HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov back to the KHL

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
No he wouldn't. This is a guy that was out partying the night before a playoff game. He puts himself above the team. That is not the type of player Colorado wants. This is the same reason the Avs traded Chris Stewart away.
This is the type of nonsense that people pin on Radulov; and what keeps propogating his bad image.

If I'm not mistaken, Radulov returned from dinner an hour past curfew and completely sober. Its not the smartest move on his part, but its not remotely close to a "Radulov was out till 4am partying/doesn't care about his teammates" type of thing.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
This is the type of nonsense that people pin on Radulov; and what keeps propogating his bad image.

If I'm not mistaken, Radulov returned from dinner an hour past curfew and completely sober. Its not the smartest move on his part, but its not remotely close to a "Radulov was out till 4am partying/doesn't care about his teammates" type of thing.
There is a reason the team suspended him. Being suspended for off ice behavior during the playoffs is reason not to want him around. We don't need him contaminating our players with bad attitudes.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
No he wouldn't. This is a guy that was out partying the night before a playoff game. He puts himself above the team. That is not the type of player Colorado wants. This is the same reason the Avs traded Chris Stewart away.
hasn't it already been proven that he wasn't out partying? Seems like the guy is hated in North America by everyone and nothing is going to change that. Hard to blame the kid for going back to his hometown for more money and to be a loved hero. I'd do the same.

P.S. David Jones has been drunk for 2 years.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Zine

Quote:
There is a reason the team suspended him.
Of course.....and Radulov and Kostitsyn were rightfully suspended.

But lets not sensationalize the situation to make Radulov look worse. Despite the suspenion, there's a HUGE difference between returning from dinner and hour late and "was out partying the night before a playoff game"

Old
06-19-2012, 04:17 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
In terms of Alexander Radulov, Poile said that — through Radulov’s agent, Jay Grossman — there is a strong belief the forward will return to the Kontinental Hockey League. If this happens, Poile all but conceded that it would be close to impossible to get any sort of return for Radulov’s rights.

“I think the next time will be when his contract is up again or what have you,” Poile said. “I think it’s less and less realistic he’s coming abck to us or some day in the NHL. I think we had our time, but I think it’s over.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...suter-radulov/

Old
06-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Elever
Hth

So has Radulov actually gone back to the KHL? He's still an RFA and not signed to a KHL team yet from what I know and Preds still have his rights.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Le Golie

Remember when he came back and some people were like, 'OMG he's a top 10 player in the world'? Haha.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:50 PM
WarriorofTime

Good decision by him, the North American media has pretty much made it clear no Russians allowed and gone out of their way to unfairly bash him and others. Can't wait to see Radulov destroy Canada on Russian ice in the next Olympics.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:57 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Remember when he came back and some people were like, 'OMG he's a top 10 player in the world'? Haha.
like 1 person?

Old
06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
I wouldn't want Radulov anywhere near my team even if we got him for free.
same here.............

this is the time when team owner should talk together and and plot not to sign him.
Sometimes examples has to be made for other young players.

If you wanna play NHL earn it.
If you get a contract, be forced to stick with it.

If anyone asks me, they should remove the UFA status completely or raise it to the age of 32.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Mowerman

Hope he makes his way back in a few years. Talented guy, and unlike most meathead athletes has a brain. Wish him the best.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

He hasn't signed a contract in the KHL yet. Just his rights were sold. I think he plays in the NHL next year.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:45 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
goodbye loser.. don't come back
Might wanna change your avatar...

Old
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

People can hate on him all they want... He's a good player and he's just trying to live somewhat of a normal life.

Personally, I wouldn't hate seeing him go to the Blues if we needed wingers

Old
06-30-2012, 01:48 PM
LukeD
On Fire

Good riddance.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
same here.............

this is the time when team owner should talk together and and plot not to sign him.
Sometimes examples has to be made for other young players.

If you wanna play NHL earn it.
If you get a contract, be forced to stick with it.

If anyone asks me, they should remove the UFA status completely or raise it to the age of 32.
lets just take away all the players freedoms good idea, if you get drafted by columbus to bad! your stuck here for the next 14 years

Old
06-30-2012, 02:03 PM
ilikeblocks

He hasn't signed a KHL extension or said he's going over. The absence of both makes me think he is holding out for an NHL gig.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:05 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk94 View Post
Rumours that he will become the highest paid hockey player on the planet, getting offered 12m by CSKA

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...18-074900.html

Google translate

The Nashville Predators forward Alexander Radulov has decided to return to Russia to continue his career in the Continental Hockey League (KHL). His agent, Yuri Nikolaev, made ​​the announcement in the Russian daily Izvestiya on Monday. Last week, the formation of CSKA Moscow had acquired the rights of the talented forward. CSKA, including former NHL player Sergei Fedorov is the general manager, would have made ​​a significant financial compensation for Ufa Salavat Yulaev for Radulov. The most persistent rumors suggest that Radulov could become the highest paid hockey player in the world, an annual income of over $ 12 million. Radulov Predators Joined in March, but general manager David Poile said a few days ago that he was not interested in keeping its services for the next campaign. Russian 25 years has amassed seven points in nine games with the Predators last season. In the playoffs, he added six points in eight games.
I actually expect Suter to haul in more than that in his first year of the deal from Detroit if he signs. His total cap hit will be lower, but I don't think Radulov will be the highest paid player in the world in terms of next year. Minnesota could also front-load Parise to something that significant.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
So has Radulov actually gone back to the KHL? He's still an RFA and not signed to a KHL team yet from what I know and Preds still have his rights.
But next year because of age and service rules assuming the CBA doesn't change this he returns with UFA status. That was why he came for 10 games. If I remember right he has to pay close to 4 million to be an NHL player at all next year himself out of pocket. Why not make 12 million in Moscow have the team buy those rights and then sign in New York, Montreal or wherever he wants after next season. Wouldn't mind him on Detroit know I am in the minority there though.

Radulov - Datsyuk - Semin would be sight to behold and probably keep Datsyuk from going back to Russia at the end of this contract. He could even live in his next potential bosses house as Fedorov still has his place in Bloomfield Hills.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Joshua Cooper

Quote:
Poile also said he hasn't heard anything "official" on Radulov signing in the KHL
So, yeah. He's not KHL bound yet.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
CoolForumNamePending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
It was embarrassing when he first came back. It's moved way beyond that since.
Pretty much this...

The fact that fan bases of 29 teams get up in arms over the fact that he broke his contract for a better offer is rather funny. No one ever seemed to have a problem when a player would leave Europe (mid contract) to play in the NHL.

I get Nashville fans ripping on him because it impacted their own team, but everyone else?

Old
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
But next year because of age and service rules assuming the CBA doesn't change this he returns with UFA status. That was why he came for 10 games. If I remember right he has to pay close to 4 million to be an NHL player at all next year himself out of pocket. Why not make 12 million in Moscow have the team buy those rights and then sign in New York, Montreal or wherever he wants after next season. Wouldn't mind him on Detroit know I am in the minority there though.

Radulov - Datsyuk - Semin would be sight to behold and probably keep Datsyuk from going back to Russia at the end of this contract. He could even live in his next potential bosses house as Fedorov still has his place in Bloomfield Hills.
Incorrect.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Joshua Cooper

So, yeah. He's not KHL bound yet.
Teams who miss out on signing a top free agent winger will be calling Poille when they also strike out on Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Incorrect.
I don't think Radulov received a Qualifying offer. Which would make him an UFA.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I don't think Radulov received a Qualifying offer. Which would make him an UFA.
Also incorrect, he did receive a QO and he will only be 26 next year, with very little NHL service...

Closed Thread