HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What are you Looking Forward to Most?

Old
06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
KingsCourt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
They could go 0-82 and I'd still feel good. It's gonna be a season I can sit back and enjoy the games without that stress.

i agree...i dont need to agrue with leaf fans over a loss to CBJ...all i need to say is we are the champs.

KingsCourt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'm personally waiting for the reemergence of tomd. Come on tomd, I think you alone could fill me ridiculous posts thread. Remember that time when I said the Kings would win the Stanley Cup THIS YEAR? oh yea, I was right! Woooooooooooooooooooot!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
They could go 0-82 and I'd still feel good. It's gonna be a season I can sit back and enjoy the games without that stress.
most definitely this

Shut out by Columbus, I ain't even mad

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatty View Post
1. Next season's schedule release. (Can anyone tell me when it will that will be?!)

2. The new national exposure, as many of our games will be televised to a wider audience. NBC sports will be forced to show Kings games, as well as some national NBC games.

3. Watching commercials, and highlights of Brown lifting the Cup forever. A chance to reminisce every time of that moment standing in Staples Center, over and over again.
Seems to me I read on the main board the schedule should be out Wednesday (the 20th stuck in my mind for some reason).

I'm looking forward to more HNIC games for the Kings. I suspect that when the Kings make a road trip to Toronto, Winnipeg or Montreal it will be on a Saturday night and will be on HNIC. TSN likely will show some Kings games as well now. I suspect that NBC Sports Network will feature the Kings a bit more often as well.

The biggest thing I am looking forward to is the banner raising. I sure hope the Kings open the season on a Saturday night so I can be there for the game. The Kings better not be bush league (like my hometown CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders did in 2007) and do the whole ceremony during a preseason game. I would be choked to walk in to the home opener and look up at the wall and see the Cup Champs banner already up and unveiled.

I wonder what section would be the best area to watch from? I sat in 117 last year and while the view would be good, it made for some horrible pictures of the banners. I also hope they sell replica versions of the banner, even if it was flag sized I'd buy one to put up in my apartment.

I'm also looking forward to all my Cup Champs gear getting here. Something about wearing a League Champions t-shirt for your favourite team is an awesome feeling when you slip it on for the first time. I've only had that experience with two of my teams the '94 49ers and the '07 Roughriders.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

They WILL NOT raise the banner in a Pre-Season game ! LOL

most likely it will also NOT be the HOME OPENER ... they want to make $$$, they know the Home Opener will sell out regardless of doing a banner raising or not, so they will do it the 2nd, 3rd or whatever home game into the season ... and IF they do it "RIGHT" for the FANS it will be against a team like the DUCKS, Sharks, Coyotes, Canucks to further enhance and build a rivalry

And they already have some "replica" style 17" x 26" mini banners for sale ...

http://lakings.fanatics.com/NHL_Los_...Premium_Banner

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
- Every team at the draft congratulating the Kings for winning the Cup
This! Specifically hearing Tambellini be the first one to do it! Going to get such pleasure from hearing that. I hope Dean even thanks Tambo for Fraser somehow... Yeah, I'm a jerk.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

most likely it will also NOT be the HOME OPENER ... they want to make $$$, they know the Home Opener will sell out regardless of doing a banner raising or not, so they will do it the 2nd, 3rd or whatever home game into the season ... and IF they do it "RIGHT" for the FANS it will be against a team like the DUCKS, Sharks, Coyotes, Canucks to further enhance and build a rivalry

I have seen those, but I am hoping for a scaled down version of the banner they actually raise. I assume it will look a bit more like the Campbell Conference and Smythe Division banners.

I hope they then announce very soon what game they will do it at. Generally, the players like it at the first home game because the hoopla surrounding it tends to distract from the game. I've heard many other teams say they are glad it is over and now it is time to focus on this season.

I didn't figure they would do it at a preseason game, but then again I assumed the Riders wouldn't either. I was choked since I bought tickets to the home opener for that reason and then found out a couple minutes before halftime of the preseason game that the Riders were doing something at halftime for it. Of course I was not there and I was a bit upset to say the least. In fact, the team's GM used to post on a message board similar and I told him in not so nice terms what I thought about it.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:55 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

Just bought four for the new house...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Everything after the on-ice celebration after Game Six is just icing on the cake for me. I'm just enjoying the ride -- relishing every moment, because it may never happen again in my lifetime.

Don't take that as a negative, it's just that there are 29 teams out there that are burning in anger that they weren't able to skate the Cup in June this year, which makes it that much harder to get it next summer, not matter how strong the team is/may be then.

So, I'm not looking forward. I'm living in the now

EDIT: No, there is one thing I'm looking forward to the most. Wearing my Kings sweater out and about, and having people tell me what an amazing year it was for "my" team. Every time is going to be sweet music to my ears.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
No, there is one thing I'm looking forward to the most. Wearing my Kings sweater out and about, and having people tell me what an amazing year it was for "my" team. Every time is going to be sweet music to my ears.
I know how that goes. At first I found it weird people were congratulating me on the Kings win. I thought all I did was cheer for them, I didn't actually win it. I guess at first it sounds weird when its never happened before, but now it is music to my ears.