HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash talk- The "I Lost Count of All the Nash Threads" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 06:00 PM
  #76
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
It is strange....speculation has centered around NYR because it makes sense. The national media, etc, writers)

Yet Nash is just "trash" to the NYR fan base only worthy of some "scraps" in their farm system along with 10 goal scorer Dubinsky. And yet they just keep firing away...Never seen anything like it. The thread needs to be renamed to "How much Ranger fans think Rick Nash sucks" and moved to the NYR message board.

We'll get a good return regardless, Ottawa would be sweet for example:

Zjbenjad (Top prospect)
Foligno (roster forward)
Leher (goalie prospect)
first round pick (mid round)

I'm sure there are other teams out there.
Ottawas response would be "no ****ing way"

danishh is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:01 PM
  #77
eclipse2411
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
I doubt it'll change since most of those teams you're refering to plays in your division/conference. I really doubt they wanna play against Nash. So he'll most likely get traded to an eastern team. And I don't believe you'll get a kings ransom for him. A good trade sure, but no kings ransom's here mate.

Del Zotto + Dubinsky + 1st + prospect (Erixon, Miller etc) for Nash is a good offer. And I don't give a damn if you already have alot of PMD's frankly.

We won't offer McDonagh, Girardi or Staal for Nash so take it or leave it.

Maybe canucks can give u Luongo if he waives his clauses etc. Maybe Toronto can give u gardiner + some decent prospects but u guys want defensive D's.

so yeah... you guys are **** out of luck.
Thanks GM - you should run the NYR

Howson has already said what it will take and that proposal won't. If NYR are still talking about a trade, then that deal won't happen. You don't care that we have alot of PMD? Ok. We don't care that your feelings will be hurt when you lose a young valuable piece.

eclipse2411 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:03 PM
  #78
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
It's amazing to me that thread, after thread, after thread Rangers fans are so insistent on getting on their high horse and telling Jackets fans how little value Nash has, how overpaid he is, and how overrated he is.

You'd think if they were so uninterested in him they'd just stop responding to these threads.

But then you see comments like the one from the poster who claimed Jackets fans want "half of the ECF roster" and it becomes quite obvious that after a disappointing end to thee season they're content to troll Jackets fans all Summer.

Sad really.

To the Rangers fans who have taken part in respectful discussions...sorry for grouping you in with the rest, but they outnumber you both in people and post numbers so badly that you get lost in the mix.
I haven't been involved in every iteration of this topic, but in THIS thread, it's been mostly (the same couple) Columbus fans driving the argument. The vast majority of Rangers fans (and almost all of the ones in this thread) DON'T WANT NASH. The posts you whine about are written in response to Columbus fans who insist that we should want Nash and should give up half our team to get him.

Get it through your heads--Nash is YOUR headache. If you'd stop trying to pawn him off on the Rangers, the Rangers fans would stop explaining to you why we don't want him.

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
  #79
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
I like how pretty much every proposal from a Rangers fan includes Dubinsky and 75% of the time it's accompanied by "he must be included for cap purposes" and yet the other pieces don't reflect the fact that he's coming off of a 10 goal season and rather overpaid.

If Dubinsky "has" to be involved than at least one of the other pieces "has" to be better than what's being offered.

Don't like it? Columbus doesn't care. They'll hold onto Nash before trading him for 50 cents on the dollar.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
  #80
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
I forgot PMB, Rolston and Demitra were all world playmakers.

Perhaps it has to do with Gaborik consistently scoring the way he does regardless of who his linemates are. Gaborik over the last 5 years has 12 less goals that Nash while playing 77 less games. Gaborik has put up 40 goals 3x in that span, while Nash has one and his goals have declined every year since that 40 goal year.

Dont get me wrong, Nash is a great player but hes not the superstar level player that some try to make him out to be. Hes not the player that will improve the stats of those around him but rather needs that type of player on his line.
Rolston is not a playmaker.

Anyone tring to make Brian Rolston out to a playmaker has lost it.

As for P.M. Bouchard, he's one of the few players in the NHL aside from Ales Hemsky who has more injury troubles than Gaborik has had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Rick Nash is worse than Heatley was and is paid more. Plus no $4m cash discount to the buyer.

That should give you an idea of what he's gonna fetch.
This post says it the best I've ever seen.

And I don't want to see a damn word regarding Heatley being fed by Alfredsson and Spezza, because he scored 40+ goals in Atlanta the year before Nash tied for the Richard.

