HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Burke talking Leafs and business of hockey (26 min video)

Old
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
ITM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhiteblue View Post
I know how much Steve makes and he's worth every penny. Best moderator for a current affairs show in Canada - period.
His ability isn't in question. I was just shocked that anyone on that network made that salary.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:24 PM
theTTC

Wow, thank you OP. A must see for Leaf fans, Steve Paiken does it right. Burke is a wonderful man, one of the "good guys". Too bad his team is still not competitive and with no real hope in sight after almost 4 years; I really do feel sorry for him.

theTTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTTC View Post
Wow, thank you OP. A must see for Leaf fans, Steve Paiken does it right. Burke is a wonderful man, one of the "good guys". Too bad his team is still not competitive and with no real hope in sight after almost 4 years; I really do feel sorry for him.
I would agree, Burke to me honestly seems like the kind of person you want as a boss. And from what he suggested in the interview, it seems like some hockey players feel the same way.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:44 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Dr. Hannibal Lecter

burke said in this interview, "the leafs need a goaltending upgrade and then we'd be a playoff team".

this statement made me go so luongo for sure? haha, can't wait for the draft!

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

"The Bruins parade line was around 2 miles long. We'll need 10." Awesome!

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
TheOneArmedMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Fan Since 93 View Post
What is Burke blowing on about now? The leafs are at arguably their lowest point in their history, they are the only team to not make the playoffs since the lockout which was nearly 10 years ago and 4 years into Burke's regime they are STILL a lottery team.

Really Burke needs to **** and stop making these absurd statements, he instead should be working his tail off to find ways to make this team better. Lets put it this way, if Burke puts half the energy he does into rambling about stupid ish and focus on a winning team he'd have one by now.
Burke did an interview recently said the teams problems go deeper than just the coach. I think there is something going on at the upper level and they may be giving Burke problems.

TheOneArmedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:49 PM
NomNom
Oh Yeah

Send a message via Skype™ to NomNom
[QUOTE=Leaf Fan Since 93;50849119]What is Burke blowing on about now? The leafs are at arguably their lowest point in their history, they are the only team to not make the playoffs since the lockout which was nearly 10 years ago and 4 years into Burke's regime they are STILL a lottery team.
/QUOTE]

I think you may need to verify that with Leaf Fans Since Pre 93.

*sigh* The dramatics here.

NomNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:42 PM
TrueBlue86

Brian Burke talking Leafs and business of hockey (26 min video)

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/178645/bria...usiness-hockey

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Grant
LL Genius

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206987

Has been discussed here already if you wanted to look through that thread. Was a pretty interesting interview, I like hearing about all the behind the scenes stuff and the stories personally.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:10 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206987

Has been discussed here already if you wanted to look through that thread. Was a pretty interesting interview, I like hearing about all the behind the scenes stuff and the stories personally.
Personally I would like to make the playoffs and then contend for the Cup, that's what he was hired to do.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:36 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Personally I would like to make the playoffs and then contend for the Cup, that's what he was hired to do.
yea i think he's a bit too focused on entertainment

in toronto, most of us are knowledgeable fans, and winning= entertainment, especially when the team has missed the playoffs for an excruciating 7 years

but if he considers the la kings and devils to have an entertaining style that means his threshold for entertainment is not too high, which is good

i think he went out of his way to build the softest team in the league, with our run and gun style

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 02:58 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
yea i think he's a bit too focused on entertainment

in toronto, most of us are knowledgeable fans, and winning= entertainment, especially when the team has missed the playoffs for an excruciating 7 years

but if he considers the la kings and devils to have an entertaining style that means his threshold for entertainment is not too high, which is good

i think he went out of his way to build the softest team in the league, with our run and gun style
He put his friend Ronnie ahead of his duties as President and GM, and continued his disengenious babble to the masses. Filled his pockets and his Friends who advised him on his incompetent personel decisions.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:29 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
He put his friend Ronnie ahead of his duties as President and GM, and continued his disengenious babble to the masses. Filled his pockets and his Friends who advised him on his incompetent personel decisions.
bang on !!!!!!! and if we can all see it ,,,i imagine the new people involved in a 1.5 billion aquisition with the main piece being the leafs ,,,,they know it too

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
bang on !!!!!!! and if we can all see it ,,,i imagine the new people involved in a 1.5 billion aquisition with the main piece being the leafs ,,,,they know it too
That group buying the organization, knows hockey far better than the two of you, and they're going to give him a vote of confidence.

Can't believe people think this should've been turned around so fast. The more I hear the crying, the more I question how they haven't figured it out yet.

In the spirit of Freebird...

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
That group buying the organization, knows hockey far better than the two of you, and they're going to give him a vote of confidence.

Can't believe people think this should've been turned around so fast. The more I hear the crying, the more I question how they haven't figured it out yet.

In the spirit of Freebird...
Just taking our cue from the man himself...

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 06:58 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

and it's well, known, to Burke, even, that his statement was made a little prematurely. It's an on-going thing.

He may have said it, but that doesn't mean you have to completely believe it.

You people can be mighty gullible.

lol

Old
06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Confucius

Quote:
and it's well, known, to Burke, even, that his statement was made a little prematurely. It's an on-going thing.

He may have said it, but that doesn't mean you have to completely believe it.

You people can be mighty gullible.

lol
Not only did he say it, he acted on it.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
darrylsittler27

Pure genius..

Trading two key pieces to Boston and then missing the playoffs anyway,genius at work.Signing Komisarek to $5 million,astute talent assesment.Overpaying Connolly when no one wanted him,then being forced to pay Grabovski("$5 million for Grabovski is ludicrous!").There is no way the new ownership wont be able to see the truculence and testosterone this club embodies.Missing the playoffs 4 years and having absolutely no elite talent to show is something none of us could ever do.And for his final gaffe..Luongo at $64 million.He runs the Leafs like Enron.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

lock Buorcke in a cage until we win. That's what I say. Also his family too.

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Trading two key pieces to Boston and then missing the playoffs anyway,genius at work.Signing Komisarek to $5 million,astute talent assesment.Overpaying Connolly when no one wanted him,then being forced to pay Grabovski("$5 million for Grabovski is ludicrous!").There is no way the new ownership wont be able to see the truculence and testosterone this club embodies.Missing the playoffs 4 years and having absolutely no elite talent to show is something none of us could ever do.And for his final gaffe..Luongo at $64 million.He runs the Leafs like Enron.
Well, Komisarek didn't show anyone, prior to signing here, that he wasn't a solid defensive D-man. It was only later that we discovered that he was lost without Markov.

Connelly was supposed to be a stop-gap center. Yes, he overpaid for him, but nobody expected the lack of production out of Connelly that he displayed this year.

Nazem Kadri, with the elite hands and vision, says Hi.

Luongo isn't a Leaf.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:01 PM
MrLegend28

What's funny is, most Toronto fans have no idea what theyre talking about lol. They want a rebuild but cry when we suck. Same **** happens in Baseball. I'd say most T.O fans are delusional bandwagoners truth be told.

MrLegend28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Aplayaz2000

you'd have to look at it two ways

be open minded, sports is entertainment... it's not something you should hang yourself over, with a noose literally

and what the hell do you want Burke to say other than he is graded himself an F
he isn't going to flat out tell you the truth
its called morale

Aplayaz2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:20 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

People expect him to be infallible. Another case where everyone deemed him the saviour the day he walked through the door.

He hasn't won a cup or anything. He didn't build a good majority of the Canucks team that went to the finals last season or anything, either.

What is this hack even doing here?

lol.

Old
06-17-2012, 09:28 PM
darrylsittler27

Really, what are his elite stats in the NHL?

Quote:
Well, Komisarek didn't show anyone, prior to signing here, that he wasn't a solid defensive D-man. It was only later that we discovered that he was lost without Markov.

Connelly was supposed to be a stop-gap center. Yes, he overpaid for him, but nobody expected the lack of production out of Connelly that he displayed this year.

Nazem Kadri, with the elite hands and vision, says Hi.

Luongo isn't a Leaf.
Kadri is elite?Why isn't he in the NHL then?Oh you mean hi from the AHL where he isnt even the best player?Oh now I understand....doh.

About Komi,if he cant see what dud he is,why is he a GM?

Burke has continually shown disregard for the intelligence of Leaf fans.His job is more important than what is good for the franchise.He will try and save his job,no matter what the cost to the fans for years.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:39 PM
BozakKadriKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Kadri is elite?Why isn't he in the NHL then?Oh you mean hi from the AHL where he isnt even the best player?Oh now I understand....doh.

About Komi,if he cant see what dud he is,why is he a GM?

Burke has continually shown disregard for the intelligence of Leaf fans.His job is more important than what is good for the franchise.He will try and save his job,no matter what the cost to the fans for years.
Can u read? He said he has elite hands.. Not a total package.. Komi was a great d-man in montreal. Burke has brought in many key players and has stocked piled the ahl.. I mean AHL success is overrated if you have a older team but not the leafs. Leafs were lead by the frattins, the kadri's, well zigo was big but the development and the success of the young players in the toronto system cannot be overlooked...

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote