HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Talk. Gilman: "Conceivable we make a deal this weekend"

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 05:26 PM
KISSland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
also where the hell did this zajac stuff come from, certainly not from a devils fan i would bet
Neutral fab suggested it.

Old
06-17-2012, 05:29 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Devils fans have never not had a number one goalie. The world without one must seem like a terrifying place.
Even when Brodeur was out in 2008-09, Clemmensen played lights out. They seemed to be blessed in net.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Svengeance

vCash: 50
Strombone ‏@strombone1
Why is there an award for best backup? “@Meowmimi1981: @strombone1 are you going to Vegas for the NHL award next week?”

oh wow

Old
06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
Strombone ‏@strombone1
Why is there an award for best backup? @Meowmimi1981: @strombone1 are you going to Vegas for the NHL award next week?

oh wow
..Yeah he's not staying.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Treefingers
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Luongo and Booth for Lucic and Thomas.

In this scenario nobody gets a bad deal. Two of the best goalies in the game start anew somewhere, in a desireable destination.

Two forwards go to teams that need thier skillset. In all probability, the Canucks are overpaying for Lucic but Thomas might play or become a moveable asset. I think this makes an attractive situation for everyone except Lucic. It's too bad the riotous element defaced his church. He probably won't come here.

Quote:
Strombone ‏@strombone1
Why is there an award for best backup? @Meowmimi1981: @strombone1 are you going to Vegas for the NHL award next week?

oh wow
Lawl.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Svengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
..Yeah he's not staying.
Any sliver of anything I was holding onto has left the building with that tweet.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Any sliver of anything I was holding onto has left the building with that tweet.
If you've read any of his other tweets it's pretty clear he has a pretty self deprecating sense of humor, I wouldn't read much into it.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
If you've read any of his other tweets it's pretty clear he has a pretty self deprecating sense of humor, I wouldn't read much into it.
dude, the writing is all over the wall.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Svengeance

Quote:
I've read all of his tweets and I'd love to believe it was just a joke said without any bitter resentment towards AV but do you really think he's over it that quickly, enough to make that type of joke? I don't know him personally and can't say with any level of certainty but my gut says there's more to it.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
dude, the writing is all over the wall.
If you say so...I don't think it's so obvious. If he were serious i think the organization would have asked him to stop a while ago.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:46 PM
opendoor

He makes fun of himself a lot on there so I don't know if I'd read a whole lot into that:

Quote:
Strombone ‏@strombone1

New NHL rule proposal:Any goal scored from behind the goal line in the playoffs will be carried over to the next game. Basically I'm screwed
Quote:
Strombone ‏@strombone1

Little trick I like 2 use. Close ur eyes, fall on ur knees/belly and pray!Works about 60% of time"@skepticfan713: any advice for shootouts?"
Quote:
Strombone ‏@strombone1

Odd cuz I play with 2 blockers! @TheStanchion: I use your glove and it's getting a bit worn down, I'm going to need u to send me a new one"

Old
06-17-2012, 07:06 PM
AmazingNuck

Naslund, Linden and Smyl are retired numbers for the Canucks. If the Sedins finish their contracts with the Canucks, they're probably retired down the road. As good as Luongo was, I doubt he gets his jersey # retired due to its number (#1), the fact that the Canucks will already have retired 5 (without having won a cup so far, and possibly after the Sedins retire) and his relatively short stay with the Canucks (6 years vs at least 11 (current) for the Sedins, Naslund, Smyl and Linden).

Not really going to affect whether or not he's going to be traded but, from his tweets, I can tell he's a little bitter about being traded. Most unfortunate for him, considering only a couple of seasons ago, most believed that he would have his jersey number retired by the Canucks.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNuck View Post
Naslund, Linden and Smyl are retired numbers for the Canucks. If the Sedins finish their contracts with the Canucks, they're probably retired down the road. As good as Luongo was, I doubt he gets his jersey # retired due to its number (#1), the fact that the Canucks will already have retired 5 (without having won a cup so far, and possibly after the Sedins retire) and his relatively short stay with the Canucks (6 years vs at least 11 (current) for the Sedins, Naslund, Smyl and Linden).
Ummm...ok?

Old
06-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
If you say so...I don't think it's so obvious. If he were serious i think the organization would have asked him to stop a while ago.
There is not one doubt in my mind that it's not him. I don't even think it's him, I know it is. I would bet my life savings that it is him. I would light myself on fire if it wasn't. It's him.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
There is not one doubt in my mind that it's not him. I don't even think it's him, I know it is. I would bet my life savings that it is him. I would light myself on fire if it wasn't. It's him.
Agreed. Botch says its him. So does Justin Bourne. Ton of other big media guys also follow him. Teammates all follow him. No one has come out and denied it.

edit, misread your post

Old
06-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
My favourite Luongo tweet was when someone (Duthie?) reported there would be "no change to the Kings lineup before Game 5 of the SCF" and Luongo said something like, "No? Sutter doesn't want to play a 'hunch' in goal?"

Old
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting its not Luongo.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:21 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Well he does like to joke around... really don't know what to take seriously given his previous tweets (and his tendency to poke fun at himself anyhow).

Old
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
GibsonLesPaul

Van is bound to rebuild

Fla - R. Luongo, M. Maholtra, J. Schroeder, M. Raymond, Y. Suave, B. Sweatt
Van - J. Theodore, M. Goc, N. Bjugstad, D. Shore, A. Petrovic, Q. Howden, 1st Round (23)

Canucks are bound to rebuild as I do not think this team will ever win the cup in the sedin era, might as well start the rebuild soon and make sure at least when the sedins are at the age of alfredsson is now they might as well still be able to raise the cup as third liners.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
I wasn't suggesting its not Luongo.
OK. I know some people don't think it's him, but a couple of months ago some quick Facebook research would have proven them quite wrong. Fortunately, the account has all the privacy settings on so nosy fans (like myself) can't bother him.

I'd keep this information to myself, but it's pretty clear the jig is up.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
OK. I know some people don't think it's him, but a couple of months ago some quick Facebook research would have proven them quite wrong. Fortunately, the account has all the privacy settings on so nosy fans (like myself) can't bother him.

I'd keep this information to myself, but it's pretty clear the jig is up.
I'm fairly sure it's him...I was joking around with him on twitter and got him to follow me. Seems legit, but never know for sure. Either way he's pretty entertaining.

Old
06-17-2012, 07:33 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonLesPaul View Post
Fla - R. Luongo, M. Maholtra, J. Schroeder, M. Raymond, Y. Suave, B. Sweatt
Van - J. Theodore, M. Goc, N. Bjugstad, D. Shore, A. Petrovic, Q. Howden, 1st Round (23)

Canucks are bound to rebuild as I do not think this team will ever win the cup in the sedin era, might as well start the rebuild soon and make sure at least when the sedins are at the age of alfredsson is now they might as well still be able to raise the cup as third liners.
Won't be a 13 player trade.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Even when Brodeur was out in 2008-09, Clemmensen played lights out. They seemed to be blessed in net.
They have almost always played a solid team defense game (it's a philosophy drilled into all their players; it's a factor on which coaches they hire). Whenever the go away from that - 'the wheels fall off'. Worked well when they no longer had guys like Stevens patroling the blueline.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:24 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
They have almost always played a solid team defense game (it's a philosophy drilled into all their players; it's a factor on which coaches they hire). Whenever the go away from that - 'the wheels fall off'. Worked well when they no longer had guys like Stevens patroling the blueline.
It's a philosophy they use at the draft too, David Conte might be the best scout in the NHL.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:28 PM
KISSland

Guys do you remember the rumors for Ballard during the deadline where Gillis said he got interest from NYI? I'm looking for the rumors online but I can't find ****. Am I dreaming here?

Edit: so no one has any info ?

Last edited by KISSland: 06-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread