Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Owen Sound 3-0 London

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2004, 12:16 AM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Owen Sound 3-0 London

Owen Sound thoroughly dominated this one and despite the best efforts to goon it up by the Knights Owen Sound stayed disciplined and came away with a resounding victory.

Brad Richardson scored twice and Mike Brown got the shutout.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:02 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
Owen Sound thoroughly dominated this one and despite the best efforts to goon it up by the Knights Owen Sound stayed disciplined and came away with a resounding victory.

Brad Richardson scored twice and Mike Brown got the shutout.
Not suprising, take away the league leading scorer (Perry), the league's leading goal scorer (Schremp) and the league's best d-man (Syvret) and any team would be bound to struggle. While Owen Sound is missing Ruzicka due to the WJC it's defintely not comparable to what London is missing. It would have been a big dissappointment if Owen Sound didn't come up with the win.

Old
12-30-2004, 08:12 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
Not suprising, take away the league leading scorer (Perry), the league's leading goal scorer (Schremp) and the league's best d-man (Syvret) and any team would be bound to struggle. While Owen Sound is missing Ruzicka due to the WJC it's defintely not comparable to what London is missing. It would have been a big dissappointment if Owen Sound didn't come up with the win.
London is missing it's 2 top forwards and top d-man.
Owen Sound is missing it's top forward and top d-man.

It's pretty comparable, obviously London is a bit more hurt by the WJC, but the bottom line is this shows Owen Sound has the better depth and that their players stepped up when they had to and London didn't. The gap between the two teams is not as big as you would have believe.

Old
12-30-2004, 11:01 AM
TJF

Quote:
London is missing it's 2 top forwards and top d-man.
Owen Sound is missing it's top forward and top d-man.

It's pretty comparable, obviously London is a bit more hurt by the WJC, but the bottom line is this shows Owen Sound has the better depth and that their players stepped up when they had to and London didn't. The gap between the two teams is not as big as you would have believe.

Owen Sounds missing players are great but again you can't compare it to what London's missing those guys have been dominating the league this year. As for the gap being shortened I agree Owen Sound as made some key trades in the last few months to fill some holes but I still think you put the Knights full squad against their full squad the Knights come out on top. Sure it's great Owen Sound won but as we all know 1 game doesn't mean anything.

Old
12-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Lessy

Ruzicka is to Owen Sound what Perry is to London. London is missing more key players and it will be interesting when Owen Sound meets London with a full lineup. Two excellent teams, Owen Sound seems to be improving constantly with their recent acquisitions of Brown and Bissonnette.

Old
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
balddog66

Yeah seems like London fans are underestimating the impact that Ruzicka and Sekera have on the Owen Sound team...I believe it will be interesting to see these two powerhouse teams go at it once they have a full squad...Owen Sound has filled some holes picking up a great goalie and a brusing defenseman...
Their management is awesome!

Old
12-31-2004, 01:36 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
Owen Sounds missing players are great but again you can't compare it to what London's missing those guys have been dominating the league this year.
Look at the world junior scoring for OHL players. Tell me what you see.

Old
12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Look at the world junior scoring for OHL players. Tell me what you see.
Look who's team has been relegated.

By the sounds of things the Attack had an easy time of it (notice the pun ), oh well London also lost on home ice to Sudbury and the Wolves were without 4 or 5 guys due to suspension. Can't say these losses are a concern or anything.

Old
12-31-2004, 02:58 PM
flip588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower

By the sounds of things the Attack had an easy time of it (notice the pun ), oh well London also lost on home ice to Sudbury and the Wolves were without 4 or 5 guys due to suspension. Can't say these losses are a concern or anything.
Are you speaking of Slovakia?

If so, they were sent to the relegation round (not relegated yet) by one of the stupidest tie breaking systems I've ever come across. But all that aside, what more do you expect from Rosie and Andrej?

Ruzicka scored 30% of his team's goals and was involved in 50% of them. He lead his team in goals and points, for the second year in a row. He also ended up +2 on a team that allowed as many as they scored. Decent stats if you ask me.

Last edited by flip588: 12-31-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old
12-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
YAY, that was a good game!!!!!!!!!! GO ATTACK GO

Old
12-31-2004, 06:46 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:

They should be, the gap is only 10 points.

Old
01-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
That's fantastic... now, aren't there more players on that team other than just Ruzicka and Sekera?

Old
01-09-2005, 01:20 AM
TJF

Well tomorrow afternoon we'll get to see both teams with their full squads playing each other, we'll see how much of a difference the players who were playing at the WJC for both teams make.

