HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part VII: Use Your Lingo at Your Own Risk

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
WVU was picked to come in 2nd in the Big 12.

ACC football sucks, I find it hilarious they voted not to take WVU, and they beat Clemson 70 - 35.
WVU has more BCS wins (3-0) then the entire ACC.

Thank god we didn't take WVU. You provide zero money to any TV deals. I'm not saying BC was the answer either. But no way WVU was the answer.

You guys are fun to watch in the 2 big sports though.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminal Velocity View Post
Thank god we didn't take WVU. You provide zero money to any TV deals. I'm not saying BC was the answer either. But no way WVU was the answer.

You guys are fun to watch in the 2 big sports though.
Thing is WVU=ratings. There's only 1.4 mil in the state but they have 3 of the top 10 viewed games in espn history last i checked. It's the biggest area the ACC went wrong in their last expansion since they were thinking just tv sets (to sell a cable network to) rather then who actually gives a **** about the team. It's why they ended up with BC and Pitt instead, while the Big 12 got the Big Easts prized program

Old
08-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I've spent a good portion of the day watching horror movies on SyFy.

And each time, sometime in the middle of whatever movie I'm watching at the time, I think to myself "Why am I doing this? I hate horror movies".

And yet I continue to watch...
Because SyFy's (what a **** name for the channel, I'll never understand why they changed it) original movies are bad at worst, and ****ing hilarious at best.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonfortheHart View Post
Because SyFy's (what a **** name for the channel, I'll never understand why they changed it) original movies are bad at worst, and ****ing hilarious at best.
Their original movies are hilarious. But for most of today, they've been showing horror movies that have hit theaters.

None that have done very well, but non-original ones nonetheless: White Noise, Amnityville Horror, Thir13een Ghosts, etc.

But yeah, if it were simply their original movies, there'd be no problem. I'd still probably spend all day watching them - Arachnaquake, Dinocroc vs. Supergator, Sharktopus - but they'd be more comedy than horror.

Old
08-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
Their original movies are hilarious. But for most of today, they've been showing horror movies that have hit theaters.

None that have done very well, but non-original ones nonetheless: White Noise, Amnityville Horror, Thir13een Ghosts, etc.

But yeah, if it were simply their original movies, there'd be no problem. I'd still probably spend all day watching them - Arachnaquake, Dinocroc vs. Supergator, Sharktopus - but they'd be more comedy than horror.
Anything by Roger Corman is well worth it's weight in gold.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

My brigade (101st Combat Aviation Brigade) isnt even 1/4 of force size in Afghanistan yet and we have already lost a soldier. Please pray for the family of PFC Patricia Horne. cause of death has not been identified yet. not a great start to our deployment. thanks for your prayers. not necessary to say anything on here.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Prayers definitely coming from here. Good luck and stay safe.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Last night I learned that Bill Nye frequently calls GT baseball games.

Let's just say this is the most excited I've ever been for baseball season.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

For anybody watching the panthers vs jets, that hit on jets te baker wa brutal. He gets crushed by t davis and some secondary player on an incomplete pass.

Also, rookie kuechly is a freakn awesome linebacker

Old
08-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Novacane
LOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post
For anybody watching the panthers vs jets, that hit on jets te baker wa brutal. He gets crushed by t davis and some secondary player on an incomplete pass.

Also, rookie kuechly is a freakn awesome linebacker
Yeah, that hit looked really bad.

And yes, Kuechly looks pretty amazing. If Beason and Davis can stay healthy, we have 3 good to great linebackers. I second-guessed that pick(thought we should have traded down), but he looks really good.

And ouch, hopefully Stewart is okay.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Yeah, that hit looked really bad.

And yes, Kuechly looks pretty amazing. If Beason and Davis can stay healthy, we have 3 good to great linebackers. I second-guessed that pick(thought we should have traded down), but he looks really good.

And ouch, hopefully Stewart is okay.
I was questioning that pick too, but it's turning out pretty well. I'm thinking that we have so many good LBs that we could easily move Thomas Davis back to safety.

I hope that that ankle injury isn't too bad and that Williams stops fumbling.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Canes Devils Game 2 2006 on NHL network right now

Old
08-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So I've watched football for the first time in a couple years, since there was nothing else on and I've got to ask: What's so great about Tebow?

I mean, I understand the whole Christianity aspect of his personality and I can see why some might idolize him for that, but in terms of being an actual football player, he looked godawful.

Old
08-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Novacane
LOCK

Quote:
So I've watched football for the first time in a couple years, since there was nothing else on and I've got to ask: What's so great about Tebow?

