HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Jagr to test the market. Mark Recchi role with the Bruins?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:56 AM
McKuato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
If Jagr is that good an influence on younger players, maybe he should sign with Toronto.
He could teach Kessel the way to the gym.
Nobody puts baby in the gym!!!

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Heisenberg77

I'd be as happy as a pig in $#!+ if he signed here.

Too good to be true though, that's a fact.

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
NOBODY can teach Kessel the way to the gym

I liked Jagr`s game last year, to be honest, I was a bit surprised myself with the reports that he was so accepting of his role with the Flyers, in spite of the pts he put up in the playoffs, it was clear he ran out of steam. No secret here but CJ uses all 4 lines and I`m not sure the same would happen in a Bruin uni but there`s also that voice (amongst the other 9) in my head that says he just wouldn`t work in Boston.

Who knows, I certainly don`t anticipate a Jagr citing in Boston anytime
What was the surprise? He stepped into the role of 1st line wing and got fed his PP time as well.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:06 PM
gillesgilbert

Jagr might be a perfect fit on the 3rd line .Jagr is someone who does have enough skill to fill in on lines 1 or 2 if injuries occur.One reason we won the Cup is because our 3rd line had Peverley/Ryder on it .Peverley/Ryder are good enough to play in the top 6 but we had the advantage of having them on the 3rd line.I wouldn't throw a lot of money at Jagr and I would have modest expectations for him but he still would be an upgrade over Pouliot.I actually would prefer Caron on the 3rd line instead of Poiliot.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

I say give him 1 year at 3 Mil ....... but will he run out of gas in june

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:58 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Jagr might be a perfect fit on the 3rd line .Jagr is someone who does have enough skill to fill in on lines 1 or 2 if injuries occur.One reason we won the Cup is because our 3rd line had Peverley/Ryder on it .Peverley/Ryder are good enough to play in the top 6 but we had the advantage of having them on the 3rd line.I wouldn't throw a lot of money at Jagr and I would have modest expectations for him but he still would be an upgrade over Pouliot.I actually would prefer Caron on the 3rd line instead of Poiliot.
Great point! More so since Peverley even played on the fourth line a good amount during that playoffs (once Bergy came back against TB and Seguin couldn't be benched immediately.) You just can't underestimate having multiple guys who can step into you first line playing on your third.

I think the Jagr-Krecji-? line becomes our third if he signed with Seguin centering Lucic or playing the wing with him and Kelly and it prob gets a significant amount less even strength ice time than the top 2 to keep Jagr from burning out.

Last year our forward depth was why we got by with a crap powerplay, and why with Chara, Seidenberg, and Thomas we immediately became a great matchup against the Canucks since we countered their foward talent and skill by being far deeper than they were up front. (We had the better 3rd and 4th lines the entire series and when Raymond went down our second line was far better than theirs with DK Looch Pevs matching/outplaying the Sedins and Burrows.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:38 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
I say give him 1 year at 3 Mil ....... but will he run out of gas in june
That's certainly a possibility he could run out of gas but CJ is a good coach who might be able to counteract that by resting Jagr for some games in March.Having Jagr on the 3rd line wouldn't put much pressure on him to produce offensively and Kelly/Peverley are responsible enough defensively to carry Jagr if he runs out of gas.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote