HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Curt Fraser (Grand Rapids Head Coach) Leaves for Dallas Assistant Coach Job.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:49 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Sounds like they're going to go with Paek. Hopefully he's not cut from the same cloth as Fraser as far as never playing guys that might one day be NHLers...frankly I don't care if GR loses every game if they're churning out well-developed NHLers.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Sounds like they're going to go with Paek. Hopefully he's not cut from the same cloth as Fraser as far as never playing guys that might one day be NHLers...frankly I don't care if GR loses every game if they're churning out well-developed NHLers.
But I guess they have to sign someone new as assistant coach anyway? I could really see Jiri Fischer getting that kind of a job, and IMO he'd fit well with the description Nill gave:
Quote:
We want a young, energetic guy. Its a fine line in the minors we all want to win but we need to develop so its a real balancing act. You want someone whos worked with younger kids but still is very demanding and expects to win. And thats important to us that we have someone that can instill that winning attitude.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
But I guess they have to sign someone new as assistant coach anyway? I could really see Jiri Fischer getting that kind of a job, and IMO he'd fit well with the description Nill gave:
Can Jiri meet the physical demands of a full-time coaching gig? It's been a while since I read an update on his condition, but for a while, driving was too stressful for him...it's one thing to chat with some prospects about box jumps and whey protein, it's another thing to travel on crappy AHL buses and planes and manage a bench in mid-game.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:44 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
At a quick glance it might look like such a great idea. He was in charge of the defense and GR had one of the worst in the league. Not sure how much of that is his fault though. Perhaps if more Wings fans followed the Griffins then we would hammer on Paek the same way we did for McCrimmon.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:08 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Can Jiri meet the physical demands of a full-time coaching gig? It's been a while since I read an update on his condition, but for a while, driving was too stressful for him...it's one thing to chat with some prospects about box jumps and whey protein, it's another thing to travel on crappy AHL buses and planes and manage a bench in mid-game.
Okey, if that's the case then it's not going to happen.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote