HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash talk- The "I Lost Count of All the Nash Threads" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 03:32 PM
wahsnairb

vCash: 500
might as well name Rick Nash threads the NY Rangers Cranky Fanfest as much as they populate them with their shenanigans for some unknown reason..

we are like carebears.. we are harmless and cute..

Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
Let's talk Nash to the Sharks.

CBJ fans, is there any realistic deal that doesn't involve someone named Joe or Logan?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Haven't been keeping up with this. Which teams are supposedly on his list?

Last edited by Cruel11: 06-17-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post

CBJ fans, is there any realistic deal that doesn't involve someone named Joe or Logan?
Who else would we want if it isn't centered around Joe or Couture? I understand Logan but Pavelski is reasonable.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Richards has more intagibles and he has a lower caphit and age. Nash didn't reach 60 points haha... nice stats for a guy making $7.8 million dollars.

Keep Nash or trade him to someone else on his list ? We'll survive. We will still have a real good team while you guys will be stuck with Nash who'll be pissed after not getting traded for another year. Have fun. Maybe we'll see you down the road in 10 years in the playoffs
Nash (pts): 2010: 66 Richards (Pts): 2010: 62
2011 67 2011: 66
2012 59 2012: 44 (is he on the decline lol)
This equals 192 This equals 172

Birthdays: Rick Nash: June 16, 1984 (Just turned 28)
Mike Richards: Feb 11, 1985 (27 years old)

Intangibles: Rick Nash (Captain of CBJ, Gold Medal Winner, Good Comm & Lockeroom)
Mike Richards (Former Captain of PHI, Gold Medal Winner,
traded as he did not commit to staying sober through playoff run

Salary: Nash 7.8MM
Richards 6.6 MM

Conclusion: Unless you think that being 8 months younger (lol) is a huge deal in comparing players or an extra million is "astronomical" in comparing players quit making crap up or splitting hairs. If Richards can fetch that kind of deal, then so can Nash. You probably would cite Nash's age if Ricards was born 10 minutes after Nash.

And if you don't want to make the trade, that is okay too bud....

Old
06-17-2012, 03:42 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Reality Check #4: there's other wingers out there with similar/better production for a far lesser price and a lower caphit (Ryan, Radulov, Semin, Parise) etc.

P.S good post man
Lower cap hit? Parise and Semin will both make Nash money. Parise will make more and Semin is wildly inconsistent.

Nobody wants Radulov or Semin over Nash... Most would pick Nash over Ryan... I think Parise and Nash would be a toss up with a few more teams taking Parise.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:44 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post

Intangibles: Rick Nash (Captain of CBJ, Gold Medal Winner, Good Comm & Lockeroom)

Richards 6.6 MM

Conclusion: Unless you think that being 8 months younger (lol) is a huge deal in comparing players or an extra million is "astronomical" in comparing players quit making crap up or splitting hairs. If Richards can fetch that kind of deal, then so can Nash. You probably would cite Nash's age if Ricards was born 10 minutes after Nash.

Difference is Nash is supposed to be a 40 goal scorer and he should reach +70 points every year if he's elite and is making $7.8M. While richards is a 2-way forward who isn't supposed to score +70 points and the difference between $6.6 and $7.8 is huge when that 7.8 million player is not performing and is rumoured to get traded to a team that like to spend to the cap and has alot of resigning to do within 3 years.

You sure just got pwnd.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:45 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Lower cap hit? Parise and Semin will both make Nash money. Parise will make more and Semin is wildly inconsistent.

Nobody wants Radulov or Semin over Nash... Most would pick Nash over Ryan... I think Parise and Nash would be a toss up with a few more teams taking Parise.
I'd take ALL of them over Nash. Know why? They perform better and they won't cost tons of players and prospects like Nash would.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:46 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
Who else would we want if it isn't centered around Joe or Couture? I understand Logan but Pavelski is reasonable.
Niemi can definitely be moved in a package.

Niemi, Wingels, Murray, 1st.

Close?

Columbus needs a goalie, Wingles is a great prospect who is only getting better, Murray is mostly cap dump but still a great shutdown D, the 1st is 17th overall, probably Gaunce, Collberg, Lindholm, or Finn.

Old
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
The only thing that I find funny is how Kessel and Tavares and even Eberle can put up PPG numbers on abysmal teams, but Nash cant.

He's a very talented player, but he's just not that effective. If the team plays a factor in Nash's production, why does it not for Kessel, Tavares and Eberle?

Having a bad team is not an excuse. Linemates will not suddenly make Nash an 80+ point player. It just doesnt work like that.
No, it actually does work like that with a talented player like Nash. He needs to be given line mates with better hockey sense and precision. He needs players he can feed passes to that can capitalize and put it in the back of the net. Not miss wide. He needs players that pass it to him for a good opportunity, not completely rely on him to create the entire teams offense like Columbus does.