The Amity Affliction is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:06 PM
  #81
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
uhhhhhhh

Ryan will cost you close to the same to trade for

Radulov is going back to Russia - and didn't do anything for Nsh last year and that's all you seem to be looking at is points for last year

Semin is a guy who has an attitude problem and plays when he wants to play

Parise said he won't go to NYR already and his cap is going to be very similar to that of Nash's which seems to be a problem for you guys. Not to mention I believe Nash's huge cap is only for 2 years then drops (could be mistaken there)

Goodluck with that
His cap hit won't change but the actual salary will and does go up for the rest of the deal.

kingpest19 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:07 PM
  #82
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I haven't been involved in every iteration of this topic, but in THIS thread, it's been mostly (the same couple) Columbus fans driving the argument. The vast majority of Rangers fans (and almost all of the ones in this thread) DON'T WANT NASH. The posts you whine about are written in response to Columbus fans who insist that we should want Nash and should give up half our team to get him.

Get it through your heads--Nash is YOUR headache. If you'd stop trying to pawn him off on the Rangers, the Rangers fans would stop explaining to you why we don't want him.
And yet the vast majority of Rangers fans continue to come in here and trash on Nash continually.

Don't want him? Neat, what's the point in continuing to engage in the discussion then?

Also, I'm not a Jackets fan so Nash isn't "my" headache. And he isn't the Jackets fans "headache" either. I'm sure they're annoyed at how much this has gone on for, but he's their best player in history and if he can be traded for a great package awesome. If not they'll gladly welcome him back into the fold next season.

You pawn off guys like Mike Cammalleri and Tomas Kaberle. When you're trading a guy who averages 35 goals per 82 games played in his career and at just 28 should have many high end years left it's not called "pawning off" no matter how many times you or any other number of Rangers fans tell the world how overrated, overpaid and valueless Nash is.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:09 PM
  #83
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
His cap hit won't change but the actual salary will and does go up for the rest of the deal.
Hahaha. Interesting way of stating things.

Yes his actual salary does go up the rest of the deal...as follows

7.6 next year
7.8 year after
7.9 2 years after
8 the next year
8.2 the year after.

Talk about an increased salary hey? Peanuts.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:10 PM
  #84
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I like how pretty much every proposal from a Rangers fan includes Dubinsky and 75% of the time it's accompanied by "he must be included for cap purposes" and yet the other pieces don't reflect the fact that he's coming off of a 10 goal season and rather overpaid.

If Dubinsky "has" to be involved than at least one of the other pieces "has" to be better than what's being offered.

Don't like it? Columbus doesn't care. They'll hold onto Nash before trading him for 50 cents on the dollar.

Dubinsky was involved because, according to pretty much every report, Columbus coveted him and has for quite a while. He had a down year last year, but his numbers were trending upward the three years before that. If his numbers go down for two more seasons in a row (like Nash's have) then he might be seen as a salary dump, but he ain't there yet.

And please--Hold on to Nash or send him somewhere else. He's been in a losing atmosphere for nearly a decade. You don't win a cup by swapping winning players for those who don't know how to do anything but lose.

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
  #85
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 9,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Hahaha. Interesting way of stating things.

Yes his actual salary does go up the rest of the deal...as follows

7.6 next year
7.8 year after
7.9 2 years after
8 the next year
8.2 the year after.

Talk about an increased salary hey? Peanuts.
Read the post it was in response to.

hockeyfreak7 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:13 PM
  #86
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
And yet the vast majority of Rangers fans continue to come in here and trash on Nash continually.

Don't want him? Neat, what's the point in continuing to engage in the discussion then?

Also, I'm not a Jackets fan so Nash isn't "my" headache. And he isn't the Jackets fans "headache" either. I'm sure they're annoyed at how much this has gone on for, but he's their best player in history and if he can be traded for a great package awesome. If not they'll gladly welcome him back into the fold next season.

You pawn off guys like Mike Cammalleri and Tomas Kaberle. When you're trading a guy who averages 35 goals per 82 games played in his career and at just 28 should have many high end years left it's not called "pawning off" no matter how many times you or any other number of Rangers fans tell the world how overrated, overpaid and valueless Nash is.
Did you read my post? It's the Columbus fans driving this. Even since your original post, you have a Columbus fan talking about how Nash to the Rangers "makes sense." They think it "makes sense" because they have this fantasy of getting 3 to 5 key pieces from a team much better than the one they've got. If the Columbus fans would stop trying to pillage our roster for a player we don't want, we'd stop telling them why Nash isn't worth their fantasy world return they STILL think Howson is going to get (if they get what they want, it won't be from the New York Rangers).

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  #87
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubinsky was involved because, according to pretty much every report, Columbus coveted him and has for quite a while. He had a down year last year, but his numbers were trending upward the three years before that. If his numbers go down for two more seasons in a row (like Nash's have) then he might be seen as a salary dump, but he ain't there yet.

And please--Hold on to Nash or send him somewhere else. He's been in a losing atmosphere for nearly a decade. You don't win a cup by swapping winning players for those who don't know how to do anything but lose.
Lol, I love this train of logic. Becuase Nash didn't have as good of numbers in 2009/2010 as he did in 2008/2009 he's had declining numbers 3 years in a row

Are there lots of politicians in here or something?

Question... who are the "winning" players who the Rangers are trading in exchange for Nash? The hell has Dubinsky or anyone else in the organization won recently?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  #88
eclipse2411
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubinsky was involved because, according to pretty much every report, Columbus coveted him and has for quite a while. He had a down year last year, but his numbers were trending upward the three years before that. If his numbers go down for two more seasons in a row (like Nash's have) then he might be seen as a salary dump, but he ain't there yet.

And please--Hold on to Nash or send him somewhere else. He's been in a losing atmosphere for nearly a decade. You don't win a cup by swapping winning players for those who don't know how to do anything but lose.
This just in...NYR have offically cut ties of any kind of communication with Columbus, Edmonton, Anahiem, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary, Montreal, NYI, Toronto, and Winnipeg due to the fact they lose all the time. No need or desire to communicate as there is nothing needed from teams/players who lose.

eclipse2411 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:16 PM
  #89
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Did you read my post? It's the Columbus fans driving this. Even since your original post, you have a Columbus fan talking about how Nash to the Rangers "makes sense." They think it "makes sense" because they have this fantasy of getting 3 to 5 key pieces from a team much better than the one they've got. If the Columbus fans would stop trying to pillage our roster for a player we don't want, we'd stop telling them why Nash isn't worth their fantasy world return they STILL think Howson is going to get (if they get what they want, it won't be from the New York Rangers).
Spin it any way you want, as a 3rd party observer it's hilarious to see page after page of Rangers fans trashing on Nash.

Why you all continue to engage in a discussion about a player you supposedly don't want at all is beyond me...but hey, to each their own

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
  #90
eclipse2411
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Did you read my post? It's the Columbus fans driving this. Even since your original post, you have a Columbus fan talking about how Nash to the Rangers "makes sense." They think it "makes sense" because they have this fantasy of getting 3 to 5 key pieces from a team much better than the one they've got. If the Columbus fans would stop trying to pillage our roster for a player we don't want, we'd stop telling them why Nash isn't worth their fantasy world return they STILL think Howson is going to get (if they get what they want, it won't be from the New York Rangers).
LOL - any trade that trades anyone but Dubi, AA, MDZ is pillaging your roster.

eclipse2411 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
  #91
InittoWinnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Booth + Luongo + Tanev

for

Nash
Brassard

InittoWinnick is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:19 PM
  #92
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Spin it any way you want, as a 3rd party observer it's hilarious to see page after page of Rangers fans trashing on Nash.

Why you all continue to engage in a discussion about a player you supposedly don't want at all is beyond me...but hey, to each their own
It's not spin. Again, look at the Columbus post I referenced. He whined about how the Rangers "made sense" as a trade partner and then ripped on one of our players that was being mentioned at the trade deadline. I will agree with you on one point though--Posters like Cash for Nash and Mayor Bee have been trolling the hell out of these threads (making outrageous statements, demands, shifting their "arguments" to keep the fight going, etc), and it would probably be best for all Rangers fans to stop feeding that trolling.

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
  #93
eclipse2411
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InittoWinnick View Post
Booth + Luongo + Tanev

for

Nash
Brassard
wow - big fat no with no consideration

eclipse2411 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
  #94
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I like how pretty much every proposal from a Rangers fan includes Dubinsky and 75% of the time it's accompanied by "he must be included for cap purposes" and yet the other pieces don't reflect the fact that he's coming off of a 10 goal season and rather overpaid.

If Dubinsky "has" to be involved than at least one of the other pieces "has" to be better than what's being offered.

Don't like it? Columbus doesn't care. They'll hold onto Nash before trading him for 50 cents on the dollar.
Good. Keep him. After all, your GM's plan has worked very well so far.

ThisYearsModel is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
  #95
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I haven't been involved in every iteration of this topic, but in THIS thread, it's been mostly (the same couple) Columbus fans driving the argument. The vast majority of Rangers fans (and almost all of the ones in this thread) DON'T WANT NASH. The posts you whine about are written in response to Columbus fans who insist that we should want Nash and should give up half our team to get him.

Get it through your heads--Nash is YOUR headache. If you'd stop trying to pawn him off on the Rangers, the Rangers fans would stop explaining to you why we don't want him.
It isn't the CBJ fans driving the discussion except to reiterate what hockey professionals say the return will be. We are not naming the prices we desire, we are naming the prices Howson reportedly wants and what hockey pundits claim are or should be being offered for Nash.

We are just the ones reminding you how badly Sather wants Nash. If that makes you angry, sorry but that is Glenn Sather's fault and not ours.

Crede777 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:21 PM
  #96
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
This just in...NYR have offically cut ties of any kind of communication with Columbus, Edmonton, Anahiem, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary, Montreal, NYI, Toronto, and Winnipeg due to the fact they lose all the time. No need or desire to communicate as there is nothing needed from teams/players who lose.

Do you seriously not recognize the difference between a team that has a losing season (or a player who has spent a couple years on a losing team) and a player who has been THE MAIN GUY on a team that has done nothing but lose for a decade?

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:26 PM
  #97
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
It isn't the CBJ fans driving the discussion except to reiterate what hockey professionals say the return will be. We are not naming the prices we desire, we are naming the prices Howson reportedly wants and what hockey pundits claim are or should be being offered for Nash.

We are just the ones reminding you how badly Sather wants Nash. If that makes you angry, sorry but that is Glenn Sather's fault and not ours.
The rate he's going, Howson won't be a "hockey professional" much longer. If the return was going to be anywhere near what Howson wanted, the deal would have been done months ago. Do I think Sather would like to have Nash? Yes, I do. I do NOT think Sather is going to give up anything close to what Howson wants (or what he already offered at the trade deadline for that matter--there's no reason to pay the deadline rate in the offseason).

Don't focus on the fact that Sather would like to have Nash. Focus on the fact that Howson made his demands and was told "Hell no" by Sather and openly mocked by other Rangers officials (something they rarely do).

smoneil is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
  #98
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
It's not spin. Again, look at the Columbus post I referenced. He whined about how the Rangers "made sense" as a trade partner and then ripped on one of our players that was being mentioned at the trade deadline. I will agree with you on one point though--Posters like Cash for Nash and Mayor Bee have been trolling the hell out of these threads (making outrageous statements, demands, shifting their "arguments" to keep the fight going, etc), and it would probably be best for all Rangers fans to stop feeding that trolling.
Any "trolling" Jackets fans have done has been more than warranted with the garbage they've put up with from Rangers fans over the last month. And all of those things you say (outrageous statements, demands, shifting their arguments) are things Rangers fans have done.

Don't throw stones from your glass house mate.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:34 PM
  #99
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
This just in...NYR have offically cut ties of any kind of communication with Columbus, Edmonton, Anahiem, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary, Montreal, NYI, Toronto, and Winnipeg due to the fact they lose all the time. No need or desire to communicate as there is nothing needed from teams/players who lose.
And those players on those feeble teams who do produce, stand out and carry those teams suck even worse because they are unable to "elevate" every scrub to greatness." A great player would have been able to coach Mason up, or do a pysch evaluation on Carter lifting his mood and production as well..

Sather: Scott I'd like to talk to you about Nash.
Howson: Sure...what you got to offer?
Sather: A salary dump, a midget winger prospect, and a longshot prospect. Late first as a throw-in, if I'm generous.
Howson Is that all? Why?
Sather: Nash isn't a winner.
Howson: Well the team had a pretty rough year as a ......
Sather: (interrups) No Nash is overpaid, overrated, and a loser.
Howson: Cmon, Glen he's a pretty special player, you have said so before. A game changer was your words you used. What changed?
Sather: I have been under intense pressure not to trade for Nash.
Howson: From who? Scouts, Management, the fanbase.
Sather: No, a lot of HF board posters that don't live anywhere close to the city.
Howson: I understand....good luck Glen (click)

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
  #100
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 9,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
It isn't the CBJ fans driving the discussion except to reiterate what hockey professionals say the return will be. We are not naming the prices we desire, we are naming the prices Howson reportedly wants and what hockey pundits claim are or should be being offered for Nash.

We are just the ones reminding you how badly Sather wants Nash. If that makes you angry, sorry but that is Glenn Sather's fault and not ours.
Show me one "hockey professional", besides Howson, who has claimed that the return should be what you're demanding.

Just because Howsen is demanding something does not mean that is what he'll get.

hockeyfreak7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.