Old
01-09-2005, 10:18 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
Well tomorrow afternoon we'll get to see both teams with their full squads playing each other, we'll see how much of a difference the players who were playing at the WJC for both teams make.

Full squads? The Attack are missing their top d-man Bissonette, Mike Angelidis, Scott Giles and maybe Trevor Koverko. They will only dress maximum 16 skaters. Rumor is Beauliue may be out for the Knights as well.

Also, London has the advantage in that Owen Sound played last night and the night before and has to travel to a 2pm game today.

We'll see, but i'm doubtful of the Attack getting any kind of result. Jan 29th will probably be the better indicator.

Old
01-09-2005, 12:29 PM
TJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Full squads? The Attack are missing their top d-man Bissonette, Mike Angelidis, Scott Giles and maybe Trevor Koverko. They will only dress maximum 16 skaters. Rumor is Beauliue may be out for the Knights as well.

Also, London has the advantage in that Owen Sound played last night and the night before and has to travel to a 2pm game today.

We'll see, but i'm doubtful of the Attack getting any kind of result. Jan 29th will probably be the better indicator.

Please stop your excuses are killing me, first you said that Owen Sound was missing their top forward (Ruzika) and top d-man in Sekera. Now that he's back Bissonette is their top d-man and honestly it's not like any of those other guys a big difference makers. And the 3 games in 3 nights excuse is just brutal honestly that has been around forever every team in the league does it a lot. While London was on their streak they did it 3 times, Owen Sound had already done it once on their unbeaten streak.

Either way it should be a great game both teams have their stars in the line up.

Old
01-09-2005, 02:03 PM
flip588

I would say Bissonnette is our top blueliner, not Sekera. Anyways, I don't see Owen Sound winning this one, but hopefully it's an entertaining matchup.

Old
01-09-2005, 02:47 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuzickaFan23
I would say Bissonnette is our top blueliner, not Sekera.
So would I, Biss was just acquired when Sekera left and I didn't know much about him. Previous to that Sekera was our top d-man.

Old
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
TJF

At the end of the 2nd period it's 3-2 Knights

Knights were leading it 2-0 early in the second but the Attack came back with 2 quick goals to tie it up at two and than late in the second Corey Perry scores a shorthanded goal. Very good game should be a great 3rd period.

Old
01-09-2005, 03:54 PM
naihlflames

Ruzicka 3-3 in the 3'rd

I like his offensive upside for the Flyers. He could look good with Carter in the future.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:58 PM
FearTheFlyers

5-4 Knights in OT. Sounds like it was a fantastic game. And I'm happy with the result. We truly have to be recognized as a contender now.

Old
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

It was an incredible game. Syvret scores with 45 left on the clock in the 3rd to make it 4-4, and Hunter pot the game winner with 22 left after a beautiful feed by Bolland, and a laser shot.

Old
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
London Knights

London and Owen Sound are the teams to beat in the OHL. It sucks that yet again the top teams in the league are in the same division. Last year it was Guelph and London, which essentially made the western final the OHL final (no real offense to Mississauga but they were not in the class of London and Guelph last year). And now this year Owen Sound and London are yet again the top two teams.

Old
01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Especially given that London will be hosting the Memorial Cup this year, it's too bad that the OHL can't send both teams regardless. If London makes the OHL final then the Eastern champ will get in automatically, and although Missy, Peterborough and Brampton are all good teams this year, none can hold a candle to the Attack.

Old
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
FearTheFlyers

Yeah, but the other way of looking at it is, I wouldn't want to be in the Mem cup, if we didn't beat London. Great game you guys, and there are still standing room tickets available for Owen Sound-London on the 29th. Anyone purchasing standing romm should find seats because of season ticket holders who never show up(companies).

Old
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
trahans99

I was at the game and I have to say it was the best regular season game i've ever seen live or on tv. It will probably be the best reg. season game in the CHL #1 London vs #2,3,4? Owen Sound, back and forth all game long.

London dominated physically, I don't think OS had more than 5 body checks, while London had hmmmm atleast 20 or more ...and some real doozies. London dominated most of the game, except the first 15 minutes of the 3rd period. I remember seeing the shots 35-20 for London, then 37-35 London and then London ended up dominating again and outshooting OS 52-40.

I have to give OS props for battling back a few times, but to be honest 2 of there goals were garbage, I don't know what the hell Hunter was thinking putting in MacDonald against OS. If Coleman was in net it would have been 3-1 or 4-2 London.

Either way I can't wait to watch these teams in the West finals

On another note, I was surprised at how Ryan didn't really stand out. He had a few good moves but never created anything really. He is one big monster though, he could become a good NHLer one day.

Closed Thread