Sorry.

Old
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
I'd take ALL of them over Nash. Know why? They perform better and they won't cost tons of players and prospects like Nash would.
You don't think Bobby Ryan would cost a ton?

And Semin over Nash

Old
06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post

To me, Nash to the Sharks makes the most sense because they can offer better proven talent and Nash has chemistry with Thornton. I think a deal consisting of Pavelski, Niemi and your first is fair and would get the deal done. The cap hits are a wash. To me, the more talk about the Rangers and Jackets trading, the less likely it's going to happen. Eklund Syndrome.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

Richards 6.6 MM

Players tend to have down years when they suffer a concussion and miss games.

Why do you use Nashs cap hit but not Richards? Richards cap hit is 5.75. Thats a bit of a difference between the two.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I almost hope he goes Tim Thomas on Howson and take some time off. That'd be a huge slap in the face to CBJ management and Howson in particular.
Sure...then the CBJ doesn't pay Nash for not playing in the NHL.

That's a far cry from having to pay Wade Redden and Sean Avery to do the same.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:53 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
You don't think Bobby Ryan would cost a ton?

And Semin over Nash
I hate Semin but at least he would put up similar if not better numbres and he wouldn't cost us the moon. Well I rather pay for Ryan than Nash. Ryan is younger, better caphit etc. Instead of overpaying for Nash who scores less and costs more.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
As much as I've accepted, and even advocated, Nash being traded, it still feels degrading when I open these threads. There's just so much disrespect. Nash was an idol for all kids my age in Columbus. He was the first legitimate pro sports player for us, for our city. Think about that. As a 12 or 13 year old, you have a star just breaking into the league, right before your eyes. Think about the connection you would naturally make with that player. That's part of why the asking price is so high. He means a lot to our city.

The other reason the asking price is high is because of supply and demand. How many elite goal scorers are available? He's honestly only overpaid by about 500-800k or so, at least for when he signed the contract. I'd say he's worth every penny of $7 million on the open market.

He's become complacent here, that's why I believe his numbers have dipped. There is no doubt in my mind that he would thrive in a different environment with better talent, especially if he was actually used on the PK, which Arniel, and subsequently Richards, inexplicably took him off. He played his best hockey when Hitch was here, because he was given responsibility and it turned him into a machine.

Anyway, just know that myself and so many others were just kids when Nash won the Richard. The saga needs to come to an end, I'll be the first to admit that, but Nash still holds nostalgia for a lot of us here. Just show a little respect.

First legitimate sports star? I'll give you first real C-Bus hockey star, but Brian McBride was your first legitimate sports star in Columbus.

I get the emotional attachment you have to the player. You need to realize that the rest of us aren't from Columbus. We aren't going to want to pay a value based on the warm and fuzzy childhood memories that your fanbase has of Nash.

When non-Columbus folks see Nash, we see:

-A player whose numbers have gone down for what, four seasons in a row?

-A player making Sid Crosby money while putting up Pascal Dupuis numbers.

-A player who comes not with accomplishments, but with a pack of excuses for why those accomplishments aren't there (excuses that players like Kessel, Tavares and Eberle don't seem to need).

You feel disrespected by other fanbases because we either don't want Nash or only want to give up the proper value for a drastically overpaid, consistent underachiever who seems to be in decline based on the last four seasons.

You want to talk disrespect? Expecting half the roster players from an ECF team in exchange for a player like Nash is disrespect. Keep Nash. The Rangers don't need him and, at the price being set by Howson and your fanbase, the Rangers don't want him.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Sure...then the CBJ doesn't pay Nash for not playing in the NHL.

That's a far cry from having to pay Wade Redden and Sean Avery to do the same.
Sensitive are we? I was just messing around. Well bad investments I agree, but we can afford it .

Old
06-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Difference is Nash is supposed to be a 40 goal scorer and he should reach +70 points every year if he's elite and is making $7.8M. While richards is a 2-way forward who isn't supposed to score +70 points and the difference between $6.6 and $7.8 is huge when that 7.8 million player is not performing and is rumoured to get traded to a team that like to spend to the cap and has alot of resigning to do within 3 years.

You sure just got pwnd.
Look bud...One guy is a former Rocket Richards winner (Nash)
One guy is a former Selke winner(Richards)

Personally, from all I've even known about Hockey is the Richards Trophy is far more pretigious...

Richards plays a two way game, Nash plays a two way game (PP, PK units)

So I don't know in what world these two players are not comparable when discussing trade value.

As for the cap room, make it work. Or don't. It's about choices bud.

PS: You don't own anything other than "splitting hairs" about age (<1yr) or some two way nonsense or speculative intangibles that will never have a definitive answer in this forum.

Nash is comparable to Richards (stats, age, salary (both make between 6.6 and 7.8 MM, Trade return...etc). Say it again. Deep breath.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:57 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
First legitimate sports star? I'll give you first real C-Bus hockey star, but Brian McBride was your first legitimate sports star in Columbus.

I get the emotional attachment you have to the player. You need to realize that the rest of us aren't from Columbus. We aren't going to want to pay a value based on the warm and fuzzy childhood memories that your fanbase has of Nash.

When non-Columbus folks see Nash, we see:

-A player whose numbers have gone down for what, four seasons in a row?

-A player making Sid Crosby money while putting up Pascal Dupuis numbers.

-A player who comes not with accomplishments, but with a pack of excuses for why those accomplishments aren't there (excuses that players like Kessel, Tavares and Eberle don't seem to need).

You feel disrespected by other fanbases because we either don't want Nash or only want to give up the proper value for a drastically overpaid, consistent underachiever who seems to be in decline based on the last four seasons.

You want to talk disrespect? Expecting half the roster players from an ECF team in exchange for a player like Nash is disrespect. Keep Nash. The Rangers don't need him and, at the price being set by Howson and your fanbase, the Rangers don't want him.
this is the most epic post in a Nash thread EVER!

Old
06-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

Richards 6.6 MM

The only conclusion here is that you managed to use the wrong information. Mike Richards' cap hit is $5.75M per year. Two million less than Nash. In a cap era, $2M can mean a whole hell of a lot to a team. That could be the difference between losing McDonagh or retaining him.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:58 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
This kind of trolling is stupid and unnecessary.

There are 10+ teams involved in trade talks for Nash. The adulation and prestige being put on Nash isn't being put there by CBJ fans. It is being put on by GM's, coaches, and NHL pundits.

One should remember the names of fans on here disparaging Nash and bring it up if/when he performs well on their team.

After all the **** we Columbus fans have put up with, we deserve something good in the form of a return for Nash.
While I agree that the trolling isn't necessary and that Columbus fans deserve far more from their team than they've received to date, are you guys listening to yourselves?

These are the reasons that have been given as to why a team should pay through the nose to get Nash:

-Columbus fans have put up with a lot of **** so they deserve it.
-He was the childhood idol for many of the Columbus fans.
-He'll "probably" put up much better production (even though he's never done it in ten years) with another team.

Nobody seems to be arguing that Rick Nash's accomplishments are worth a huge return. When you resort to arguing value based on fanbase misery, childhood memories and imaginary future production, you present a pretty weak case for a huge return.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:01 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Look bud...One guy is a former Rocket Richards winner (Nash)
One guy is a former Selke winner(Richards)

Personally, from all I've even known about Hockey is the Richards Trophy is far more pretigious...

Richards plays a two way game, Nash plays a two way game (PP, PK units)

So I don't know in what world these two players are not comparable when discussing trade value.

As for the cap room, make it work. Or don't. It's about choices bud.

PS: You don't own anything other than "splitting hairs" about age (<1yr) or some two way nonsense or speculative intangibles that will never have a definitive answer in this forum.

Nash is comparable to Richards (stats, age, salary (both make between 6.6 and 7.8 MM, Trade return...etc). Say it again. Deep breath.
Mike Richards makes $5,750,000 not $6.6, huge difference.

And are you gonna live in the past until you die? Nash hasn't won anything in ages, his numbers has gone down for 3 straight years now. He didn't even reach 60 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! warning signs) this season.

Yeah let's pay Crosby money for a 60 point player, that'll show 'em!

Old
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
If all Rick Nash is an overpaid 30 goal scorer, why are NYR fans all over these threads?
Well when you're hearing your team is getting him for, I don't know, like 3 years...

Old
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Sensitive are we? I was just messing around. Well bad investments I agree, but we can afford it .
I know the Rangers can afford it. They've spent over a billion dollars on payroll since 1994 and don't have so much as an SCF appearance to show for it.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:04 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
No, it actually does work like that with a talented player like Nash. He needs to be given line mates with better hockey sense and precision. He needs players he can feed passes to that can capitalize and put it in the back of the net. Not miss wide. He needs players that pass it to him for a good opportunity, not completely rely on him to create the entire teams offense like Columbus does.

Sorry.
So please explain Tavares and Kessel to me.

Why can they put up 80 points but not Nash?

If Nash needs better linemates to put up more than 60 points, then he's simply not as good as you think he is.

Closed Thread