HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Do or Die (or Both, or Neither)

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 01:05 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Do or Die (or Both, or Neither)

Last thread reached its limit. Continue here.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:07 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Continue here.
Oh Christ. Do we have to?

Old
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Miss Misery

vCash: 100
Hopefully this thread remains short. If you know what I mean.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:29 PM
BuffaloAZ

The more I think about it the more I feel that Bettman is coming here to offer CoG a last chance. I think he is going to tell them to get this leased passed or that is it, no more chances. From the rumors out there, Jamison has yet to be approved by the BOG (I know, just a formality that should happen), the city has yet to approve a lease. Why would Bettman fly to AZ to say…we’re getting closer? Sorry to be a downer, but we’ve been on this wild ride for way too long!

Old
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I dont know why people keep bring up the BoG approval, one 20 min conference phone call and that's done. He is/ was approved to be a part of the Sharks, whats the difference. If the League and Jameson are cool, then the only real hurtle is the City. I would assume after three years the league has a pretty go grasp as to what the city can provide and what they can't

Old
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Stump

I find the timing of this to be odd. Coyotes are hosting an elimination game tonight where the focus for everyone should be on the game, and the game only. Good, bad, or otherwise news, Bettman flying in on his broom will certainly take the focus away from the game. The players will have their head in whatever message is delivered tonight and likely not focused on the game. I know they are professionals, but they are also humans.

Why couldn't they have waited until the series was over?

Old
05-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
I dont know why people keep bring up the BoG approval, one 20 min conference phone call and that's done. He is/ was approved to be a part of the Sharks, whats the difference. If the League and Jameson are cool, then the only real hurtle is the City. I would assume after three years the league has a pretty go grasp as to what the city can provide and what they can't
It's naysayers grasping at straws that aren't there.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
I find the timing of this to be odd. Coyotes are hosting an elimination game tonight where the focus for everyone should be on the game, and the game only. Good, bad, or otherwise news, Bettman flying in on his broom will certainly take the focus away from the game. The players will have their head in whatever message is delivered tonight and likely not focused on the game. I know they are professionals, but they are also humans.

Why couldn't they have waited until the series was over?
Maybe the announcement is planned for after the game.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:15 PM
ParisSaintGermain

If this agreement is indeed announced by Bettman tonight, this has been leaked for more or less 24 hours so I can't see this having any negative effect on the team. It would be a fantastic news for all involved; if anything, this could be more distracting for the predators, who are facing a must win game

Old
05-07-2012, 02:15 PM

Today is an exciting day for a Coyotes fan either way. I know I am even more excited to be going to tonight's game than I was 24 hours ago with the potential news coming out.

I guess today must be day 14 of "two weeks...".

Old
05-07-2012, 02:34 PM
amjay13

Bettman has landed in Arizona.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Miss Misery

vCash: 100
Is Phoenix the only city where Bettman wouldn't get booed?

Old
05-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
If this agreement is indeed announced by Bettman tonight, this has been leaked for more or less 24 hours so I can't see this having any negative effect on the team. It would be a fantastic news for all involved; if anything, this could be more distracting for the predators, who are facing a must win game
I'm guessing that Bettman is here only to say they reached agreement in principle with Jamison, et al. Assumedly, Jamison would do a season ticket drive as a condition of purchase, a lease negotiation as a condition, there would be potential out clauses and relocation clauses, and of course, GWI will have something to say about the whole deal, so today's "announcement" is likely only step 1 of several steps. I do think this may stir up a series of questions right when the Coyotes need to focus.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Today is an exciting day for a Coyotes fan either way. I know I am even more excited to be going to tonight's game than I was 24 hours ago with the potential news coming out.

I guess today must be day 14 of "two weeks...".
Potentially exciting. What happens if the announcement isn't what we expect and we lose tonight? I'm gonna rage that's for sure.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:06 PM
MP

If the bombshell about Winnipeg prior to game 1 last year threw off their concentration and perhaps contributed to their loss against Detroit, logic dictates that a press conference about a local buyer prior to an elimination game would have the opposite effect. Right?

Please?

Old
05-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Rink Rage

It looks like the blues may get their ownership situation settled as well.

Shoalts:
Quote:
Sale of St. Louis Blues to group headed by Tom Stillman is done. Governors approval expected tomorrow, sale closes Wednesday.
https://twitter.com/#!/dshoalts/stat...89183268995072

Old
05-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Rink Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
If the bombshell about Winnipeg prior to game 1 last year threw off their concentration and perhaps contributed to their loss against Detroit, logic dictates that a press conference about a local buyer prior to an elimination game would have the opposite effect. Right?

Please?
I see this as the ultimate home ice advantage.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
CitizenCoyote

I ask the following question: If there is a favorable announcement tonight moving the ball forward with respect to keeping the Coyotes in Arizona, what is the percentage likelihood that the Coyotes will win the game?

My best guess at the answer: Exactly the same as it would have been without an announcement.

I really don't see it having an on ice effect, one way or the other. This game is going to be like the others. One team will score first, and that team will dictate the game and probably win.

Tonight could be a glorious night in a lot of ways, or it could be a night where we stay in a holding pattern, both with respect to the series and ownership. Either way, there's nothing we can do except scream our lungs out tonight and hope the bounces go our way.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Shepard

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are expecting this to be a distraction. I expect the Yotes - especially Doan, to come out on fire tonight.

Though I'm also worried Kostitsyn and Radulov will as well.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink Rage View Post
It looks like the blues may get their ownership situation settled as well.

Shoalts:
https://twitter.com/#!/dshoalts/stat...89183268995072
Sounds like Gary had a to-do list before a vacation and decided to get it all done this week.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Is Phoenix the only city where Bettman wouldn't get booed?
I doubt Nashville or Pittsburgh would boo. Edmonton and Ottawa probably would but shouldn't if they don't have short memories. Buffalo too.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Hey guys, rangers fan here....really hope this pulls through for you. Have family out there, love the area, if I wasnt a new yorker, id probably be in Az. Hoping this works out and you guys can finally stay. Also good luck tonight, pulling for the yotes.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralous View Post
I doubt Nashville or Pittsburgh would boo. Edmonton and Ottawa probably would but shouldn't if they don't have short memories. Buffalo too.
I thought Pittsburgh boo'd Bettman when he presented the Cup to the Wings. Or am I remembering that wrong?

Old
05-07-2012, 03:25 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I thought Pittsburgh boo'd Bettman when he presented the Cup to the Wings. Or am I remembering that wrong?
They booed their ***** off. It seemed pretty clear that they were booing him specifically, too. That's gratitude for you.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
They booed their ***** off. It seemed pretty clear that they were booing him specifically, too. That's gratitude for you.
Not too surprising since there's a good number of Pittsburgh fans that want the Coyotes relocated.

I don't want to generalize and say all of them since there's also quite a few that remember how much the relocation rumors sucked and are cheering for the Coyotes to stay in Glendale. Seems about 50/50 with them.

Closed Thread