HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gregor: "Feaster will most likely be shopping Bouwmeester at the draft to move up"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
  #301
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I'm sorry but at this point I think the only value JayBo has is negative value.

That contract is horrid and he's not putting up enough points to justify it.

I could see Iginla getting you into the top 5 but of course that has its own obstacles.
Nonsense. People act as if he's Gomez, redden bad which is ridiculous. The contract is the problem no doubt about it but the guy logs massive minutes and doesn't get hurt, this in a day and age when it's rare to see players play a full season. Durability and time logging on ice are important features of a dman.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
  #302
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,170
vCash: 500
What do Flames fans think JayBo is worth?

I personally feel 2nd + decent prospect + cap dump (around 3 M) is where his value is at right now.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
  #303
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
At Medicine Hat.

I don't think he can go back and play Jr again isn't there a age limit

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
  #304
GordieHoweHatTrick
Keep Kessel
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 500
Who really thinks GMs try and diminish a guy's value if his cap-hit is too high? If they like a guy and he's a good player they'll work to send a salary dump back instead of attempting to diminish his value -- that's child's play

14th overall (CGY) + Jay Bouwmeester for 7th overall (MIN) + cap dump?


Last edited by GordieHoweHatTrick: 06-18-2012 at 10:37 AM.
GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
  #305
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,063
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.550m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) / / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Tom Sestito (600,000)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,900,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,026,944; BONUSES: $3,555,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,573,056

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
  #306
mrislander82
Registered User
 
mrislander82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Id do:

NYI-JAYBO

CGY- PA RIGHTS + Conditional pick in 2013 (2nd if he doesnt sign with CGY, 5th if he does)

mrislander82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:57 AM
  #307
The Last Baron*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
In what universe can a GM shop a player with a NTC?
Um, this universe?

Players with NTCs have been traded numerous times. You shop them, find a suitor, ask player to waive NTC and send him packing if he agrees. If not, you start the process all over again.

The Last Baron* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
  #308
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Jbo may be overpaid, but he ain't nothing close to as bad as people on hf make him out to be. Gm's obviously know this so it wouldn't be surprising if the flames used him to move up

TheFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:25 AM
  #309
DBU
LWYRUP
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,343
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrislander82 View Post
Id do:

NYI-JAYBO

CGY- PA RIGHTS + Conditional pick in 2013 (2nd if he doesnt sign with CGY, 5th if he does)
I'll have some of what you're having.


Seriously, is this a joke?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:29 AM
  #310
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrislander82 View Post
Id do:

NYI-JAYBO

CGY- PA RIGHTS + Conditional pick in 2013 (2nd if he doesnt sign with CGY, 5th if he does)
Of course you would.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
  #311
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
I'll say that this is the defenseman the Islanders go for. He fits the bill.

Overpaid + Underperforming = Change of scenery trade. He won't cost an arm and a leg.

If I'm the Islanders, my 4th overall isn't on the table for Jaybo... but I wouldn't mind parting with DeeHan - a very talented defenseman who is nearing NHL ready (taken 13th overall a few years ago) - for Jaybo plus a 3rd. Bou is locked up for a few years so the Isles wouldn't have to worry.

But, his salary + his lack of offense + struggling in his own end means that the 4th overall is not in play. So if that's what Calgary wants they can keep the contract because, aside from the Islanders, I'll say that not many teams (if any at all) will play ball.

In final:


Islanders:
Jaybo

Calgary:
Calvin Deehan
3rd round pick

Islanders have Donovan who I will almost guarantee is on the opening night roster. AHL all star and just a talented, talented player which makes DeeHan expendable.

If this doesn't work, dont take this the wrong way.. I would absolutely love to hold on to Calvin. I see a top 4 defenseman playing big minutes within two years.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:37 AM
  #312
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Jbo may be overpaid, but he ain't nothing close to as bad as people on hf make him out to be. Gm's obviously know this so it wouldn't be surprising if the flames used him to move up
Who's taking on this contract? Everyone on HF loves to say that players are trade bait, but nobody is taking on this contract for what Jaybo provides. That's it. If your a GM, are you taking on a 6+ million multi year contract for a defenseman who has never been able to make the playoffs or perform even decently for a long period of time? Skating like a "gazelle" doesn't mean anything anymore when talking about Jaybo.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 AM
  #313
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
I'll say that this is the defenseman the Islanders go for. He fits the bill.

Overpaid + Underperforming = Change of scenery trade. He won't cost an arm and a leg.

If I'm the Islanders, my 4th overall isn't on the table for Jaybo... but I wouldn't mind parting with DeeHan - a very talented defenseman who is nearing NHL ready (taken 13th overall a few years ago) - for Jaybo plus a 3rd. Bou is locked up for a few years so the Isles wouldn't have to worry.

But, his salary + his lack of offense + struggling in his own end means that the 4th overall is not in play. So if that's what Calgary wants they can keep the contract because, aside from the Islanders, I'll say that not many teams (if any at all) will play ball.

In final:


Islanders:
Jaybo

Calgary:
Calvin Deehan
3rd round pick

Islanders have Donovan who I will almost guarantee is on the opening night roster. AHL all star and just a talented, talented player which makes DeeHan expendable.

If this doesn't work, dont take this the wrong way.. I would absolutely love to hold on to Calvin. I see a top 4 defenseman playing big minutes within two years.
Add Bailey

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
  #314
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.550m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) / / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Tom Sestito (600,000)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Andreas Lilja ($0.738m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,900,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,026,944; BONUSES: $3,555,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,573,056
Briere for Bouwmeester? Taking on Briere's salary would seem to undermine the purpose of dealing Bouwmeester, wouldn't it? Also, I wouldn't make that trade from the Flyers' standpoint.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
  #315
Medium Rare*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
He'd probably have a much better chance for success in another system, but the fact of the matter is, he still hasn't played well since signing in Calgary. Based on his play as a Flame, his value isn't as high as it could be, regardless if the team hasn't used him properly or not.
you mean a new system like Hartley is about to implement in Calgary? This is one of the many reasons the Flames shouldn't move Bouwmeester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
No it really couldn't. I'm an Avs fan and I gotta say that this constant dumping on JBo is quite annoying, he's a pretty good player who happens to be overpaid. If the Flames lose him for nothing it their defense will be significantly worse, but I guess it's more fun to constanty bring up his contract in attempts to undervalue his importance to the Flames.
Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
What do Flames fans think JayBo is worth?

I personally feel 2nd + decent prospect + cap dump (around 3 M) is where his value is at right now.
Most of us think Bouwmeester's value is incredibly hard to gauge. But most agree that he is more valuable to the Flames than he is in a trade.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
  #316
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Add Bailey
Then add you first +. It was already more than most Islander fans would give. deHaan is still a top prospect. I would not even do the deal your commenting on. I would however do our 2013 2nd + A. Lee.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
  #317
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 500
Id be interested in Jay Bo...

If certain names are off the board at #5 id be open to all scenarios

Bouwmeester
14th overall

for

5th overall pick
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
  #318
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Add Bailey
Absolutely not. While most Islanders fans love to crap on this kid, he absolutely dominated at the NHL level for a little stretch last year. I see glimpses of real talent from Bailey.

That would be a former 9th overall and 13th overall, both capable of becoming solid NHL players, for a struggling Jaybo.

Add a high draft pick with Jaybo and I'll add Bailey.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:51 AM
  #319
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Then add you first +. It was already more than most Islander fans would give. deHaan is still a top prospect. I would not even do the deal your commenting on. I would however do our 2013 2nd + A. Lee.
At some point KrisBe, IMHO, you have to give to get. I understand Calvin is a top NHL prospect, but this is the type of deal that makes assets expendable and gives the Isles a real shot to solidify their defense.

All aspects have to be taken into consideration. I'm not adding Bailey though, that's ridiculous. I believe Bailey takes a big step forward this year with the Islanders. He's shown he can do it. Too much to give up for Jaybo.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:59 AM
  #320
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Make it happen Feaster.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  #321
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I am completely torn on JayBo. I have a feeling like he thrive in our offensive system, but I feel like that risk is too much because of his salary. I really have no clue whether I want him or not. I would definitely explore other options first before trying to get him. It's not a bad line-up though
i hear this from time to time with Nash to the Rangers trade talk. people should not judge a player based on his salary...if he can help you and the team can afford him, you get him, simple as that! let the team worry about affordability.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  #322
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,339
vCash: 500
I doubt if he's able to move up in the draft at the same time. A contract dump is a contract dump. ie. Expect crap-all in return. Cheers.


TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
  #323
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Then add you first +. It was already more than most Islander fans would give. deHaan is still a top prospect. I would not even do the deal your commenting on. I would however do our 2013 2nd + A. Lee.
You greatly undervalue both what Bouw brings to the ice and his value to CGY. Maybe Feaster bites on the original deal, but IMO, he'd be insane to take it.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
  #324
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
Absolutely not. While most Islanders fans love to crap on this kid, he absolutely dominated at the NHL level for a little stretch last year. I see glimpses of real talent from Bailey.

That would be a former 9th overall and 13th overall, both capable of becoming solid NHL players, for a struggling Jaybo.

Add a high draft pick with Jaybo and I'll add Bailey.
potential to become is not worth more than what Jaybo currently brings to the table. Sorry, that first proposal is not even close form my POV.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
  #325
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You greatly undervalue both what Bouw brings to the ice and his value to CGY. Maybe Feaster bites on the original deal, but IMO, he'd be insane to take it.
So if a player talented as Calvin, plus a draft pick, is not enough, then what exactly are you asking for?

Remember the contract and term. It's crippling if your not a big market team in the NHL.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.