HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rob Scuderi

Old
06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Rob Scuderi

Rob "the piece" Scuderi. 3.4 million for one more season. Major part of the Kings defense but I'm of the belief that age will catch up to him sooner than later. Time to sell high on the two time Stanley Cup winning defensive defenseman, so what would your team offer for Scuds?

Disclaimer: Fellow Kings fans I know he's not likely to be moved but hypothetically you move Scuds and go after Suter.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
wej20

I'd be surprised if age caught up with him next season, he's managed to stay remarkably healthy for a shot-blocking dmen and he's never relied on his skating so I don't see that being a problem.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:22 PM
rajuabju

So you want to create a huge hole in our D?

Forbort is 2-3 years away.
Muzzin is totally unproven. May work out but I wouldnt put him into a top 4 role.
Hickey doesnt play that style

So the only move that would make sense would be a lateral move for another defensive D that is perhaps younger or a lower salary...

Unless you are thinking Drewiske takes his spot, which I hope is not your line of thinking...

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

Muzzin is totally unproven. May work out but I wouldnt put him into a top 4 role.

So the only move that would make sense would be a lateral move for another defensive D that is perhaps younger or a lower salary...

Unless you are thinking Drewiske takes his spot, which I hope is not your line of thinking...
The OP is obviously thinking the Kings would win the Suter lotto.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
You don't read do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

wow im surprized no one offered anything Im bumping this up to see if there will be any interest

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Scuderi's value to a team is a lot higher than it would be in the trade market. Cup contending teams need players like Scuderi who carry themselves with the leadership and a calming presence on the blueline.

Can't see who or what the Kings would be interested in acquiring for Scuderi, especially if his replacement is going to come at a very hefty cost.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

On a side note what would it take to get hickey from LA. From a flames standpoint?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Scuderi's value to a team is a lot higher than it would be in the trade market. Cup contending teams need players like Scuderi who carry themselves with the leadership and a calming presence on the blueline.

Can't see who or what the Kings would be interested in acquiring for Scuderi, especially if his replacement is going to come at a very hefty cost.
only thing i can see is pick or scoring winger prospects or both I dunno

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Vic Vinegar

If we do miraculously end up with Suter then I think Scuderi would be dealt for a good scoring prospect and a pick. I can't see the Kings taking any salary back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
On a side note what would it take to get hickey from LA. From a flames standpoint?
I don't know... Maybe a 2nd rounder?

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 4785
Well since no one has offered anything the Jets will give you some future considerations.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:40 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
If we do miraculously end up with Suter then I think Scuderi would be dealt for a good scoring prospect and a pick. I can't see the Kings taking any salary back.

I don't know... Maybe a 2nd rounder?
Flames don't have one for the next 2 years.. Ya our GM has a fear of them I believe. Anyway how about something like Brett Carson and a 3rd round?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

Disclaimer: Fellow Kings fans I know he's not likely to be moved but hypothetically you move Scuds and go after Suter.

My thoughts almost exactly. You've got to first GET Suter before you give up Scuds, though.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Quote:

No way

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:15 AM
CobraAcesS

How realistic is it that LA goes after Suter?

Two defenders making 7M? Yeah your going to be in trouble at some point trying to keep that roster together.

Resign Stoll and look for a replacement for Penner if he wont sign cheap. To bad Jones is off the market now.. Want to make an offer?

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:24 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Without knowing what the new CBA is going to bring, going after another big salary player could be very risky for the Kings. You have Kopitar at $6.8, Richards at $5.75, Carter at $5.272, Doughty at $7 mil, Quick is going to be making north of $5 mil on his next contract and I'd imagine Suter is going to be in that $7 mil range with Doughty. Using a $6 mil figure for Quick and $7 mil for Suter, that's $37.8 mil for 6 players. If the cap drops in a new CBA the Kings could find themselves having a hard time filling out the rest of the roster. Don't get me wrong, the idea of adding a Suter or Parise to the reigning Stanley Cup champs is a tempting one, but with the CBA being up in the air, it could be a dangerous move. Even a small drop (possible if the players get a smaller percentage of revenue) to like a $60 mil ceiling would only leave the Kings with $22 mil for 17 players.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:52 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Rob "the piece" Scuderi. 3.4 million for one more season. Major part of the Kings defense but I'm of the belief that age will catch up to him sooner than later. Time to sell high on the two time Stanley Cup winning defensive defenseman, so what would your team offer for Scuds?

Straight up swap of Martin and Scudz?

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:12 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

maybe a 3rd round pick...i'm always weary of defensemen who come off a long playoff run and play the type of game he does, the wear and tear could catch up to him....

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:18 AM
BrookswasHere44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Straight up swap of Martin and Scudz?
I was thinking the same thing..cant see LA ever doing it

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
McSorley 33

Quote:

At first I was pissed that you wanted to move him until I read the whole post and it makes sense. He is getting old. A Suter sign and scud trade would be magic.

We don't have anyone who could replace Scud and play at his level.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:45 AM
Habitant le colon

Therrien know him pretty well and I do think That Bergevin love that d-man type player.

Greg Pateryn + Nashville 2nd 2012

Last edited by Habitant le colon: 06-19-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: darn keyboard
Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:31 AM
GCM
Stork

Mason Raymond, 3rd 2012 from the Canucks.

Raymond is a risky asset. Could pay off big time from a change of scenery (he has great speed and has made improvements in his hands/shot).

Though I don't think he'd get better in Sutter's system. He is reliable as a PKer and we use him in a defensive role. He doesn't really have an identity anymore.

The 3rd is more of something actually solid so that even if Raymond doesn't work out they still have something to show for the trade.

It's not much but it's only a 1 year deal that Scuds is on and he's decently old so I think it's fair value but I might be off.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote