Jagr to Test Free Agency

Old
06-18-2012, 07:47 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I would only sign Jagr if we signed Oli...

Tangs Cammy iggy
GlenX oli Backlund
Baertschi Cervanka Jagr

Bouma jones aliu
Stajan

I like that line up. Backlund, Cammy, and Baertschi..can be switched around while the others already have chemistry.

I dunno. But we can't trade JBo or Gio. Bottom line.

We got to give Backlund a shot. He Is young, and has potential still to be a 1 center or 2 at least.
That top 9 isn't even fair XD

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
That top 9 isn't even fair XD
Would rather see Glencross with Jagr + Cervenka. Sven playing there, that'd be a line I'd be afraid to have out against any other line with offensive upside. Glencross is a perfect second liner in my opinion. Good for a decent amount of points and plays a strong rough two way game.

Let Sven play with Backlund; with my fingers still crossed Guillaume Latendresse coming to Calgary for that line.

Tanguay - Cammi - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Jagr
Bartschi - Backlund - Latendresse

That's called being able to roll 3 lines, all that look dangerous.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
BVicious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why "only if we resign Olli" just replace him with Stajan and you are fine.
Cuz I'm already banking on Cervanka passing what Stajan should be. But neither will be oli. He was our best player last year, Glencross was lights out. Move Backlund and Cammy around if need be and that is a scary top 6.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Cuz I'm already banking on Cervanka passing what Stajan should be. But neither will be oli. He was our best player last year, Glencross was lights out. Move Backlund and Cammy around if need be and that is a scary top 6.
No! he was for the first 4 months. Also I don't want get into another Stajan debate but given an offensive system he should be able to get 50+ points again.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:22 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
No! he was for the first 4 months. Also I don't want get into another Stajan debate but given an offensive system he should be able to get 50+ points again.
He's put up a total of 49 points combined in the last two seasons and on top of that only one 50+ point season under his belt in his whole NHL career and that was 3 years ago. Your ideas come from a brief stint of success he had. He is an underachieving, overpaid, third line center who lacks confidence. All the praise he receives is based on little envidence.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:24 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Can someone answer this question, does Cervenka play RW/C or LW/C, seems like we need a legit RW?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
He's put up a total of 49 points combined in the last two seasons and on top of that only one 50+ point season under his belt in his whole NHL career and that was 3 years ago. Your ideas come from a brief stint of success he had. He is an underachieving, overpaid, third line center who lacks confidence. All the praise he receives is based on little envidence.
He has hit 50+ points twice once in 08-09 and again in 09-10. Before the hit with Staal in 2010 he had 14 points in 18 games putting him on pace for 64 points. He was the leading scorer and caring the top line as Iggy/Tangs got off to a slow start and it was blamed on him. The rest of the year he didn't look right I believe he had concussion. This year he never had a chance and was put on the fourth line

For 176 games he had 126 points for a ppg .72 and a pace of 59 points a season. My opinion is based on solid facts but I guess we need a scapegoat.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:43 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
He has hit 50+ points twice once in 08-09 and again in 09-10. Before the hit with Staal in 2010 he had 14 points in 18 games putting him on pace for 64 points. He was the leading scorer and caring the top line as Iggy/Tangs got off to a slow start and it was blamed on him. The rest of the year he didn't look right I believe he had concussion. This year he never had a chance and was put on the fourth line

For 176 games he had 126 points for a ppg .72 and a pace of 59 points a season. My opinion is based on solid facts but I guess we need a scapegoat.
Nice job with the stats but I'll reserve judgment until he actually does something in a flames uniform.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Can someone answer this question, does Cervenka play RW/C or LW/C, seems like we need a legit RW?
LW mostly.
From a memorable Q&A with Jagr, I remember him saying something along the lines of in the Czech league the center doesn't have the defensive responsibilities they do in the K or NHL.

Guillaume Latendresse. I want him bad, he fits the age group, the size, the skill we need. Only issue is he's softer than expensive tissues.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 233
If by some miracle we got Jagr I'd play him with Cervenka and Glencross. That line would have the closest dynamic to Giroux and Hartnell and I think using the same philosophy here would be the way go considering his past success with Cervenka.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Nice job with the stats but I'll reserve judgment until he actually does something in a flames uniform.
He did do something. He was the leading scorer before taking a major blow to the head. He was on pace for 50 points when he played in the top 6 this year. Every time he has been given a chance in the top 6 he has done well. The problem is that Sutter never gave him a chance and threw him under the bus (what a great coach) He gave Tko, Moss, and Nemo a chance before him. The Stajan hate is redicoulus on these boards you would think he is Gomez the way some talk about him. I mean people are expecting Cervenka to be better than him and he is a winger for an inferior league. People love to talk about bad asset management well misusing players is bad asset management lets give him a ****ing shot.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
If by some miracle we got Jagr I'd play him with Cervenka and Glencross. That line would have the closest dynamic to Giroux and Hartnell and I think using the same philosophy here would be the way go considering his past success with Cervenka.
I would rather play them with Cervenka - Stajan - Jagr. Cervenka is a winger primarily and played mostly wing when playing with Jagr.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:50 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
He did do something. He was the leading scorer before taking a major blow to the head. He was on pace for 50 points when he played in the top 6 this year. Every time he has been given a chance in the top 6 he has done well. The problem is that Sutter never gave him a chance and threw him under the bus (what a great coach) He gave Tko, Moss, and Nemo a chance before him. The Stajan hate is redicoulus on these boards you would think he is Gomez the way some talk about him. I mean people are expecting Cervenka to be better than him and he is a winger for an inferior league. People love to talk about bad asset management well misusing players is bad asset management lets give him a ****ing shot.
I don't care if he was on pace for 200 points the fact is that he didn't produce as expected. If he ever does live up to standard than I will eat crow but until then I will disagree with you.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I don't care if he was on pace for 200 points the fact is that he didn't produce as expected. If he ever does live up to standard than I will eat crow but until then I will disagree with you.
He did live up to expectations until he was hurt. This year he was never given a shot his expectation where to win faceoffs and he was the best at it or were you expecting him to put up 50 points on the 4th line? Also if he was on pace for 200 points in the first 18 games he would have put up 44 points that would have made him it expectations no?

Old
06-18-2012, 11:04 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
He did live up to expectations until he was hurt. This year he was never given a shot his expectation where to win faceoffs and he was the best at it or were you expecting him to put up 50 points on the 4th line? Also if he was on pace for 200 points in the first 18 games he would have put up 44 points that would have made him it expectations no?
Please tell me how he lived up to expectations prior to injury?
1 assist is 6 games up until that October 20th game in which he it injured I believe. If I am correct and that, that was the game he got injured?

Last edited by tyflames: 06-18-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old
06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Please tell me how he lived up to expectations prior to injury?
1 assist is 6 games up until that October 20th game in which he it injured I believe.
His injury was in 2010 and he had 1 goal and 13 assists in 18 games. This is a write off as he played with TKO and Jackman and only in defensive situations enough said.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
His injury was in 2010 and he had 1 goal and 13 assists in 18 games. This is a write off as he played with TKO and Jackman and only in defensive situations enough said.
Thought the injury was this season my apologies. But I still stand by my point of view, and disagree with you. He has not done enough to prove to me he is a top 6 player that's all I'm saying

Old
06-18-2012, 11:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Thought the injury was this season my apologies. But I still stand by my point of view, and disagree with you. He has not done enough to prove to me he is a top 6 player that's all I'm saying
My point is he isn't a typical player most top players will still do well in the bottom 6 but obviously not do as well. But Stajan is a complementary player his game gets better when with talent (obvious I know but him more that others). He is a top 6 player when played as one but you are using his season point totals as evidence against him but he has never played a majority of a season on the top line. When he is in a top 6 spot he is a 50-60 point player as all his statistics show. I think it is a mistake to not use him a top 6 player as he is a top 6 player when put in the position to be.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
My point is he isn't a typical player most top players will still do well in the bottom 6 but obviously not do as well. But Stajan is a complementary player his game gets better when with talent (obvious I know but him more that others). He is a top 6 player when played as one but you are using his season point totals as evidence against him but he has never played a majority of a season on the top line. When he is in a top 6 spot he is a 50-60 point player as all his statistics show. I think it is a mistake to not use him a top 6 player as he is a top 6 player when put in the position to be.
Fair enough but I believe a player should earn those minutes by making the best of their situation and producing to the best of their abilities. As you pointed out he had bad linemates but I still don't believe he has earned the minutes.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Fair enough but I believe a player should earn those minutes by making the best of their situation and producing to the best of their abilities. As you pointed out he had bad linemates but I still don't believe he has earned the minutes.
I disagree he was our best faceoff player and good defensively he also went on a 50+ pace when put in the top 6 at the end of the year. He never complained when Tko, Nemo, or Moss were used ahead of him. I think he has certanitly earned the chance to be a top 6 player. I am not saying that he should be given a spot but I don't people should be writing him off IMO Cervenka, Cammy, Backlund and Stajan should all be given an equal chance at the top 3 center roles loser gets moved to the wing or 4th line.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:28 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Oh you would care if he was on pace for 200 points, unless of course it was only the first game of the season and he got 3 points

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
I disagree he was our best faceoff player and good defensively he also went on a 50+ pace when put in the top 6 at the end of the year. He never complained when Tko, Nemo, or Moss were used ahead of him. I think he has certanitly earned the chance to be a top 6 player. I am not saying that he should be given a spot but I don't people should be writing him off IMO Cervenka, Cammy, Backlund and Stajan should all be given an equal chance at the top 3 center roles loser gets moved to the wing or 4th line.
I agree they should all be given chances and I could be wrong as Stajan could impress, but for now I by my opinion and agree to disagree with you.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Guillaume Latendresse. I want him bad, he fits the age group, the size, the skill we need. Only issue is he's softer than expensive tissues.
I'll chime in and say Brad Boyes, I know Feaster was interested in him at the deadline a year ago so I wouldn't be surprised to see him a Flame next year.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I'll chime in and say Brad Boyes, I know Feaster was interested in him at the deadline a year ago so I wouldn't be surprised to see him a Flame next year.
Only if it's for a year max. Don't count on him playing center and we could have a good 2nd line RW option.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:24 AM
johnnystormcgy

Quote:
I would rather play them with Cervenka - Stajan - Jagr. Cervenka is a winger primarily and played mostly wing when playing with Jagr.
I thought Cervenka was brought in specifically for a top 6 centre role? Where did you get the info that he played wing with Jagr?
I dont think we should sign anymore centres who cant win a faceoff, offensive zone starts with Olli were just brutal and theres a reason he was played a lot at the winger position in his last season with Florida.

johnnystormcgy is offline   Reply With Quote