HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Projections for 8 up and coming players

Old
06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

vCash: 500
Projections for 8 up and coming players

Hey HFers,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on these prospects, and specifically, where they will be playing next year (AHL, NHL bottom 6, NHL top 6) and a projected point total.

Note: I am probably so out to lunch on these projections, but I'd like to know what all of your projections might be.

List:
Chris Kreider
Jaden Schwartz
Stefan Elliott
Ryan Murphy
Ryan Strome
Sven Baertschi
Nicklas Jensen
Ryan Ellis

Here are my projections:

Chris Kreider - strong playoffs for NYR, maybe 30 points in the bottom 6?

Jaden Schwartz - looked pretty good at the end of the Blues season, I think he might have a 40 point season moving around the Blues top 9

Stefan Elliot - 13 points in 39 games is pretty good for a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a top 4 role in Colorado and nets 40 points.

Ryan Murphy - I think he might make the Hurricanes this year, no idea what his point totals would be though.

Ryan Strome - See Ryan Murphy above.

Sven Baertschi - I think he makes the Flames top 9 and scores 30-40 points.

Nicklas Jensen - I think he needs a full year in the AHL, but he's looking pretty good. (Edit: will probably be in OHL)

Ryan Ellis - I see him breaking 30 points especially if one of Suter/Weber leaves.

Last edited by KeslerKrony: 06-18-2012 at 04:02 PM.
KeslerKrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

List:
Chris Kreider - NHL, Top-Six LW, 50 Points
Jaden Schwartz - NHL, 45 points
Stefan Elliott - NHL, 35 points
Ryan Murphy - AHL (if eligible)
Ryan Strome - AHL (if eligible)
Sven Baertschi - NHL, Top-Six, 50 Points
Nicklas Jensen - AHL (if eligible)
Ryan Ellis - NHL, 35 points

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
slovakiasnextone

Its either NHL or OHL for Jensen, hes a 1993, which means he will still be junior and he was drafted from the CHL.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Kreider: Slightly overrated but he should be a solid producer.
Schwartz: Very overrated. He scored one goal and suddenly he's a Calder candidate for next year. Always thought he'd be a 40-50 guy. We'll see
Elliot: Probably gonna see a slight scoring spike but I don't see him being a big star. Maybe the next Hejduk or something.
Murphy: I think he might need another year. He doesn't seem to be strong enough yet. But he projects to be a 30-40 point guy if he hits his upside. I still think he was a steal for the Canes
Strome: Very well could make the Isles but I think his offense isn't going to translate too well. just like Etem, Strome is successful because he is so much stronger than the junior players around him. It's not clear how much that offensive skill will translate. I'm expecting like 35 points if he plays next year and I'm being generous.
Baertschi: Agree with the point projection but my feeling is he'll split time in the A and the NHL.
Jensen: Looking better than I thought, but I agree...he's not cracking the NHL for at least another year.
Ellis: He's a curious one...He's got the tools to be a good OFD but I'm not sure if that's Nashville's style. We'll have to see. 25-30 seems fair for next year. People seem to give 35+ points to OFD's a little too liberally.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Its either NHL or OHL for Jensen, hes a 1993, which means he will still be junior and he was drafted from the CHL.
Fair enough, I'll edit that. I'd still assume that he won't make the big team this year though, even though he may not have much more to prove at the OHL level.

Old
06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Not well enough educated on anyone but Ellis to state an opinion.

Ellis will likely battle for sheltered bottom pairing minutes with some PP time. Obviously a lot depends on Suter, but either way, I doubt he makes our top 4 (Weber and Josi are locks. Klein, Blum, Ekholm, and any UFAs we sign will also be vying for time, as well as Suter if he comes back).

I would guess he plays about 60 games and scores about 30 points.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Schwartz: Very overrated. He scored one goal and suddenly he's a Calder candidate for next year. Always thought he'd be a 40-50 guy. We'll see
Elliot: Probably gonna see a slight scoring spike but I don't see him being a big star. Maybe the next Hejduk or something.
Murphy: I think he might need another year. He doesn't seem to be strong enough yet. But he projects to be a 30-40 point guy if he hits his upside. I still think he was a steal for the Canes
Strome: Very well could make the Isles but I think his offense isn't going to translate too well. just like Etem, Strome is successful because he is so much stronger than the junior players around him. It's not clear how much that offensive skill will translate. I'm expecting like 35 points if he plays next year and I'm being generous.
Baertschi: Agree with the point projection but my feeling is he'll split time in the A and the NHL.
Jensen: Looking better than I thought, but I agree...he's not cracking the NHL for at least another year.
Ellis: He's a curious one...He's got the tools to be a good OFD but I'm not sure if that's Nashville's style. We'll have to see. 25-30 seems fair for next year.
Unless he tanks, the Flames don't have the depth for him to end up there.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Ellis: He's a curious one...He's got the tools to be a good OFD but I'm not sure if that's Nashville's style. We'll have to see. 25-30 seems fair for next year. People seem to give 35+ points to OFD's a little too liberally.
Would be pretty sweet to see a D-man win the Rocket Richard.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:12 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Woops. Brain fart. Confused him with another Av.

Still same applies. Maybe 15 more points at the most. That's actually pretty kind of me.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:15 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Where is Elliot on the Av's depth chart? Is he #3 or #4 right now?

Old
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeslerKrony View Post
Hey HFers,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on these prospects, and specifically, where they will be playing next year (AHL, NHL bottom 6, NHL top 6) and a projected point total.

Note: I am probably so out to lunch on these projections, but I'd like to know what all of your projections might be.

List:
Chris Kreider
Jaden Schwartz
Stefan Elliott
Ryan Murphy
Ryan Strome
Sven Baertschi
Nicklas Jensen
Ryan Ellis

Here are my projections:

Jaden Schwartz - looked pretty good at the end of the Blues season, I think he might have a 40 point season moving around the Blues top 9

Stefan Elliot - 13 points in 39 games is pretty good for a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a top 4 role in Colorado and nets 40 points.

Ryan Murphy - I think he might make the Hurricanes this year, no idea what his point totals would be though.

Nicklas Jensen - I think he needs a full year in the AHL, but he's looking pretty good. (Edit: will probably be in OHL)

Ryan Ellis - I see him breaking 30 points especially if one of Suter/Weber leaves.
Decent projections, I'm a fan of Elliott's game but I don't know about him hitting 40 points, I'd personally lower that to 25-30 points (assuming he plays a fairly full NHL season). I also really like Schwartz, but it'll be tough for him to hit 40 points next season, the Blues just have so many good forwards, he'll have to really battle hard to get a major role. Baertschi I think will exceed 30-40, I think he'll be a very strong Calder contender and will hit around 50 points. Also, as already stated, Jensen will be in the OHL, but I think he'll have a strong season there, 70+ points if he avoids injuries.

Quote:
Quote:
Woops. Brain fart. Confused him with another Av.

Still same applies. Maybe 15 more points at the most. That's actually pretty kind of me.
Hahaha, sweet. Out of curiosity, who is this mysterious Colorado forward you confused him with? Landeskog and Olver were the only rookie forwards who got much attention on the Avs last season, and neither play anything like Hejduk. Maybe you meant Hishon, but I find it hard to see how Hishon is going to have a "slight scoring spike" with respect to his NHL numbers when he has yet to play an NHL game (and didn't play a single game at any level last year after that awful 2011 Memorial Cup concussion).

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Where is Elliot on the Av's depth chart? Is he #3 or #4 right now?
As of right now I'd say 6th at best. EJ,ROB,Hejda,Wilson and Barrie are all ahead of him. Unless, he has improved his defensive play and beefed up big time, he'll start in the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Hahaha, sweet. Out of curiosity, who is this mysterious Colorado forward you confused him with? Landeskog and Olver were the only rookie forwards who got much attention on the Avs last season, and neither play anything like Hejduk. Maybe you meant Hishon, but I find it hard to see how Hishon is going to have a "slight scoring spike" with respect to his NHL numbers when he has yet to play an NHL game (and didn't play a single game at any level last year after that awful 2011 Memorial Cup concussion).
I'm wondering the same thing. Also Hishon(who will be a star) plays nothing like Hejduk.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Don't drink and post I guess. I invented a player. You caught me

Old
06-18-2012, 09:58 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
I will have to strongly disagree with this. He is successful because he is highly talented, not due to being physically stronger than his peers.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:05 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Hey HFers,

List:
Chris Kreider
Jaden Schwartz
Stefan Elliott
Ryan Murphy
Ryan Strome
Sven Baertschi
Nicklas Jensen
Ryan Ellis

Here are my projections:

based on how he played, not so much the results, I would expect that Kreider plays a top 6 role and posts closer to 20/20 at the very least.

With Gabby out long term, Kredier can expect to see alot of PP time and his numbers are going to benefit a great deal from that.

I expect 40 points, would not be surprised to see more.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
I will have to strongly disagree with this. He is successful because he is highly talented, not due to being physically stronger than his peers.
Maybe I just got a different feel from his game. He seemed to be physically stronger rather than more skillful...but the line between the two is a bit blurry.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:01 AM
canadianimpact

Duckjet you have to be thinking of a different player with Strome's description because it sounds nothing like him..

canadianimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves

Quote:
Maybe I just got a different feel from his game. He seemed to be physically stronger rather than more skillful...but the line between the two is a bit blurry.
He's rather smallish and just insanely skilled. Magnificent hands and great playmaking abilities. Certainly not physically dominant in the least.

I think you need to take a night off... you're quite off base on both Elliott and Strome.

Lier X Agerate is offline   Reply With Quote