I mean, I understand the whole Christianity aspect of his personality and I can see why some might idolize him for that, but in terms of being an actual football player, he looked godawful.
As far as I know, he's lived off the hype of being the first sophomore ever to win the Heisman. ESPN started their love fest then, and it hasn't stopped since. Also, hes a case of better in college than in the NFL. His scrambling game really didn't transition over with the whole bigger, faster, stronger aspect of the NFL where Tebow's athleticism was matched by the opposition.

And I always get a good laugh out of this: http://deadspin.com/5875622/espn-bro...re-all-of-them

Old
08-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Because in the end as sports fans we laud and praise players for being incredible athletes, which is entirely understandable, as we're cheering for sports. But when a player is a truly great person like Tebow is, it's refreshing, and ultimately it's fun to cheer for players you know to be great people.

No, he's not a great player. But people don't cheer for him because he's the best at what he does. People cheer for him because they like HIM, and who doesn't want to cheer for the good guy? He's a backup QB, and that's what he's playing. A lot of people liked Manny Legace while he was in Carolina as well. It's just fun to cheer for good people sometimes.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Tebow annoys me. Don't get me wrong all the good he does and money he donates is amazing and I applaud him, but his overt goody-two-shoes-ness bother me.

This is the NFL man, let loose a little. You make a great play, you don't go down on a knee and pray, that's ridiculous. You pull a sharpie out of your sock and sign the ball and throw it in the stands.. You moon the Packers fans at Lambeau. You pull out a cell phone and call someone, you eat popcorn, you spike the ball on the star in Dallas, you mock Ray Lewis' dance. Do I need to go on?

Tebow is boring, and he can't play QB. Only way I'd want him within 100 miles of my Jaguars is as a full back. He can't throw it save his life, but he can run over linebackers.

Also, I made a bet with my buddy that last Super Bowl Madonna would sing "Like a Virgin" and Tebow would pop outta the stage

Old
08-27-2012, 01:51 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Question for you State fans (not prodding, I'm a GT fan now, simply curious):

Are you guys happy, pissed, or indifferent at regarding the success of Russell Wilson? I can see all three, but I'm not a State fan and therefore am not really close to the team.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:57 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

Ecstatic about Russell Wilson. Even though the circumstances around him leaving seem to be mutually beneficial now, it certainly hurt to see him in that Wisconsin jersey last year.

He was at NCSU for 4 years, so he will always be a Wolfpacker to me. Perhaps we would have won an additional game or 2 last year, but who knows. State is in a better spot with Glennon coming back and RW would not have gotten the spotlight he had at UW.

Outside of USC, NC State has more starting QBs in the NFL than any other team now

Old
08-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Chicago Made Punk
\-|Stay Alive|-/

I'm thrilled for Russell.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Chicago Made Punk
\-|Stay Alive|-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnPLEASED Anton View Post
Ecstatic about Russell Wilson. Even though the circumstances around him leaving seem to be mutually beneficial now, it certainly hurt to see him in that Wisconsin jersey last year.

He was at NCSU for 4 years, so he will always be a Wolfpacker to me. Perhaps we would have won an additional game or 2 last year, but who knows. State is in a better spot with Glennon coming back and RW would not have gotten the spotlight he had at UW.

Outside of USC, NC State has more starting QBs in the NFL than any other team now
Does USC have more? Or do they just have Palmer and Sanchez? I'm drawing a blank here.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Novacane
LOCK

Happy for him, although it's kind of annoying not getting the publicity that we could have gotten.

On a much lesser scale, my high school had a top 100 basketball recruit transfer to Hargrave which kind of gives me the same reaction. I understand if it's the right move for him and his career, just sucks that we will never hear that Ravenscroft produced any talent.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:54 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
Does USC have more? Or do they just have Palmer and Sanchez? I'm drawing a blank here.
Matt Cassel too

Old
08-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Question for you State fans (not prodding, I'm a GT fan now, simply curious):

Are you guys happy, pissed, or indifferent at regarding the success of Russell Wilson? I can see all three, but I'm not a State fan and therefore am not really close to the team.
RW loves the Wolfpack and we love him. He knows that he didn't do some things right and I know he holds zero remorse for what happened. RW is a Wolfpacker through and through. In fact I just ordered my first non Steelers jersey. It's a Russell Wilson home Seahawks one.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Glad to hear it. I love the kid, great player and great guy. Definitely pulling for him in Seattle, just too bad they had to pay Flynn so much cash only to find a different starter...

Old
08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

06 game 7 against Sabres on now.

Closed Thread