HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Clowe's Encounters of the Third Line (Off-Season Speculation Thread Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 02:37 AM
glasgow26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Can Phoenix PLEASE be moved so we can have Doan and Whitney?

Couture-Thornton-Doan
Whitney-Marleau-Havlat
<Clowe's replacement>-Pavelski-Wingels
Winnik-Desjardins-FA/Woosta kid

*drool*
I like it. Galiardi should be in there somewhere though. Maybe Galiardi-Pavelski-Wingels on the third line. I actually like that a lot...size, speed, grit and scoring ability.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Man in the Mirror

rosterbation time

clowe, niemi for gunnarson, kulemin
sign Brunner

Marleau - Thornton - Brunner
Couture - Pavelski - Havlat
Winnik - Moore - kulemin
galiardi - desj - wingels

Gunn - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Demers

Old
06-19-2012, 07:53 AM
LeeIFBB

The projected lineups featuring Greiss + ? are frightening.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:09 AM
FeedingFrenzy

After listening to DW during the NHL interview I have come to this conclusion:

Old
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
I had a nightmare that the Kings signed both Suter and Weber (somehow) for $6.729M for ten years each. (don't ask me why I remember both of these numbers ) Waking up was the happiest thing I've ever done.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
I had a nightmare that the Kings signed both Suter and Weber (somehow) for $6.729M for ten years each. (don't ask me why I remember both of these numbers ) Waking up was the happiest thing I've ever done.
Nightmare...really?

This was you nightmare:

Old
06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks
Nash to #sjsharks? Not as long as Couture remains part of CBJ's asking price -- and, for now at least, that still appears to be the case.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Robes of Teal
The Hertl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Mirror View Post
rosterbation time

clowe, niemi for gunnarson, kulemin
sign Brunner
who is Brunner? Langenbrunner?
I have been seeing alot of people penciling in pretty weak bottom fowards. Being able to roll 4 lines is crucial for any cup run, and it always becomes a road block when a team figures out to shut down the top 6. I think it would hugely pay off to move Pavs down for a 3rd scoring line and get a few more high end bottom 6 fowards. Winchester doesnt cut it, I like Moore but he isn't the 3rd line center we need and isnt suited for the 4th.

Trade Clowe and Galiardi for Stafford
Murray, mid pick if needed for Stalberg
Sign Whitney. I dont think he will stand by Phoenix like Doan, we should be willing to shell out a little more as I think he would look awesome with Logan
Sign Pyatt or Bernier for the 4th line, I would be cool with either one, Pyatt would be safer and probably smarter, but Bernier could also be a catalyst on that line with the way he gelled on NJ's 4th line.
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Ray Whitney ($3.500m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.760m)
Daniel Winnik ($1.750m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.650m) / S.Bernier/T.Pyatt ($1.500m)
James Sheppard ($0.761m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Brad Stuart ($3.600m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Justin Braun ($1.100m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Thomas Greiss ($0.588m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,435,417; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,864,583

would love to see Wingels given a chance with a player like Pavelski; I think that line would tear it up, Wingels Stalberg>>>Mitchell and Wellwood

Last edited by Robes of Teal: 06-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post
who is Brunner? Langenbrunner?
I have been seeing alot of people penciling in pretty weak bottom fowards. Being able to roll 4 lines is crucial for any cup run, and it always becomes a road block when a team figures out to shut down the top 6. I think it would hugely pay off to move Pavs down for a 3rd scoring line and get a few more high end bottom 6 fowards. Winchester doesnt cut it, I like Moore but he isn't the 3rd line center we need and isnt suited for the 4th.

Trade Clowe and Galiardi for Stafford
Demers for Stalberg plus mid pick
Sign Whitney. I dont think he will stand by Phoenix like Doan, we should be willing to shell out a little more as I think he would look awesome with Logan
Sign Pyatt or Bernier for the 4th line, I would be cool with either one, Pyatt would be safer and probably smarter, but Bernier could also be a catalyst on that line with the way he gelled on NJ's 4th line.
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Ray Whitney ($3.500m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.760m)
Daniel Winnik ($1.750m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.650m) / S.Bernier/T.Pyatt ($1.500m)
James Sheppard ($0.761m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Brad Stuart ($3.600m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Justin Braun ($1.100m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Thomas Greiss ($0.588m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,435,417; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,864,583
Did you clone Demers?

Old
06-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Robes of Teal
The Hertl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Did you clone Demers?
you beat me by a minute, I meant Murray plus mid pick for Stalberg...but I would be cool with Demers and us getting the pick too. I actually think Murray and Braun would be a more legit 3rd pairing come playoff time; assuming Murray can get back to form.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

You traded Demers and then put him in the lineup.

Do the Clowe/Murray for Stafford/Leopold trade.

Something I've been discussing with Jets fans is Kane and Enstrom for Couture and Clowe. The contention is over what picks even it out, but it's a base that I'm certainly interested in. We'd get a LH PMD the same age as Burns, and a total stud in Kane. The issue for me is that Enstrom might not re-sign here, but DW has never really had any issue re-signing UFA's-to-be besides Campbell.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
hockeyball

Quote:

Something I've been discussing with Jets fans is Kane and Enstrom for Couture and Clowe. The contention is over what picks even it out, but it's a base that I'm certainly interested in. We'd get a LH PMD the same age as Burns, and a total stud in Kane. The issue for me is that Enstrom might not re-sign here, but DW has never really had any issue re-signing UFA's-to-be besides Campbell.
I really hate to trade Couture. Centers are just so hard to come by. We might not find a replacement #1 for JT if we trade Couture. I like Enstrom, but eesh, makes me nervous.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I really hate to trade Couture. Centers are just so hard to come by. We might not find a replacement #1 for JT if we trade Couture. I like Enstrom, but eesh, makes me nervous.
I hate to trade him too, especially because he's such a hard worker and not at all a partier and really on top of his ****. But if Enstrom re-signs, that's something that I'd be all over. Enstrom and Kane both fill a need. They're both young. We're probably gonna lose Clowe anyway. Couture might not be a legit #1C. Kane is a top-line LW, and Enstrom is a top-pairing defenseman.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Robes of Teal
The Hertl

Quote:

Only 'problem' with that trade is we then have 5 top 4 defencemen. Leopold and Braun would be a killer bottom pairing though.
Now see imo Couture for Kane + makes more sense then Kane for Pavs +
Now for a real blockbuster
Couture,Niemi for Kane, Pavelec, Little would be intersting. Jet's would be getting 2 signed players and Sharks have to deal with signing 2 players so Little makes up for it.
Personally I am weary of Kane though, we don't need off ice issues brought in to the locker room.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
I hate to trade him too, especially because he's such a hard worker and not at all a partier and really on top of his ****. But if Enstrom re-signs, that's something that I'd be all over. Enstrom and Kane both fill a need. They're both young. We're probably gonna lose Clowe anyway. Couture might not be a legit #1C. Kane is a top-line LW, and Enstrom is a top-pairing defenseman.
I agree. We would be down a top 6 winger, though

Old
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
Only 'problem' with that trade is we then have 5 top 4 defencemen. Leopold and Braun would be a killer bottom pairing though.
Couture,Niemi for Kane, Pavelec, Little would be intersting. Jet's would be getting 2 signed players and Sharks have to deal with signing 2 players so Little makes up for it.
Personally I am weary of Kane though, we don't need off ice issues brought in to the locker room.
I don't want Pavelec. He is pricing himself too high and is threatening to go to the KHL.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
I don't think you can count on Stuey being top-4 for his entire contract.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think its still going to be Couture+ for Kane. We will need to add irrespective of the trade being centered around Couture or Pavs.

06-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Falco5

Quote:
This is one of those trades that makes perfect sense but would never happen in the real world. I'm sure the sharks would have to add a high draft pick or something because Enstrom is way more valuable than Clowe but it would still fill the sharks needs.

As for the too many defensemen, we could probably flip Boyle for JVR or another solid top 6 winger.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I think its still going to be Couture+ for Kane. We will need to add irrespective of the trade being centered around Couture or Pavs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
This is one of those trades that makes perfect sense but would never happen in the real world. I'm sure the sharks would have to add a high draft pick or something because Enstrom is way more valuable than Clowe but it would still fill the sharks needs.

As for the too many defensemen, we could probably flip Boyle for JVR or another solid top 6 winger.
What I just agree on is Couture, Clowe, and a first for Kane, Enstrom, and a third. Both picks are conditional upon Enstrom/Clowe re-signing. Great situation for us either way. Either we get a 20-year-old top line LW and a 27-year-old replacement for Boyle, or we get Kane for Couture straight up. Then flip Boyle for a forward (like JVR), trade Murray for a pick, and run

Kane-Thornton-JVR
Marleau-Pavelski-Havlat

Vlasic-Burns
Enstrom-Stuart
Braun-Demers

That's a pretty sexy lineup.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I honestly have faith DW will have a solid bottom-6 going into this season. He's not going to mess that up again after trying hard to put one together for like 3 seasons.

Here is how I see it right now:

Marleau - Thornton - (issue)
(issue) - Couture - Havlat
Winnik - Moore - Wingels
Galiardi - Desjardins - Sheppard
Winchester/Ferriero/surprise

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
(hole) - Demers/Braun
Irwin/Pelach/Petrecki

(issue)
Greiss

Putting people in the roles they are best suited for.

Pavelski can of course fill in that right wing hole, but he doesn't really belong there so I'm listing it has an 'issue'. He could take Moore's spot at 3rd line center, but I doubt it.

I left the 'hole' on bottom pairing left side because I don't think Murray is the best solution there, and I don't think converting Braun/Demers is a great idea since they are both just struggling to find consistently in the NHL at the moment.

Issue at starting goal simply because we could probably do better than Nemo, though I don't consider it a hole, just a spot we could improve realistically.
I agree with all of this. I'd love to trade Clowe, Demers, Niemi, and/or Murray for a couple of young, speedy, forwards which could allow us to move Pavs to the 3rd line, although SW/TM don't seem to like that. Winnik/Pavs/Wingels is a great 3rd line, and we have the parts to make 2 good top lines to go along with it without losing any integral parts.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Arkansas Shark
Hilary Knight ♥♥♥♥♥

Quote:
Nash to #sjsharks? Not as long as Couture remains part of CBJ's asking price -- and, for now at least, that still appears to be the case.
Thank Toews.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Arkansas Shark
Hilary Knight ♥♥♥♥♥

Quote:

I can't really see why Kane wouldn't resign here. DW would need to get Seto back, that way Kane would have a wingman when he acts a fool on Santana Row.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Lebanezer

I would trade Pavelski for Kane. We're stacked at center and could use help on the wing.

Also think the Sharks should be targeting Clutterbuck, since there's speculation he's available. Perhaps something around Demers or Braun.

Clowe for Dubinsky + would also be acceptable.

Kane-Joe-Marleau
Dubinsky-Couture-Havlat
Clutterbuck-Winnik-Wingels
Galiardi-Desjardins-UFA
Boyle-Stuart
Burns-Vlasic
Braun/Demers-Murray

Old
06-19-2012, 12:36 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 0
Quote:
I have no idea why DW is still talking to Howson.

Closed Thread