HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The Power of Positivity and Ridiculous Posts You Made This Year(negative or positive)

Old
06-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
All my Richards hate backfired on me. He was huge in the 1st and 2nd round.
All is forgiven and erased now that 45 years of turmoil are over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Yeah, that was definitely our low point as a whole. Up in the air about Sutter and whether or not he would change anything etc... Still trying to find my pessimistic posts. I think they are mostly about individual players, because typically if I was talking about the team as a whole, I was pretty confident in this roster on paper and figured if we missed the playoffs, regardless if Lombardi ended up fired, we would still be able to do something with this roster. The roster and depth chart Lombardi built was ironclad in my mind which kept me calm about the team's future prospects, but obviously disappointed in current performance.

It probably had something to do with Stoll, as he was one of my least favorite players. I understood his faceoff ability and how it would help us come postseason, but I just hated his skating, his decision making as a grinder (ridiculous penalties), and just overall ineffectiveness offensively.

I wanted to re-sign Penner, loved Richards through thick and thin, and my #1 desire at the trade deadline was to acquire Jeff Carter. Most of those seemingly worked out for me, but if I had to pinpoint one player or aspect of the team I was definitely pessimistic about, it would have to be Stoll.

Even now, I am unsure if we should re-sign him, I am more indifferent about it, and I know Lombardi is probably definitely going to make it happen, but I just don't get the right vibe from him on the third line, even though he actually does provide a lot of valuable assets. It is an irrational hate.

I remember way back to last season where I was arguing that we should ditch Stoll and go with Handzus instead, which probably would have turned out disastrous for us

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:27 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Funny story, I actually called into the Jim Rome radio show to say I thought it was a good trade! I'm an idiot...
Your name wouldn't be Jimmy Carson would it?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
fyrescorp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Your name wouldn't be Jimmy Carson would it?
At least the Shuchuck part of the trade provided 1 hilight.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Most of my bad ones were a case of a sick sense of humor while almost always stating the obvious for that game...

I'm STILL not crazy about this logo (which I still think looks best as a SMALL shoulder patch...NOT as a main logo)... I'll buy any other KINGS jersey (including the Burger King)...just not one with this logo...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
The most outrageous postive or negative thing I said the whole season was NOTHING. Not on this board and certainly nothnig on LGK.

THANK ME NOW IF YOU WILL, BUT I SWORE OFF THIS BOARD ABOUT JULY OF 2011 AND HAVENT SO MUCH AS VISITED IT SINCE. I'LL TAKE ALL OF THE CREDIT, THANK YOU!!!

I return only to wish you all well and to let you know that the apology letter to the man I named nicknamed "the shill" almost five years ago is complete, and only waiting for the opportune moment to be delivered so it does not get lost amongst other fan mail. If I can I will share his response if I can without violating his confidence.

My plate of crow, served cold, alone on the plate, surrounded as I was by 18,850 or so other rabid fans was the sweetest meal I have ever had the blessing to savor.

Having not chatted nor seen most of you lately (although I am in the same place every game), Jr and I maintained our playoff long vigil, the routine the same as humanly possible for every game. To finally get to see the Cup, our first cup, presented to the KINGS ON HOME ICE, partying with Zad and JDM afterward was truly a dream, a long strange trip of a dream come true.

To those old board veterans I know: Tony, Telos, Buddy, BigKing, Tik, LBFF, Johnjm, Syd, Reaper, JT, and so man others I've met, and last but not least KINGS17, It is my sincere hope that you felt the sheer elation and depth of joy I experienced, and hope to experience again, upon seeing the Kings crowned
THE 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS

I GET GOOSEBUMPS EVERYTIME I SAY IT, WHICH IS MAYBE WHY I'VE BEEN SAYING I EVERY CHANCE I GET

THE LOS ANGELES KINGS ARE THE 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
Hey man! I still owe you some beers. I figured I'd see you at Staples this season but I didn't see you once. Last year, when I saw you at Frozen Fury, I was so wasted I ended up falling asleep around 10pm. I stumbled back to my room after the game (of which I don't remember much of, thankfully) and that was that. I do owe you some more beers for your legal help last year. So glad that you and all the other long time fans finally get what everyone wanted! wooooot!

If you see me at Frozen Fury, feel free to ask for some beers!

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
The most outrageous postive or negative thing I said the whole season was NOTHING. Not on this board and certainly nothnig on LGK.

THANK ME NOW IF YOU WILL, BUT I SWORE OFF THIS BOARD ABOUT JULY OF 2011 AND HAVENT SO MUCH AS VISITED IT SINCE. I'LL TAKE ALL OF THE CREDIT, THANK YOU!!!

I return only to wish you all well and to let you know that the apology letter to the man I named nicknamed "the shill" almost five years ago is complete, and only waiting for the opportune moment to be delivered so it does not get lost amongst other fan mail. If I can I will share his response if I can without violating his confidence.

My plate of crow, served cold, alone on the plate, surrounded as I was by 18,850 or so other rabid fans was the sweetest meal I have ever had the blessing to savor.

Having not chatted nor seen most of you lately (although I am in the same place every game), Jr and I maintained our playoff long vigil, the routine the same as humanly possible for every game. To finally get to see the Cup, our first cup, presented to the KINGS ON HOME ICE, partying with Zad and JDM afterward was truly a dream, a long strange trip of a dream come true.

To those old board veterans I know: Tony, Telos, Buddy, BigKing, Tik, LBFF, Johnjm, Syd, Reaper, JT, and so man others I've met, and last but not least KINGS17, It is my sincere hope that you felt the sheer elation and depth of joy I experienced, and hope to experience again, upon seeing the Kings crowned
THE 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS

I GET GOOSEBUMPS EVERYTIME I SAY IT, WHICH IS MAYBE WHY I'VE BEEN SAYING I EVERY CHANCE I GET

THE LOS ANGELES KINGS ARE THE 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
I want my own private reading no matter what.

DH, we miss you around here man. You need to come around at least once in a while.

See you in Vegas?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Let's make one thing clear:

Riding the rollercoaster of ups and downs with a sporting team is one thing, and being an annoying, broken record of a negative nancy who wallows in their own misery disguised as happiness just gets old. And it did.

With that said, I say we let the past be the past.

WE are Stanley Cup Champions.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Ducks fans!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote