anything else that we'd want.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Laterade

Please be Ballard.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
wej20

Quote:
If you think Ballard is that good you should keep him at 4.2M and play him as your #6. Why should Isles overpay every year for a recently not so good Ballard when they could offer even 7M for a much better Garrison.
7 million for Garrison? awful idea.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Pretty much why I wanted to package Subban and Eller to Edmonton for first overall. We're not a playoff team just yet. Might as well get another prospect. Tis why I want to ship off Plekanec to Anaheim too.
Who the heck would our #2 center be? Gomez? White?

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:39 PM
KISSland

Quote:
How is this overpayment? I just need to know what makes you think that. And also what a fair deal in your opinion would be.

I said that if Gillis gets both Garrison and Schultz then I think Ballard is gone for his role he's overpaid to be on the 3rd pairing. Now if he gets Garrison but not Schultz I'm confident he'll stick to Ballard for the time being.

He's just not a good fit here. A defender on the third pairing should be making between 1.5-3M not over 4M.

Which is why I hope we can get Schultz and let him play in the 3rd pair with Tanev(~1M)

Edit: I just saw the 7M for Garrison, lol come on man really? He'll likely get 4-5.5M with Florida. I could see him signing in Vancouver for 4Mx4yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Staples didn't say those 4 contracts were immovable.
He said for the isles, they were fairly unworkable.

Staples has a very good rep.He's very credible.

If someone says the Isles asked for Ballard at the trade deadline,please post a link or provide the source's name.
I'm fairly confident that it was Gillis that said it himself on the radio that NYI called him in regards to Ballard, but all they were offering was drat picks which at the time he wasn't interested in.

If someone can find me the article I would really appreciate it.

Don't know how it would be unworkable.. The going rate for a top 4 in this market will likely command an upwards of 4.5M unless Snow is looking for a cheap young top 4 defender in which case that makes a lot of sense.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:45 PM
DJOpus

Three way:

To NYI: Alex Edler + Keith Ballard
To MTL: NYI 2012 1st (4th overall) + NYI 2nd + VAN 2nd
To VAN: NYI 2013 1st + Thomas Plakanec

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:48 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Three way:

**** no for van.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:51 PM
AmazingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
How about Lubomir Visnovsky from the Ducks? Wouldn't cost you your 1st rounder (maybe your 2nd round pick?), has a cap hit of $5.6 but only makes 3 mill in actual salary and will be off your book next season

That would (imo) be especially awesome if the Ducks got Murray...

Fowler-Beauch
Sbisa-Murray
Lydman-Vatanen

re-building the Ducks' Defense.
Canucks will give you a 2nd + 3rd for Visnovsky.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Three way:

So.... MTL gives up Pleks.... and in return..... get's the 4th overall, 34th overall and VAN 2nd.

Yup, that totally sounds fair.[/sarcasm]

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:00 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Three way:

NYI just got bent over

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Lenny on Ice

Quote:
How is this overpayment? I just need to know what makes you think that. And also what a fair deal in your opinion would be.

I said that if Gillis gets both Garrison and Schultz then I think Ballard is gone for his role he's overpaid to be on the 3rd pairing. Now if he gets Garrison but not Schultz I'm confident he'll stick to Ballard for the time being.

He's just not a good fit here. A defender on the third pairing should be making between 1.5-3M not over 4M.

Which is why I hope we can get Schultz and let him play in the 3rd pair with Tanev(~1M)

Edit: I just saw the 7M for Garrison, lol come on man really? He'll likely get 4-5.5M with Florida. I could see him signing in Vancouver for 4Mx4yrs.
See, you said it yourself, Ballard is not a good fit for Vancouver. So why should Isles give up picks in a trade for him. If you want to get cap relief you need to pay for it.

Of course Isles need to overpay in any case to get UFA and they COULD COULD COULD overpay much for Garrison, while Staple reported that Ballard has a bad contract.

Lenny on Ice is online now   Reply With Quote